Roseman University of Health Sciences (Entering 2014)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Im going to Henderson and thinking about a roommate! It would just be so much cheaper lol

Ya it would make things easier since we all have the exact same schedule and going to the same place everyday. Like a large house and stuff.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to all accepted today!! You guys can sleep better tonight haha. Me on the other hand has the interview next Tues! I will be next on the waiting game...Who's interviewing Tuesday with me? :)

Congrats to all accepted today!! You guys can sleep better tonight haha. Me on the other hand has the interview next Tues! I will be next on the waiting game...Who's interviewing Tuesday with me? :)
Good luck, Sprouticus! Be confident, be honest, and be yourself. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got in!!! Can someone add me to the fb group? I sent a request.

Me me me me!!!!!! I'm planning on staying at the marriott. You?!

Me me me me!!!!!! I'm planning on staying at the marriott. You?!
I'm a local. What day are you getting in? And how far is your hotel from the school? If you need a ride to campus on the interview day I am glad to pick you up on my way!

Just wanted to congratulate everyone that got accepted recently!

Reactions: 1 users
You're right. It could have been a $2,000 deposit...like Touro CA. :)

Or your soul and first born. Plus baby cupcakes made from fresh babies.

PS... I've been watching a lot of supernatural lately.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to all those have been accepted!!! It's exciting to see the forum light up. To those still waiting, good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
so what interview questions have people received from roseman?

I already paid my deposit to go to the South Jordan campus. I wonder if it's too late to switch to Henderson....? I picked "either campus" on my application and then chose Utah, but houses are so much cheaper and nicer in NV!

Call Dr. Park. if there is a spot available I don't see why they wouldn't let you switch. The main reason I chose Roseman in Henderson was because the cost of living is so cheap

Careful to those looking for houses in Vegas. A lot of the nice houses for cheap you're seeing are in north Las Vegas, not a place you want to live. Stick to henderson, green valley, spring valley and summerlin. Sw area too.

Reactions: 1 users
oh, but summerlin is really nice but SUPER far from the school.

Has anybody with a minimum GPA (2.8 - 3.0) received an interview yet ?

oh, but summerlin is really nice but SUPER far from the school.

It's not too bad. All freeway and there's rarely traffic. I live right by summerlin and takes like 20 min. If you want to be closer to the school, I would look in green valley

I just did a random search in Henderson, NV and a lot of decent places came up. Can anyone recommend a safe/affordable neighborhood that would be worth living/purchasing a house in? I have dogs so any condos would have to allow pets.

Dr. Park just confirmed that I can make the switch if i wanted to. Decisions, decisions!
Does tuition cost the same at both locations?

I just did a random search in Henderson, NV and a lot of decent places came up. Can anyone recommend a safe/affordable neighborhood that would be worth living/purchasing a house in? I have dogs so any condos would have to allow pets.

Dr. Park just confirmed that I can make the switch if i wanted to. Decisions, decisions!

I'd room in green valley

Those who are deciding to go to roseman OR are currently attending.... Can any of you offer info that attracted you in ultimately choosing this school? Other than it being a 3 yr program.

Also, any advice for the interview???? Any help will be much appreciated!! :)

Those who are deciding to go to roseman OR are currently attending.... Can any of you offer info that attracted you in ultimately choosing this school? Other than it being a 3 yr program.

Block structure

Ya... As far as I know tuition is the same

@SooC I just bought a house in the crystal springs community. I'm kinda by bermuda and pebble, zip: 89123. The houses there are really nice, affordable, they actually have grass which was a must since I'm from California. It's close enough to both the 15 and 215 for convenience but no so close you get freeway traffic. It's also about 10 mins to school. I'm actually debating whether to start biking to school for exercise. Southern highlands is also really nice for a smaller budget. Zip: 89141. It's kinda tucked away though and a pain to get to a freeway. About 20 mins to school. Henderson zip: 89052 is also nice if you're on a budget. Green valley/anthem and summerlin are great but as a poor student I didn't have the budget to buy a house there. Plus, for me summerlin was too far for my liking and they call it the spaghetti bowl for a reason, it's not the 101 but it's the most congested part of the freeway in Vegas.

