SHWWENANIGOATS: The Unauthorized GGOATS Sequel - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You've ran for wolf as a mayor. I just don't get it.
It’s not just that. It’s the whole way he organized his defense that’s classic SDN WW signaling for village pr

Members don't see this ad.

It’s not just that. It’s the whole way he organized his defense that’s classic SDN WW signaling for village pr
But didn't we start playing at the same time so saw the same things?

Members don't see this ad :)
sad-indian.gif

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Day 4

Late during the nights, some goats had heard the sharp, piercing BORKBORKBORKs of a dog echoing across the fairgrounds. None of them knew where the borks were coming from, but having a herding dog around livestock wasn't exactly an unusual occurrence. It was pretty normal.

Each night, he carefully selected a stall to surveil and lay in wait. Sometimes he was able to channel his focus and see exactly who passed by. Other times, he just couldn't resist turning his head to look for the source of a tempting scent. Regardless of whether he saw the passersby, he made sure to alert the rest of the fair that something was amiss.

excited corgi jumping and barking gif | WiffleGif

The corgi huffed to himself from his location between 2 hay bales. It was the perfect spot for watching the goings-on in the barn and making sure no riff-raff disturbed the goats. Or, at the very least, alerting the entire world if he saw something unexpected. He was so tired. He felt like the fair had been much more of a marathon slog than the shorter sprints he was used to. Heck, he had short legs, and keeping up with the kids and more weathered (wethered?) goats took a lot out of him. But he'd persisted, doing the best he could for his charges. They were resistant to listening to him, but he kept trying his hardest.

Corgi Herding Goats on Make a GIF

For several days, the goats had circled around him and he'd feared he might be trampled, but his sharp growls and barks had held them back. The situation felt different today. There was a grit and a resolve behind the stubborn accusations of one of the goats, and many of the others were falling into line behind her. He barked and barked, but the group closed in and as the sun's rays faded, so too did his protests.

Dead is...
Best Corgi Barking GIFs | Gfycat

@Chillbo Baggins, Corgi, and a...
village moderately distractable watchdog

5 players remain
@Animal Midwife
@genny
@Zenon
@sheltermed
@SportPonies

On to greener pastures:
@mkg323, DISHONOR ON YOU, DISHONOR ON YOUR COW, village conversation maker and friend next door
@Viscernable, Kronk, village lighter of fires
@Clem J, Generic Goat Role, village RELEASE THE GGOATS 1x mass stall swapper
@Zenge142, Betty Boop, village ACME item creator
@WildZoo, Red Herring, village conspiracy theory publishing author
@Chillbo Baggins, Corgi, village moderately distractable watchdog

It is now Night 4. Submit your night actions ASAP.

Last edited:
  • Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Me too... working on 3 hours of sleep in the last 56 hours but here lol

• Care
Night 4
Best Goat Eating GIFs | Gfycat

Buckwheat trudged out of the dairy barn, dragging his little feets on the floor. He was exhausted. He didn't even know what he'd done the previous day. It was all a blur. All he remembered was standing in line for hours begging for a taste of milkshakes, only to discover that it was 2023 and the official fair flavor that he'd been looking forward to, the key lime pie shake, was SO last year.

Due to popular demand, they'd offered it once again for a single day, just for a nostalgic reminder of what had been. It was a shake to be remembered, revered even, and the replacement of it with cherry, of all things, was a travesty.

But that wasn't the only thing that was a throwback. Nay (neigh? get out of here horses, this isn't your game or your mod). Not even close.

The grizzled veteran goats of the fair remembered their previous outing. Though not a state fair like their current setting, it featured some of the same perils. Passionately evicting goats who seemed dangerous, only to find that the real dangers were among them the whole time. Choking hazards abounded, certainly not limited to fair food (though that's a good opportunity. Please chew carefully and thoroughly).

It seemed some of the goats had learned a thing or two since the previous time. And others had decided to wear the outfits of those who came before them. In the green pasture in the sky, grumping was heard from those who were angling to reclaim prizes they'd previously won, desperately in search of that purple ribbon that had eluded them for a few years and may again. One goat no longer remembered the previous trip. Determinedly no longer remembered. Steadfastly. Oh, but she did remember. She wasn't going to let that happen again.

Buckwheat looked at all of the other goats facing him. In fact, none of them were goats. The only other goat had died a long time ago. The group in front of him was an eclectic, nonsensical bunch of absolute madness. There was no rhyme or reason. And why would there be? The fair wasn't made to be logical.

All sorts of interesting choices were made at the fair. Crazy foods, impulse purchases ... on-a-whim tattoos. She was an artist, so who knew what possessed her to get the tattoo from that sketchy booth. She sat in the chair, knowing it was a questionable decision, but grinning nonetheless. She'd instructed others to draw things as equally bizarre as what she was getting, and it had amused her endlessly.

Unfortunately, her life was not endless, and she didn't get to see the result emblazoned on her arm.

Dead is...
1691035907807.png

@SportPonies, Questionable Horse Tattoo, and a...
village eclectic art demander

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
They looked at each other, the disbelief and joy shining in their eyes. They'd done it, against all odds.

