RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The one thing I will do that is passive-aggressive and obnoxious? If you're tailgating me with your brights on, I will slow down and you will have the pleasure of going the speed limit as long as you're stuck behind me and feel like being an asshat. If it's 25, you're not going to see 26 until you back off and behave yourself. :smuggrin:

Been there, done that. I commuted 1 hr one way on Rt. 95 for 5 days out of the week this past summer. Let's just say I had quite a few close calls - with SUVs, tractor trailers, and other large semi trucks. And all the while, I am not a slow driver either... :cool:

I do that too! :oops: On small back roads though...I won't do it on a highway. I had a lady once try to pass me at least 6 times on a double yellow on a road where it was 35mph. She literally rode on the opposite side of the ride for a solid minute each time..trying to get the courage to pass. Never did. Haha. Silly NJ drivers...

Members don't see this ad.

My boyfriend is being a gigantic turd about UK visa issues. *tears hair out*

Members don't see this ad :)
It really irks me when people argue with you about yourself. This kid tried to tell me we were in the same organic 2 class. I said no and he said yes. Then he was like, "but you aren't in the lab. You need that." umm no... I then had to convince him that I don't. Then he said that I could take just one more class and have a bio emphasis in chem eng. He wouldn't believe that it's not that simple until I explained it all to him. He went on to then question why I didn't get a bio minor. I said, "Because it doesn't matter and no one's going to give a crap if I have a minor in bio when I'm a vet." He then questioned me again. I wanted to slap him.

I have a beautiful crescent shaped gash surrounded by a lump on my forehead. Kennels shouldn't have such pointy corners! :mad:
At least I looked in the mirror to see that my bandage was soaked through with blood before I walked into an exam room - made my coworker do that check in instead while I stuck a bag of peas on my face.
Then, restraining a dog during a nail trim, managed to get a long nail directly in the mouth. Yum.
I keep being told I need a bubble suit at work haha. I'm not thattt bad, am I?

I have a beautiful crescent shaped gash surrounded by a lump on my forehead. Kennels shouldn't have such pointy corners! :mad:
At least I looked in the mirror to see that my bandage was soaked through with blood before I walked into an exam room - made my coworker do that check in instead while I stuck a bag of peas on my face.
Then, restraining a dog during a nail trim, managed to get a long nail directly in the mouth. Yum.
I keep being told I need a bubble suit at work haha. I'm not thattt bad, am I?

Ekk today was just one of those days. The tech I started the morning off with today had a crazy cat flip around and claw her eye during a jug draw. This happed minutes after telling me her week was going terrible. I felt so bad for her, I wish there was something I could have done. she will prolly have to get sutures. :(

So this is going to be a long rant, but it's REALLY driving me nuts.

I have a dog. I have had said dog for two years. Said dog, Cassius, is a 65 lb socially inept Boxer. And when I say socially inept, I meant that anything larger than him he starts a fight with because he doesn't initiate play with a play bow and immediately goes into extremely rough play; anything smaller than him he paws at and tries to pounce on. So we tend to keep to ourselves and my parents' dogs at home, who we know he gets along with.

I also have a roommate. Said roommate has an on-again, off-again boyfriend from high school. Boyfriend also has a dog. This dog, Buckeye, is a 6 month old mixed breed puppy who is poorly behaved and probably weighs about 10 lbs, maximum.

So my roommate and her boyfriend REALLY wanted our dogs to be friends. I knew it wouldn't work out but because they wouldn't stop talking about it, I finally let him bring the dog over to see what would happen. As I expected, Cassius did his over-excited Boxer thing, Buckeye was terrified, and both dogs were super stressed out. So I asked him to take his dog home.

