Sullivan University, Class of 2015 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!! Where are you from? do you know where you are going to live at yet?

I'm from CA...nope dont know where yet but probably close to school :)
what about you? where are you from?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey PharmDwillB, i had my interview at 10 am right after u and i got an acceptance mail too this past saturday. I guess we`ll be classmates come 07/02/2012.:cool:

Congrats! Looks like i'll be seeing you both 2012 :)

Last edited:
Hey everyone!! Has anyone received an invitation for a June interview yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone!! Has anyone received an invitation for a June interview yet?

Not yet! I called Friday and they told me they haven't been sent out yet, but I'm getting nervous. I know that they have graduation coming up and are planning an event, so that seems to be the hold up. It's already the 6th though, so I just don't know what to think!

Any news from anyone else?

I had an interview on May 26th and they sent me an email on May 31th that I have not being selected for the class of 2012. :mad:

I had an interview on May 26th and they sent me an email on May 31th that I have not being selected for the class of 2012. :mad:
hey samsmart!!! Im sorry for ur situation!!! But do u mind sharing ur stats with us, please???

has anyone heard anything about sullivan receiving full accreditation status yet?

Do not let the current accreditation status worry you, it will officially change soon. ACPE has already had their site visit for full accreditation and while they couldn't reveal the decision right away, they did tell us to read between the lines that we would be very happy.

Hey everyone! I just wanted to let everyone know that I got an invitation this morning for a June interview. I'm hoping a few others also got the same email! Let me know.

Hey everyone! I just wanted to let everyone know that I got an invitation this morning for a June interview. I'm hoping a few others also got the same email! Let me know.

hi haiku!!! can u share ur stats with us?? did they inform you all of stuffs they needed before they sent u email for invitation?? thank u...

I received an e-mail at the end of April informing me that I was missing a LOR; that was sent in a few days later and I called and verified they had everything.

My GPA is a 3.42
One LOR from a pharmacist and another from my anatomy professor.
I've held a job in a retail pharmacy for five years in January.
I'll be able to finish my bachelors degree in biology next year.
Volunteer work at the SPCA.

Do you have everything sent in yet? If so, have you e-mailed anyone inquiring about your applications status?

Hi, I don't have problem to share my statement with you but I think it won't help you. Any of you guys know about Ohio Northen University, pharmacy program. I have been accepted there.

Hi, my question is off of the topic but any of you have an idea about Ohio Northen University-College of Pharmacy program. I appreciate.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Haiku16! Did they send you an email with a list of dates?

Waiting for an interview invitation is driving me crazy!

Anyone else get a June interview?

Hey Haiku16! Did they send you an email with a list of dates?

Waiting for an interview invitation is driving me crazy!

Anyone else get a June interview?

I was given two days to choose from next week. They said I would need to schedule an interview before Monday the 20th; naturally, I scheduled it as soon as I read the e-mail.

I hope you hear back for an interview soon! The waiting process is never any fun, I definitely agree with that. They've been very timely, though, and always willing to answer my questions, which is so much appreciated.

I do believe they have been very busy with graduation and an awaiting accreditation status.

I'm about to send my application off on Saturday. Does anyone know how many spots are taken or is it too early to be worried?

I am sending out my application to Sullivan tomorrow. I have a 3.5 overall GPA, 3.3 in math and science, I volunteered in a Hospital for 2 years, I am currently working as a pharm tech, good personal statement, and LORs from A chemistry professor and one of the pharmacists I work under. I will complete my BS degree in Biology in April 2012, however, I do not currently have a degree. What are my chances of acceptance or even an interview? I really hope I get in!! I look forward to getting to know all of you, and I wish everyone luck!

Hey guys, I have a weird question lol..... How long after you received the "we received your application" email did they cash out your check?

It's been almost two weeks, and apparently, still hasn't cashed out yet.. wondering if something's going on? hahaha.. i think maybe i'm just over paranoid? lol.. anyways, just wondering! :) and good luck everyone!

