Rejected, Accepted, Waitlisted: The R.A.W. Data Fall 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

This thread is to keep lively and healthy our obsessions, curiosities, and heightened but needless anxieties about our own wishes to save the world and our perceived expectations that others may be "better" at it. So, as is tradition:

UGPA:
Major/Minor:
GradGPA (if applicable):
Grad Studies (if applicable):
GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable):
Experience/Research (please, be brief):

***Please include the following whenever possible: specific concentration/track, dates, type of correspondence (phone, email, letter, etc.), scholarships/grants. Judging by last year's thread, yes we are this obsessive and neurotic.***

Applied:
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

***Finally, if you have accepted an offer and plan to matriculate to a particular school/program, I encourage you to start a thread (e.g., Johns Hopkins Fall 2013). Please avoid writing "Class of 2015" or the like. Some programs within a school are less (or more) than the traditional 2 years. So, to keep it open to everyone attending the same school, it may be best to label the thread based on when you are entering rather than the year you are graduating.***

Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, finally submitted everything!!

UGPA: 3.54 from top 3 public school
Major/Minor: psychology
GradGPA (if applicable): N/A
Grad Studies (if applicable): grad class in global public health
GRE (including date taken): Q158 (74%) V164 (93%) W5.0 (92%) - Oct. 2012
Experience/Research (please, be brief): conducted cognitive psych research as an undergrad, two year internship at a psychiatric treatment program, volunteered as a tutor throughout undergrad, currently interning for a global mental health NGO and working in research at a large well-known public health institute in psychosocial epi.

***Please include the following whenever possible: specific concentration/track, dates, type of correspondence (phone, email, letter, etc.), scholarships/grants. Judging by last year's thread, yes we are this obsessive and neurotic.***

I e-submitted everything on September 24th and it was verified on October 17th - just got the email saying it will all be mailed out at the next mailing, which from previous threads I believe is this Friday. Woo!

Applied: GW (Health Promotion), Yale (SBS/CDE), BU (SBS), and Pitt (Epi - specifically, psychiatric epi)
Accepted: Pittsburgh (CBH) - 12/3, GW (Health Promotion) - 12/21
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

Last edited:
Ah, finally submitted everything!!

UGPA: 3.54 from top 3 public school
Major/Minor: psychology
GradGPA (if applicable): N/A
Grad Studies (if applicable): grad class in global public health
GRE (including date taken): Q158 (74%) V164 (93%) W5.0 (92%) - Oct. 2012
Experience/Research (please, be brief): conducted cognitive psych research as an undergrad, two year internship at a psychiatric treatment program, volunteered as a tutor throughout undergrad, currently interning for a global mental health NGO and working in research at a large well-known public health institute in psychosocial epi.

I e-submitted everything on September 24th and it was verified on October 17th - just got the email saying it will all be mailed out at the next mailing, which from previous threads I believe is this Friday. Woo!

Applied: GW (Health Promotion), Yale (SBS/CDE), BU (SBS), and Pitt (Epi - specifically, psychiatric epi)
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:
Hello
I am also planning to apply for fall,2013.
IT would be extremely helpful if you state the notepad format(margin,page setup/header/footer) option for SOP. i m stuck

Members don't see this ad :)
UGPA: 3.49 (Calculated by WES. Got a UK class 2.1)
Major/Minor: Medical Sciences
GradGPA (if applicable): n/a
Grad Studies (if applicable): Medicine (BM BCh - MD equivalent in UK)
GRE (including date taken): V:164 (93%), Q:159 (77%), AW: 5.0 (92%) (Sept 2011)
Experience/Research (please, be brief): Undergraduate research year working on exploiting a channel in sickle cell RBC for a diagnostic test (national presentation), Audit in a children's hospital looking at vaccination histories in HIV children (international presentation - The Netherlands). Audit of resuscitation standards in two mental health units (Local policy change, regional and national presentations). Selected for a leadership development programme for healthcare professionals. 5 years of voluntary work with teenagers including mentoring. Currently a 'postgraduate year 2' doctor in the UK.