Just a couple days ago, I woke up at about 9am. I opened the door to let Cassius out of the room like he always does, and I headed for the bathroom. I was just about to shut the door when I heard horrible screeching and yelping from the kitchen. I passed my roommate's room on the way there to see her and her boyfriend just chilling in there on her bed, and when I got to the kitchen Cassius had Buckeye cornered and was pawing at him. He was just trying to play and Buckeye wasn't hurt but he was TERRIFIED. So finally boyfriend came running out and I was pulling Cassius away from the puppy by his scruff (he doesn't wear a collar in the house) and the boyfriend just stood there. Finally I was like "BOYFRIEND, could you PLEASE pick your dog up?" So he did and I got Cassius back into the bedroom with my girlfriend. I went to the bathroom, and when I came out, they STILL were letting the puppy run all over the house!! While my poor dog couldn't eat his breakfast or go potty because a dog was here that wasn't supposed to be here anyway! Not to mention that they weren't paying ANY attention to him and he's not fully potty trained. Any decent human being, first of all, wouldn't have let the dog out of their sight in the first place, and second of all, would have at least taken him in their room and shut the door once they saw my dog was awake. But whatever. He went home, my dog got to eat and potty, it was fine.

THEN, today, roommate was like *sigh* "Boyfriend wants to come over and use the internet but he doesn't want to leave Buckeye home alone." I was like "It's fine if he brings Buckeye over, just keep him in your room with the door shut." So Boyfriend knocks on the door, I take a hold of Cassius, and he just comes strolling in with the dog on the leash. I was struggling to hold Cassius so I was like "Boyfriend, will you please pick Buckeye up?" He took his time in doing so, but he did, and took the dog into his room.

Buckeye immediately proceeded to start crying and whining. This drove Cassius nuts but he just laid outside roommate's door. Roommate came out of her room several times, taking back a couple of Cassius' toys to try and quiet Buckeye. He eventually took to scratching the door, and as far as I could hear they didn't even reprimand him for it. Um...if the door is all scratched up that's coming out of the security deposit-and it sure as hell won't be out of my half, I'll tell you that.

So finally I heard her door open, and Buckeye ran out and right up to Cassius. He was just about to pounce and I grabbed him and pushed Buckeye away. Roommate was like "Can't we just see if they will play?" and I was like "We've tried to see if they'll play before and Buckeye just ends up scared and Cassius just ends up stressed. And I don't want Buckeye to get hurt." Roommate was like "But he's crying and scratching the door and Boyfriend doesn't care if he gets hurt." And I was like "Well that's great but I DO care." I proceeded to lead my dog to his crate, pointedly telling him it wasn't his fault, and Roommate was like "No, nevermind, we'll just keep him in my room." And took him back in.

Cassius started to relax in his crate so I let him take a nap in there, but when I let him back out he immediately ran to Roommate's bedroom door and was trying to push it open so I just brought him into my room and shut the door. He's now peacefully sleeping on the floor and I'm ranting on SDN.

I mean, really? Your boyfriend wants to come over and use our Internet (WHICH, by the way, is paid for by my father for OUR use, not your boyfriend and everyone else on the planet), and wants to bring his little dog over that my dog is too big to play with. I lay down a compromise so that he can bring the dog, and now I'M locked in my bedroom with my dog??? Is this some kind of joke?

:boom:

That sucks EllieGirl. Luckily I have not had to deal with a roommate and dog situation (unless you count my parents, but they love my new dog, even if they won't admit it).
I can sympathize though, as I often take my little guy to the local dog park. There are a plethora of just ignorant and annoying owners there... of course, there are a lot of great ones too that I enjoy.
But, I am sorry, dogs hump for a reason, and sort themselves out when one starts to hump another. No need for you to get offended and yell at me for it. I am not going to be following my dog around the large park making sure he does not mount anything. It happens, and your dog will tell him off so just let them figure it out. Anyway, I digress.
There was also an owner of two Dobies who scolded his dog EVERY TIME it went up to a dog who was lying down on its back (as many will do). I was one scolding away from asking him his reasoning for correcting this perfectly normal behavior when he took his dogs away (the other was leashed and muzzled, never let off leash in the park... just not cool). I have not seen him since. Sometimes I wonder about people.

