RVC/Dublin/Glasgow/Edinburgh/Bristol c/o 2028 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PawsnClaws!

Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread.

Second time applicant, international.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Second Time international! Anyone heard back from Glasgow after submitting ethical test? Also double checking if it’s normal not receiving a confirmation email for your submission. Last your we needed to email them when you turn in your answer but they didn’t mentioned that this year

Second Time international! Anyone heard back from Glasgow after submitting ethical test? Also double checking if it’s normal not receiving a confirmation email for your submission. Last your we needed to email them when you turn in your answer but they didn’t mentioned that this year
It was mentioned to email Gillian when you completed the ethical reasoning test. That is what I did and she confirmed the receipt and said that I would hear from them once my results were scored.

It was mentioned to email Gillian when you completed the ethical reasoning test. That is what I did and she confirmed the receipt and said that I would hear from them once my results were scored.
Oh weird. My email didn’t mention I should email them. I’m just gonna email them to double check

Does anyone know what timelines these schools usually follow? I am a first-time applicant and have no friends that have applied to these schools in years previous, so I am going into the UK process a bit blindly. Are admission decision dates similar to the US like January/February/March even?

Does anyone know what timelines these schools usually follow? I am a first-time applicant and have no friends that have applied to these schools in years previous, so I am going into the UK process a bit blindly. Are admission decision dates similar to the US like January/February/March even?
I remembered UK Schools release their decision a bit earlier compare to US schools. Last year I interviewed with Glasgow about early November and received my waitlist early January

I remembered UK Schools release their decision a bit earlier compare to US schools. Last year I interviewed with Glasgow about early November and received my waitlist early January
awesome to hear! when did you hear about interviews last year if you remember?

Reactions: 1 user
Does RVC have a portal we can access to see application timeline?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh weird. My email didn’t mention I should email them. I’m just gonna email them to double check
Hi! First time international applicant :) My email didn't state that I should email them either... but I did get a completion receipt from the test platform once I was done. Hope that's enough?

Hi! First time international applicant :) My email didn't state that I should email them either... but I did get a completion receipt from the test platform once I was done. Hope that's enough?
You should be good. I emailed her about that and she said it’s okay. They will just get back to us once our answers gets graded

Hey guys!! I will be joining the class of 2028 @ RVC. Unfortunately, I had to defer this year, but super excited for next year and to see who will be joining. I am here for any questions and advice.

I interviewed at Glasgow I believe in Nov and got my acceptance end of Dec. For RVC interviewed in Nov and got my acceptance beginning of March ( but I know people who got it way earlier)

I interviewed at Glasgow I believe in Nov and got my acceptance end of Dec. For RVC interviewed in Nov and got my acceptance beginning of March ( but I know people who got it way earlier)
Hello! When does RVC usually send out their interview invites?

Hello! When does RVC usually send out their interview invites?
I got my invite beginning of Nov. but I think it was dependent of your location. Some people start hearing back end of Oct last year

Does anyone know how long Glasgow takes to score the ethical reasoning tests? and do we receive that score back or just an interview invite or rejection?

Does anyone know how long Glasgow takes to score the ethical reasoning tests? and do we receive that score back or just an interview invite or rejection?
I applied to Glasgow 2 years ago, so my experience might be slightly dated, but you won't receive an actual score for your ethical reasoning test. If you score high enough, you'll receive an interview invitation. Glasgow will notify you to sign up for their information session, and I believe you have to confirm your attendance in order to sign up for an interview.

Also, if you haven't already, I highly recommend checking out last year's thread to see roughly what the timeline should look like: UK Vet Schools c/o 2027/2028
Skimming it, it looks like Glasgow started sending out interview invites roughly around this time last year, though, so hopefully you'll hear back from them soon!

Hi guys! I was wondering- are the US applicants the UCAS applicants RVC mentioned in their email? I was a bit confused by that and want to make sure I send my transcripts if they need them!

Hi guys! I was wondering- are the US applicants the UCAS applicants RVC mentioned in their email? I was a bit confused by that and want to make sure I send my transcripts if they need them!
UCAS is basically the UK version of VMCAS. If you applied through VMCAS you are not a UCAS applicant. Hope this helps!

I just got an email saying my application is moving to an interview for Glasgow!

Reactions: 1 users
Got a glasgow interview! and lucky enough that the info session is a day I don't have work haha

Reactions: 1 users
If anyone applied to Dublin and has any questions, I am a second year there and am happy to answer any questions you might have. Good luck on your applications everyone!

Hello Everyone! First time International applicant to RVC! I'm soooo nervous because RVC is my first choice!

Hello!
I applied to Glasgow, and I haven't received any emails/links about an ethics test. Do they send these out in cycles, or do I need to contact admissions?

Thank you!

Hello!
I applied to Glasgow, and I haven't received any emails/links about an ethics test. Do they send these out in cycles, or do I need to contact admissions?

Thank you!
I am not sure if they are sent out in waves. I was sent my ethics test link about a week after submitting my application and then received an interview invite last week. The interview requires the attendance of an info session that they sent me links to and they were end of October - end of November dates so interviews probably then fall between November - December - January? Id say email them because this timeline does not seem like multiple waves of invites. Gillian is very responsive I would email her!

I am not sure if they are sent out in waves. I was sent my ethics test link about a week after submitting my application and then received an interview invite last week. The interview requires the attendance of an info session that they sent me links to and they were end of October - end of November dates so interviews probably then fall between November - December - January? Id say email them because this timeline does not seem like multiple waves of invites. Gillian is very responsive I would email her!
Thank you so much! Do you know Gillian's last name? There are 2 Gillian's listed under admissions, and I want to make sure I contact the correct one.

Thank you!

Got my RVC Interview Invite today for NC on the 11th!

Last edited:
Anyone receive an interview invite for RVC? I'm so scared about finding flight fair and hotels last minute!

got my interview too! anyone going to charlotte, nc on the 9th? :D

Received my interview invite for RVC for LA! 😁

Should I assume that I did not get an interview if I selected NC for RVC interview and have not heard a response yet? I am assuming they would have sent NC interviews the 25th and 26th to allow for earlier preparation.

Should I assume that I did not get an interview if I selected NC for RVC interview and have not heard a response yet? I am assuming they would have sent NC interviews the 25th and 26th to allow for earlier preparation.
I’m not sure. My friend also had NC as top choice but haven’t heard back yet, but we’re hoping it’s going to come today. If she gets it and you haven’t heard anything yet I’ll come back to update.

I also heard Edinburgh sent something out today, I’m assuming it’s a supplementary? Has anyone else gotten this.

I heard from Bristol 20 September 2023 and got invited to complete their SAQ. Today is the deadline for the SAQ, just trying to patiently wait for an email. Bristol is my top school that I would like to go to. If anyone has heard from Bristol, or knows roughly when they make decisions. I would love to talk! I am also a first time international applicant!