WSU c/o 2028 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
how is everyone prepping for interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I'm OOS maybe that's why I haven't heard anything about sending them in? I might send them in just in case, when is the deadline they gave u? Thanks!

They said by January 5th which I assume is because we have open file interviews on the 18th.
I’m sure they will reach out if you needed to send them in before August honestly. They’ve been really on top of communications.

how is everyone prepping for interviews?

I have a giant google doc of a ton of possible interview questions and I’ve been slowly working on good answers. I’ve also been reading a ton of animal ethics literature and keeping up with current events by reading JAVMA and DVM 360 and annoying my coworkers lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a giant google doc of a ton of possible interview questions and I’ve been slowly working on good answers. I’ve also been reading a ton of animal ethics literature and keeping up with current events by reading JAVMA and DVM 360 and annoying my coworkers lol.
would you mind sharing? im having a hard time thinking of hot topics in vet med besides mental health and vcpr ://

my interview is on the 17th and i literally cant find others on the same date

would you mind sharing? im having a hard time thinking of hot topics in vet med besides mental health and vcpr ://

my interview is on the 17th and i literally cant find others on the same date
Yeah absolutely! I got a lot of these questions from youtube videos of people sharing their interview experiences, from the interview questions posted here, and from various online sources. I kind of split them into sections but it's a little subjective.

As far as ethics prep I have been reading: "The Animal Ethics Reader" by Armstrong and Botzler, "An Introduction to Veterinary Medical Ethics" by Rollin and reviewing the AVMA Principles of Veterinary Medical Ethics.

Link to google doc: Interview Questions

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Yeah absolutely! I got a lot of these questions from youtube videos of people sharing their interview experiences, from the interview questions posted here, and from various online sources. I kind of split them into sections but it's a little subjective.

As far as ethics prep I have been reading: "The Animal Ethics Reader" by Armstrong and Botzler, "An Introduction to Veterinary Medical Ethics" by Rollin and reviewing the AVMA Principles of Veterinary Medical Ethics.

Link to google doc: Interview Questions
thank you so much!!

Anyone else nervous to drive to Pullman with the weather we’ve been having? 🫣 wishing I was flying right about now!!

1st time, OOS acceptance! Only school to give me an actual call too

Reactions: 1 users
Any OOS waitlisted applicants re-inquired to see if there has been any shifting yet? I intend to ask at the end of March, but was just curious if anyone else has reached out since decisions came out about a month ago!

• Hmm
ok why did wsu send out emails about weather concern and zoom interviewing TODAY. my interview it TOMORROW. im already HERE. I landed when they sent that

• Haha
ok why did wsu send out emails about weather concern and zoom interviewing TODAY. my interview it TOMORROW. im already HERE. I landed when they sent that
Welcome to WSU :rofl: To be fair, we were told to expect 6-10 inches of snow last night and a lot of the clients cancelled their appointments at the VTH this morning.

Welcome to WSU :rofl: To be fair, we were told to expect 6-10 inches of snow last night and a lot of the clients cancelled their appointments at the VTH this morning.
interview DONE

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! How’d it go?
i think it went well? we laughed a lot they gave me great advice. at the end one of them said something along the lines "you better start selling everything purple and gold" (i went to uw i think thats why?)

• Love
i think it went well? we laughed a lot they gave me great advice. at the end one of them said something along the lines "you better start selling everything purple and gold" (i went to uw i think thats why?)
That’s good 😊 I definitely liked the committee I had this year as well. They were laughing with me and generally more personable than the one I had last year. Good luck! 🤞🏼

Any OOS waitlisted applicants re-inquired to see if there has been any shifting yet? I intend to ask at the end of March, but was just curious if anyone else has reached out since decisions came out about a month ago!
i was pretty far down the list (105) and still haven't heard anything. i did get into my IS school though and wsu isn't my #1 so I don't plan to reach out

Me: *knowing full well that decisions don't get sent out until a few weeks out*
Also me: *refreshing email everyday*
I got a call from a Pullman number on Monday for the first time in ages and I was like decisions can’t be this early? 🤔 but also my heart skipped a beat… turned out it was the alumni association asking for donations 🙃

Fingers crossed it’s today! I’m tired of feeling like the world won’t continue spinning until we find out 😂

• Care
Got an IS acceptance call this morning :) so excited!!