That sucks EllieGirl. Luckily I have not had to deal with a roommate and dog situation (unless you count my parents, but they love my new dog, even if they won't admit it).
I can sympathize though, as I often take my little guy to the local dog park. There are a plethora of just ignorant and annoying owners there... of course, there are a lot of great ones too that I enjoy.
But, I am sorry, dogs hump for a reason, and sort themselves out when one starts to hump another. No need for you to get offended and yell at me for it. I am not going to be following my dog around the large park making sure he does not mount anything. It happens, and your dog will tell him off so just let them figure it out. Anyway, I digress.
There was also an owner of two Dobies who scolded his dog EVERY TIME it went up to a dog who was lying down on its back (as many will do). I was one scolding away from asking him his reasoning for correcting this perfectly normal behavior when he took his dogs away (the other was leashed and muzzled, never let off leash in the park... just not cool). I have not seen him since. Sometimes I wonder about people.

Actually mounting another dog is very rude in dog behavior and should be discouraged... some dogs' way of "telling off" your dog could land him in the ER especially since he is so small.

Even if my dog was dog-friendly (he's not) I would not bring him to a dog park because there is no way of knowing what other dogs will show up and if they are friendly or healthy. Much better to play in small groups with people you know.

I really have to agree with Bunnity. My dog wouldn't ever "tell off" another dog even when she's annoyed by something and humping dogs are annoying. Also, I think it's fine if the guy brought his dog to the park leashed and muzzled - the dog can gradually and safely be introduced to the situation without a gigantic risk.

I feel like poop. I got hit hard with some nasty sinus-like pressure in my head and ears on Saturday night, barely got out of bed on Sunday, worked half a day yesterday before going to the doctor because of my fever, insatiable need for sleep, cough, headache, body aches, sore throat, etc. Went to urgent care where I had to listen to some lady who sounded like she probably needed to be in the ER hack up a lung, struggle to breathe, and have conversations about random stuff with people who weren't interested in talking to her. I also noticed that 90% of the population doesn't understand that when wearing a mask to prevent the spread of respiratory illness, the mask needs to cover the mouth AND the nose. So anyway, after an hour and a half of waiting, I got to sit in a really bright exam room and wait some more. I saw the physician's assistant, who I actually really like, and we went through my history and whatnot. She told me I have the flu, a secondary sinus infection, and strep throat. She also told me that if I don't use my rescue inhaler as a normal inhaler, I could be in the ER in the next couple of days. AWESOME. I'm now on a ton of meds, have been drinking powerade zero like it's going out of style, and am really hoping that I can go back to work tomorrow. I feel super bad because I just started at this clinic and I hope they don't hate me.

On the bright side...one of my friends is super amazing and has been checking on me every few hours and sending me cute and funny videos to make me feel better. Love him.

I really have to agree with Bunnity. My dog wouldn't ever "tell off" another dog even when she's annoyed by something and humping dogs are annoying. Also, I think it's fine if the guy brought his dog to the park leashed and muzzled - the dog can gradually and safely be introduced to the situation without a gigantic risk.

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to come off as an ignorant owner myself. Basically, it was not so much as to what they people were correcting, it was how they were correcting, especially in the case of the Dobie's owner. I am no dog trainer (my dog is proof of that...) but neither owner handled the situations in a great manner in my eyes. I took my frustrations out too quickly.
Dog parks can be scary yes, but I am actually a strong advocate for them, my dog is extremely high energy and does not have a lot of "close" friends. Rather has a few friends at the park, regulars that go enough to know him.
Anyway, I do agree that humping is not polite and some dogs (mine included) get angry when others do it to him. He does not do it all the time, just once in a while, despite my best efforts to correct it. He is not allowed to hump everything in site... he just sneaks in a few at the park when I am not looking, and then am screamed at by another owner...
No hard feelings, and sorry for my rant :oops:

General note: If you have to qualify your upcoming statement with "not to be offensive, but..." whatever you're about to say is going to be offensive. And maybe you should just keep your mouth shut.