I submitted my JHSPH application on the 26th of October. Application was fully complete on 8th November - delay in transcript being sent due to Hurricane Sandy. Submitted my SOPHAS application on 1st November and was verified on 6th November.

Applying for the Fulbright (All US institutions), Frank Knox/Kennedy (Harvard) and Sommers (JHSPH) scholarships. If I don't get any I can't afford to enrol.

Applied: Columbia (General MPH), Johns Hopkins (HLM) & Harvard (HPM)
Accepted: Johns Hopkins (HLM) (13/02), Columbia (General MPH) (22/02), Harvard (01/03)
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

Last edited:
UGPA: WES Calculation MD for 3.23
Major/Minor: Medicine, graduated 2010
Grad Studies (if applicable): MD in Indonesia, graduated 2011
GRE (including date taken): V:151 (49%), Q:167 (96%), AW: 3.0 (11%) <-- this sucks big time
work: intern under Indonesian ministry of health for 1 year, research manager in a complementary medicine foundation for 2 years.
research: none published. mostly presented for regional & national seminars / events, impact: local policy amendments

Applied: all MPH: Harvard (HPM), Johns Hopkins, Columbia (HPM), Berkeley (HPM/interdisiplinary), UCLA (HPM), Berkeley (HPM), Boston (HPM), Yale (HPM/global)
Accepted: Boston, Yale, Johns Hopkins, Harvard (attending ^_^)
Rejected: UCLA, Columbia, Berkeley
Waitlisted:

Last edited:
You guys all had better numbers then I did when I applied and I got in to a few good programs. Nevertheless, I also got rejected by some schools I thought for sure I'd get into. It's random at times. Good luck!

could you please tellme your previous stats, dj tiesto.. i couldnt find your stats from previous posts..

i'm applying to columbia as well. how would you describe the life there? i'm an international students.. and the hollywood image of new york seems 'busy, party, fun" - kinda unsuitable for a studying environment

gosh compared to others, i have quite the low GPA... hope that wont be a major shortcoming of my application material

Last edited:
UGPA: 3.51
Major/Minor: Women's Studies
GRE (including date taken): August 2012. Verbal 161, Quant. 155, Writing 4.5
Experience/Research (please, be brief): RA for three years, public health related internship abroad, experience interning at a non-profit, hospital volunteering, leadership experience
*coming right from undergrad so no full time work experience*

Applied: Michigan (HBHE and HMP), Columbia (Sociomedical), Yale (Social and Behavioral, Health Policy), Emory (Behavioral Science and Health Education), Tulane (global health systems and development), Boston U (international health) Minnesota (Community Health Promotion, Public health administration and policy), University of Illinois Chicago (Community Health Sciences) (all on 11/11/12)
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

Last edited:
The main thing prospective students need to be concerned about, regardless whichever school they attend, is the cost of tuition and living. The chances of a student getting a good paying job is quite low, if any. Thus, going to Columbia and paying 56K just tuition, plus 1000 a month for rent, plus entertainment and food etc, will cost you about 85-90K.

Michigan is not much better either. Michigan's tuition is 72K, and the cost of living is about 500-600 a month, so it practically comes out to be the same.

Let me know if you have more specific questions, especially about Columbia.

Can you/anyone else elaborate on this? I'm a prospective Columbia HPM student hoping to obtain a management fellowship after I graduate or go into consulting. Is this extremely hard to do at Columbia as you are implying?

UGPA: 3.48 (SOPHAS calculated it to 3.54)
Major/Minor: Double major-Public Health and Gerontology
GRE: (9/14/12) 151V, 152Q, 3.5A / (9/29/11) 153V, 147Q, 4.5A
Experience/Research (please, be brief): Coordinator of Sterile Processing Dept at local hospital, led JCAHO and AHCA inspections for dept, internship with HIV/AIDS surveillance dept at local health dept, research assistant for cancer pain management lab, presented posters at three conferences, student ambassador for School of Aging Studies, in national gerontology honor society, volunteer work at local hospice

Applied: Yale (CDE/SBS), Boston (Epi), Tulane (Epi), Drexel (Epi), Emory (Epi), and Penn State (Biobehavioral Health/Epi)
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

