Post your "Chance Me" threads here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Besides Harvard and UPenn, which Ivy's have the best dental schools?
There are only 3 ivies with dental schools. They all have great programs. You have to look them up and see which one suits you.

Hardest one to get into? Imo Harvard.

Members don't see this ad.

Stony and buffalo for a CA resident isn't the best idea. They aren't OOS friendly. Buffalo is misleading because they save 3-4 seats for folks from Canada.
You are right. I just saw the stats and looked at my spreadsheet for the schools that match those. But now that I went to my OOS list. Yep. I, myself, took SB out because of that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ivy's don't matter.

Which dentist would you prefer to go to if you are the average patient. Someone who has Harvard plastered next to his name or a dude from LECOM?

I can assure you more patients would choose Mr Harvard.

And before you mention tuition Harvard is 58k and LECOM is 50k I'll take the extra 8k per year. Of course there's the cost of living which I haven't looked up that may differ.

Reactions: 1 users
Which dentist would you prefer to go to if you are the average patient. Someone who has Harvard plastered next to his name or a dude from LECOM?

And before you mention tuition Harvard is 58k and LECOM is 50k I'll take the extra 8k per year. Of course there's the cost of living which I haven't looked up that may differ.

Just as a counter example, Dr. Kevin Sands does work for most of the celebs (his patients include Wiz, J.Bieb, Kardashians). He doesn't have an Ivy degree. He does present himself really well though. I'm sure there are dentists in Hollywood who went to Harvard but Sands seems to be the choice.

Just as a counter example, Dr. Kevin Sands does work for most of the celebs (his patients include Wiz, J.Bieb, Kardashians). He doesn't have an Ivy degree. He does present himself really well though. I'm sure there are dentists in Hollywood who went to Harvard but Sands seems to be the choice.

Celebrities aren't average people are they? The majority of people coming out of dental school would most likely not work with those kind of clients. Especially without connections ( being a celebrities child going into dental school etc etc) most people just aren't going to get those clients. Im not arguing you can't do more without the same degree, I was arguing that going to a place like Harvard DOES have some impact. Too many people on SDN say "oh ivy leagues dont matter haha....". Which is absolutely not true and bogus.

The thing people have against IVIES is their price, well other schools like NYU, tufts, BU, Case, USC and a bunch of other cost just as much if not more. I constantly see ivy league school bashing and I don't understand why. Am I saying going to an ivy means you are going to make bank instantly? No. But does the public have a better reception when hearing Ivy league school names? Yes.

Hey all, I'm quite new to this game (and the boards) and wondering if I have a shot at D-school in the states.

GPA breakdown
1 year -2.06
2nd year - 3.82
3rd year - 4.0
4th year - 3.85
5th year - 3.83

Overall ~3.5

I'm Canadian and I've written the cDAT. 23AA, 23TS and 18PAT

I have lots of extracurriculars and some research (2 oral presentations, poster presentations, etc... though medicine related and not dentistry).

Would appreciate any advice/suggestions as to list of schools, etc if possible as I've only recently thought about applying to the states. Do dental schools look at GPA trends at all? Is PAT looked at highly in the states? Would I have a shot at a school like UPenn or UOP?

Thanks everyone in advance!

Hey all, I'm quite new to this game (and the boards) and wondering if I have a shot at D-school in the states.

GPA breakdown
1 year -2.06
2nd year - 3.82
3rd year - 4.0
4th year - 3.85
5th year - 3.83

Overall ~3.5

I'm Canadian and I've written the cDAT. 23AA, 23TS and 18PAT

I have lots of extracurriculars and some research (2 oral presentations, poster presentations, etc... though medicine related and not dentistry).

Would appreciate any advice/suggestions as to list of schools, etc if possible as I've only recently thought about applying to the states. Do dental schools look at GPA trends at all? Is PAT looked at highly in the states? Would I have a shot at a school like UPenn or UOP?

Thanks everyone in advance!
I am pretty sure that this was posted already.

Celebrities aren't average people are they? The majority of people coming out of dental school would most likely not work with those kind of clients. Especially without connections ( being a celebrities child going into dental school etc etc) most people just aren't going to get those clients. Im not arguing you can't do more without the same degree, I was arguing that going to a place like Harvard DOES have some impact. Too many people on SDN say "oh ivy leagues dont matter haha....". Which is absolutely not true and bogus.

