Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Your school is either filled with good kids or has less strict rules than mine. I would love to have that building!!
Oh, there were some things that happened under our RA's noses. We had two per floor and stuff was still crazy. I'm just wondering if our smoke alarms were crappy now...

Members don't see this ad.

Animal fun fact of the day:
some male animals fertilize the female by simply piercing her body cavity. The sperm swim around until they encounter eggs to fertilize. Occasionally, males pierce other males. The sperm then swim into the victims testes where they wait to be passed on to a female at his next mating.

Reactions: 2 users
some male animals fertilize the female by simply piercing her body cavity. The sperm swim around until they encounter eggs to fertilize. Occasionally, males pierce other males. The sperm then swim into the victims testes where they wait to be passed on to a female at his next mating.
And the male on the receiving end of that is like "God dammit dude! What the hell?!"

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
And the male on the receiving end of that is like "God dammit dude! What the hell?!"

LOL little do they know that they are secretly passing another males genes on and practically screwing their own reproductive success... But hey, they do say that ignorance is bliss! ;)

I need more detail on this, lol. With my minimal knowledge, I don't understand how the sperm could live in the elevated temperature of the thorax (presumably), swim to the testes, and then proceed to pass through the surrounding tissues of the testes and camp out. Either way, not cool man. Not cool.

I need more detail on this, lol. With my minimal knowledge, I don't understand how the sperm could live in the elevated temperature of the thorax (presumably), swim to the testes, and then proceed to pass through the surrounding tissues of the testes and camp out. Either way, not cool man. Not cool.
talking about fish. Their thorax and abdomen are probably not warm enough to kill sperm.

Reactions: 1 users

Bed bugs? Traumatic insemination?

It's fascinating and the perfect place for me to leave this gem, Isabella Rosellini in "SEDUCE ME: Bed Bug."

I think its mostly bugs and/or fish. I think

Yes! Mostly bugs I believe. There is some AMAZING reproductive behavior in the insect world... Even though some are creepy as hell... Some dragon flies give their mates little packages of dead bugs mashed together. The bigger it is, the longer it takes her to eat it, and the longer he has to copulate with her. Ugh! I wish my SO gave me giant meals to eat before... You know.

"In the case of Female Fish #1 and Male Fish #2.... Male Fish...

youarenotthefather[1].jpg

Yes! Mostly bugs I believe. There is some AMAZING reproductive behavior in the insect world... Even though some are creepy as hell... Some dragon flies give their mates little packages of dead bugs mashed together. The bigger it is, the longer it takes her to eat it, and the longer he has to copulate with her. Ugh! I wish my SO gave me giant meals to eat before... You know.
Mine knows better since I'm particularly prone to food comas

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you learned about spermatophores? Delicious.

Apparently a girl I was friends with in high school and part of undergrad got engaged. I saw her picture pop up on my newsfeed on FB and instantly cringed. I hope this poor guy knows what he's getting into.

Some stories of her entertaining and horrifying past as a pathological liar:

Over the first three years of undergrad she invented multiple fake relationships with various OSU sports players and other students. The most detailed lie being that AJ Hawk (now a NFL player) proposed to her, offered her jewelry gifts, still buys her flowers, flew her out to WI to watch him practice, etc. Even her mother was telling people in our hometown that she was dating this guy.

She regularly told (tells?) people that she's friends with Bam Margera and his group and that she "grew up with them" (despite the geographical inconvenience and the near decade difference in ages).

She tells people that she's related to Johnny Cash.

More insidious lies:

When she was pressed by a mutual friend to show evidence of a relationship with one guy, she invented a sexual assault story. (This is where I exited the friendship.)

She was asked to be in a friend's wedding but she didn't like the groom so she told a group of mutual friends that the groom was beating the bride. That poor girl ended up postponing her wedding due to the drama that resulted from that lie and the betrayal of her bridesmaid.

After she was terminated from her campus position with a sports team, she accused the coach and other high up sports management people of sexual harassment. The school investigated and found the claims unsubstantiated and then barred her from working on campus for a few years.

These are just some of the crazy stories around this girl. In high school, I knew she liked to fabricate and exaggerate life events but I felt sorry for her because she came from an unstable home and most of her lies were about being important and being loved. Once we got to college she just let loose the crazy and her stories just spiraled out of control. I'd like to think that she has outgrown whatever emotional and mental problems she had, but I'm very skeptical of that.