Here are dates for you! :thumbup:
10/16-app submitted
11/1-payment received at SOPHAS
11/10-application verified
11/12-received email from Tulane saying app was received and in dept
11/14-SOPHAS will mail out application to schools

Reactions: 1 user
UGPA: 3.5
Major/Minor: Health and Societies/ Minors: Nutrition and Spanish
GradGPA: 4.0
Grad Studies: Pre-Med Post-bacc
GRE: V 160 (83%), Q 162 (86%), A 4.5 (73%), taken August 2011
Experience/Research: lots of premed stuff, 2 week internship in Peru, Public Health/Biostat Summer Program

Submitted: Nov 13
Verified: Dec 7
Mailed: Dec 12

Applied: Columbia (Epi), Emory (Epi), Yale (CDE)
Accepted: Emory (1/20/13), Yale (1/31/13)
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

Last edited:
GUYS URGENT HELP NEEDED

I have completed my JHU application form with submission of 45$.But they told me to return to my application form,sign it and submit it.Where can I put my signature?
Pls help

UGPA: 3.74
Major/Minor:Communication Studies
GRE (including date taken): 160V 158Q 6.0W, June 2012
Experience/Research (please, be brief):Management Internship at a large Cancer Center.

Applied: Tulane MHA, University of Michigan MHSA and MPH, Yale MPH, USF MHA, Boston University MPH
Accepted:Tulane MHA
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
UGPA: 3.21 :( at a highly ranked public university
Major/Minor: Psychology and Spanish (both BAs)
GradGPA (if applicable): 4.0 at present
Grad Studies (if applicable): M.S.Ed in Teaching Urban Adolescents w/ Disabilities
GRE (including date taken): August 2012 - 163V, 156Q, 4.5A
Experience/Research (please, be brief): Currently teaching special education and volunteering as an online counselor w/ an LGBT/suicide prevention organization; internship during college w/ an on-campus AIDS organization on the development side of things.

Applied: Columbia (SMS), Yale (SBS), GWU (Health Promotion), Emory (BSHE), Tulane (Community Health Education), University of Minnesota (Community Health whatever)
Accepted: Tulane (11/20)
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

I want to go into health education ;) Minnesota might be my top choice because I believe I would get reciprocity on my tuition because my parents are Wisconsin residents, so for the cost and the ranking, it'd be hard to beat. Anyone think differently?

Last edited:
UGPA: 3.47 from top liberal arts school
Major/Minor: Biology/ Economics, Public Policy
GRE: 166 V, 168 Q, 4.5 Writing
I'm graduating in the spring, so I don't have any full time work experience.
I spent a summer working at a cancer center, another summer doing lab research on cells for my biology thesis, and another summer researching health policy think tanks for my public policy thesis

Applied: Columbia (Epi), Harvard (SM2 in Epi), UMich (Epi), Yale (CDE), Berkeley (Epi), Emory (Epi)
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

UGPA: 3.80 Top Public School
Major/Minor: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Grad Studies (if applicable):
GRE (including date taken): 10/9/12- V-152 Q-159 AW-5
Experience/Research (please, be brief): Biochem Research my junior year, and currently doing cell bio research-part time job- hospital volunteering/red cross chapter office, clinical shadowing, study abroad in Australia for global health program

1st generation college student

submitted SOPHAS 10/22
mailed out 11/12

Applied: Emory- MPH Epi/global health, BostonU-MPH epi, UIC-MPH epi, Berkeley-MPH in epi, UCLA-MPH in epi, SUNY albany-mph in epi
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

updated my previous post.. my analytic writing scores came.. 3.0 :( this sucks big time... i wonder if that hurts my chances tot op school.. i dont know what i did wrong on the test..

UGPA: 3.27 (non-US university, ranked 400th-something worldwide)
Major/Minor: Biology
UGPA: 2.58 (non-US university, 2nd bachelor's degree, unranked)
Major/Minor: Spanish / International Relations
GradGPA: 3.69 (non-US university, ranked 200th-something worldwide).
Grad Studies: M.Sc. (Tropical Medicine) with concentration in Epidemiology

GRE: 600 Verbal (83rd %tile), 790 Quant (90th %tile), 5.0 AWA (92nd %tile), taken on June 10, 2010.
TOEFL: 115 iBT (too lazy to report specific sections), taken on May 9, 2012.