The thing people have against IVIES is their price, well other schools like NYU, tufts, BU, Case, USC and a bunch of other cost just as much if not more. I constantly see ivy league school bashing and I don't understand why. Am I saying going to an ivy means you are going to make bank instantly? No. But does the public have a better reception when hearing Ivy league school names? Yes.
I just searched for dentists through my insurance company (a very large and well known company) and it doesn't show what school they went to. Pretty sure the only way I would even find out where my dentist went is by Googling their name and trying to find some background info or asking them.

I'm willing to bet though a very good portion of people select what dentist they go to by insurance and location, not what dental school they graduated from.

Edit: I actually just googled my brother (who went to Stoney brook and then did his speciality at Harvard). He works at several different offices and all of the ones that have an "about me" on him don't even list his schools. They do have cute pics of his dogs though.

I just searched for dentists through my insurance company (a very large and well known company) and it doesn't show what school they went to. Pretty sure the only way I would even find out where my dentist went is by Googling their name and trying to find some background info or asking them.

I'm willing to bet though a very good portion of people select what dentist they go to by insurance and location, not what dental school they graduated from.

Edit: I actually just googled my brother (who went to Stoney brook and then did his speciality at Harvard). He works at several different offices and all of the ones that have an "about me" on him don't even list his schools. They do have cute pics of his dogs though.

well, obviously....
dogs are way more important than degrees

And I've looked up many dentists and they do include their schools on their about mes. Many NYUs, Tufts, Rutgers etc. I don't know about your area but in my area mentioning an Ivy League name sparks people's interests. I live in a predominantly Asian area, maybe that's why.

In terms of cost, is an Ivy League worth having an extra 200k debt? Depends on how you view priorities. To me no. I will stand by my opinion that Ivy leagues do have an impact. In my biomedical club when a classmate mentioned they got into Upenn the whole club was in awe.

Although Buffalo has a limited number, it still accepts a good amount of Canadians. Only 4 - 5 enrolled, doesn't mean they only accepted 4 - 5.

Members don't see this ad :)
GPA: 3.50 oGPA, 3.55 sGPA (3.85 sGPA, 3.25 BCP)
DAT: 21AA, 22TS, 23 BIO, 21 GC, 20 RC, 20 PAT
Shadowing: 280 hrs
Volunteering: ~800 hours
Research: None
ECs: Lab volunteer in 2 different labs, aquatics volunteer at YMCA, tutoring, biochemistry club, etc
Work: Lifeguard, online retail company, and for the government of my province as a project assistant
Residency: Canadian

School List:
BU
NYU
UPenn
Temple
UPitt
UMN
Buffalo
UMich
Case Western

GPA: 3.50 oGPA, 3.55 sGPA (3.85 sGPA, 3.25 BCP)
DAT: 21AA, 22TS, 23 BIO, 21 GC, 20 RC, 20 PAT
Shadowing: 280 hrs
Volunteering: ~800 hours
ECs: Lab volunteer in 2 different labs, aquatics volunteer at YMCA, tutoring, biochemistry club, etc
Work: Lifeguard, online retail company, and for the government of my province as a project assistant
Residency: Canadian

School List:
BU
NYU
UPenn
Temple
UPitt
UMN
Buffalo
UMich
Case Western
Yes back on subject... You should probably apply to a bit more schools, the bcp is around my area and i think thats the most important gpa they look at.
Just a humble opinion lol

Yes back on subject... You should probably apply to a bit more schools, the bcp is around my area and i think thats the most important gpa they look at.
Just a humble opinion lol

Is it really the most important GPA? Don't they combine it with sGPA? Also, sadly those are all of the Canadian friendly schools.

Is it really the most important GPA? Don't they combine it with sGPA? Also, sadly those are all of the Canadian friendly schools.
I think ive read here that its ranked the highest... However, I am just an sdner, not on a dental school committee.

