Sullivan University, Class of 2015 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
when you call, who are you speaking with? i tried to call about my LOR's and see what has been sent in and i got brushed off saying "o we get so many a day we cant tell"

thanks

Caryolyn is your woman! I've e-mailed her before asking the status of my application materials, and she literally emailed me back five minutes later letting me know what was in. I think they're getting a lot of applications at this time, so I would expect more of a delay, but she really is very helpful. Her e-mail is listed on Sullivan's website if you'd rather email.

I also want to say that I recieved my acceptance letter today. I'm from Cincinnati, and it took six days (including Saturday and Sunday) to get here. Just thought I'd mention that in case anyone else who interviewed Thursday 6/23 or Friday 6/24 is reading this and still awaiting a letter.

Members don't see this ad.

Caryolyn is your woman! I've e-mailed her before asking the status of my application materials, and she literally emailed me back five minutes later letting me know what was in. I think they're getting a lot of applications at this time, so I would expect more of a delay, but she really is very helpful. Her e-mail is listed on Sullivan's website if you'd rather email.

I also want to say that I recieved my acceptance letter today. I'm from Cincinnati, and it took six days (including Saturday and Sunday) to get here. Just thought I'd mention that in case anyone else who interviewed Thursday 6/23 or Friday 6/24 is reading this and still awaiting a letter.

hi haiku!!! did u receive an email from Sullivan saying that they received all of your documents and ur application are in progress before u got interview invite?? I sent all of my missing materials to them last week and emailed to Dr. Facione to ask if they received it and needed sth else but i heard nothing... I also called Carolyn to ask about that and she said the school will send me an email if they need sth...is that weird?? btw, can u give me Carolyn's email address please????....thank you very much..

Namtuoc,
Don't stress out just yet! Their new class just had fresh orientation yesterday and they start classes next week. Along with getting full accreditation, I would say they are crazy busy right now! They haven't done another round of interviews yet so you haven't missed out. I don't think that's it's weird about your responses because I received the same ones. No worries! When did you send in your application and when was it complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
Carolyn's email is: [email protected]

I sent my application in late April (around the 25th I'd say). They emailed me once letting me know they had everything with the exception of one LOR; I waited a while until after that LOR had been sent, and called to verify. They said it was in.

I agree that they are very busy right now. When I sent everything in, pharmcas hadn't even been opened up. Now, everyone is applying to schools through pharmcas, and although Sullivan doesn't use pharmcas, I'm pretty sure a lot of people planning to apply here waited until they could apply to other schools. Judging by the current traffic of this thread alone, compared to when I applied in April, a great deal more people have Sullivan on their mind! I would definitely keep that in consideration before worrying too much!

Since you have everything in, I think it would be a good idea to email Carolyn, ask if she could kindly verify that your application materials, transcripts, and LOR's have all been received. Also keep an eye on your bank account; if they've cashed your check, they've likely begun to review your application.

I know the waiting game is a miserable one, and I sympathize! i will say that waiting for the interview took the longest. I was invited around June 17th and interviewed June 23rd. From there, things sped up significantly. I received my acceptance letter a week later.

I'm looking forward to hearing when you get your interview! :)

Congrats!
looks like we'll be classmates come 2012!:laugh:

Congrats Haiku!! Did u get a one on one with dr facione? I wonder who else also conducts the interview besides him? Did u have a good experience?

To those of you who have been accepted: How long do you have to submit the deposit?

Last edited:
I was interviewed by Dr. Faccone and Dr. Pillai at the same time. I'm not sure why, because everyone else seemed to be interviewed only by Dr. Facione, but I'm glad they both interviewed me. I enjoyed speaking with them both.

The interview lasted around 25 minutes, and they plan for it to be that long. My best advice is to know exactly what it is you want out of a career in pharmacy, and be able to refer to your own personal experiences and characteristics to show that to them. Be prepared to prove that you're hard working and capable of taking on pharmacy school.

They did not throw me any curve balls. My biggest regret is how I introduced myself in the interview. I wish I'd taken more time sorting out what it is I wanted to convey to them from the get go.

I had a million questions written out and Dr. Facione made me ask him all of them. lol. I felt sort of silly having so many questions planned out, but in the end, I'm glad I asked them and I'm really happy with the answers I was given.

Every single staff member was incredibly kind. Dean Tran walked up and introduced himself to me, and really made me feel welcome prior to going into my interview. He really is a sweet guy!

I hope this is helpful! Anyone know if they're doing July interviews?

Well, i got the email that my app was received so hopefully in the next few weeks I hear something back (interview). :xf:

Thanks Haiku16 for ur informative response! Did you already finish all ur prereqs? I'm getting a BS beginning next yr but there's still a required class in progress this fall. Eventhough their website says to apply anyway... I wonder if they would even consider me for interview since that class isn't going to be done til this December

Thanks Haiku16 for ur informative response! Did you already finish all ur prereqs? I'm getting a BS beginning next yr but there's still a required class in progress this fall. Eventhough their website says to apply anyway... I wonder if they would even consider me for interview since that class isn't going to be done til this December

I believe most people apply with pre-reqs still pending, most schools do a conditional acceptance. Basically as long as you pass the classes you still need you will be able to start.