*snarl* I hate people some days.

Also, I had a dog owner ask me "but does he have to be sedated for that? he doesn't feel pain!" while going over an estimate for removing a lump from the base of his dog's ear. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just had to put in my rant. I'm on a waitlist, and I hate being in limbo. There are so many uncertainties hinging on one thing: Do I plant my garden? Do I sign up for classes this summer? Do I pack up stuff in anticipation of moving and get the house ready to sell? etc., etc. :confused::confused::confused:

It sucks because it's hard to plan when you are hoping that everything will change with one email.

General note: If you have to qualify your upcoming statement with "not to be offensive, but..." whatever you're about to say is going to be offensive. And maybe you should just keep your mouth shut.

*snarl* I hate people some days.

Also, I had a dog owner ask me "but does he have to be sedated for that? he doesn't feel pain!" while going over an estimate for removing a lump from the base of his dog's ear. :rolleyes:

I hate when people try and decline pain medication because they say "oh he never shows any pain!"

And I don't know if you were referring to anything on this thread, but I definitely did not mean to offend anyone! Sorry if I did...
But you said general note, so its probably not me... just didn't want to upset anyone!

I hate when people try and decline pain medication because they say "oh he never shows any pain!"

And I don't know if you were referring to anything on this thread, but I definitely did not mean to offend anyone! Sorry if I did...
But you said general note, so its probably not me... just didn't want to upset anyone!

Oh my goodness that was totally not directed at you. Someone in some whole other facet of my life pulled one of the "no offense but" things on me today and I nearly punched her in the face.

I might be slightly tetchy. You know. Just a little. (Being waitlisted sucks.)

Oh my goodness that was totally not directed at you. Someone in some whole other facet of my life pulled one of the "no offense but" things on me today and I nearly punched her in the face.

I might be slightly tetchy. You know. Just a little. (Being waitlisted sucks.)

Okay just checking, I never know how my tone and stuff comes across here! I promise, I like everyone ...
and who are you waiting on yet? I know you are in at Edinburgh, no? I am not going to push it or anything... but... there's a castle and all ;) JUST SAYIN!
Waiting sucks!

Okay just checking, I never know how my tone and stuff comes across here! I promise, I like everyone ...
and who are you waiting on yet? I know you are in at Edinburgh, no? I am not going to push it or anything... but... there's a castle and all ;) JUST SAYIN!
Waiting sucks!

Lol, "tone" on the internet is so hard!

I'm waiting on Purdue and Tufts - waitlisted at both. Obvi Edinburgh would be lovely, but the logistics and problems with leaving the country are mindboggling. I have a horse and 4 cats and a boyfriend, and while HE can figure it out for himself, obviously not having to leave my horse behind and either take or leave the cats would be much easier! :laugh: Not that I'm not happy for people who have come off the waitlists, but it is SO hard to watch it happen for other people and not feel like someone is stabbing me in the chest at the same time.

ARGHHHH biochemistry!!!!
the worst part is it isn't over after this semester because it will magically reappear in vet school :( :( :(

Since I have a sneaking suspicion we go to the same school... Which one are you in?

I took the 2000 concepts level and it was awfffffful. Of course, my room mate is a biochem major, so she complained about their 6 credit lab all last semester.

concepts w/ dr. chen.
currently doing glycolyisis/gluconeogenesis/TCA/electron transport/etc.
i just don't quite grasp whats going on. the biology makes sense, the chemisty and physics make me roll my eyes and want to leave haha.

concepts w/ dr. chen.
currently doing glycolyisis/gluconeogenesis/TCA/electron transport/etc.
i just don't quite grasp whats going on. the biology makes sense, the chemisty and physics make me roll my eyes and want to leave haha.

haha, yup. that's who I had! good luck! i'm not sure I ever quite understood it.

