So was it pointless of me to volunteer and do research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Never think you know me, I will prove you and so many others wrong and I will never crack.

Mark your own words.

You aren't a special snowflake. You aren't unique or the first of your kind. Thousands like you have gone this way before.

When it happens, I hope you aren't too ashamed to step up and ask for the help that you will need.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Mark your own words.

You aren't a special snowflake. You aren't unique or the first of your kind. Thousands like you have gone this way before.

When it happens, I hope you aren't too ashamed to step up and ask for the help that you will need.

Thanks for the crocodile tears. And I'm not a special snowflake, I know many inspiring people who were told by hordes of people they couldn't do something and proved them wrong.

You just seem like a sad few of the horde going around testing people's resolve and liking each others posts. Shame on you. As if the people who usually post on this site aren't neurotic enough as it is, you have to go around telling people they can't do things when a lot of them are capable but venting in a moment of insecurity.

It is enough for me to want to leave this toxic site, if it weren't for the fact I might be able to provide support for people a little more easily influenced than me.

I asked for advice and was given lectures and the seeds of self-doubt. It is one thing to give advice, it is another to deliver insults and discouragement masquerading as advice. That's not to say some of you weren't helpful. Even if it contradicted what I eventually decided, I'd like to take tantacles, kelevra, Whale, Blue Blood, ortnakas, MrLogan13, and mehc012 for giving advice without being malicious.

Last edited:
Thanks for the crocodile tears. And I'm not a special snowflake, I know many inspiring people who were told by hordes of people they couldn't do something and proved them wrong.

You just seem like a sad few of the horde going around testing people's resolve and liking each others posts. Shame on you. As if the people who usually post on this site aren't neurotic enough as it is, you have to go around telling people they can't do things when a lot of them are capable but venting in a moment of insecurity.

It is enough for me to want to leave this toxic site, if it weren't for the fact I might be able to provide support for people a little more easily influenced than me.

I asked for advice and was given lectures and the seeds of self-doubt. It is one thing to give advice, it is another to deliver insults and discouragement masquerading as advice. That's not to say some of you weren't helpful. Even if it contradicted what I eventually decided, I'd like to take tantacles, kelevra, Whale, Blue Blood, ortnakas, MrLogan13, and mehc012 for giving advice without being malicious.

While some of the advice given on this thread may not have been delivered with tact and finesse, I think you still received a lot of good advice. It's your choice to do with it as you will. Make good choices next cycle and you've got a good shot.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Join the long line of people that have been telling since I was born I am not capable of something. I was born to teenage parents in poverty. No one had any expectations of me and I graduated top of my class in high school and got into a great college, albeit a difficult one. I will become a doctor someday no matter how many people keep telling me that I will crack or I don't have it in me.

Jesus dude... no one is saying you shouldn't be a doctor, or you won't be a doctor. What we ARE saying is that, at this present moment, you aren't making the correct choices necessary to get there and adapt to the demands of training. Not sure why you can't seem to tell the difference.

Reactions: 3 users
Jesus dude... no one is saying you shouldn't be a doctor, or you won't be a doctor. What we ARE saying is that, at this present moment, you aren't making the correct choices necessary to get there and adapt to the demands of training. Not sure why you can't seem to tell the difference.
The arrogance of the op is so infuriating. Honestly, you exemplify what is wrong with medical students. You lack self reflection, are over confident in your abilities, and are not humble enough to even entertain the idea that you could be wrong. I promise you, it will lead to your demise. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't go into medical school because these issues cannot be ironed out when you are super stressed with tons of information. You crack. Everyone cracks. The difference is that people like you often crack in a way that cannot be fixed, which leads to a whole slew of problems.

Good luck. You are in for a rude awakening one way or another.

To be fair, everything that poster said is correctable. Indeed, they are traits that should continually be worked on to ensure long-term success.

again, said poster isn't saying you won't be a doctor or become a physician. (nor is he/she wrong)

What is being said is that you need to figure some things out and correct some habits/beliefs before you're ready.

Reactions: 2 users
I didn't say you could not be a doctor. I said, if I were you, I would not go to medical school because you have all these issues to deal with, which get worst when you add med school into the mix. It breaks people.

Join the long line of people that have been telling since I was born I am not capable of something. I was born to teenage parents in poverty. No one had any expectations of me and I graduated top of my class in high school and got into a great college, albeit a difficult one. I will become a doctor someday no matter how many people keep telling me that I will crack or I don't have it in me.

I laughed out loud when I read not to go to medical school. I will become a doctor, but I won't just be a doctor so that I can heal people. I'll use any resources I get from it to help other people like me who weren't afforded cushy prep schools and classes. Or had to work while in school. And told because of their circumstances they couldn't cut it or they'd buckle under pressure.

And if you think I'm not capable of uping my score in 4 months, I'll have you know since the last time I visited this thread four days ago, I've already booked 30 hours of MCAT studying in and I feel fine.

I will thank you though, each person who comes at me with this attitude usually gives me all the fuel I need to prove them wrong. Never think you know me, I will prove you and so many others wrong and I will never crack.
Again, Philosopher George Santayana defines fanaticism as "redoubling your effort when you have forgotten your aim". You exemplify this so well. You are so stubborn that you cannot see this huge problem that is right in front of you.

You have a major inferiority complex, which almost predisposes you to cracking really badly in med school. And people will exploit this.

Go to med school at your own peril. I am not the one who has to pick up the pieces.

Mark our words. There is no way you cannot crack through med school, internship, residency, fellowship, and as an attending. No way. Not possible.

Last edited:
To be fair, everything that poster said is correctable. Indeed, they are traits that should continually be worked on to ensure long-term success.
Of course they can be correctable! But some people, like the op, don't want to change because they are set in their ways.