Experience/Research :
4 years of work experience including 3 years as research assistant in Epidemiology.
4-5 publications on PubMed (mostly in global-health-related issues).
Did research work with a health NGO in South Asia for 10 months, loved it and want to do it again!!

The rest of the details are in my signature. Will update this post if anything new comes up. Best of luck to you all!

Last edited:
UGPA: 3.7
Major/Minor: Political Science (3.95), Psychology (4.0)
GRE: 163V, 156Q, 4.5 AWA

Experience/Research :
&#8212;A semester of biopsychology research, but science isn't my strongpoint.
&#8212;A good background of serving/researching the impoverished at home and overseas in developing countries.
&#8212;Various leadership positions in college.
&#8212;Nothing published in journals (except for my psych paper, for which I was only a minor assistant)
&#8212;No work experience in the specific field of public health. Only some experience in socioeconomic development. I'm fresh out of college. This is probably automatically disqualifying me from Berkeley and Harvard, but we'll see.

Applied: Health Policy/Management MPH at the following: Emory, BU, Harvard (80-hour MSC), Columbia, UPitt, Minnesota, UMich, Berkeley, GWU
Interviews: UMich (1/14), UPitt (12/15)
Accepted: UPitt (12/18), GWU (12/21), Emory (1/11), UMinn (1/17), Columbia (2/23)
Rejected: UMich (2/1), Harvard (3/8), Berkeley (3/11)
Waitlisted: BU (3/7, application withdrawn on 3/8 due to better offers from other schools)

Good luck, folks.

Last edited:
UGPA: 3.41 (overall); 3.42 (upper division)
Major/Minor: Psychology (Bachelor, 2004)
GradGPA (if applicable): 3.78
Grad Studies (if applicable): Clinical Psychology (Doctorate, 2012)
Overall GPA by SOPHAS (Undergrad + Grad): 3.53
GRE (including date taken): 157, 73% (V); 153, 56% (Q); 4.0, 49% (W), October 2012

Experience/Research:

RESEARCH: quantitative dissertation on sexual risk behaviors (24 mon); cognitive impairment among HIV-positive veterans (6 mon); children's perception of same-sex relationships (6 mon); interpersonal violence in same-sex relationships (24 mon); drug use among men who have sex with men (6 mon). CLINICAL: postdoctoral fellowship at a Boston area university (12 mon); pre-doctoral internship in a Boston area med school (12 mon); non-profit organization targeting poor-resourced communities (12 mon); HIV-positive gay and bisexual men (12 mon); sexual health among adolescents and young adults (12 mon); psychological, psycho-educational, neuropsychological assessment (24 mon); residential treatment program for adolescent boys on probation (6 mon); and behavioral intervention for children with autism (9 mon). INTERNATIONAL: teacher of English, East Asia (12 mon); volunteer in psychiatry department, Southeast Asia (2 mon). JOURNAL: editorial board for 2 psychology-related publications (24 mon). VOLUNTEER: HIV/AIDS organization (3 mon), pediatrics (3 mon), mentor (24 mon), big brother/big sister program (24 mon). HONORS/AWARDS: fellowship in graduate school; fellowship in undergrad; leadership award in undergrad; grant from a department of public health; university grant to conduct dissertation research.

Applied:

Initial submission to SOPHAS: 10/30/2012. Verified: 11/9/2012

UCLA (MPH/Health Policy): 10/30 (submitted to SOPHAS), 11/14 (mailed by SOPHAS), 11/30 (submitted GradApp)
BERKELEY (MPH/Health Policy): 10/30 (submitted SOPHAS), 11/14 (mailed by SOPHAS), 11/16 (submitted Grad App)
HARVARD (MPH/Health Policy): 11/17 (submitted to SOPHAS), 11/21 (mailed by SOPHAS)
BOSTON U (MPH/Human Rights): 11/30 (submitted to SOPHAS), 12/5 (mailed by SOPHAS)
LONDON SCHOOL OF HYGIENE & TROPICAL MED (MSc/Global Mental Health): 11/5 (submitted online myApp)
COLUMBIA (MPH/Health Policy/Global Health): 12/14 (submitted to SOPHAS), 12/19 (mailed by SOPHAS)