haha thanks. Q1 made us hopeful, the beating that ensued starting with the first test... just hoping to remain w/ class average haha.
do you remember what the class curve ended up being? fairly consistently now, 80+ is an A

haha thanks. Q1 made us hopeful, the beating that ensued starting with the first test... just hoping to remain w/ class average haha.
do you remember what the class curve ended up being? fairly consistently now, 80+ is an A

I think that's what it was when I took it as well (I took it awhile ago in spring of sophomore year, which probably wasn't the best idea), but I remember it changed a bit after the final, and a couple people (inlcuding me!) got bumped up :)

It's not even noon and already today has been pretty awful.
Found out all the schools I'm waitlisted at (all 5 of them) are pretty much full. This is absolutely heartbreaking because I was really hoping to be pulled from one of them. I've been pretty positive but today was my breaking point :(
I don't really have a "plan B" once I graduate, which is really stressing me out. And I just got into a huge fight with my mom.
End rant.

It's not even noon and already today has been pretty awful.
Found out all the schools I'm waitlisted at (all 5 of them) are pretty much full. This is absolutely heartbreaking because I was really hoping to be pulled from one of them. I've been pretty positive but today was my breaking point :(
I don't really have a "plan B" once I graduate, which is really stressing me out. And I just got into a huge fight with my mom.
End rant.

*hugs* totally know how you feel RE waitlists not moving.

So I walk to the mailbox today and I get a priority mail envelope from the State Department. I think, "Cool, its my passport." I open it up to find one sheet of paper. My mind goes to "Crap, they probably need something else or are behind or what not." I read the paper - the gist of it goes like this: "The cargo plane your application was on went down. We do not know what information will be recovered or what information is viable. Do not reapply or send repayment at this time. We will let you know when we know more. Please expect at the very minimum a long delay in your passport."

WTF!!! - Thankfully I don't need my passport til next summer (and I hope everyone on the plane was okay) but SERIOUSLY?!?!?! Not only is my original birth certificate now missing but its missing with my SS#, my drivers licensee info, my photo, my parents information and possibly a check with my husbands and I's bank account information and my signature. -> That is like the best gift you could ever give an identity thief.
And if they don't get it back, I get to go through the pain of getting a birth certificate (which is especially difficult as I'm in school in Kansas and was born in Pennsylvania), but then I get to give them more money.

I just want to complain about all the people bragging about ALLL the schools they got into when we are sitting in class. i know you are excited, and i am happy for you but do you seriously have to rub in the fact that you are better student just because you got in and i got wait listed at 4 different schools. Please SHUT THE HELL UP until we are out of class, you will see the people you are bragging to when class is over too. :(

I just want to complain about all the people bragging about ALLL the schools they got into when we are sitting in class. i know you are excited, and i am happy for you but do you seriously have to rub in the fact that you are better student just because you got in and i got wait listed at 4 different schools. Please SHUT THE HELL UP until we are out of class, you will see the people you are bragging to when class is over too. :(

I second this. Someone told me "you're the only one I know that hasn't got into a school"
Hm. Thanks.

I second this. Someone told me "you're the only one I know that hasn't got into a school"
Hm. Thanks.

Take solace in knowing that whoever said that is a COMPLETE turd. That likely won't change. You may be waitlisted, but you aren't a turd. :)

Jesskb, that is NUTS. I wasn't aware that happened. Wow. I do have to pause and hope that whoever was flying that plane is okay...

I don't mind songs being stuck in my head, but it's annoying when I'm trying to study. Especially when they're a bit strange for me. And I must say... 'Rude Boy' by Rihanna is a bit strange. Who knows where that came from.

what really gets me is when the teacher announces a 77 average on our last test (not good for this class) and the girl behind you announces that she got an A. Some classes I don't mind. But when everyone is saying how bad they did and you come in and are disappointed with your A, it makes me want to hit you in the face. The same people in our class do it with every test in every class. It got old real fast.