Major: English and American Literature
Minor: Chemistry
cGPA: 3.906
sGPA: 3.897
DAT: AA 21 (haven't taken but assume that is a minimum score)
Research Experience: Anticipated 200+ hours by time of graduation in genetic research lab. No publications, but will try for one during senior year
Dentistry/Shadowing Experience: 40 hours general dentistry. Currently shadowing an endodontist and oral surgeon. Will have 120+ shadowing hours by the end of the summer
Clinical Experience:
- Alternative Breaks: trip to West Virginia to work on building a hospital, assisting nursing home patients, etc. (~250 hours)
- Currently applying for position at my town's medical center (outside of New York). Assume at least 100+ hours before applying
Extracurricular/Volunteer/Community Service:
- Project OutReach (weeklong volunteer program)
- Residential College Program, special dorm offered through application. Allows students to stay involved in the community through assigned group programs (1.5 years)
- Liberal Studies Student Leader (1 year)
- Move-In Crew (two-day volunteer event)
- Persian Cultural Society (1 year)
- Housing Works (1 semester)
Work Experience:
- Author's Assistant (1 year)
- CAS Student Leader (1 year)
- General Chemistry Private Tutor (1 year)
- Private Piano Instructor (4 years)
Awards, Honors, and Scholarships:
- Dean's List
- Will be listing four other scholarships that I have received
Academic Enrichment Programs: None (is this bad?)
School list: College of Charleston, Howard, Stony Brook, Dugoni, UCSF, UCLA, University of Michigan, Boston, Herman Ostrow, UNC, University of Maryland, Columbia, Harvard, Penn, NYU

Although Buffalo has a limited number, it still accepts a good amount of Canadians. Only 4 - 5 enrolled, doesn't mean they only accepted 4 - 5.

For Buffalo You would have tons of NY residents Applying with stats like mine or higher. Which is why I believe most Canadian applicants must have above average stats. The good news is you have excellent stats so you do have a good chance at buffalo (best bang for the buck).

But there are many Canadian applicants with sub >3.3s and 20 dats hoping to get in, and I think it's a long shot for them. I still encourage them to apply as anything can happen.

I think most accepted at buffalo from Canada would choose to go there as you get instate tuition after a year and it's easily the cheapest options vs private schools. Few public schools are as nice a buffalo in terms of Canadian students. Hence why I believe the enrollee and accepted shouldn't deviate all that much.

DAT: 23 AA 25 TS 20 PAT
GPA: 3.5 ogpa 3.4 sgpa
Shadowing: 100
EC: ~ 300-400
Research: 100
Residency: Ohio
Schools:
Osu
Upenn
Marquette
Maryland
Louisiville
Case Western

Can anyone give me feedback please?
Thanks

Most times the only way you know where a person graduated from is by looking at their diploma on the wall. I can't recall ever seeing a dentist gloat about their dental school in advertisements around Minnesota. Sure you could advertise you graduated from Harvard but then you just look like a conceited dick bag. Also most people don't even know UPENN is Ivy league. I sure didn't and many I have talk to didn't know either. On another note comparing LECOM to Harvard is ridiculous. LECOM has only been around for 4 years. Your average person most likely won't care whether their dentist graduated from Harvard or Boston U or any other reputable well established school.

Reactions: 1 user
I think most accepted at buffalo from Canada would choose to go there as you get instate tuition after a year and it's easily the cheapest options vs private schools. Few public schools are as nice a buffalo in terms of Canadian students. Hence why I believe the enrollee and accepted shouldn't deviate all that much.

TIL. Thanks, I didn't know this.

GPA: ~3.43 oGPA, ~3.28 sGPA linearish trend, rising a bit at the end.
DAT: 21AA, 21TS, 20QR, 20RC, 22PAT
Shadowing: 200 hrs
Volunteering: 300+ hrs
Residency: FL
About half of credits are from community college
URM

I already have 15 schools picked, just wondering if I should apply to any of these reach schools or is it a waste of money?
Penn
University of Pacific
Columbia
UCSF
UCLA

GPA: ~3.43 oGPA, ~3.28 sGPA linearish trend, rising a bit at the end.
DAT: 21AA, 21TS, 20QR, 20RC, 22PAT
Shadowing: 200 hrs
Volunteering: 300+ hrs
Residency: FL
About half of credits are from community college
URM

I already have 15 schools picked, just wondering if I should apply to any of these reach schools or is it a waste of money?
Penn
University of Pacific
Columbia
UCSF
UCLA

UCLA and UCSF both have pretty high GPA average compare to yours and low acceptance rate for OOS. UOP is expensive and a 3 years program so apply if you feel academically prepare. I don't know much about Penn and Columbia.

oGPA: 3.45; sGPA: 3.27; bcpGPA: 3.22; non-sciGPA: 3.88 [AADSAS Calculated]
DAT: Scheduled for Mid July.
Volunteering: ~700 hrs
Shadowing: 172 hours (general dentistry and all specialities except prosto).
Research: None.
Residence: Michigan
Bilingual [Arabic, English]
42CC credits, 74 4-yr college credits, with about 27 credits for next two semesters.

My parents are very paranoid about me not getting accepted since we're foreign and became refugees here in the US in 2011 (now a permanent resident, so I'm considered "in-state" and no longer international). I had a decent list of 15 schools, but my parents essentially made me apply to every school that they thought I had a shot in. Oh well, hope it pays off right?

