WSU c/o 2028 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
oos denied. this is my fifth rejection and definitely lost hope
same bro and this is my second cycle

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS waitlist. Does anyone know how many people usually get pulled off the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 users
Oos rejection. Only 3 more to hear from but it only takes 1!!!!!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oos rejection. Expected but you never know!! Congrats to everyone that’s accepted

in the OOS rejection boat as well but we got this - all it takes is 1 yes

OOS Rejected 🥲 -le sigh- it’s been a rough two weeks of rejections.

Oh well! Congrats to everyone who got in and those who got waitlisted!!

Keep your heads up for the rest of us!! It only takes one and if this was your last notification let yourself feel the feelings, as this is my fourth application cycle I know how much those rejections sting. If doesn’t mean anything against you as a person. 💕

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
OOS Rejection 😭 That's 3 rejections out of my 14 schools. Time to keep hoping!
Congrats to everyone that's gotten in!

anybody else not heard anything yet

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Waitlist…curious as to how much the waitlist moves. Def needed the pick-me-up after a string of rejections the past few weeks. Congrats to all accepted:)

Reactions: 1 users
OOS Rejected 🥲 -le sigh- it’s been a rough two weeks of rejections.

Oh well! Congrats to everyone who got in and those who got waitlisted!!

Keep your heads up for the rest of us!! It only takes one and if this was your last notification let yourself feel the feelings, as this is my fourth application cycle I know how much those rejections sting. If doesn’t mean anything against you as a person. 💕
This is my fourth cycle as well and it does sting-so bad!! But I have 4 more schools to hear from so I can’t count myself out yet. :) Your positive attitude is so appreciated and good luck to you!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
oos rejection. Well on the bright side I'm not moving to the other side of the country to live in bfn. hahaha. ha.

This is my fourth cycle as well and it does sting-so bad!! But I have 4 more schools to hear from so I can’t count myself out yet. :) Your positive attitude is so appreciated and good luck to you!
Wishing you all the best 💕💕 I’ll be on the lookout to congratulate you when you get in 😊

• Care
I got a call earlier but I haven’t received an admittance email yet. Are you sure you don’t have missed calls?

no missed calls 🥲 im gonna pretend everything is great and they just so happened to forget to call me speaking acceptance into existence

OOS accepted for the Utah campus. Does anyone have any info on this one?

Would any of those accepted mind posting some rough stats, just out of curiosity?
I was OOS
Overall GPA: 3.93
Science GPA: 3.91
Last 68 quarter units/ 45 semester units GPA: 3.97
Vet hours: over 2000 - small animals, zoo animal, exotics, lab animal
Animal experience: over 2000
Research hours: over 1000

Last edited:
OOS rejection. Bit of a bummer but not unexpected.

• Care
For those who heard from WSU were you guys WICHE students? It seems like last year they heard earlier than non WICHE OOS. I’ve been talking with a few of my friends who are from CA who also applied to WSU and none of us have heard from them. TIA!

For those who heard from WSU were you guys WICHE students? It seems like last year they heard earlier than non WICHE OOS. I’ve been talking with a few of my friends who are from CA who also applied to WSU and none of us have heard from them. TIA!

i’m from CA as well and I heard yesterday

Maybe send them an email? 😭 There seems to be something going on with their communication system maybe I think lol? I’m from CA (non WICHE) and received an acceptance call, but no acceptance email yet. However, some people have already gotten an acceptance email. I’m freaking out lol.

Maybe send them an email? There seems to be something going on with their communication system maybe I think lol? I’m from CA (non WICHE) and received an acceptance call, but no acceptance email yet. However, some people have already gotten an acceptance email. I’m freaking out lol.

Thank you, I just sent them one 🫠 congrats on your acceptance!!!! I’m sure you’ll get your email soon 🫶

• Care
oos waitlisted. congrats to everybody accepted<3!!! so so excited for everyone.

also wanted to echo what DogtorAsh gracefully wrote. this is my second cycle, and i've learned a school's decision does not define a person's worth at all. please acknowledge how far you've come :,)

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Would any of those accepted mind posting some rough stats, just out of curiosity?
I can definitely post more details on the successful applicants thread later on because it was incredibly useful to me before I applied, but here are some of my rough stats. I am still in shock since I am way below their average, but I am very proud of my story as a non-traditional and first generation applicant. This proves they really are holistic!

Overall GPA: 3.10
Science GPA: 3.56
Last 45: 3.94
Vet Hours: ~3000 hrs (varied and unique with both LA, SA, some exotics, etc.)
Animal Hours: ~10000 hrs (I had a completely different career with animals before I even considered vet school, and I have never not worked full time throughout my entire academic career).
Edited to fix hours

Last edited:
I can definitely post more details on the successful applicants thread later on because it was incredibly useful to me before I applied, but here are some of my rough stats. I am still in shock since I am way below their average, but I am very proud of my story as a non-traditional and first generation applicant. This proves they really are holistic!

Overall GPA: 3.10
Science GPA: 3.56
Last 45: 3.94
Vet Hours: ~3000 hrs (varied and unique with both LA, SA, some exotics, etc.)
Animal Hours: ~8,000 hrs (I had a completely different career with animals before I even considered vet school, and I have never not worked full time throughout my entire academic career).
Thank you so much for sharing this because my gpa’s are very similar and this gives me hope for next year if I don’t get an acceptance somewhere else 🥹

• Care
After looking at prior years’ threads, this seems to be the first year they are emailing a waitlist ranking. Def appreciate more clarity in this process

They have separate classes for IS and OOS? Or do you mean they just simply take in less OOS students?

They have separate classes for IS and OOS? Or do you mean they just simply take in less OOS students?

They take a separate and predetermined amount of IS, OOS, Contract, and WICHE. My comment was referring to the fact that their predetermined amount for OOS is typically very small. Last year, it was 24 students.

Oh rip I kinda thought the waitlist ranking is the same regardless of IS or OOS I didn’t know it still matters

I have an interview with WSU soon and I’m pretty nervous. Is there any advice from someone who’s done one here?
I saw the sdn info page for WSU with sample questions etc. Just looking for any advice/reassurance? Forum threads?
Are there topics I should definitely avoid? Basically, why do people get rejected after their interview?

I have an interview with WSU soon and I’m pretty nervous. Is there any advice from someone who’s done one here?
I saw the sdn info page for WSU with sample questions etc. Just looking for any advice/reassurance? Forum threads?
Are there topics I should definitely avoid? Basically, why do people get rejected after their interview?
I used the sample questions on here to practice and then I had family and friends do mock interviews with me. The interviewers do have access to your file prior to interview and I just used some of my experiences in vet med to answer their questions. There were two faculty members and one vet outside of WSU. From what I can remember they ask some ethical questions and some of them were “tell me about a time…” type of questions!

They sent me a few emails reminding me to send them in. There’s a link to a survey where you can upload them. Unofficial is fine! I am in state though so, I’m not sure if they require them for OOS students.

I’m OOS and I haven’t received any emails regarding transcript. I’m also waitlisted so I’m not sure if that affects it. I might just send it to them through parchment though.

They sent me a few emails reminding me to send them in. There’s a link to a survey where you can upload them. Unofficial is fine! I am in state though so, I’m not sure if they require them for OOS students.
Yeah I'm OOS maybe that's why I haven't heard anything about sending them in? I might send them in just in case, when is the deadline they gave u? Thanks!