PSYCHOLOGY INTERNSHIP APPIC PHASE 11(2015)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Phone interview invite from Milton Hershey.

Members don't see this ad.

I feel like I talk way to fast in my interviews and think thats what really screwed me over during phase I. :(

Didn't feel too thrilled about the phone interview I just had lol

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats to everyone who has received interviews!

anyone heard from the Denver GSPP or Denver Mental Health yet??

I feel like I talk way to fast in my interviews and think thats what really screwed me over during phase I. :(

Be positive and believe firmly that you did well. It happens to me as well when I'm nervous and I tend to get flustered, but I try to breathe and focus on the questions at hand. Wishing you much success!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
congrats to everyone who has received interviews!

anyone heard from the Denver GSPP or Denver Mental Health yet??

Not yet, very hopeful. GSPP might depend on the track you applied to.

Phone interview invite from Milton Hershey.
I got an email invite. I wonder why they choose to email some and call others. Im reading too much into it and i don't care i'm so exhausted at this point. It's just something interesting to note.

I definitely talk too quickly in my interviews, but I ended up matching. It's good to be conscious of it because I know I definitely caught myself speeding along a few times and stopped myself to consciously slow down. Or you can make a joke of it, like at one site they asked about my negative qualities or something and I was like, "Well, I obviously get overexcited and talk too fast," then gave my real answer. Don't worry about it! Just keep staying aware and slowing yourself down.

I definitely talk too quickly in my interviews, but I ended up matching. It's good to be conscious of it because I know I definitely caught myself speeding along a few times and stopped myself to consciously slow down. Or you can make a joke of it, like at one site they asked about my negative qualities or something and I was like, "Well, I obviously get overexcited and talk too fast," then gave my real answer. Don't worry about it! Just keep staying aware and slowing yourself down.

I do the same. I actually just wrote myself a post-it note that says "pace, breathe" to keep on my computer monitor :)

I got a personal email earlier today from Denver Health Medical Center for phone/Skype interview. I have not done phone or Skype interviews before but I'd think Skype would be better to exchange non-verbal communication? Good luck wishes to all involved in Phase II!

I got an email invite. I wonder why they choose to email some and call others. Im reading too much into it and i don't care i'm so exhausted at this point. It's just something interesting to note.

They did email me. They offered a phone interview. Sorry if that was unclear!

I do the same. I actually just wrote myself a post-it note that says "pace, breathe" to keep on my computer monitor :)

I got a personal email earlier today from Denver Health Medical Center for phone/Skype interview. I have not done phone or Skype interviews before but I'd think Skype would be better to exchange non-verbal communication? Good luck wishes to all involved in Phase II!

Do you mind saying what track? Thanks and good luck!!

Invite for phone interview from Tampa VA received this morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had really expected to here back from most of the places I applied to by today. I wonder how many sites haven't sent out invitations yet? I said it before and I will say again, I wish rejections were mandatory so I would know.

Reactions: 1 users
I had really expected to here back from most of the places I applied to by today. I wonder how many sites haven't sent out invitations yet? I said it before and I will say again, I wish rejections were mandatory so I would know.

Ditto. And given the lack of posts on this thread it's hard gauge exactly what's going on.

is there a deadline by which sites should contact us?

is there a deadline by which sites should contact us?
I have consulted with colleagues who have gone through the dreaded Phase II in previous years and I have unanimously received the response that there was huge variation in when sites responded and whether they received rejection e-mails. It seems like it is the norm to hear from a site up to 36-48 hrs before the ranking deadline and have an interview immediately or the following day (i.e., less than 24 hrs before the ranking deadline). In other words, there appears to be absolutely no rules in how/when the sites will contact us, which I feel incredibly contributes to the stres of this whole process.

I definitely think that it is helpful to post when someone has heard from a site either way. I'm just as excited to check this thread as I am my e-mail at this point.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks Kikabanana!
Has anyone heard from boys town and (LCSSU and SIU)- illinois consortium?

Ditto. And given the lack of posts on this thread it's hard gauge exactly what's going on.
'
I was offered an interview but due to my externship schedule i couldn't do the date that they provided me with so I had an interview on the spot! I also missed a voicemail from a training director today so i'm preparing for an interview just in case when i call her back tomorrow she asks for an interview. This stuff is so quick and it's hard to keep all these sites/info in my head because i pushed a lot of my interview prep aside after Phase I ranking...so it's been a while!

Some of these sites are probably going through practicum applications as well right now. One site told me they were when I asked about opportunity to provide supervision

I have heard (interviews phone/technology) from Carle Foundation Hospital (child track), Stone Mountain Health Services (East Tennessee / Southwest Virginia Psychology Internship Consortium), and Psych & Neuro Services (Manatee Glens consortium).

Still a lot to hear from! Interesting to know some contact so shortly before ranking deadlines!

I have heard from Texas A&M University (phone), VA Western New York Healthcare (email), Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health Hospital (email), Robley Rex VA (phone), and Southern Illinois University (phone). Has any one heard from Memphis VA, Notre Dame, or UK counseling center?

Anyone heard from Brooklyn VA, Rutgers, or Wright State?

I have heard from Texas A&M University (phone), VA Western New York Healthcare (email), Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health Hospital (email), Robley Rex VA (phone), and Southern Illinois University (phone). Has any one heard from Memphis VA, Notre Dame, or UK counseling center?