I have already been accepted and I have to take two classes that are prereqs.
That should definitely be your answer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

First off congratz to all those who have been accepted! :) I got accepted in May and was just wondering besides the acceptance letter has anyone received any other papers/forms?

Thanks Chrispharm and Pharmdee11! Hearing ur similar situation gives me hope again :))

Hi,

First off congratz to all those who have been accepted! :) I got accepted in May and was just wondering besides the acceptance letter has anyone received any other papers/forms?

I haven't, and a couple of friends of mine that are 1st years said that they didn't get any information until the beginning of march.

Hi,

Congrats! Looks like we'll be classmates :thumbup:
I was also accepted in may and i havent recieved anything. From my understanding the school wont send anything out til a few months prior to admission, but i'm sure you can call the school and ask just to be sure :)

Hey guys,
Congrats on ur acceptance. I just started my first quarter here..
If u have any question about where to live, school and stuff, feel free to msg me.
And good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting..
keep up the hope.
cheers!!

If anyone receives an invite for July, do let us know on here, thanks!

If anyone receives an invite for July, do let us know on here, thanks!

And in the mean time, remember June interview invites were sent out only a week before they were conducted (on the 23rd and 24th). Hang in there, everyone! You still have plenty of time to hear back! :)

Does anyone know for sure there will be july interviews?

And in the mean time, remember June interview invites were sent out only a week before they were conducted (on the 23rd and 24th). Hang in there, everyone! You still have plenty of time to hear back! :)

Oh, i didn't know they're only sent out a week in advance... that certainly makes people like me that lives far away difficult to arrange all the travel/school/work in such short notice?!

Oh, i didn't know they're only sent out a week in advance... that certainly makes people like me that lives far away difficult to arrange all the travel/school/work in such short notice?!

I agree that would be tuff for me to pull away from class, and work to make it with a week notice. At least they do direct flights from my area.

When did the application start? I just start my application today for this school.

If my file was not completed until yesterday (it took forever for my LORs to get taken care of) Would I most likely be correct to assume I have no chance for a July interview? The waiting game is brutal....I don't know how I will make it until August.

If my file was not completed until yesterday (it took forever for my LORs to get taken care of) Would I most likely be correct to assume I have no chance for a July interview? The waiting game is brutal....I don't know how I will make it until August.

Wow, I didn't know it was this early! I thought non-pharmcas school application starts in Sept! I better get my application together.... I need to ask my LOR writer to send a separate LOR the end of this month. Anyways good luck! Do they have supplemental application?

Wow, I didn't know it was this early! I thought non-pharmcas school application starts in Sept! I better get my application together.... I need to ask my LOR writer to send a separate LOR the end of this month. Anyways good luck! Do they have supplemental application?
I know I wish I would have known the app cycle started so early! I don't think Sullivan has a supplemental application. Good luck!

They don't have a supplemental application because they do not go through pharmcas; my understanding is that supplemental applications are used by schools who wish for students to submit additional information that's not asked on pharmcas. The only application is available online. I could not figure out how to submit it online, and came to the conclusion that you simply type in your information, print it, and then mail it out with the additional stuff they ask for (essay, photo id's, et. cetera). If anyone was actually able to submit it online, please correct me!

I was confused by the two "passport style photo id's". I didn't know if they wanted a copy of my driver's license or what. I called and they told me you could go to Walgreen's and have them take it.

They don't have a supplemental application because they do not go through pharmcas; my understanding is that supplemental applications are used by schools who wish for students to submit additional information that's not asked on pharmcas. The only application is available online. I could not figure out how to submit it online, and came to the conclusion that you simply type in your information, print it, and then mail it out with the additional stuff they ask for (essay, photo id's, et. cetera). If anyone was actually able to submit it online, please correct me!

I was confused by the two "passport style photo id's". I didn't know if they wanted a copy of my driver's license or what. I called and they told me you could go to Walgreen's and have them take it.

Yeah, I just submitted my application yesterday. I ordered all my transcripts 2 days ago. I had to run to costco to get my picture taken. Hopefully I can get everything in by the end this month! Anyways, did you submit your application?

OMG, so when I had called, Dr. Facione had told me that my application is to be reviewed in July...still havent heard anything back...can't believe they take so long. Just tell me yes or no!!! the wait is a torture!!!

so anyone else heard something about interviewing in July?

NP5606,

I assuming you haven't done this before or you haven't applied to many other schools lol. Sullivan moves pretty fast when it comes to the application process. With other schools, it can take months to hear anything at all. I would say it's about a two month turn around (set my application in towards the end of April, interview invite for the last week in June). So depending on when you sent yours in.. You're probably doing pretty good. When was your application complete?

Mine arrived there on June 28th and they finally cashed the application fee check, so at least they opened it.

Mine arrived there on June 28th and they finally cashed the application fee check, so at least they opened it.

Hey! Do keep us updated if u get more inforation or call/email you for the next set of interviews. thanks and good luck! :)

They cashed my check yesterday should I take this as a sign that they are reviewing my application?

