Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just found this site and it's actually pretty fun. :laugh: http://us.akinator.com/#
You think of a person/character and it asks you questions to figure out who they are. Some of them I'm not sure how it uses that info to get your answer, but so far it's been pretty accurate.

It got Fox Mulder right and that made me happy. :)

Members don't see this ad.

That's an awesome site. It got Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy. For Darcy you could tell it's thought process. After asking if my character was from England it went through Harry Potter, Sherlock Holmes, and Dr. Who questions. It asked "Is your character a Time Lord?" lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhh it got Magic Mike! And Tony Stark. Nuts. I'm obsessed now.

It got Justin Finch-Fletchley from Harry Potter after one wrong guess. I tried to think of the most obscure HP character I could. I'm going to be doing this all night now.

i've always been a t-shirts and simplicity kind of girl too. i see girls in cute clothes with cute shoes and fun hairstyles and i wish that could be me. or that i at least had that option. i am totally clueless when it comes to hair/make up/clothes/shoes! i really need the people who do that for movies to come live with me for a month and teach me!:laugh:

And this ^ is a very minor reason why I love working with livestock/on farms. :laugh: Cows and pigs don't care what you wear. And you'd be stupid to wear anything but jeans/t-shirt. :laugh:

Not gonna lie, I have always thought you were a dude.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

haha really? its funny what we get from just words without any other context! :laugh:

I thought all pre-vetters were female by default? ;)

yeah, this is pretty much always my assumption. and i'm always really surprised when i find out someone is actually a dude haha

I reallly need more adult/grownup/classier clothes. I've always been a jeans and T-shirt girl, and still am. But I see other people wearing these cute, 'I work in a business office' clothes and I want! Maybe if I can get my self unlazy enough to lose 50 lbs, I'll treat myself to $500 in new clothes. :D

That and when I do where skirts/nice pants and blouses(ie, not jeans and a T-shirt), people always ask me why I am soooo dressed up. :confused: Uhhh, that person over there is 'dressed up' too, why don't you go ask her that question and leave me alone!

Same thing when people see me with make-up on.

Because I want to! That's why! Does it really matter?!

I still will prefer jeans/t-shirt, but sometimes I just wanna look cute and sexy, OK?!

:laugh:

Sometime the first week I was here I got back from my internship and wanted to do laundry, so I changed out of my work clothes so I could wash them. "Into a dress?" my housemate asks incredulously.
"Yeah, why not?"
She kind of looked at me like :eyebrow:

Just thought I would share how weird Maddie (one of the dogs in my avatar) is since she likes to let my mom's cat bite her. We have tried to stop her (I'm always afraid that the cat will bite her too hard or scratch her eyes) but she loves being near cats so I've given up. However she won't be able to get bit anymore after July since I'm moving to Missouri and the cat is my mom's and is staying in California :D

[YOUTUBE]fXbl78Z7UQQ[/YOUTUBE]

Members don't see this ad :)
That's cute! I love how she tries to get the cat to bite her again after she stops.

I reallly need more adult/grownup/classier clothes. I've always been a jeans and T-shirt girl, and still am. But I see other people wearing these cute, 'I work in a business office' clothes and I want! Maybe if I can get my self unlazy enough to lose 50 lbs, I'll treat myself to $500 in new clothes. :D

That and when I do where skirts/nice pants and blouses(ie, not jeans and a T-shirt), people always ask me why I am soooo dressed up. :confused: Uhhh, that person over there is 'dressed up' too, why don't you go ask her that question and leave me alone!

Same thing when people see me with make-up on.

Because I want to! That's why! Does it really matter?!

I still will prefer jeans/t-shirt, but sometimes I just wanna look cute and sexy, OK?!

:laugh:

Agreed. I just wish that things would look as good on me as they do other people.

I just found this site and it's actually pretty fun. :laugh: http://us.akinator.com/#
You think of a person/character and it asks you questions to figure out who they are. Some of them I'm not sure how it uses that info to get your answer, but so far it's been pretty accurate.

Guess Booth (Bones) after the second try. The rest it was pretty good at guessing. A little too good. It was kind of creepy.

I can't tell of the guy at work is flirting with me or just wants to talk to me.. :confused:

I'm below average for Germany and am most like someone from Albania. :laugh:

Average for Vietnam, which is like the last country on the list.

Just thought I would share how weird Maddie (one of the dogs in my avatar) is since she likes to let my mom's cat bite her. We have tried to stop her (I'm always afraid that the cat will bite her too hard or scratch her eyes) but she loves being near cats so I've given up. However she won't be able to get bit anymore after July since I'm moving to Missouri and the cat is my mom's and is staying in California :D

This made my day, thanks! :laugh:

It got Fox Mulder right and that made me happy. :)

x-files!

nothing to add, but yay x-files! just spend the past two weeks basically only watching x-files when I had free tv-watching time because I used a hulu plus free trial to access all the episodes on there.

Pssst. If you have x-box or wii or whatnot, you can get Netflix on your tv :p $8 a month for alllll the shows/movies you want. :D X-Files is on there right now. I've been watching it too.

I've always pictured in my mind the dogs in your avatar being like 20-25+ lb terrier/hound-types. I'm guessing not though, because otherwise that would be one big cat!

Super cute set of animals!

It got the dancing mushrooms from Fantasia right too... Have to admit, I wasn't expecting it to.
LOL. It got Vanyel right, too (eventually). Also Ramoth and Temeraire, but Shalkan defeated it. Now I need to think of more obscure characters for it to guess...

Does it usually take a while for it to guess after the 20 questions are up? I think mine might have frozen. :laugh: I felt like it was no where near my character though. I used Veralidaine Sarasri from Wild Magic series.

It got done with the 20 questions, and said 'I think of...' and then nothing. I shall try again. :smuggrin:

E: Did the same thing second time around. *sigh* My computer won't let me play!!

Does it usually take a while for it to guess after the 20 questions are up? I think mine might have frozen. :laugh: I felt like it was no where near my character though. I used Veralidaine Sarasri from Wild Magic series.

It got done with the 20 questions, and said 'I think of...' and then nothing. I shall try again. :smuggrin:

E: Did the same thing second time around. *sigh* My computer won't let me play!!
It got Alanna after one wrong try. :)

Sometimes it took a little bit for me, but it hasn't actually frozen. Sorry it's keeping the fun from you. :(

I've always pictured in my mind the dogs in your avatar being like 20-25+ lb terrier/hound-types. I'm guessing not though, because otherwise that would be one big cat!

Super cute set of animals!

yeah they are 5 and 8 lbs and some type of chihuahua mixes (not sure what they are mixed with though). The cat is fat but not that fat (she's only like 9-10 lbs) :laugh:

You must have had the wrong questions. It got it right the first guess.

It got Alanna after one wrong try. :)

Sometimes it took a little bit for me, but it hasn't actually frozen. Sorry it's keeping the fun from you. :(

It got Alanna, Numair, and Daine. It's kind of creeping me out.

It missed Larry Paul from Ally McBeal for me.

It missed Kait Galweigh from the Secret Texts by Holly Lisle so many times that it asked me to add her.

The Biscuit was always my favorite. I still hear this song in my head sometimes...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1-9vw8cUi8[/youtube]

Hahaha yes! I do too. I love that he was on the show not once, but twice! (unless I missed a third time?).

SOV, it's all on Netflix and is only 5 seasons, though I will admit I was a bit bored with the show by the time I got to the last 2 seasons. RDJ certainly helped with that :) Bon Jovi didn't.