Can I ask what you last name starts with? I am sick wondering if they're going alphabetically
F, it was also from someone who is in my field of interest, I’m not sure if that’s a coincidence but maybe they’re having certain people call certain students and the timing could be all over the place!

let's meet up for drinks, we deserve it

Waitlisted! But holding onto this from the email! “Waitlist status should be viewed with a degree of optimism since experience has shown that applicants on the waitlist are offered positions in the entering class nearly every year” congrats to everyone who got the call!

Waitlisted! But holding onto this from the email! “Waitlist status should be viewed with a degree of optimism since experience has shown that applicants on the waitlist are offered positions in the entering class nearly every year” congrats to everyone who got the call!
IS second application. I got waitlisted too. This is so distraughting but optimistic because we're in the middle ground. Idk what to tell my parents, do we truly have a chance to get in up until August? When do we know for sure so that I can plan my life for this year

• Care
Does anyone know if there's a GroupMe or similar for those accepted/intending to accept? I'd love a chance to network with those in the class!
I'm aware of the FB group, but wondering about others :) thank you!

Does anyone know if there's a GroupMe or similar for those accepted/intending to accept? I'd love a chance to network with those in the class!
I'm aware of the FB group, but wondering about others :) thank you!
Congrats to your acceptance !!! Once you accept your sit, the admission will open the FB group for class of 2028 and add you into the general WSU CVM FB group, and I believe it will be around mid or late March. Last year they did not open until 2 weeks before 4/15 since a lot of people still deciding where they are going.

• Care
Does anyone know if there are any more informational panels or anything like that between now and April? I have more questions…

Does anyone know if there are any more informational panels or anything like that between now and April? I have more questions…
Reach out to admissions, they are super helpful when it comes to answering questions!! I haven’t heard of any more scheduled sessions but I could be wrong

I’m wondering how long the IS waitlist is? I’m assuming it’s the people who were interviewed and were not given an offer. They mentioned that I was in the top half and I should be optimistic but I just have no idea what my chances are. WSU is the only school I’ll probably go to so I’m planning on declining the offers I’ve been given and reapplying to WSU next year. Congrats yo everyone who has gotten in so far! Go cougs!

I’m wondering how long the IS waitlist is? I’m assuming it’s the people who were interviewed and were not given an offer. They mentioned that I was in the top half and I should be optimistic but I just have no idea what my chances are. WSU is the only school I’ll probably go to so I’m planning on declining the offers I’ve been given and reapplying to WSU next year. Congrats yo everyone who has gotten in so far! Go cougs!
Probably not many. Did they notify you of your ranking being top half on your email? Are you starting reapplying at the moment or will you wait a few months? Also congrats on being on the waitlist, let's hope to get in through it!

Probably not many. Did they notify you of your ranking being top half on your email? Are you starting reapplying at the moment or will you wait a few months? Also congrats on being on the waitlist, let's hope to get in through it!
They told me in the email! I’ll probably wait a little while maybe after April 15th and see if I get off the waitlist. Until then I’m starting new things to improve my application!

I highly recommend not declining an acceptance. There is no guarantee that you will ever get an acceptance again. You really should go with the place that wants to give you a spot! Of course, it is up to you what you do in the end and where you know you’ll be happy.

WSU does not release information about the number of those on the IS waitlist or rankings, unfortunately. I was on the waitlist last year and am again this year. They also told me I am in the top half of the waitlist, but realistically, I’ve noticed they usually only are able to take one or two off of the IS waitlist.

I highly recommend not declining an acceptance. There is no guarantee that you will ever get an acceptance again. You really should go with the place that wants to give you a spot! Of course, it is up to you what you do in the end and where you know you’ll be happy.

WSU does not release information about the number of those on the IS waitlist or rankings, unfortunately. I was on the waitlist last year and am again this year. They also told me I am in the top half of the waitlist, but realistically, I’ve noticed they usually only are able to take one or two off of the IS waitlist.
Thank you for the input! I will probably decline my acceptance still although and reapply to WSU next year. It would save me like 100,000 dollars for me to go to WSU. Hopefully we both get off the waitlist!