Was your email from the Buffalo VA (western NY VA) personalized? Guess they really hate me cause I got rejected from there in phase I too +pity+

I'm waiting on Memphis too.

I've been checking this page for a friend, and she received an interview invite to Notre Dame on Tuesday. Congrats on your interviews! Can I ask when you heard from Southern Illinois University?

Also, has anyone heard from the APA accredited sites in CA yet? Thanks for the help!

This waiting is so rough- has anyone heard from:
1. Derner consortium
2. Bk VA
3. Denver VA
4. UMBC
5. SUNY Buffalo
6. St. Elizabeth
7. Astor
8. Tewksbury
9. Eastern Virginia
10. MHA- Westchester County

So far I've only heard from 3 sites- rejection from Andrus and interviews at hampton and Wilmington VAs.

Ok, after following this a bit the last couple days, I'm jumping in...
I have heard from Bath VA, Wilmington VA, Cheyenne VA, Southwest Beh Health Services, and Alexian Bros. I received a rejection from Eastern Virginia Medical School. And an email from DU GSPP that they received my complete application, but no interview (yet?).

When did you receive Eastern Virginia rejection? And was it mass?

Oh please if someone knows anything about the California sites peep up!!!

When did you receive Eastern Virginia rejection? And was it mass?
on Tuesday. it was a mass email. they said they received 87 applications for one spot. So I'm guessing if you didn't get that email, you're still being considered. Good luck!!!!

This waiting is so rough- has anyone heard from:
1. Derner consortium
2. Bk VA
3. Denver VA
4. UMBC
5. SUNY Buffalo
6. St. Elizabeth
7. Astor
8. Tewksbury
9. Eastern Virginia
10. MHA- Westchester County

So far I've only heard from 3 sites- rejection from Andrus and interviews at hampton and Wilmington VAs.

I've heard from MHA Westchester County via email

How have your interviews been? Mine have been "to the point." I wonder what they're looking for? In my interviews it seemed like they were asking a few generic questions and trying to get a "feel" of me as a person. So far I'm guessing that they will continue to be different from Phase I interviews.

How have your interviews been? Mine have been "to the point." I wonder what they're looking for? In my interviews it seemed like they were asking a few generic questions and trying to get a "feel" of me as a person. So far I'm guessing that they will continue to be different from Phase I interviews.

I've only had one but besides it being 4 interviewers to 1 interviewee and over the phone, it was pretty much the same as Phase I. Questions were the same and the whole thing lasted about 45-50 minutes.

Would anyone who already matched be interested in creating the static post that has a running list of sites that have reached out? Having one person is helpful for getting the info out since not everyone wants to share publicly about interviews.

Oh please if someone knows anything about the California sites peep up!!!
I've only heard from California non-accredited sites unfortunately :-\ all of them asked me to come in since I'm in state, so it will be a very busy week next week

Mass e-mail rejection from CAMH and email interview notification from Vancouver Coastal Health. Seems like it's a busy reply day for me :)

I've been checking this page for a friend, and she received an interview invite to Notre Dame on Tuesday. Congrats on your interviews! Can I ask when you heard from Southern Illinois University?

Also, has anyone heard from the APA accredited sites in CA yet? Thanks for the help!
I heard from Southern Illinois University on Monday.

Was your email from the Buffalo VA (western NY VA) personalized? Guess they really hate me cause I got rejected from there in phase I too +pity+

I'm waiting on Memphis too.
It was personal.

I would like to add that I think Girl Scouts secretly planned to deliver their cookies on match day. I think I ended up buying way more than I had planned after seeing "we regret to inform you.."

Anyone hear from Ohio Psych Internship in Akron?

I am wondering w
I've only heard from California non-accredited sites unfortunately :-\ all of them asked me to come in since I'm in state, so it will be a very busy week next week

I am wondering what the expectation is for sites who extend interviews to in state applicants but do not notify them until, what tomorrow or monday?

Would they expect us to come out?

I am wondering w

I am wondering what the expectation is for sites who extend interviews to in state applicants but do not notify them until, what tomorrow or monday?

Would they expect us to come out?
ugh, I sure hope not! I've *heard* that if we don't hear by tomorrow, no interviews will be offered. I don't know if this is actually true, but I heard it from a few people who participated in Match II last year.

ugh, I sure hope not! I've *heard* that if we don't hear by tomorrow, no interviews will be offered. I don't know if this is actually true, but I heard it from a few people who participated in Match II last year.

One of my closest friends got an interview to an site 2 days before ranking, interviewed the next day, ranked, and matched! I think that the majority of sites will let us know by tomorrow, but i will not be surprised if sites email us up until next week. The problem may be finding time for these last minute interviews though.

Last edited:

Don't say that :(

I got an invite last Sunday morning (wellspan).
You never know!!!!

One of my closest friends got an interview to an site 2 days before ranking, interviewed the next day, ranked, and matched! I think that the majority of sites will let us know by tomorrow, but i will not be surprised if sites email us up until next week. The problem may be finding time for these last minute interviews though.

There's been more than one person to say that on this thread. It seems so me that many sites offer interviews to their top 10-15 applicants and in the event they don't feel they have enough strong candidates to rank they will still offer interviews until the very end. It's not worth it to count anyone totally out unless you get sent an official rejection.

General email notifying of phone interviews with Jesse Brown VA (Crown Point position)