Well I have an extra room for rent on the north side Las Vegas easy access to I 15 . =) if anyone is looking for a place and don't mind the travel distance to roseman. Contact me for more info.

Does anyone know what kinda questions are on their exams that we have to pass with 90%? Are they multiple choice, short answer or mixture?

Does anyone know what kinda questions are on their exams that we have to pass with 90%? Are they multiple choice, short answer or mixture?

Mostly multiple choice on the end of block exams and Top 200, sometimes "choose all that apply". Calculations is all hand-written and no partial points given. Communications is typically a mixture of multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank and written answer format.

hi! I was looking through some questions on here..http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/ultimate-potential-interview-question-list.719760/ There are so many and I really don't think they will ask most of the questions on here. Every interview will be different for each person depending on how you introduce yourself I believe. If they ask the question "Tell me about yourself" I think whatever you say about yourself will lead them to the next question and so on. That's how I am approaching it right now...I'm not even sure if they will even start with that question though. I'm nervous! How are you preparing?

hi! I was looking through some questions on here..http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/ultimate-potential-interview-question-list.719760/ There are so many and I really don't think they will ask most of the questions on here. Every interview will be different for each person depending on how you introduce yourself I believe. If they ask the question "Tell me about yourself" I think whatever you say about yourself will lead them to the next question and so on. That's how I am approaching it right now...I'm not even sure if they will even start with that question though. I'm nervous! How are you preparing?

You are doing it right. First the professor and the student introduce themselves and then they ask you to introduce yourself, which lead to the next question. Plan to have different examples for the situation based questions. Good luck on Tuesday!

is the interview open file or closed? & Should we bring anything with us to the interview?

Last edited:
is the interview open file or closed? & Should we bring anything with us to the interview?
They do open file interviews and I would bring a small notebook (they supply you with a pen).

Thank you for the reply! I was curious, how is the writing portion?

No writing...Orientation is from 2-3 pm, then they will split you guys into groups. One group will interview first and the other groups will go on a tour of the campus.

Mostly multiple choice on the end of block exams and Top 200, sometimes "choose all that apply". Calculations is all hand-written and no partial points given. Communications is typically a mixture of multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank and written answer format.

Cool thanks! What kinda calculations?ratio proportion, converting?

Has anybody with a minimum GPA (2.8 - 3.0) received an interview yet ?
I did. Just got the invitation this morning for an interview invite on 3/25. I totally did bad on the pcats though (GPA is 2.9) so I'm surprised they contacted me for an interview!

Cool thanks! What kinda calculations?ratio proportion, converting?

Yes. Yes. Anything pharmacy related. I have done 3 calc exams with 2 to go... so I can't even tell you everything yet. You will be fine if you memorize the formulas and when to apply them... then it is just plug and chug.

Yes. Yes. Anything pharmacy related. I have done 3 calc exams with 2 to go... so I can't even tell you everything yet. You will be fine if you memorize the formulas and when to apply them... then it is just plug and chug.

Yea, pharmacy calculations is like basic algebra lol. Surprised calculus was a prereq

For current P1's, how long was each orientation day?

Wow no writing portion? So what does the entire day consist of since it's from 1-6?
It's really from 2-6, depending on your interview slot. Program orientation, financial aid presentation, and Q&A from 2-3. I had my interview right afterwards at 3. So I was done with that and the campus tour by 4. If you have a later interview slot, then you'll stay longer.

For current P1's, how long was each orientation day?

For the Henderson campus, orientation week was 4 days, the last day being the white coat ceremony. The first two days we started at 8-9 AM and ended around 4 PM. The third was a half day and the white coat ceremony usually starts around noon. Good luck if you're interviewing tomorrow!

For current Henderson students: How is the job market for interns in the area?