rosalind franklin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Jamaicandoc and Mother, as far as I know they are still interviewing applicants all the way until mid February (according to their bar graph on their site). Things may be different this year though. I haven't really heard anything. This whole process is really random so good luck :).

What bar graph??? Can you give me the link?

Members don't see this ad.

i guarantee they interview til end of april. im a tour guide.

I interviewed in November...and they still haven't given me a decision.

Not rejected
Not accepted
Not waitlisted

I called to ask for an update when I hit the 2 month post-interview mark..."your file is still active" she tells me.

:confused:

Also...I know a person who got accepted who interviewed on the same date as me!

At this point I'm starting to feel quite rejected. :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in November...and they still haven't given me a decision.

Not rejected
Not accepted
Not waitlisted

I called to ask for an update when I hit the 2 month post-interview mark..."your file is still active" she tells me.

:confused:

Also...I know a person who got accepted who interviewed on the same date as me!

At this point I'm starting to feel quite rejected. :thumbdown:

ya me too. interviewed in october for me. i think that's what they told us would happen tho, if you aren't "accepted" you will be "active" until they either reject or waitlist u at end of season

ocwaveoc http://66.99.255.20/admissions/cms/CMSAdmissionsCal.cfm

daydreamer2008, spilledmilk you guys still have high chances as long as you interviewed so dont exclude the possibility of acceptance. i was interviewed with several people who were accepted. my acceptance did not come until 1 month later than those who were already accepted.

did RFU send out any acceptances in January?!

I called them today...they said that I passed initial screening and was still active. Said they interviewed for still quite sometime...I think there application process (website) is one of the worst that I applied to

I called them today...they said that I passed initial screening and was still active. Said they interviewed for still quite sometime...I think there application process (website) is one of the worst that I applied to

Good to know that there are ppl like me waiting for an RFU interview.. Thanks, and keep us updated.

I FINALLY got my rejection letter from RFU on Monday- I mailed them all of my materials back in July! It's nice to know that they, in fact, did not just forget that I exist...I called about once a month, and they always told me that I was complete and under review. Good luck to you guys!

I FINALLY got my rejection letter from RFU on Monday- I mailed them all of my materials back in July! It's nice to know that they, in fact, did not just forget that I exist...I called about once a month, and they always told me that I was complete and under review. Good luck to you guys!

So I was rejected back in October...but they didn't send me the letter until YESTERDAY....and on top of that I had to call them inquire as to what the hell was going on...

Speaking of what the hell is going on...Shaq going to PHX? What the hell?

So I was rejected back in October...but they didn't send me the letter until YESTERDAY....and on top of that I had to call them inquire as to what the hell was going on...

Speaking of what the hell is going on...Shaq going to PHX? What the hell?

Um, YEAH, what is with the Shaq trade?? The funny thing is I had no idea this occurred until just now watchin the Heat vs. Pistons. I was gone for interviews until early today, so I missed that somewhere. Also, the irony! At my SLU interview I talked about the Pistons with my interviewer (I'm a huge Pistons fan), and he had to back up the Heat. I am so very tempted to make a reference to tonight's game in a thank you letter, but I just might resist the urge :p

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you like SLU? (sorry for changing the thread a bit, I'm thinking becuase I probably should have applied there)

I probably should have talked about the Bulls in my GW interview...but oh well. I did talk about IM basketball though.

Now I'm even more interested in this year's playoffs...I was already interested seeing what the Hornets and Blazers are doing...and with the Pau Gasol trade the Lakers are pretty nasty.

How did you like SLU? (sorry for changing the thread a bit, I'm thinking becuase I probably should have applied there)

I probably should have talked about the Bulls in my GW interview...but oh well. I did talk about IM basketball though.

Now I'm even more interested in this year's playoffs...I was already interested seeing what the Hornets and Blazers are doing...and with the Pau Gasol trade the Lakers are pretty nasty.

I really liked SLU, it seems like a great place to study medicine if you want to have an urban focus (which I very much do want to have). I just really liked the look on my interviewer's face when the blond girl got into a whole discussion about basketball, and then stuck up for my Pistons when he said he liked the Heat :laugh: Hey, I try my hardest to bond with my interviewer!

I got my acceptance letter today!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

yay! My first acceptance!

I'm class of 2012!!!!!

Thank you RFU :rolleyes:

Is it true that RFU only accepts a few applicants in each of their monthly meetings but will accept broadly towards the end of the season to fill their class? ... Or is that just wishful thinking from the rumor mill?

Is it true that RFU only accepts a few applicants in each of their monthly meetings but will accept broadly towards the end of the season to fill their class? ... Or is that just wishful thinking from the rumor mill?

From US News, they interviewed 672 and accepted 438. so you have a pretty good chance to get accepted once u get an interview. just hard to say when.....:rolleyes:

From US News, they interviewed 672 and accepted 438. so you have a pretty good chance to get accepted once u get an interview. just hard to say when.....:rolleyes:

How many applicants were there that year?

How many applicants were there that year?