Accepted: London (12/17), Boston U (1/14), UCLA (2/14), Columbia (3/6), Harvard (3/8)
Rejected: None
Waitlisted: None
***I withdraw my application to Berkeley on 3/11th.***

Good luck to everyone! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my first acceptance today! I got into Tulane's Epi MPH program! I got an email letting me know. My app was mailed 11/14. :D

I got my first acceptance today! I got into Tulane's Epi MPH program! I got an email letting me know. My app was mailed 11/14. :D
Awesome, xo, must be nice to hear back quickly! Starting out the cycle on a good note for everyone in the forums :)

I have got a msg from Tulane somewhat like this"On behalf of the faculty in the Department of Epidemiology of Tulane School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, I would like to personally congratulate you on your acceptance to our MPH program."

Does it mean acceptance/formal letter:confused:

UGPA: .
Major/Minor:Science
GRE: .
Experience/Research: 5 years public health research experience, volunteer work, abstracts and publication

Applied:
Boston University MPH Submitted 11/27
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

*Will be adding -- Yale, Columbia, University of North Texas and George Washington*

{edited for a bit more anonymity}

Last edited:
I have got a msg from Tulane somewhat like this"On behalf of the faculty in the Department of Epidemiology of Tulane School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, I would like to personally congratulate you on your acceptance to our MPH program."

Does it mean acceptance/formal letter:confused:

That's the same thing I received. It's an email letting you know that you were accepted, but they will send a formal package of information in two weeks.

UGPA: 3.84
Major/Minor: Biology/Economics
GradGPA (if applicable): 3.74
Grad Studies (if applicable): MPH in Epidemiology
GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable): 770Q (83%), 570V (77%), 5.5W (96%) Taken 7/2009
Experience/Research (please, be brief): 1 year in a cognitive neuroscience lab. Used fMRI to scan smokers and obese subjects for brain activity while they do stuff in the scanner. 1 year in a cancer registry.

I just e-submitted my SOPHAS application last night (11/27). Waiting on 2 recommendations. All other materials in.

EDIT 12/5: All 3 recommendations are in, but I may have a transcript problem with one transfer class 5 years ago. SOPHAS has not contacted me about it, but I don't have a GPA yet, and I have had 2 recommendations in since 11/30.

EDIT 12/7: I have sent off the transfer transcript and re-submitted my application on 12/6. I had to be un-submitted in order to solve the coursework issue.

EDIT 12/14: SOPHAS has finally received my final transcript. Waiting on GPA verification before they send it off!

EDIT 1/14: SOPHAS has verified my GPA/transcripts on 1/12. Will be sent out with the next mailing cycle.

EDIT 1/16: SOPHAS has changed the mailing status to "new". Finally mailed off.

EDIT 1/18: Pitt notified me by e-mail that they had received my application and were forwarding it to the Epi department.

EDIT 1/30: Pitt notified me by e-mail that I am provisionally admitted into the program (PhD in Epidemiology). Formal letter being sent with terms of acceptance.

Applied: Pitt--PhD in Epidemiology. SLU--PhD in Health Services Research. Boston U--PhD in Health Services Research.
Accepted: Pitt
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

Last edited:
i got a call today from one of the professors i mentioned in my personal statement essay for tulane. she wants to meet me, and we talked about my research interests and current research. thought i'd let you guys know.

Tulane sent an e-mail offering a non-renewable $25,000 merit scholarship

Guys urgent help needed!!!
Any word limit for Uni south carolina,MPH-EPI?

Hey! So I had an interview with UPitt on the 27th. Still waiting to hear back, but I m really keen on UPitt. Anyone has an opinion on the MHA program there? Is anyone else applying to UPitt/ has interviewed with them?

Applied: Cornell, UPitt, Georgetown,UNC chapel hill, Penn state( all MHA),
Boston(MPH-HPM)
Accepted:
Rejected: Cornell
Interviewed:UPitt

Just received word from HSPH that they have my app and that it is under review. The email says that I do not expect to hear a decision until late Feb through late March. :D

Anyone know when BU sends out first acceptances? I know last year it was fairly early if I recall.