I'm sorry I don't understand any of this at all. We have a class of 128 and 2 of each prosection is available, one for the lower and one for the upper lab. They are only available during a few labs (besides the cats, which were always available), and no other time. Most people had to be reminded to look at them as we were so busy dissecting our own animals.

I like never looked at the cat =/

Alright, this took forever to find and learn how to post so it's far enough out of topic I came here rather than the RANT HERE thread but, this is for you @Minnerbelle

Reactions: 2 users
Ok, so in the midst of moving I got hired onto a new job. My birth certificate is buried 15 feet back in the bottom of a 20 foot deep storage unit. The place I thought I put my SS card is empty. I have a 4 year old and a husband whose idea of packing is "throw it into an open box or trash bag and hope it doesn't break. Definitely don't look at what I'm packing." (I literally opened a box of trash and a trash bag full of glass cookware the last move.)

So, how do I get them my proper paperwork? Anybody want to help me dig through a unit for several hours?

Omg I would so buy a unicorn that **** out rainbow ice cream poop and have it at my hospital. I can't hear the audio :(
I don't know how to work the internet on my phone, but you should totally look it up and listen to it. I keep giggling.

Ok, so in the midst of moving I got hired onto a new job. My birth certificate is buried 15 feet back in the bottom of a 20 foot deep storage unit. The place I thought I put my SS card is empty. I have a 4 year old and a husband whose idea of packing is "throw it into an open box or trash bag and hope it doesn't break. Definitely don't look at what I'm packing." (I literally opened a box of trash and a trash bag full of glass cookware the last move.)

So, how do I get them my proper paperwork? Anybody want to help me dig through a unit for several hours?

You should be able to have a birth certificate or ss card re-printed. Will cost money but might be faster.

You should be able to have a birth certificate or ss card re-printed. Will cost money but might be faster.
I'll see how fast/ spend that will be. I'd just update my passport, but I need the exact same paperwork.

It's not too bad. Some typical jumpy stuff. But you get to see Hiddles booty...

The dog dies. Not anything too terrible, but still - knowing it was coming helped.
Thank you for the warning. Though most times I see a dog or cat in a horror movie I start preparing myself for its death.

if it weren't so expensive I would use it

Totes just googled it and found it. I have a buddy obsessive with Jurassic Park and he would definitely buy this. He is not Jewish.

Go to vet advice: the cheapest one

I'm getting a new phone tomorrow and can't decide between the HTC M9, LG G3 or LG Flex 2. Anyone have one of those phones and have any input?
i have the LG G3, i like it. i've never had a smart phone before though, so i have nothing to compare to. its fairly user friendly. features are decent. am able to customize things i care about. its a great alarm clock. serves as an excellent fast google source on the clinic floor. makes phone calls. hmm, why do i have a smart phone again? haha

They are all $1 for upgrade. :p That is most definitely my most important feature.

Awesome! I always go with the cheapest phone, which is generally free because it's as basic as it gets. lol.

They are all $1 for upgrade. :p That is most definitely my most important feature.
idk if this cheapy factor sways at all, but the original screen cover they put on your phone to prevent it from being scratched prior to ownership has lasted 10 months on my phone and is still going very strong as an excellent freebie screen protector. sure, it says charging port and audio jack with arrows to their locations, but its free and protective! (and definitely not supposed to still be on hahaha)

idk if this cheapy factor sways at all, but the original screen cover they put on your phone to prevent it from being scratched prior to ownership has lasted 10 months on my phone and is still going very strong as an excellent freebie screen protector. sure, it says charging port and audio jack with arrows to their locations, but its free and protective! (and definitely not supposed to still be on hahaha)
haha I don't think I could do that. Peeling that thing off is one of my favourite highlights of getting new electronics!

I drop my phone often. I now use the glass screen protector. So the screen protector cracks but the actual phone screen is safe. Just have to peel off the glass screen protector and apply a new one. I currently have a couple of cracks in it, need to buy a new one and replace it.

I drop my phone often. I now use the glass screen protector. So the screen protector cracks but the actual phone screen is safe. Just have to peel off the glass screen protector and apply a new one. I currently have a couple of cracks in it, need to buy a new one and replace it.
lifeproof case. they are guaranteed. and super easy to get replacements for