I am sending out my application to Sullivan tomorrow. I have a 3.5 overall GPA, 3.3 in math and science, I volunteered in a Hospital for 2 years, I am currently working as a pharm tech, good personal statement, and LORs from A chemistry professor and one of the pharmacists I work under. I will complete my BS degree in Biology in April 2012, however, I do not currently have a degree. What are my chances of acceptance or even an interview? I really hope I get in!! I look forward to getting to know all of you, and I wish everyone luck!

We have very similar stats; I have a 3.4 GPA, 5 years as a certified pharmacy tech, will have a BA in biology May 2012. I received an invitation for an interview next week just recently, so I would say you're chances of getting an interview are pretty good!

I don't know your chances of getting in. I hope they're high! Good luck to you.

I will definitely post how the interview went as soon as I can.

This is off topic, but I think I'll ask. I purchased my interview outfit last week. I'm wearing a dark gray pencil skirt from express (here it is, actually: http://www.express.com/high-waist-buckle-back-pencil-skirt-27928-23/control/page/3/show/3/index.pro) with the matching suit jacket and a nice collared shirt underneath. Any fashionistas care to share an appropriate color for tights? I think going bare legged would be unprofessional, but I don't know which would look more put together: black, gray, or nude.

Sorry to double post, but...

Hey guys, I have a weird question lol..... How long after you received the "we received your application" email did they cash out your check?

It's been almost two weeks, and apparently, still hasn't cashed out yet.. wondering if something's going on? hahaha.. i think maybe i'm just over paranoid? lol.. anyways, just wondering! :) and good luck everyone!

They took a while to cash mine, too. I want to say at least a few weeks, maybe close to a month. I wouldn't worry too much about it, just make sure you have sufficient funds! That was my primary concern :laugh:

We have very similar stats; I have a 3.4 GPA, 5 years as a certified pharmacy tech, will have a BA in biology May 2012. I received an invitation for an interview next week just recently, so I would say you're chances of getting an interview are pretty good!

This is off topic, but I think I'll ask. I purchased my interview outfit last week. I'm wearing a dark gray pencil skirt from express (here it is, actually: http://www.express.com/high-waist-buckle-back-pencil-skirt-27928-23/control/page/3/show/3/index.pro) with the matching suit jacket and a nice collared shirt underneath. Any fashionistas care to share an appropriate color for tights? I think going bare legged would be unprofessional, but I don't know which would look more put together: black, gray, or nude.

Hey~
Good choice on the interview outfit! I say you should go with either the color of the tights shown in the pic (looks gray to me) or go with a nude color...also it depends what color shirt you are wearing, b/c you dont want to look too dark and closed off by wearing darker shade tights. Try to wear brighter colors in for your collared shirt something that shows character not just white, beige, light blue...I've heard those are bad choices...I think either a soft purple or even a soft green will look good with your outfit~~:)

My friend whos a pharmacists gave me alot of pointers for what to wear and what not to wear haha i think i was a more anal and stressed about it but in the end everything looked polished and pulled together. I've seen girls wear bright colors or mis matching top and bottom and it can look too busy and take away from the interview. Good choice on your outfit

hey haiku!!! do u know if sullivan requires b.s degree for applicants because I just completed my courses in community college and perhaps I transfer to an university next fall?? btw, did u reactivate ur application or u apply this year??

hey haiku!!! do u know if sullivan requires b.s degree for applicants because I just completed my courses in community college and perhaps I transfer to an university next fall?? btw, did u reactivate ur application or u apply this year??

They do not require a bachelors, although I cannot say weather they give priority to those with a BA. I hope they don't, because there are a lot of great applicants with just two or three years of pre-pharmacy coursework that are more than qualified for acceptance. My friend told me that she heard some schools really want to admit people with bachelors because it "looks good", but I think that's just hearsay.

Basically, I'm going for my bachelors degree because that's the next step for me. I'm close to completing all my requirements, I love biology, and I might as well earn something while I'm waiting for my acceptance. I think planning to have a bachelors degree just in case is the smartest thing anyone in pre-pharmacy can do for themselves. Had I incorperated that goal in with my original goal of pre-pharmacy requirments, I could have graduated this year instead of next year.

