Possible away rotation at Dartmouth- suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Irish Rose

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks very much for the link to the student electives page. I looked all over for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all,

I am thinking about doing an away rotation at Dartmouth for Derm. My finance is from Maine & we are very interested in relocating up to that area (my med school is down South). I would really appreciate any suggestions anyone has to offer about the program. I have been trying to find info on the website about how to apply for away rotations, but have not come across any just yet.
I am shooting for Sept. I will do Derm here at home in July, skin cancer in Aug. w/ hopefully some case reports/lit review time as part of that month.
Anyhow, thanks for any advice. :luck:

My wife is doing a rotation at Dartmouth's children's hospital this Jan-Feb at their pharmacy (She goes to South University's School of Pharmacy in Savannah). Do you have any tips about finding housing for her - preferably on campus - while she's at her rotation? Her school hasn't been very helpful about this, the lady at Dartmouth wasn't very helpful towards my wife (of course my wife isn't the best at communicating on the phone always) and we haven't found any other resources other than having her stay with a family friend and make an hour daily commute or paying out the you-know-what to have her stay in a hotel for 5 weeks... She is originally from New Hampshire, but moved away long before she learned to drive, and would much rather she didn't have to learn how to drive on snow & ice while doing a rotation at Dartmouth. Thanks!

Justin Smith
Mercer University School of Medicine

Dear Justin,

My best recommendation would be to use the real estate information provided by Dartmouth to try to find a place. I used it, and it worked out very well.
Here is the link: http://www.dartmouth.edu/realestate
I hope that it all goes well for her. Transportation will be a challenge, but there are limited bus services that you can check into.
Take care & sorry to be so long in replying.