President Bernie Sanders

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Four more years of Trump will do irreparable damage. Already our institutions are in shambles.

Which institutions?

Supreme Court? Nope, he picked very moderate Justices.

Congress? Well, that is in shambles, but it's the fault of the voters.

Military? Pretty good shape, and for all of his tactical blustering, we aren't in a new war.

Members don't see this ad.

Turned on CNN for 5 minutes, just to hear Biden go crazy left (it's like he's trying to move to Sanders's left) about illegal immigration, sanctuary cities etc.

The democrats haven't learned crap from 2016.

It's amazing.

Compare the speeches of Trump, Sanders, Biden, etc. with speeches from JFK, Teddy Roosevelt, etc.

And here I thought evolution was supposed to move us forward...

Reactions: 1 user
Which institutions?

Supreme Court? Nope, he picked very moderate Justices.

Congress? Well, that is in shambles, but it's the fault of the voters.

Military? Pretty good shape, and for all of his tactical blustering, we aren't in a new war.
Puh-lease! There is nothing moderate about him or his choices.

He picks loyal mediocrities, like any autocrat. Competent experts cannot be blackmailed, hence they tend to have character (and push back). Read that article:

He's trying to destroy the credibility of the press and FBI, and pack justice with his loyalists. Typical autocratic maneuvers (yes, it was Hitler who did the same, infamously).

I would be SHOCKED if we won't have a Putin-/Orban-type autocracy in just 8 more years (probably less). I just hope I'll have the chance to retire and run away before this country turns into a satire of itself.

I grew up under a dictatorship. This is all deja vu for me. For me, it's not a question of IF, just WHEN.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Puh-lease! There is nothing moderate about him or his choices.

He picks loyal mediocrities, like any autocrat. Competent experts cannot be blackmailed, hence they tend to have character (and push back). Read that article:

He's trying to destroy the credibility of the press and FBI, and pack justice with his loyalists. Typical autocratic maneuvers (yes, it was Hitler who did the same, infamously).

I would be SHOCKED if we won't have a Putin-/Orban-type autocracy in just 8 more years (probably less). I just hope I'll have the chance to retire and run away before this country turns into a satire of itself.

I grew up under a dictatorship. This is all deja vu for me. For me, it's not a question of IF, just WHEN.

The Justices he picked are fairly milquetoast. That's how I want my Supreme Court; not a bunch of firebrands with axes to grind. Now, are they as brilliant as, say, Scalia was? Maybe not.

I think we've all more or less accepted the fact that America offered pretty depressing choices during the last election, and is doing so again. My own preference would be for Trump to step down and for someone like Rand Paul to be the Republican nominee. But I think we'll have to just laugh at the American show for the next five years. Forgetting about character, as issues go, I absolutely cannot see myself voting for any of the current Democrats.

Biden vs Trump. Sanders should be dropping out of the race in the next few weeks.

I am very happy that Sanders won’t be around again for President or VP in 2024. This country needs a centrist as President.

I think we can close this thread and someone can’t start a new one called President Biden or Trump vs Biden/Klobuchar

The Justices he picked are fairly milquetoast. That's how I want my Supreme Court; not a bunch of firebrands with axes to grind. Now, are they as brilliant as, say, Scalia was? Maybe not.

Does milquetoast mean hand-picked hardcore right-wingers?

Reactions: 6 users
Biden vs Trump. Sanders should be dropping out of the race in the next few weeks.

I am very happy that Sanders won’t be around again for President or VP in 2024. This country needs a centrist as President.

I think we can close this thread and someone can’t start a new one called President Biden or Trump vs Biden/Klobuchar

Sanders should stay in the race. If not for any reason than to alienate everyone in congress to the point where no one other than the KGB would want to work with him.

Reactions: 1 user
Define "hardcore right-wingers."
Kavanaugh and Gorsuch certainly aren't hardcore right wingers, by any objective measure.

Not that 538 is an unimpeachable authority, but I like to post this graph when people freak out about how horribly right-tilted those two guys are:

atd-SCOTUSREVIEW-3.png

If hardcore winger is an apt label for anyone, it's Sotomayor, RBG, and Thomas.

Trump has appointed a whole lot of other federal judges though. Some of them surely fit the label.

Reactions: 1 users
The odds heavily favor Bernie Sanders getting the nomination at this time and running against Trump. Even if you hate Trump electing Bernie is far worse than Hillary Clinton and his presidency may destroy this field.
Wrong!

Reactions: 1 users

Did you notice "at this time" which meant when I posted. By having everyone drop out of the Dem Presidential race except Biden meant Sanders could no longer divide the centrist vote. I was always aware there are more left of center Democrats than hard core liberals but with the field as it was back then that vote was divided leaving Sanders the clear front runner.

That's how Trump got the nomination. If GOP voters had a choice between just 2 candidates I seriously doubt Trump who have won the nomination.

Did you notice "at this time" which meant when I posted. By having everyone drop out of the Dem Presidential race except Biden meant Sanders could no longer divide the centrist vote. I was always aware there are more left of center Democrats than hard core liberals but with the field as it was back then that vote was divided leaving Sanders the clear front runner.

That's how Trump got the nomination. If GOP voters had a choice between just 2 candidates I seriously doubt Trump who have won the nomination.
I noticed it.