With my personal experience, I think you should definitely consider transferring to a main campus. I have a lot of friends attending community colleges who have amazing grades and good, solid PCAT scores and were denied acceptance to a number of schools this year. I can't help but thinking some schools might give priority to those that go to four year universities. I also read in a pharmacy applicant blog (google it online- it's pretty helpful) where the writer said that she has seen someone from a community college with a 4.0 get denied, and accepted someone with a 2.0 from Berkley. Of course, that's an extreme, and might not represent Sullivan at all.

If this is true, I honestly don't think it's fair, but that's a story for another day!

This was my first time applying to Sullivan. I hope you hear back soon. Please let me know when that is, too. I would like to see all of us forum users gain acceptance! :)

Good choice on the interview outfit! I say you should go with either the color of the tights shown in the pic (looks gray to me) or go with a nude color...also it depends what color shirt you are wearing, b/c you dont want to look too dark and closed off by wearing darker shade tights. Try to wear brighter colors in for your collared shirt something that shows character not just white, beige, light blue...I've heard those are bad choices...I think either a soft purple or even a soft green will look good with your outfit~~:)

Thank you so much for the advice. I think I might go with nude, but we'll see. Might end up buying two pairs and seeing which looks best (or I could wear a different color on each leg..hardy har har) My shirt is a maroonish color, but not the deepest of maroons if that makes sense. It's also from express. I've never worn it so the colors are very bright and still pop.

I tried it on last night, and I must say, I look like I'm about to take the business world by storm. I consider this a very good thing!

Hey guys. I interviewed today, 6.23.11 @ 9am, at Sullivan. My overall experience was good. School was small and not much was going on because the classes are on break but I really enjoyed my time there.

I need advice though...
When I was interviewing, my file (with all my information) was sitting in plain sight, right infront of me, on the table. My "wandering" eyes noticed that my cumulative GPA (3.52) was correct but that my science GPA was a 2.71:mad: and not a 3.33. I am extremely worried because a 2.71 is NOT GOOD. I wanted to say something to Dr. Facione (my interviewer) about my science GPA in the actual interview but I was afraid that I wasn't supposed to be looking at my file.
I want to know what you all would do in this situation... now that my email is over with. I honestly dont think anything that I do would be any worse that the 2.71 already is..

What to do... what to do..

Hey guys. I interviewed today, 6.23.11 @ 9am, at Sullivan. My overall experience was good. School was small and not much was going on because the classes are on break but I really enjoyed my time there.

I need advice though...
When I was interviewing, my file (with all my information) was sitting in plain sight, right infront of me, on the table. My "wandering" eyes noticed that my cumulative GPA (3.52) was correct but that my science GPA was a 2.71:mad: and not a 3.33. I am extremely worried because a 2.71 is NOT GOOD. I wanted to say something to Dr. Facione (my interviewer) about my science GPA in the actual interview but I was afraid that I wasn't supposed to be looking at my file.
I want to know what you all would do in this situation... now that my email is over with. I honestly dont think anything that I do would be any worse that the 2.71 already is..

hey!! can i ask you how many people were interviewed ??? and could you please share with us how your interview went?? thank you very much...:)

Only if you give me some advice ;)

Just kidding.
I had the first interview of the morning and I believe there was 8 total today and 8 total tomorrow. It was just one on one with Dr. Facione and right before hand, a student gave me a short tour. Tour lasted about 10 minutes... and Interview about 20.

Hope this helps!
NOW HELP ME!:p

I recived an Email from Sullivan today stating that they recived my application today. I am now just waiting for my transcrips and LORs to get there. How long after sending in apps did everyone get their interview invitations?

I need advice though...

I don't think the GPA matters after you get the interview... if it's a big deal to them they wouldn't invite you to the interview. That's just my impression though, so you probably shouldn't worry about it.

Btw, can I know when did u send in your application and when did u get the interview invitation?

Only if you give me some advice ;)

Just kidding.
I had the first interview of the morning and I believe there was 8 total today and 8 total tomorrow. It was just one on one with Dr. Facione and right before hand, a student gave me a short tour. Tour lasted about 10 minutes... and Interview about 20.