After they rec'd the application, would they email you if they don't want to give you an interview? Also, how long it takes for them to decide to give you an interview? Thanks.

@ PHARMDEE
Um, i sent mine in april 29th, they received it on may 2nd. and thanks for the info but i have actually heard that sullivan is a lot slower compared to other schools for example, belmont, i know someone that applied last year in october and heard back within less than a month. I'm assuming this school is the only school you applied to because OBVIOUSLY you don't know how fast belmont is and you do not know how fast OTHER PHARMACY SCHOOLS are OR NOT, therefore you do not know, then you shouldnt go and give advice to other people, especially if nobody even asked YOU specifically!!!

In my relatively limited experience, Sullivan has been very quick. The University of Cincinnati didn't accept anyone last year until December, and their application opened in June. I also know that Purdue, UK, and Lecom conducted a great deal of interviews in January last year, even though their apps opened up in June. Naturally, acceptance windows will vary greatly between schools, but the fact that Sullivan opened their application up two months earlier than most schools has sped up the process significantly. That being said, I am not at all familiar with Belmont, so I cannot speak for that school.

Naturally, we all have different application experiences based on our geographical and personal preferences. At the end of the day, we're all utilizing this forum to gain knowledge regarding the application process to Sullivan. Furthermore, we all may be classmates one day!

While I am not at all in "the know", I would hope that everyone waiting is keeping in mind that Sullivan just began a new school year, and also just dealt with some stress from awaiting an impeding accreditation. Things may slow down for a while.

I would say they review your application very shortly after cashing your check. I noticed my cash was checked and was told they were reviewing my application a few weeks later (they did not volunteer this information to me; I called to ask.)

I know I've said it a million times, but good luck, everyone!

Hello everyone, I was interviewed by Dr. Fascione in May. Yet, i have not received any thing as to my status. I've contacted the front desk lady, Dr. Fascione, Dr. Tran, and only Dr. Tran replied saying he wll check back with the student affairs. What should I do now??? Keep on waiting???

Hello everyone!!! Does anyone know when they might do the next round of interviews? I sent everything in at the end of April/beginning of May and I am still waiting for an interview. Are they going to do July interviews or wait till August?

If you have heard anything please let all of us know that are still waiting!!!!

Congratulations to everyone that have been accepted!

Hello everyone, I was interviewed by Dr. Fascione in May. Yet, i have not received any thing as to my status. I've contacted the front desk lady, Dr. Fascione, Dr. Tran, and only Dr. Tran replied saying he wll check back with the student affairs. What should I do now??? Keep on waiting???

Earlier on this thread, someone said they interviewed in May and received a rejection letter shortly thereafter. Given that, it seems as if you're still in the running I would think? How long ago did you inquire? If you haven't already, it might be a good idea to send a thank you note to everyone who was involved in your interview. It's a nice gesture and might help bring you to attention in the committees minds. I'm not entirely familiar with proper thank you note etiquette; it might very well be too late to send one out. Regardless, I would look into it.

@NP- I understand your assertions entirely, although I don't think pharmdee was trying to be condescending or rude. Since she's already been accepted, her only purpose for using this forum would be to try to give advice to those who are still waiting. Or at least that's how I read it. No hard feelings!

Hello everyone!!! Does anyone know when they might do the next round of interviews? I sent everything in at the end of April/beginning of May and I am still waiting for an interview. Are they going to do July interviews or wait till August?

If you have heard anything please let all of us know that are still waiting!!!!

Congratulations to everyone that have been accepted!

Hey! I had too sent mine in the last week of April and they received my application on May 2nd and the next day they cashed my check. I also called them a few weeks ago regarding when I will be able to hear something back. Dr. Facione said they are reviewing the applications in July for the next set of interviews. So far, that is what i know. if you hear anything too....do let us know and keep us updated. Thanks and good luck :)

Haiku - I just felt that her comment was not necessary to what i had posted and came across as rude.

Hey! I had too sent mine in the last week of April and they received my application on May 2nd and the next day they cashed my check. I also called them a few weeks ago regarding when I will be able to hear something back. Dr. Facione said they are reviewing the applications in July for the next set of interviews. So far, that is what i know. if you hear anything too....do let us know and keep us updated. Thanks and good luck :)

Haiku - I just felt that her comment was not necessary to what i had posted and came across as rude.
NP5606,

Thanks for the information!!! If I hear anything I will let you know. This wait is torture!!!!!

NP5606,

Thanks for the information!!! If I hear anything I will let you know. This wait is torture!!!!!

haha tell me about it! the wait is def a torture! seems like forever
and July is almost about to end, so i'm guessing after they review in July, they might interview early august???

Hi slow progress, This is just my thinking don't take it serious, might be they hold you on wait list or might be they are busy. I had interview in May and they send me rejection after 3 days.

After my interview in May. I didnt get anything back from the school. Im just really nervous and confused as to what's going on. Could they be really busy, or I might be on waiting list???? Ahhhhhh..... Im afraid to ask them too much, but they dont even reply to my e-mails. Clueless... :xf: