Questions for applying DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KoKoOnaJo

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Hello forum..

Long time lurker here,. How do I stack up for DO?

About me: Senior at state university, 3.9c/3.4s , film major bio minor

Extra circular: campus film production and some side hustles. Shadowed my uncle who’s an MD

LOR: meh, my uncle and film teacher

Red flags: non-academic related probation. Just a typical frat boy situation. I’ve grown and matured so much since this happened freshman year …it’s supposed to be cleared from my record in a few months.
-if you google my name (not telling) a look alike (close age and appeance) with the same name was convicted for a felony for an issue remarkable similiar to what I was put on probation for pops up as first few links… The similarities are uncanny. Will admin think it’s me? #sopranos

Career goals: FM cash practice OMM/test therapy/ Botox (money makers) or community Hospitalist.

Want to apply DO Because there’s no way I will get into an MD program.

But in 2022 is there really a difference between md vs do ? Like reallly?

Thank you for your time and attention

Members don't see this ad.

Fine

There will be some residency programs that still won't give you the time of day. But others are having thier doors getting kicked open.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello forum..

Long time lurker here,. How do I stack up for DO?

About me: Senior at state university, 3.9c/3.4s , film major bio minor

Extra circular: campus film production and some side hustles. Shadowed my uncle who’s an MD

LOR: meh, my uncle and film teacher

Red flags: non-academic related probation. Just a typical frat boy situation. I’ve grown and matured so much since this happened freshman year …it’s supposed to be cleared from my record in a few months.
-if you google my name (not telling) a look alike (close age and appeance) with the same name was convicted for a felony for an issue remarkable similiar to what I was put on probation for pops up as first few links… The similarities are uncanny. Will admin think it’s me? #sopranos

Career goals: FM cash practice OMM/test therapy/ Botox (money makers) or community Hospitalist.

Want to apply DO Because there’s no way I will get into an MD program.

Thank you for your time and attention

Looks fine to me, but I’d say you’re going to need a bit of a ’wow’ factor regardless of which schools you apply to. MD and DO schools have similar stats. Your MCAT will also be important. It sounds kinda like this is a “screw it, lemme toss an app” more than “I want to be a doctor.”

I already changed my mind. Being a doctor sounds awful…my main reasons for this choice are below

1.) low pay for the average doc (40/50 hours a week as a pcp to get 120k after everything is taken out)…..
2.) respect for the profesión is disintegrating
3.) insurance companies suck
4.) most patients are idiots, not respectful and ungrateful
5.) nurses , np, pa’s are taking over
6.) sooo many self hating DOs
7.) gonna get sued eventually
8.) USA government can draft me
9.) Med school sounds like 4 years of hell followed by 3 to 7 years of the seventh layer of hell , residency ..
10.) it sounds like medical students and residents get disrespected constantly
11.) paperwork, paperwork, paperwork, documentation, documentation…
12.) destruction of personal life, personal goals, and free time except for the extremely disciplined
13.) draconian drug test
14.) people seem to hate their jobs here..
15.) debt
16.) burnout
17.) Limited ability to change one’s career and focus
18,) extra duties outside of Medicine like mandatory volunteering, education, administration
19.) dealing with arrogant holier than thou Calleagues all day long

Being a premed sucks, being medical student sounds like it sucks, Residency sound even and being an attending sounds even worse..

But I can help people?

People suck.

What should I do with my life?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I already changed my mind. Being a doctor sounds awful…my main reasons for this choice are below

1.) low pay for the average doc (40/50 hours a week as a pcp to get 120k after everything is taken out)…..
9.) Med school sounds like 4 years of hell followed by 3 to 7 years of the seventh layer of hell , residency ..
12.) destruction of personal life, personal goals, and free time except for the extremely disciplined
13.) draconian drug test
15.) debt
16.) burnout
18,) extra duties outside of Medicine like mandatory volunteering, education, administration

Being a premed sucks, being medical student sounds like it sucks, Residency sound even and being an attending sounds even worse..

But I can help people?

People suck.

Not something we can answer lol. Seems like you don't respect this profession either. We're all doing what we can. People suck, but they're redeemable.

Reactions: 2 users

13.) draconian drug test
15.) debt
16.) burnout

But I can help people?

People suck.

If masochism doesn't appeal to you like it does us, I'd recommend looking elsewhere for sure lol

Reactions: 1 users