Purdue c/o 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gwenevre

Pre-Nursing
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few c/o 2019 pages popping up so I wanted to start this thread for any potential Boilermakers out there!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So excited to be applying finally!! Purdue is my IS so I would love to become a Boilermaker!

Reactions: 1 user
Same here! I applied early last year, got an interview then rejected so beefing up my application for this cycle

Members don't see this ad :)
Bump, looking for more potential Boilermakers!

Oh me me me! Applying OOS. I'm scared but excited at the same time. :)

I'm really nervous too! Where all are you applying to?

UFlorida (IS)
UIllinois
Michigan State
Kansas State
Iowa State
Purdue

Might be applying to Tennessee if I can scrap up the money for the extra school app. :)

UFlorida (IS)
UIllinois
Michigan State
Kansas State
Iowa State
Purdue

Might be applying to Tennessee if I can scrap up the money for the extra school app. :)
Yeah I can't believe how expensive it is to apply! I'm not sure where you've been able to visit but I've seen Purdue and Ullinois' facilities and they're both awesome :)

I've only been able to visit UF and Iowa State. Loved the hospitals at both! I gotta admit that I'm not a large animal person, but Iowa's new large animal hospital almost made me want to change that. I hope I get to see the others during interviews. :xf:

Yeah I can't believe how expensive it is to apply! I'm not sure where you've been able to visit but I've seen Purdue and Ullinois' facilities and they're both awesome :)
Can you tell me a bit about UIllinois? I'm considering it since it is my closest OOS, but I don't know much about the school.

Can you tell me a bit about UIllinois? I'm considering it since it is my closest OOS, but I don't know much about the school.
Sure!

-The vet school was large, about twice the size of Purdue's.
-The vet students told me that UIllinois is especially known for exotic medicine and that they do a lot of exotic rehabilitation. I was able to see an owl that was raised since it was an owling.
-The students do at least 8 weeks of clinic rounds every year (even first year!).
-Overall the facilities were really nice - not sure if they're fairly new or just really well taken care of.

Just curious, have any of you guys tried working on Purdue's course verification form? There's a box at the bottom to provide explanations, but when I save my progress the form is only keeping the first 7 words or so, even though the box is pretty big. Anyone else having this issue? I will plan on emailing admissions if it does the same thing when I try again in a few days.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't looked at the form yet, so no

Just curious, have any of you guys tried working on Purdue's course verification form? There's a box at the bottom to provide explanations, but when I save my progress the form is only keeping the first 7 words or so, even though the box is pretty big. Anyone else having this issue? I will plan on emailing admissions if it does the same thing when I try again in a few days.
No, I didn't have that problem.

I'm thinking of applying but am slightly confused by what they say about the communications requirement. On the FAQ it says that if you have a bachelors degree, it is assumed you have taken a speech class. So even if I won't be taking any kind of communications class, does that mean I can apply and still be considered? I tried emailing the admissions office but they have yet to respond. Does anyone know anything about this, help would be wonderful! Thanks!

Hey caroline! I have emailed admissions about this in the past, and their response was consistent with what shows up on the FAQ page. If you will have a Bachelors by the time you will matriculate, they consider the communications requirement to be satisfied. So I'm not taking a specific communications or speech class since I will have my degree soon. Hope this helps!

That helps a lot thank you! Definitely applying to Purdue then, hope to see you guys there! :)

Yay more boilermakers!

Hi guys! Just wanted to let you know that Kyle Hattenburg, the DVM admissions manager for Purdue, moved to a new job a few weeks ago.

Hi guys! Just wanted to let you know that Kyle Hattenburg, the DVM admissions manager for Purdue, moved to a new job a few weeks ago.
TIL. he was a cool guy, where did he move to, do you know?

TIL. he was a cool guy, where did he move to, do you know?
I am not sure, but I was told that he was offered a fantastic position wherever he did go. I am pretty bummed that he is gone because he was a really helpful guy and was more than happy to answer the millions of monthly questions I had (I go to IU and I don't have much pre-vet support there). It's a shame to see him go!

So I'm going to e-mail admissions and ask, but if I've already sent in my GRE scores last year and nothing's changed, do I have to re-send? Rather not spend the extra 30 bucks.

Submitted the supplemental!

As I hide in the library to avoid histo...I decided to creep on this board. To help make it more active than last year's application cycle =P (yeah, sure..that's the reason...)