I felt that way too. EVERYONE knew I was waitlisted and still talked about getting in. It was like salt in the wound, So now I don't talk about it in my classes because I don't want to rub salt in the wounds of those that didn't make it at all. That waitlist is a curse!

what really gets me is when the teacher announces a 77 average on our last test (not good for this class) and the girl behind you announces that she got an A. Some classes I don't mind. But when everyone is saying how bad they did and you come in and are disappointed with your A, it makes me want to hit you in the face. The same people in our class do it with every test in every class. It got old real fast.

EWWW, I know what you mean....there are 3 girls that sit behind me that always talk like they are better than everyone. they say things like, "OH darn I missed one because I changed my answer back after I changed it, haha" Scr*w you guys!

Don't worry, there's some of those in every class. And they (probably) won't change no matter how bad the test was or if everyone else in the class is relieved with their C or whatever. Oh, and what's worse is when they are sooo worried about their grade (re: not getting an A) that they're like "OMG I'm so nervous!" before every exam.

I've found tuning them out to be helpful.

Ugh, I know exactly how you feel. I hate when people pull that BS. I avoid doing this by sharing my accomplishments with my best friend and SO, neither of which are in any of my classes, so I know they won't be offended.
Argh, some people need to realize that not everyone is a frickin' genius like they are!:mad:

Also, there is a bird outside my window that starts squawking at 6am. I am very tempted to stick my head out the window and scream at it, but I know that won't go anywhere and I would just look like an idiot. Poop. Maybe it's Squibs in her chicken suit!?

I hate job hunting. Between that, exams and waiting on my AVC interview, I feel like my entire life consists of waiting to be judged on things. :(

Also trying to think of how to break the news to Dad that I won't be home for summer this year. I just want to stay in the city. There's more jobs here, I have the apartment all summer whether I'm living here or not (and I don't trust subletters as far as I can throw them).

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELZQ-Z6lASI&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]
The license plant on the police car looks like a NJ plate. Jeez
If he can flash his lights, why can't I??!!?!?!? hehe.

Last edited:
Told Dad I was looking for work in the city for the summer. He's now moping and I feel like a horrible child.

Then I got a note under my door from my landlord. "We regret to inform you we are unable to renew your lease as of August 31. You may vacate or relocate within the building." I have no idea why. I don't particularly like this apartment, but I'm getting tired of moving and I was hoping to avoid it. No such luck. Of course, I only got the note as the office was closing, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to see what my options are.

So, one of my best friends who happens to be one of my roommates here at school is pre-med. At my school, if you want to apply to med school, they make you do a fake pre-med interview the year before you apply and write a reccomendation on your behalf. Her's was today, and she's really upset because they told her she seemed uncaring and not passionate about medicine. Which is completely untrue.

To make it worse, her rotten ex-boyfriend with a 4.0 got in this cycle to every top 10 med school he applied to and doesn't care about people at all and always says he's going into it for the money (and he's asian).

I hate it when people make my friends sad!

...And I don't want to do laundry.

Got into my first ever car accident and am now attempting to deal with my first ever insurance claim. I've got almost 2K worth of damage. This blows. This year seriously cannot get much worse, and its not even half over yet.

If bad things come in threes, I'm really screwed, because I'm at #5.

I made this very yummy cream cheese and hot pepper jelly dip. I am enjoying in the living room with my dog sleeping on the couch next to me.
Well, I get up to use the restroom, and when I come back my dog is nose-deep in the dip (he never does this - really). I yell and go to pull him out of it and he bits me. WTF!

He was a rescue and has had biting issues but has been good for the past year or so. Ugh!!!

I made this very yummy cream cheese and hot pepper jelly dip. I am enjoying in the living room with my dog sleeping on the couch next to me.
Well, I get up to use the restroom, and when I come back my dog is nose-deep in the dip (he never does this - really). I yell and go to pull him out of it and he bits me. WTF!

He was a rescue and has had biting issues but has been good for the past year or so. Ugh!!!