Hope this helps!
NOW HELP ME!:p

I think you might email to Dr.Facione to state ur situation that you noticed ur science GPA was incorrect and needed to be changed...i believe that's all you need to do to make it clear...

I recived an Email from Sullivan today stating that they recived my application today. I am now just waiting for my transcrips and LORs to get there. How long after sending in apps did everyone get their interview invitations?

Hi jphokeygod! I mailed out my appl the beginning of this week too. Checked the confirmation and said it was delivered to the school since 1030am yesterday, but I didn't get any email from them at all. I don't know how many apps do they receive in a day and don't know if the reason they didn't email me was becuz they have to many that they couldn't get to in one day? Idk but I'm suddenly getting worried why I'm not getting that email like u did when I sent it in around the same time. Did u send urs on Monday thru regular or priority mail?

I sent mine on Monday through regular mail and I got a confirmation e-mail yesterday but I got it at 4-somethin. The office may have closed before they e-mailed everybody.

Hi jphokeygod! I mailed out my appl the beginning of this week too. Checked the confirmation and said it was delivered to the school since 1030am yesterday, but I didn't get any email from them at all. I don't know how many apps do they receive in a day and don't know if the reason they didn't email me was becuz they have to many that they couldn't get to in one day? Idk but I'm suddenly getting worried why I'm not getting that email like u did when I sent it in around the same time. Did u send urs on Monday thru regular or priority mail?
I actually ended up sending my app out on Tuesday via regular mail from Michigan. I'm sure the office just closed before they got to yours, you will probably get an Email from them this afternoon.

I wonder how they know when they have received all of your LOR's when they are all sent in separately. For example I have 2 pharmacists sending in letter and one professor but he is on vacation until the 7th of July?

Ok thAnks guys! I finally did get that email later on today from Carolyn. I guess I was too impatient n overreacting :p

I wonder how they know when they have received all of your LOR's when they are all sent in separately. For example I have 2 pharmacists sending in letter and one professor but he is on vacation until the 7th of July?

I'm guessing they might just go ahead n process ur appl after they receive their required minimum of 2 LOR, and if they receive more later, they'll just add that to ur existing file for more bonus consideration perhaps? I think u can also email them directly and ask what they have for u so far. They told me the actual name of the prof they received a LOR from in order for me to know who I still needed to bug.

hey guys!!! do you know how long does it take for the school to evaluate our application after receiving all materials required?? are they gonna notice us by mail or email?? thanks ...

Well I have a update on my situation guys..

I emailed Dr facione about the science gpa and I didn't get a reply!

BUT I checked my mail yesterday and I have a certified letter waiting for me at the post office!!!!!!!!!!!! From last years posts, I think it might mean good news! :) I am trying so hard not to get my hopes up.

Ps. I interviewed on thursday the 23rd and the certified notification was delivered on saturday the 25th. I sent my application in at the end of April and they had everything by the end of the month!

Fingers crossed guys? Does anyone know if they have sent out waitlist or rejections by certified mail in the past?

Well I have a update on my situation guys..

I emailed Dr facione about the science gpa and I didn't get a reply!

BUT I checked my mail yesterday and I have a certified letter waiting for me at the post office!!!!!!!!!!!! From last years posts, I think it might mean good news! :) I am trying so hard not to get my hopes up.

Ps. I interviewed on thursday the 23rd and the certified notification was delivered on saturday the 25th. I sent my application in at the end of April and they had everything by the end of the month!

Fingers crossed guys? Does anyone know if they have sent out waitlist or rejections by certified mail in the past?

Omg! Its Terrible today had to be Sunday for u! Good luck! Let us know what happens, but I dont see why they would need to pay extra to certify a rejection letter! It's probably important forms w/ instructions that u need to fill out to let them know you will accept ur spot n pay ur deposit...I think?!

Hi, my LOR's were sent in separately too..I think that they have a file for every applicant and a checklist to what is there and what is missing...so after the professor mailed in his LOR after the 7th, give them sometimes then call and ask how many LOR's did they rec'd to make sure.

hey guys!!! do you know how long does it take for the school to evaluate our application after receiving all materials required?? are they gonna notice us by mail or email?? thanks ...