Last semester wasn't so hot; got sick, missed one exam, did badly on another, and now will end up re-taking micro.

School List:

University of Michigan
University of Detroit Mercy
Case Western Reserve University
Marquette University
Midwestern University [IL]
Temple University Kornberg
Midwestern University [AZ]
A. T. Still University
Tufts University
University of Tennessee
University of Maryland
LECOM
Roseman University of Health Sciences
Western University of Health Sciences
University of Louisville
Loma Linda University
Herman Ostrow
Howard University
A. T. Still University
University of Nevada
New York University
University at Buffalo
University of Oklahoma
Meharry Medical College
Creighton University
University of New England

I've already applied & submitted first day it opened up [I've been ready to apply for awhile...had everything ready; preppy much?], just want to know my chances given my stats etc.

Last edited:
stony brook considered an "ivy" league dental school with them high stats they got?

For Buffalo You would have tons of NY residents Applying with stats like mine or higher. Which is why I believe most Canadian applicants must have above average stats. The good news is you have excellent stats so you do have a good chance at buffalo (best bang for the buck).

But there are many Canadian applicants with sub >3.3s and 20 dats hoping to get in, and I think it's a long shot for them. I still encourage them to apply as anything can happen.

How is regular OOS at Buffalo? I'm a Michigan resident (ironically, my hometown is in the Upper Peninsula, which often gets left off of maps and people seem to assume it's a part of Canada) and looking to apply. I have slightly above average stats (~3.6 s&oGPA, 21 AA) and the low price is obviously a big draw. I have read the Doc Toothache excel files and it seems like Buffalo is decently OOS friendly, but I'm not sure how regional bias plays into it.

How is regular OOS at Buffalo? I'm a Michigan resident (ironically, my hometown is in the Upper Peninsula, which often gets left off of maps and people seem to assume it's a part of Canada) and looking to apply. I have slightly above average stats (~3.6 s&oGPA, 21 AA) and the low price is obviously a big draw. I have read the Doc Toothache excel files and it seems like Buffalo is decently OOS friendly, but I'm not sure how regional bias plays into it.
It's only 18% (counting the Canadian-reserved seats they have). So, I wouldn't consider that decent.

It's only 18% (counting the Canadian-reserved seats they have). So, I wouldn't consider that decent.

Out of 1029 applicants, 52 were accepted at Buffalo. That's an acceptance rate of about 5%. To compare, University of Michigan is considered OOS friendly correct? UM had 1497 applicants and 94 acceptances, which is about 6.3%. Am I missing something here? Regional biases could definitely play a huge part, which is what I'm asking.

All the statistics are from Doc Toothache's dental school admission guide.

Out of 1029 applicants, 52 were accepted at Buffalo. That's an acceptance rate of about 5%. To compare, University of Michigan is considered OOS friendly correct? UM had 1497 applicants and 94 acceptances, which is about 6.3%. Am I missing something here? Regional biases could definitely play a huge part, which is what I'm asking.

You need to look at enrolled not accepted. Cause buffalo only has 10% of seats for OOS

I know I didn't answer your question. I didn't because I don't know. I just commented because of the part were you said that Buff seems pretty OOS friendly. The 18% I gave you is also from doc toothache and the fact that they have seats reserved for Canadians is something everyone in here knows.
Again, I wasn't trying to answer your question. I was just commenting that I don't consider Buff OOS friendly. My State school accepts 53% OOS students. That's friendly.

So I was a little misinformed at my school and was told my stats are a little low. I think they're pretty good and I just want other people's opinions that I am not crazy and my advisers were wrong.

BCP: 3.62, without -/+ = 3.69
Science 3.73, without -/+ = 3.78
Non-Science: 3.85, without -/+ = 3.85
Total: 3.76, without -/+ = 3.80

Do schools look at without +/- gpa or the regular more? Is my BCP a little low?

I'd like to get into BU dental, Tufts, UConn, UNE, NYU, and university of the pacific. Do I have a chance? Also hoping for NOVA and UCLA but I believe UCLA is wicked competitive.

Also I'm not a great test-taker and don't believe I will do well on the dat (all my practice exams are well under 20). Will schools tend to look more at my gpa then? My DAT is in two weeks and I'm terrified.

I'm just worried because I lost all confidence after being told my stats are "average" at best, but after cruising around sdn I see that I should be ok.