Applied Interviewed Accepted Enrolled
Total: 7,210 672 438 184
In-state: 1,007 191 125 72
Out-of-state: 6,203 481 313 112
Women: 3,467 275 188 72
Minorities: 3,143 257 191 76
International: 405 52 39 15

I interviewed in early January and the letter was postmarked feb 5th

good luck :)

My interviewer seemed to allude to the aforementioned lots of acceptances.. He said sometimes it just takes awhile and to be patient till they have to have their class filled (to amcas I believe) sometime in march.. so we'll see

Applied Interviewed Accepted Enrolled
Total: 7,210 672 438 184
In-state: 1,007 191 125 72
Out-of-state: 6,203 481 313 112
Women: 3,467 275 188 72
Minorities: 3,143 257 191 76
International: 405 52 39 15

I wouldn't trust these statistics. They are from 2005. That's only a year after they changed their name from Finch to Rosalind Franklin. I believe they were on probation around that time too. That and there are more applicants than ever this year.

how does it take between the "you passed the primary screen" to the next response?? :oops:

does anyone know how the third and fourth year rotations work? Do we get to live in downtown Chicago? Thats one of the reasons im thinking of coming to Rosalind, b/c of all those rotations in the heart of chicago and i would love to live in a big city? During the interview i recall them saying that during the third and fourth years of med, most students live in downtown chicago? Am I right or was my fantasy clouding my brain?:banana:

does anyone know how the third and fourth year rotations work? Do we get to live in downtown Chicago? Thats one of the reasons im thinking of coming to Rosalind, b/c of all those rotations in the heart of chicago and i would love to live in a big city? During the interview i recall them saying that during the third and fourth years of med, most students live in downtown chicago? Am I right or was my fantasy clouding my brain?:banana:

no, you have it correct.

we do most, if not all rotations downtown. our biggest sites are Advocate Christ, Advocate Lutheran, Advocate Illinois Masonic, Swedish Covenant, Mt. Sinai, Cook County...hm am I missing any? There are a few sites in North Chicago/outlying areas (you can do Neuro or Psych at the NC VA), but those are avoidable if you wish to avoid them. and the ambulatory care sites are all around the city & outlying areas. we choose our track (order in which you do your rotations) and site (at which hospital you do each rotation) by a lottery system. it seems to work pretty well. to answer your question - yes, everyone moves downtown for M3/M4. we come back to campus occasionally for lectures, grand rounds, shelf exams, standardized patient stuff, lotteries, orientation, etc. though.

good luck guys.

no, you have it correct.

we do most, if not all rotations downtown. our biggest sites are Advocate Christ, Advocate Lutheran, Advocate Illinois Masonic, Swedish Covenant, Mt. Sinai, Cook County...hm am I missing any?

St. Anthony's ;)

The "you have passed the initial screening" e-mail seems like a pre-interview hold. I think they are sending out their next batch of interview invites soon though

ahhhhh.....:scared:
think LOI is any good at this point? :idea:

So I submitted my secondary in december (I know thats late). I got the completed application email but I haven't heard anything else yet. I was just wondering if I should write a LOI or just email for a status update.

I was complete sometime in late august/early september but have not received the "you have been put in the smaller pool" email and was just wondering if getting that is better than not getting it, or vice versa. Does anyone know anything about this? Have people that received the email get an interview invite?

I was complete sometime in late august/early september but have not received the "you have been put in the smaller pool" email and was just wondering if getting that is better than not getting it, or vice versa. Does anyone know anything about this? Have people that received the email get an interview invite?

I don't believe I got that email.. I know I got a your complete email but not the other one and I did get an interview.. so who knows

I also got the "passed the primary screening" email back in like October, and just received an interview invite today (even though I probably won't go). So, they are still handing them out! Good luck to everyone :luck:

I also got the "passed the primary screening" email back in like October, and just received an interview invite today (even though I probably won't go). So, they are still handing them out! Good luck to everyone :luck:

How was the invite sent to you (smail/email/phone call)? Thanks!

Hi MDee,

Would you mind sharing your stats?

thanks

So I submitted my secondary in december (I know thats late). I got the completed application email but I haven't heard anything else yet. I was just wondering if I should write a LOI or just email for a status update.

I hope this helps even a little. I sent in all my stuff by late September but didn't hear a word till 02/06. I did get the complete application email but no follow up message of any kind since then. In the email they sent on 02/06, they claimed it was their second email inviting me to interview. Now, fellow pre-meds applying to med schools would understand this....I check my email FANATICALLY!!! I have no idea where their first email went....Oh well! So I'm saying all this to suggest - give them a little more time and then email for an update. I have my interview on Wednesday...... I hope y'all hear back soon..

I got my acceptance letter today!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

yay! My first acceptance!

I'm class of 2012!!!!!

Thank you RFU :rolleyes:

just wanted to say congratulations and best of luck with the medical school application cycle.

when is the next adcom meeting? and is it a bad sign if you aren't accepted in the first adcom meeting following your interview?

I'M NOT LOSING HOPE JUST YET RFU!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Is it a bad idea to write a letter of interest before you are placed on the pre-interview hold? Should I just email for a status update instead?

M1 here, you guys shouldnt worry about timing. I interviewed really late, in Early April I think. I ended up getting in a week later. Be careful of the admissions letter, its a thin envelope, I remember that threw me off.

You guys can PM if you have any questions, got so much free time now that finals are over :hardy:

M1 here, you guys shouldnt worry about timing. I interviewed really late, in Early April I think. I ended up getting in a week later. Be careful of the admissions letter, its a thin envelope, I remember that threw me off.

You guys can PM if you have any questions, got so much free time now that finals are over :hardy:

Hey DrCurious, long time no talk..how is the M1 year treating you?