That sucks, my dog resource guards too and it is really scary. I had the book "Mine" recommended to me by a lot of people FWIW (of course I'm a lazy vet student and didn't get it yet).

That sucks, my dog resource guards too and it is really scary. I had the book "Mine" recommended to me by a lot of people FWIW (of course I'm a lazy vet student and didn't get it yet).

Excellent book! Also, may want to not do that again in the future unless you've got the problem under control ;)

My rant: my thesis adviser has yet to give me back my thesis with her comments. It's due on Wednesday. My two second readers haven't seen it yet. FML.

drug of choice tonight: Delsym. I was really trying to make it through the night without needing something for this cough, but it is not going to happen.

I am getting really sick of being sick. I have been alternating between Delsym, NyQuil, and my prescribed Vicodin cough syrup trying not to get addicted to Vicodin. Of course my husband tells me there is no way I will stay addicted because my insurance has run out and there is no way we can afford it out of pocket.

I think my biggest problem is allergies, but the the off brand is not cutting it and I got Allerga and apparently I am in less than 2% of people who have TERRIBLE side effects. It involved a lot of time in the bathroom and almost a trip to the ER. and no I did not drink juice with it. I didn't read the label until after I got sick from it, but I hadn't had juice for about a day when I took it. I do not recommend Allerga. Any recommendations for a more gentle yet effective allergy medicine?

Good news for the day: We found an apartment at near Purdue today! Very excited about lots of space and even though it is slightly higher rent than we hoped for we can swing it. I am just happy to only be moving in with the in-laws for 2.5 months. It sounds much better than indefinitely. Hoping for July 20th to come quickly!

So, one of my best friends who happens to be one of my roommates here at school is pre-med. At my school, if you want to apply to med school, they make you do a fake pre-med interview the year before you apply and write a reccomendation on your behalf. Her's was today, and she's really upset because they told her she seemed uncaring and not passionate about medicine. Which is completely untrue.

To make it worse, her rotten ex-boyfriend with a 4.0 got in this cycle to every top 10 med school he applied to and doesn't care about people at all and always says he's going into it for the money (and he's asian).

I hate it when people make my friends sad!

...And I don't want to do laundry.

*SO* glad we don't have to do that for pre-vet. On the other hand, it might be nice having pre-vet advisors who knew what they were talking about (although honestly the actual vet schools are the best people for advising)

i hate laundry too.

*SO* glad we don't have to do that for pre-vet. On the other hand, it might be nice having pre-vet advisors who knew what they were talking about (although honestly the actual vet schools are the best people for advising)

i hate laundry too.

I hear ya on the pre-vet advisors not knowing what they are talking about. My husband's advisor told him there was no lab for Micro and he did not need a lab for his pre-reqs. I looked it up over and over and kept telling him to go back to her and ask because I knew he had to take a lab. She even told him a lab did not exist for that class and that is how she knew he didn't need it. She repeatedly advised him incorrectly and did not change her answer until he went to a meeting with a guest speaker and she set the advisor straight. :idea: Then she realized that he did need the lab it just was not offered the same semester he took lecture. It really through off his schedule.

Dear Monday, Please die in a fire. Love, Me.

Last week was an epic disaster. Lots of really depressing cases and dead animals. This week was supposed to be better. So far, no go. :(

Had to let my golden boy go today. Shadow would have been 14 on June 14th but the past few days he couldn't keep anything (even water) down. He was really weak and sick so my parents took him to the vet to be euthanized about an hour ago. I'm away at school but I got to see him this past weekend and spent a lot of time with him. I was hoping he'd be ok until I got back in 2 weeks but it was not to be. Been crying on and off all day. I just can't believe he's gone. I'm glad that he's not suffering anymore but I'll miss him really badly. We got him right before we moved into our current house when I was in 5th grade. We've never lived in that house without him. Going back there after graduation and seeing his empty corner is really going to hurt. :cry:
I'm glad he got to see the spring come. He loved to lie in the sun.