Thanks everyone :)

Also from thread at
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/my-chances.1205886/

So I was a little misinformed at my school and was told my stats are a little low. I think they're pretty good and I just want other people's opinions that I am not crazy and my advisers were wrong.

BCP: 3.62, without -/+ = 3.69
Science 3.73, without -/+ = 3.78
Non-Science: 3.85, without -/+ = 3.85
Total: 3.76, without -/+ = 3.80

Do schools look at without +/- gpa or the regular more? Is my BCP a little low?

I'd like to get into BU dental, Tufts, UConn, UNE, NYU, and university of the pacific. Do I have a chance? Also hoping for NOVA and UCLA but I believe UCLA is wicked competitive.

Also I'm not a great test-taker and don't believe I will do well on the dat (all my practice exams are well under 20). Will schools tend to look more at my gpa then? My DAT is in two weeks and I'm terrified.

I'm just worried because I lost all confidence after being told my stats are "average" at best, but after cruising around sdn I see that I should be ok.

Thanks everyone :)

Also from thread at
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/my-chances.1205886/
Not low at all. They do look at -/+ since its AADSAS who calculates it. AADSAS even counts A+ as 4.33 (my school considers it 4.00, just like a regular A:yeahright:)

I know I didn't answer your question. I didn't because I don't know. I just commented because of the part were you said that Buff seems pretty OOS friendly. The 18% I gave you is also from doc toothache and the fact that they have seats reserved for Canadians is something everyone in here knows.
Again, I wasn't trying to answer your question. I was just commenting that I don't consider Buff OOS friendly. My State school accepts 53% OOS students. That's friendly.

Yeah I gotcha, I'm just trying to do some investigating to see if it's worth my time/money to apply (if it's even somewhat decent for OOS students) or a waste for non-regional OOS students. Is your state school UConn? I see from your bio that your are from Connecticut. If that's the case, I don't see that being a "true" 53% because 40% of that is from surrounding states.

Also I don't see why it matters how many seats are available for OOS students. Wouldn't the acceptance percentage be a more important metric of a school being OOS friendly? Michigan's classes are typically about 30% OOS students, but the acceptance rate is very similar to Buffalo. Again, I would not be surprised if I'm looking at this wrong but they seem similar to me.

Not low at all. They do look at -/+ since its AADSAS who calculates it. AADSAS even counts A+ as 4.33 (my school considers it 4.00, just like a regular A:yeahright:)
Thanks! and of course ur school has to calculate an A+ like that :(

Shoot I wish I got an A+ counted as 4.33

And that's why 4.0 point scales get no help in the GPA department.

oGPA: 3.45; sGPA: 3.27; bcpGPA: 3.22 [AADSAS Calculated]
DAT: Scheduled for Mid July.
Volunteering: ~700 hrs
Shadowing: 172 hours (all specialities except prosto).
Research: None.
Residence: Michigan
Bilingual [Arabic, English]
42CC credits, 74 4-yr college credits, with about 27 credits for next two semesters.

My parents are very paranoid about me not getting accepted since we're foreign and became refugees here in the US in 2011 (now a permanent resident, so I'm considered "in-state" and no longer international). I had a decent list of 15 schools, but my parents essentially made me apply to every school that they thought I had a shot in. Oh well, hope it pays off right?

Last semester wasn't so hot; got sick, missed one exam, did badly on another, and now will end up re-taking micro.

School List:

University of Michigan
University of Detroit Mercy
Case Western Reserve University
Marquette University
Midwestern University [IL]
Temple University Kornberg
Midwestern University [AZ]
A. T. Still University
Tufts University
University of Tennessee
University of Maryland
LECOM
Roseman University of Health Sciences
Western University of Health Sciences
University of Louisville
Loma Linda University
Herman Ostrow
Howard University
A. T. Still University
University of Nevada
New York University
University at Buffalo
University of Oklahoma
Meharry Medical College
Creighton University
University of New England

I've already applied & submitted first day it opened up [I've been ready to apply for awhile...had everything ready; preppy much?], just want to know my chances given my stats etc.

You did not shadow any general dentists? Only specialists?