The fireman slung his hose over his shoulder. "This guy's never done me wrong," he said proudly. "Never put out a single fire, but it served the job well." He'd give it a purple ribbon if he could.

His companion ... nodded, I guess. His companion was a normally inanimate object, but at the fair, anything could happen, and sure, a playing card could be sentient! Why the heck not!

It was the fair, after all. Anything could happen.

Congratulations to the wolves on a well-played win!!!

1691036277353.png

@Zenon, Sexy Firefighter Calendar Man, and a...
CONVERTABLE wolf fire-putter-outer

1691036352792.png

@sheltermed, NOPE, and an...
UNCONVERTABLE wolf blocker and whatever I called mkg's neighbor thing I'll go find it after I post this

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He, too, knew something about odds. And though he'd felt they were stacked against him, he had that relentless puppy energy, and drive, and pure persistent floofiness. Perhaps by accident, or perhaps intentionally, he'd worn the costume of a previous GGOATS veteran, but in a twist of fate, it had worked out for him. Now, he was ready for a rest. A tired puppy is a good puppy, after all.

Congratulations to our inclusive 3P for managing to meet her extremely challenging wincon!!

1691036636332.png

@Animal Midwife, The Goodest Boi, and a...
true neutral 3P whose wincon required that she have licked all of the villagers alive at the game's end, and who only licked the sketchiest villagers for the whole game

Reactions: 1 users
Great game, everyone, and thanks for playing! I hope you had fun and some of your expectations about game mechanics were defied. Thanks for humoring our twisted senses of humor.

Special shoutout to my amazing co-mods, without whom this game wouldn't have existed or run successfully - kd is a literal goddess taking care of day closes when I ran this game at the worst time possible for me, and SAR HAD A CHILD WHILE THE GAME WAS RUNNING AND WAS STILL HERE TO HELP. Now that's a dedicated Queeb. Designing this game was a joy and I hope we all mod together again soon.

:biglove:

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Amusingly, for a game that had no vanilla, this really was almost basics-adjacent because the vast majority of the roles had no mechanical impact on the game whatsoever and were just for entertainment 😂

• Haha
Oh, I want to include genny's role bc she got left out since she village and still alive technically

Surviving, but ultimately succumbing to the wolves...

1691037682804.png

@genny, Dubz, and a...
village ostrich wrangler

• Love
  • Haha
Fun tidbit: the first night, genny and Zenge both tried to send enchilada hat themed things to each other, which made me cackle out loud, but then the mass redirect took that away from us all.

• Love
  • Haha
<3 I'm taking a mafia break for a while to focus on my new relationship also cause she's taking a mafia break lol

but I'll come back here and play again after my break I enjoyed it thank you all <3

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
They looked at each other, the disbelief and joy shining in their eyes. They'd done it, against all odds.

The fireman slung his hose over his shoulder. "This guy's never done me wrong," he said proudly. "Never put out a single fire, but it served the job well." He'd give it a purple ribbon if he could.

His companion ... nodded, I guess. His companion was a normally inanimate object, but at the fair, anything could happen, and sure, a playing card could be sentient! Why the heck not!

It was the fair, after all. Anything could happen.

Congratulations to the wolves on a well-played win!!!

View attachment 375174

@Zenon, Sexy Firefighter Calendar Man, and a...
CONVERTABLE wolf fire-putter-outer

View attachment 375175

@sheltermed, NOPE, and an...
UNCONVERTABLE wolf blocker and whatever I called mkg's neighbor thing I'll go find it after I post this

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He, too, knew something about odds. And though he'd felt they were stacked against him, he had that relentless puppy energy, and drive, and pure persistent floofiness. Perhaps by accident, or perhaps intentionally, he'd worn the costume of a previous GGOATS veteran, but in a twist of fate, it had worked out for him. Now, he was ready for a rest. A tired puppy is a good puppy, after all.

Congratulations to our inclusive 3P for managing to meet her extremely challenging wincon!!

View attachment 375176

@Animal Midwife, The Goodest Boi, and a...
true neutral 3P whose wincon required that she have licked all of the villagers alive at the game's end, and who only licked the sketchiest villagers for the whole game
Engaged

Thanks for hosting btw absolute blast of a game and the flavor made me smile a lot

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Fun tidbit: the first night, genny and Zenge both tried to send enchilada hat themed things to each other, which made me cackle out loud, but then the mass redirect took that away from us all.
WORTH IT

I had sheltermed and then changed my mind, the lesson is to never change my reads

• Care
Another tidbit: Chillbo's role was, in fact, a watcher and motion detector. He had a 50% chance of it being either one on any given night because sometimes Corgis just get distracted by a tasty snack and see that someone moved, but don't see who or why.

I think he ended up getting watcher results 2/3 times and motion detector once, but I'd have to double check that in his role PM.

• Care
I guess I didn't do as well as I thought 😂😅

I'm waiting for everyone to like my excited wolf gif ahem

My night results last night were
"Night 4: You send your official decree to genny. You have died."

So that means using my night action on genny killed me. @genny you better pay up with that art in reconciliation.