Anyone know when BU sends out first acceptances? I know last year it was fairly early if I recall.

I've been wondering the same thing! People heard around this time last year and the year before.

BU has sent me a mail regarding reviewing my application 3 days back.
(unfortunately my 3rd referee yet to recommend me, So my status is incomplete)

When did you submit and when was your app mailed -- if you don't mind me asking?

Haven't heard anything from BU besides the application review e-mail either. For anyone interested--I got an email on 11/13 saying they received my application from SOPHAS and another on 11/15 saying everything was complete and my app was being forwarded to the admissions committee for review. It did say it can take up to 8 weeks to hear back from them so maybe they're running later this year than in the past.

I would like others opinions on this -- I scored a 4.0 on writing (extremely unexpectedly...) which is reported as 49% by SOPHAS. All of the schools have spoken to said they "strongly advise retaking a GRE with any score section below 50%". Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I know writing is a weird section -- as a 4.0 is 49% and a 4.5 is ~70% I believe.

I would like others opinions on this -- I scored a 4.0 on writing (extremely unexpectedly...) which is reported as 49% by SOPHAS. All of the schools have spoken to said they "strongly advise retaking a GRE with any score section below 50%". Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I know writing is a weird section -- as a 4.0 is 49% and a 4.5 is ~70% I believe.

I also scored a 4.0, but I am not retaking it. There is no straightforward answer to this. I would imagine it depends on your particular circumstance. Financial costs aside from retaking it, how else did you do in the other sections? Are there other ways to show your writing skills - personal statement, publications, etc.?

I wrote a quantitative dissertation, and I am on the editorial board for 2 journals. Being given a prompt and being told to write w/in a 30-min window are not my strengths. But I know I can write and write well. ;)

I also scored a 4.0, but I am not retaking it. There is no straightforward answer to this. I would imagine it depends on your particular circumstance. Financial costs aside from retaking it, how else did you do in the other sections? Are there other ways to show your writing skills - personal statement, publications, etc.?

I wrote a quantitative dissertation, and I am on the editorial board for 2 journals. Being given a prompt and being told to write w/in a 30-min window are not my strengths. But I know I can write and write well. ;)

I did not do very well in the other sections - but my verbal score was 80%. I consider myself a very strong writer, I quite honestly have no idea what happened - I was shocked when I saw my score. I am very swamped at work at the moment and the financial aspect of taking the test (as well as possibly not being able to meet the 1/15/12 deadlines) are really discouraging me from re-taking. I am feeling pretty down about the application process as of now. I don't want to derail this thread, so you can PM me if anyone has any advice. Thanks

I submitted my app on 15/11/12. Boston replied me this sat.
and one practical example : one of my frnds got admitted in BU for Fall,2012 in EPI with 292 in GRE and 3.0 in AWA.so no worries.!

I can keep a running list of schools/programs that have offered admissions, have sent rejection and waitlist notices, and sent out interview invitations (if applicable).

SEE FIRST POST ON FIRST PAGE OF THIS THREAD.

However, I need your help. If you have received notices from any schools/programs, please notify me by private message. I will then edit this running list. Folks can refer to it much more easily since it is the top post.

In your message please include school/program (MS, MPH, etc.), track/concentration/department (Epi, Bio, Social, Environ, Policy, etc.), and how you got the message (email, phone, etc.). Most critically, please include the date.

Received word from BU stating that they have my SOPHAS app. SOPHAS mailed it on 12/5th, so that seems like a quick turn around. :D

UGPA: 3.35
Major/Minor: Biological Sciences from Top 10 Public University
GRE: V 157, Q 157, A 4.5
Experience/Research:
1 year of Aquatic Toxicology research
1 year of Gene Therapy/Infectious Disease research

Submitted: 11/2
Mailed: 11/20

Applied: Yale, Texas, Berkeley, UCLA, SDSU, Emory, Tulane
**All EHS and/or Epi**
Accepted:
Rejected:

"Under Review" emails from Yale and Tulane (11/21)