I
Major: English and American Literature
Minor: Chemistry
cGPA: 3.906
sGPA: 3.897
DAT: AA 21 (haven't taken but assume that is a minimum score)
Research Experience: Anticipated 200+ hours by time of graduation in genetic research lab. No publications, but will try for one during senior year
Dentistry/Shadowing Experience: 40 hours general dentistry. Currently shadowing an endodontist and oral surgeon. Will have 120+ shadowing hours by the end of the summer
Clinical Experience:
- Alternative Breaks: trip to West Virginia to work on building a hospital, assisting nursing home patients, etc. (~250 hours)
- Currently applying for position at my town's medical center (outside of New York). Assume at least 100+ hours before applying
Extracurricular/Volunteer/Community Service:
- Project OutReach (weeklong volunteer program)
- Residential College Program, special dorm offered through application. Allows students to stay involved in the community through assigned group programs (1.5 years)
- Liberal Studies Student Leader (1 year)
- Move-In Crew (two-day volunteer event)
- Persian Cultural Society (1 year)
- Housing Works (1 semester)
Work Experience:
- Author's Assistant (1 year)
- CAS Student Leader (1 year)
- General Chemistry Private Tutor (1 year)
- Private Piano Instructor (4 years)
Awards, Honors, and Scholarships:
- Dean's List
- Will be listing four other scholarships that I have received
Academic Enrichment Programs: None (is this bad?)
School list: College of Charleston, Howard, Stony Brook, Dugoni, UCSF, UCLA, University of Michigan, Boston, Herman Ostrow, UNC, University of Maryland, Columbia, Harvard, Penn, NYU

I think you should apply next year, these are terrible stats sorry

Sorry! I did shadow dentist, I completely forgot to post it. Will edit it in now. Most of my hours were with general, I think 101.

Loma Linda is a religious school and you'll be needing a LoR from a religious leader. I would replace LLU with USC since they're both in CA, private, and expensive.

Overall: 3.31
Science: 3.17
BCP: 3.25
Highest DAT: 19 AA, 17 PAT
Great LOR, PS, extras, volunteer (400+ hours), shadowing (150+), etc.

I applied to 15 schools. Just waiting on transcripts so my application will be in early. Did my research, mostly private schools.

I have a huge upward trend. I had a 2.4 GPA my freshman year (few C's and D+'s), but from there literally got 3.5-3.8 GPA each semester (wrote about this in PS). Hopefully this will be overlooked on my application. Any feedback would be appreciated. (My science and overall not including freshman year would be a 3.6 and 3.6...)

Major: Nutrition
Overall: 3.79
Science: Not sure but probably 3.7
DAT: 23 AA, 21 PAT, 21 RC, TS 21, nothing under 18
Shadowing: 50
Volunteer: 500

1 year of collagen research, volunteer includes a year of hospital volunteer
Job: worked as a English instructor for 3 summers in a row

State of Residency: Tx

I prefer to stay in Texas because of the cost and I was going to apply to only Texas schools, but I think I should add in a little bit more.
My list got decided mostly depending on the cost of attendance.

School list
1. UTSA
2. A&M Baylor
3. UTH
_________________I don't even know if I should apply to out of state at all bc I'm so scared of the tuition cost._______________________________

4. UMKC
5. Baltimore
6. UIC
7. Dental College of Georgia

I don't know what other schools I should add! Please help!!!

Last edited:
Major: Nutrition
Overall: 3.79
Science: Not sure but probably 3.7
DAT: 23 AA, 21 PAT, 21 RC, TS 21, nothing under 18
Shadowing: 50
Volunteer: 500

1 year of collagen research, volunteer includes a year of hospital volunteer
Job: worked as a English instructor for 3 summers in a row

State of Residency: Tx

I prefer to stay in Texas because of the cost and I was going to apply to only Texas schools, but I think I should add in a little bit more.
My list got decided mostly depending on the cost of attendance.

School list
1. UTSA
2. A&M Baylor
3. UTH
_________________I don't even know if I should apply to out of state at all bc I'm so scared of the tuition cost._______________________________

4. UMKC
5. Baltimore
6. UIC
7. Dental College of Georgia

I don't know what other schools I should add! Please help!!!

Your stats are pretty good. You could apply to UNLV and VCU; those are well priced for OOS schools.

GPA: 3.73 oGPA, 3.74 sGPA
DAT: 19AA, 17TS, 23RC, 21QR, 20PAT, Bio 14 (retaking in 2 weeks)
Shadowing: 80 hrs
Volunteering: Student run dental clinic, and various food bank/random volunteering
Research: Studied spectroscopy for nanoparticle/amide interactions
Work: General and Organic chemistry lab assistant. Orgo Chem Synthesis Intern
Residency: IN

School list: (in order of interest)

Indiana
Ohio State
Michigan
Marquette
Louisville
Kentucky

I'm guessing as long as my DAT retake improves the bio section, I will have no issues. Never hurts to have a second opinion, however.