Well I've certainly missed seeing your bacon covered kebab face here

And I've noticed that the library is more packed this afternoon than normal

Are you in the vet school library? o_O it would be kinda funny if we were near each other and had no idea, haha. I stopped SDN because I had to train new employees before I left my job for vet school and plus I had an online course to do before I could be admitted for fall :rolleyes: no time to do homework with SDN around lol

I work here, at the front desk =P

Ugh wait! Is there a supplement for purdue?! I thought they just wanted vmcas

Ugh wait! Is there a supplement for purdue?! I thought they just wanted vmcas
There is a supplemental, but it's quite straightforward. If I remember correctly you just have to input your coursework, so there's no essays or anything like that.

There is a supplemental, but it's quite straightforward. If I remember correctly you just have to input your coursework, so there's no essays or anything like that.

Ahh thank you! Do you know if this becomes available to us after we submit vmcas or is it on website now? I haven't seen any supp link on the website yet :/

I've decided kind of last minute to apply to Purdue again! I applied last year and was rejected, but I think my application this year is a lot stronger. :xf: I kept getting paranoid that applying to 4 schools this year wouldn't be enough, so I'm widening my net by one more! 5 is all I can afford! :p

Anyway, how did you all enter AP courses on the course verification form? I think last year I entered them like normal courses, using the semester they are on my transcript (the semester I started undergrad), and then in the explanation box indicated which ones were AP credit. I'm just wondering if there's a better way that they'd prefer.

If I'm not mistaken, it should be here(@Gwenevre could tell you for sure though): http://www.vet.purdue.edu/dvm/index.php
Yes, that's the site for the verification form. It's under "Informaiton for the DVM Class of 2019 Applicants."
Also @Gwenevre, what did you find out regarding if we need to re-send GRE scores?
E-mail admissions at [email protected] to verify they still have your scores from last year. Actually, just call, they're slow to reply to e-mails. Hail Purdue!

I've decided kind of last minute to apply to Purdue again! I applied last year and was rejected, but I think my application this year is a lot stronger. :xf: I kept getting paranoid that applying to 4 schools this year wouldn't be enough, so I'm widening my net by one more! 5 is all I can afford! :p

Anyway, how did you all enter AP courses on the course verification form? I think last year I entered them like normal courses, using the semester they are on my transcript (the semester I started undergrad), and then in the explanation box indicated which ones were AP credit. I'm just wondering if there's a better way that they'd prefer.
I feel like that's probably the best method.

Yes, that's the site for the verification form. It's under "Informaiton for the DVM Class of 2019 Applicants."

E-mail admissions at [email protected] to verify they still have your scores from last year. Actually, just call, they're slow to reply to e-mails. Hail Purdue!

Thanks y'all! Best of luck to you guys!

Does anyone know if there is an additional supplemental application fee? I can't find anything about it on the website but I don't want to miss it if there is one...

There's no additional fee for purdue's supplemental app! :)

I expect to see at least one of your beautiful faces around here next year!!

Reactions: 2 users
Looking at the Purdue pre-reqs again just because but saw they required this 1 credit hour class - Careers in Veterinary Medicine if available. Is it a big deal if it isn't taken because nothing like that was offered where I went to school. Do most people take this with the animal nutrition course if they get into school here?

Looking at the Purdue pre-reqs again just because but saw they required this 1 credit hour class - Careers in Veterinary Medicine if available. Is it a big deal if it isn't taken because nothing like that was offered where I went to school. Do most people take this with the animal nutrition course if they get into school here?
I go to a different public school in Indiana that doesn't offer the course and it's been waived for me so you should be golden.

I go to a different public school in Indiana that doesn't offer the course and it's been waived for me so you should be golden.
Thank you! The longer I just wait to hear back from them the stranger the questions I can come up with.

Actually, just call, they're slow to reply to e-mails. Hail Purdue!
True Story

Application verified and waiting!

Hey so I know I'm being a bit of a gunner on this one, but I'm willing to offer up my apartment for someone on SDN when interviews come around. I'm an undergrad at Purdue now =)

Reactions: 5 users
Hey so I know I'm being a bit of a gunner on this one, but I'm willing to offer up my apartment for someone on SDN when interviews come around. I'm an undergrad at Purdue now =)
You're such a sweetheart :) I was actually worrying about this the other day because my bf is a Purdue undergrad right now but he's graduating in December