I think it varies to how long it takes them to evaluate the apps...their inaugural class was graduating and they have new orientation for the class of 2014...However, they will notice you via email

well i have a update on my situation guys..

I emailed dr facione about the science gpa and i didn't get a reply!

But i checked my mail yesterday and i have a certified letter waiting for me at the post office!!!!!!!!!!!! From last years posts, i think it might mean good news! :) i am trying so hard not to get my hopes up.

Ps. I interviewed on thursday the 23rd and the certified notification was delivered on saturday the 25th. I sent my application in at the end of april and they had everything by the end of the month!

congrats!!!! Your're in

Here's all my information for those of you that are playing the waiting game. I completely know how it feels and I want to do anything to make you guys feel a little bit better about the situation!

I mailed my application May 2nd... it was received May 3rd.
Got an email from Carolyn letting me know that I was missing one LOR on May 5th... and then she emailed me about an hour later to tell me she has received it, not to worry about anything, that my application was complete!
Interview Invite on June 15th, scheduled mine in 5 minutes (lol) and got the first interview of the available dates and times.
Interviewed on June 23rd with only Dr. Facione... He asked Why sullivan, why pharmacy, and why should they pick me. He then told me that I wouldnt hear from them until mid July... AND THEN..
I got a certified letter notification 2 days later on the 25th, picked up my ACCEPTANCE letter on the 27th (because the post office was closed on Sunday)

As for stats
3.5 cumulative
3.2 science
Graduated from a 4 year state university with a Bachelors in Science
300+ observation hours
1 year work as a pharm tech
I am from Louisville.

Anything else you all might want to know. Just ask. I am here to help! Also, Carolyn is the sweetest lady on earth. I wouldn't bug her to death but if you have a question don't hesitate to call and ask her!! Shes awesome!

Here's all my information for those of you that are playing the waiting game. I completely know how it feels and I want to do anything to make you guys feel a little bit better about the situation!

I mailed my application May 2nd... it was received May 3rd.
Got an email from Carolyn letting me know that I was missing one LOR on May 5th... and then she emailed me about an hour later to tell me she has received it, not to worry about anything, that my application was complete!
Interview Invite on June 15th, scheduled mine in 5 minutes (lol) and got the first interview of the available dates and times.
Interviewed on June 23rd with only Dr. Facione... He asked Why sullivan, why pharmacy, and why should they pick me. He then told me that I wouldnt hear from them until mid July... AND THEN..
I got a certified letter notification 2 days later on the 25th, picked up my ACCEPTANCE letter on the 27th (because the post office was closed on Sunday)

As for stats
3.5 cumulative
3.2 science
Graduated from a 4 year state university with a Bachelors in Science
300+ observation hours
1 year work as a pharm tech
I am from Louisville.

Anything else you all might want to know. Just ask. I am here to help! Also, Carolyn is the sweetest lady on earth. I wouldn't bug her to death but if you have a question don't hesitate to call and ask her!! Shes awesome!

hi!!! did u reactivate ur application this year or this is ur first time applied?? do u know if sullivan requires bachelor degree or not because i transfer from community college and I reactivated my appl for this year?? thank u very much for ur hlep....

hi!!! did u reactivate ur application this year or this is ur first time applied?? do u know if sullivan requires bachelor degree or not because i transfer from community college and I reactivated my appl for this year?? thank u very much for ur hlep....

First time applying.....
and I don't think that they require it but I am pretty sure Sullivan likes that their applicants do have their bachelors. Dr. Facione said in my interview that "I see that you have a bachelors from a great university which leads me to believe that you would do well in a rigorous 3 year professional school"

Take that as you will. I wouldn't listen to everything you read on here though.. If you have a good GPA and either observation hours or experience, I feel that they will consider you as a good applicant. Keep your head up!:xf:

when you call, who are you speaking with? i tried to call about my LOR's and see what has been sent in and i got brushed off saying "o we get so many a day we cant tell"

thanks