SGU c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We should make a GroupMe for fall šŸ˜©
Hereā€™s one for fall!

You're invited to my new group 'SGU Vet Med c/o 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just read that and now I'm worried too. I feel bad they got rejected- not much reasoning as to why in the thread. They had good stats. Hopefully they get accepted somewhere in the US.
I know this was months ago but that was me. I would have loved going to SG - but thanks for the hopefulness because I got in to a US school!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I know this was months ago but that was me. I would have loved going to SG - but thanks for the hopefulness because I got in to a US school!
Wow, that is the best news I've heard all day!!! Congratulations on your acceptance!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if itā€™s possible to decline my seat for January 2024 but still stay on the waitlist for the fall??

Does anyone know if itā€™s possible to decline my seat for January 2024 but still stay on the waitlist for the fall??
I am mostly positive that you can, I spoke with admissions and my plan to postpone to Fall 2024 from Fall 2023, they said when you accept the offer you can postpone to later start, contact Gianna, give legit reasons (I suppose). Good luck.

I am mostly positive that you can, I spoke with admissions and my plan to postpone to Fall 2024 from Fall 2023, they said when you accept the offer you can postpone to later start, contact Gianna, give legit reasons (I suppose). Good luck.
I donā€™t need to postpone to a later start. I just want to decline my later start offer (January) but stay on the waitlist for this fall.

Hi everyone! This might be a silly question but for those with large breed dogs who can't fly in the airplane cabin, how are you getting your dog to Grenada? Are you flying them in the airplane's cargo? I'm nervous about doing this!

Last edited:
Hi everyone! This might be a silly question but for those with large breed dogs who can't fly in the airplane cabin, how are you getting your dog to Grenada? Are you flying them in the airplane's cargo? I'm nervous about doing this!
My dog is old and I donā€™t wanna risk her in cargo so I am going to try and fly the pawsairline itā€™s quite expensive but Iā€™d rather be with my dog and cat all together and not worryā€™s bout her in cargo .

My dog is old and I donā€™t wanna risk her in cargo so I am going to try and fly the pawsairline itā€™s quite expensive but Iā€™d rather be with my dog and cat all together and not worryā€™s bout her in cargo .
Same here, I'm not at all comfortable flying my dog in cargo! I feel like there should be more options to fly with large breed dogs!

I officially submitted my deposit for January 2024 but still on fall 2023 waitlist

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if there is any pet friendly on campus housing? Specifically I have 2 cats I would like to bring

I will be declining my seat, I hope someone gets good news soon!!!

Does anyone know if there is any pet friendly on campus housing? Specifically I have 2 cats I would like to bring
When I attended, there was not any on-campus pet friendly housing. Unsure if that has changed at all. All of the people in my class that brought pets had off-campus housing that accepted pets.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi y'all.... This is an odd post, but I am a current term 2 student at SGU! I currently live on campus and accidentally signed the contract for August 2023 for on campus, but I am bringing my dog. Housing will not let me out of my contract unless I find someone (my friend is in the same situation), so if any of you are planning on living on campus and haven't signed a contract for housing please consider taking over my contract. My roommate that will be saying is SUPER nice and I would live with her, but I need to bring my dog.

Hey all! I just accepted my seat to the August DVM class for SGU šŸ˜Š. Things may change as weeks go on as I'm on a few waitlists but wondering if ya'll started a FB group or group me to start meeting each other?

Hey all! I just accepted my seat to the August DVM class for SGU . Things may change as weeks go on as I'm on a few waitlists but wondering if ya'll started a FB group or group me to start meeting each other?

You're invited to my new group 'SGU šŸ©ŗ' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Hereā€™s the link to the groupme, I hope this works!!

Reactions: 1 users
I am declining my seat, I hope it gives somebody the news they've been waiting for!! :)

I just declined my seat, I hope someone gets that precious acceptance email soon!

So you gave the 500 deposit and then called this Gianna person to defer until next year, or deferred before deposit? If so, please let me know as Im looking to do the same, do you have her contact info? thanks!

Declined for Fall 2023! Good luck everyone!

Planning to decline my January offer. Hope that helps someone out!

why starting in spring did you defer until then? And can I defer a sept 2023 admission to next September 2024?

I was accepted into the January term, still waitlisted for August. But I thought could start getting in contact with others accepted for January too :)

I was recently accepted into my top OOS program this week and just pulled my seat for Fall. Best of luck to those on the waitlist and hoping someone gets VERY exciting news soon!

Has there been a gc made for the fall 23 class?

I received a message today offering me an august seat (i have a January seat already). With the start being so soon (and myself being very unprepared ((but i could figure everything out asap I /think/)) ) Iā€™m conflicted if I should accept the august seat and give up my Jan seat or pass on the august and stick with my Jan seat o_O

I received a message today offering me an august seat (i have a January seat already). With the start being so soon (and myself being very unprepared ((but i could figure everything out asap I /think/)) ) Iā€™m conflicted if I should accept the august seat and give up my Jan seat or pass on the august and stick with my Jan seat o_O
Update i didnā€™t receive the email that stated i had until that night to decide (only a text message with out a date etc or to say look at the email), so Iā€™m still continuing with the Jan seat instead of pursuing the waitlist for august :dead: