Sullivan University, Class of 2015 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to everyone...

when i went i stayed at a best western that was about 5 minutes from the school they had a shuttle bus i just had them take me to the school.

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck to everyone...

when i went i stayed at a best western that was about 5 minutes from the school they had a shuttle bus i just had them take me to the school.
How long was the interview? Is it really from 9-4? I hope that I'll be able to catch the flight at 7PM.

How long was the interview? Is it really from 9-4? I hope that I'll be able to catch the flight at 7PM.

The interview was only 30 minutes, and you really don't get to see anyone that's interviewing that day at all...

Members don't see this ad :)
The interview was only 30 minutes, and you really don't get to see anyone that's interviewing that day at all...
Thanks Letskate,
What else did you guys do besides the 30 minutes interview?
Did you get to leave before 4PM?

I just got my interview acceptance as well! =)! Do you guys recommend bringing anything to the interview?

What time do u guys show up? 8ish?
I can't wait! My day is oct 28

Thanks Letskate,
What else did you guys do besides the 30 minutes interview?
Did you get to leave before 4PM?

You guys don't have a specific time of the day to do the interview? I remember I had my interview appointment at 1pm, and I was done and left at around 1:30pm

You guys don't have a specific time of the day to do the interview? I remember I had my interview appointment at 1pm, and I was done and left at around 1:30pm
No, I don't have a specific interview time. This is what I got from the email. "For your travel planning purposes, you must be at the College of Pharmacy at 9:00am and the day will conclude at 4:00pm, as your time here also includes a tour of the College and lunch." :confused:

does anyone know how many students already got accepted???

No, I don't have a specific interview time. This is what I got from the email. "For your travel planning purposes, you must be at the College of Pharmacy at 9:00am and the day will conclude at 4:00pm, as your time here also includes a tour of the College and lunch." :confused:

That's very different. I had my interview at 9am and left around 945-950. I saw a lady that was interviewing after me at 10 but none of us stayed for lunch. This may be for people who are from out of town and they want you all to experience a little more of the school, since I see it all the time because I live here.

That's very different. I had my interview at 9am and left around 945-950. I saw a lady that was interviewing after me at 10 but none of us stayed for lunch. This may be for people who are from out of town and they want you all to experience a little more of the school, since I see it all the time because I live here.

Mine was not like that either, i was there at 9 and left at a little after 10 and just barley caught the peson coming in after me.

We both go oct 28 and both CA prides lol
Do u plan to stay until 4? I wonder who will give us the tour. Is it like a group tour first then interview later?

I don't think it's for people coming out of state, cause I'm from California... I'm not sure what's going on haha, maybe we'll here from people after Oct. 28

Members don't see this ad :)
They'll provide free lunch. Isn't it great!:thumbup:

hey did u guys email confirm the day of interview? I emailed Carolyn but didn't hear back form her yet.

Which hotels is everyone planning to stay at?

I check on the internet, Quality Inn is near school, just about 0.3mi but I don't know is that the good hotel or not. I'm still thinking. Did u book the ticket yet?

hey did u guys email confirm the day of interview? I emailed Carolyn but didn't hear back form her yet.
I email her on monday and she didn't respond either so i email again yesterday just to make sure i was schedule and she responded =] So many you want to just shoot her another email to confirm

I check on the internet, Quality Inn is near school, just about 0.3mi but I don't know is that the good hotel or not. I'm still thinking. Did u book the ticket yet?
Oh okay thanks! I will do some searching tonight then =] I haven't brought my tix yet but I think I'm arriving tuesday at midnight and only staying til saturday morning bc I have to go back home to study and get ready for my next interview on the following tuesday. what about you?

Nothing off of Bardstown rd is a "good" hotel. Stay in one off of Blankenbaker Parkway. Its about 10 mins away from the school

Never heard back anything from her either
My mom and i stay at best western plus

I just received an email from Carolyn today to confirm my interview. She is very nice.

Hello My future Colleagues!

I'm a new member and have read all the previous comments. I have invested interest to sign up since I was recently honored with an invitation! :)

Few questions please: I see that some of you confirmed with Carolyn to see if she got your email. I would like to assume that she got mine...is that okay? She's really busy and I'd hate to bother them!

Second question: Is the 9-4pm common all day affair? I'm not complaining at all!! I was just wondering if this will consist of possible sitting through a pharmacology class, perhaps? After all, from previous experiences, it seems that the tour and the interview is only max 50min.....

3rd and last question: Any odd/unusual/difficult/thoughtful questions posed in the interview from students that have done the interview all ready?

I'd love your feedback.

Thank you always.

Hello My future Colleagues!

I'm a new member and have read all the previous comments. I have invested interest to sign up since I was recently honored with an invitation! :)

Few questions please: I see that some of you confirmed with Carolyn to see if she got your email. I would like to assume that she got mine...is that okay? She's really busy and I'd hate to bother them!

Second question: Is the 9-4pm common all day affair? I'm not complaining at all!! I was just wondering if this will consist of possible sitting through a pharmacology class, perhaps? After all, from previous experiences, it seems that the tour and the interview is only max 50min.....

3rd and last question: Any odd/unusual/difficult/thoughtful questions posed in the interview from students that have done the interview all ready?

I'd love your feedback.

Thank you always.

If I was you, I would definiteily email her and just double check to make sure you are scheduled for the interview. Carolyn is crazy nice and it would only take her a minute to look it up and email you back with a short response.
Next, the 9-4 is not common at all actually. Up until this next interview session, all the interviews were scheduled every 30 minutesish. For example. I was asked if afternoon or morning was better for me and then scheduled at 9am. I took a tour with a current P3 and another interviewee and then my interview lasted approx. 15 minutes. I am not sure how they are going back this next process but it sounds like you might be there quite a bit longer. (I dont think it would hurt to ask for a daily agenda)
As for questions at the interview, the interview was really laid back and pretty simple questions. There was no ethical questions and no essay. Just simple questions like why I want to be a pharmacist (nothing you really have to think about if you really want to be a pharmacist and have experience!) Just play it cooool. :cool:

Hope this helps you all on your interview. good luck.:thumbup:

I recently received my interview invitation and it asked me to pick from Oct. 28th and Nov. 4th. I picked the earlier date and I am so excited. I am hoping that I stand a good chance of getting accepted. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear from the committe after an interview? I would love to know how many people have already been accepted. I seen a post on here that said close to 50. I know last year they accepted 103 or 104. So hopefully I still have a good chance. Good luck to everyone. Hopefully we will be classmates this coming summer!:xf:

I recently received my interview invitation and it asked me to pick from Oct. 28th and Nov. 4th. I picked the earlier date and I am so excited. I am hoping that I stand a good chance of getting accepted. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear from the committe after an interview? I would love to know how many people have already been accepted. I seen a post on here that said close to 50. I know last year they accepted 103 or 104. So hopefully I still have a good chance. Good luck to everyone. Hopefully we will be classmates this coming summer!:xf:

My orgo lab partner got her certified letter in the mail the next day. But she and I both live right in Louisville.

My orgo lab partner got her certified letter in the mail the next day. But she and I both live right in Louisville.

Oh wow, that is super fast! I am so nervous, I hope that I get a response that soon :) and that it is a good one! Lol I am really curious about this new interview process. Hoping that it isn't just for alternates or something and they have already filled the class. I really hope that's not the case. I guess I will see soon enough! Thank you fr your reply! Good luck with your interview!! I wish you the best!

Oh wow, that is super fast! I am so nervous, I hope that I get a response that soon :) and that it is a good one! Lol I am really curious about this new interview process. Hoping that it isn't just for alternates or something and they have already filled the class. I really hope that's not the case. I guess I will see soon enough! Thank you fr your reply! Good luck with your interview!! I wish you the best!

Best of luck to you, too!

If I was you, I would definiteily email her and just double check to make sure you are scheduled for the interview. Carolyn is crazy nice and it would only take her a minute to look it up and email you back with a short response.
Next, the 9-4 is not common at all actually. Up until this next interview session, all the interviews were scheduled every 30 minutesish. For example. I was asked if afternoon or morning was better for me and then scheduled at 9am. I took a tour with a current P3 and another interviewee and then my interview lasted approx. 15 minutes. I am not sure how they are going back this next process but it sounds like you might be there quite a bit longer. (I dont think it would hurt to ask for a daily agenda)
As for questions at the interview, the interview was really laid back and pretty simple questions. There was no ethical questions and no essay. Just simple questions like why I want to be a pharmacist (nothing you really have to think about if you really want to be a pharmacist and have experience!) Just play it cooool. :cool:

Hope this helps you all on your interview. good luck.:thumbup:

Thank you for the wonderful response. Additional question I guess is if you are from out of state? Since I read earlier that the 9-4 is primarily for students that are out-of-staters. Which would make sense, since travelling across 5 states for 30 minute interview is kinda weird.

Thank you.

I wonder if this will be in groups interview? you know, instead of one-on-one with assitant dean. What do you think?

Does anyone know what the agenda is for that day? (besides lunch and interview??). I'm all about knowing what to expect so that I can prepare better.

I wonder if this will be in groups interview? you know, instead of one-on-one with assitant dean. What do you think?

Does anyone know what the agenda is for that day? (besides lunch and interview??). I'm all about knowing what to expect so that I can prepare better.

I have no idea. I am nervous about it. I don't see how a group interview would be effective I am hoping it is just their way of getting us to know each other better and maybe spending the day on campus since most of us are traveling a good distance to be there. I am not out of state but I am still almost 4 hours away. I thought about asking for an agenda but I don't want to be pushy or bother ms. Reed with anything. I dis try to confirm that she had me booked for the 28th and I am sure I will hear from her on Monday. I am all about being prepared as well. I wish we knew more about what was happening.

Now I'm kinda worried if it is a group interview.

Now I'm kinda worried if it is a group interview.

We don't know if it is or not, but everyone else has had set times up until this point and was out in an hour or less... I'm scared and worried too :-/

We don't know if it is or not, but everyone else has had set times up until this point and was out in an hour or less... I'm scared and worried too :-/

wow..that's weird. My friend had an interview about a month ago but he had specific time for the interview and he lives in CA. I email Carolyn and ask is that the interview from 9-4pm but she didn't response yet :(

I email her on monday and she didn't respond either so i email again yesterday just to make sure i was schedule and she responded =] So many you want to just shoot her another email to confirm

yeah, I just emailed her again on Thursday n she responded that she received my earlier email...but she didn't mention the interview is from 9-4 or not.

Oh okay thanks! I will do some searching tonight then =] I haven't brought my tix yet but I think I'm arriving tuesday at midnight and only staying til saturday morning bc I have to go back home to study and get ready for my next interview on the following tuesday. what about you?

Did u book your ticket yet? I'm still waiting for other school. I think I will come on Thursday night and leave after the interview. What school u have the interview for Tue? Anyway good luck :)

wow..that's weird. My friend had an interview about a month ago but he had specific time for the interview and he lives in CA. I email Carolyn and ask is that the interview from 9-4pm but she didn't response yet :(

It sure is weird, when you hear from her, would you care to share with us what she said please. We are all worried now!! Thank you so much. I am really nervous about what's happening, at least we have interviews, I suppose that's still a great thing and that means there are still seats available..

How cold is it in KY in end of OCT ??? :eek:

LOL... It is in the mid 70's as of now, but by the end of October it could be in the low to mid 60's for the day time high. I am hoping we will have fair weather that day, seeing as how I just bought a skirt and jacket suit for the event.. I am sure I will be wearing a coat over my suit!

LOL... It is in the mid 70's as of now, but by the end of October it could be in the low to mid 60's for the day time high. I am hoping we will have fair weather that day, seeing as how I just bought a skirt and jacket suit for the event.. I am sure I will be wearing a coat over my suit!

Sullivan is undergoing a major lawsuit. This is why I'm skeptical of these new schools. I hope things work out.

The majority owner of Louisville’s Sullivan University claims his ex-wife’s attempt to cash out more of the school’s profits threatens to saddle the fast-growing school with heavy debt.
Patricia Sullivan-Schrenk, the ex-wife of Sullivan University Chancellor Alva Ray Sullivan, is suing her ex-husband and the school, claiming the business’ profits are being “hoarded” rather than paid to her as the owner of just less than half the stock.
Documents filed in the case provide a rare window into the finances of the for-profit corporation, which in addition to the flagship university includes Spencerian College and the old Louisville Technical Institute, now called Sullivan College of Technology and Design.
Enrollment across the Sullivan University System jumped nearly 50 percent in the 2000s, to 8,565.
With campuses in Louisville, Lexington and Fort Knox, the flagship Sullivan University, founded in the early 1960s, is the largest private institution regulated by the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education.
An internal university document filed in Jefferson Circuit Court shows Sullivan and Schrenk cashed out more than $76 million from the business between 2000 and 2009.
As part of a 1999 agreement related to their divorce, Sullivan owns 50.1 percent of the corporation, while Schrenk owns the other 49.9 percent.
Court documents also show the system made a profit of $16 million in 2008, up from $6.6 million in 2000.
Schrenk says too much of those earnings has been locked up in the business, which her ex-husband controls as the majority shareholder and chief executive.
Al Sullivan has not yet filed a response in court to the lawsuit, which was filed Sept. 9.
But in an Oct. 12, 2009, letter that is part of the court record, he said the university’s profits have been “plowed” back into the business to allow for growth, and that his ex-wife’s requests to extract more money from the corporation would “wipe out years of prudent fiscal management.”

All that matter is "Full Accreditation Status" I'm proud if I can be a part of this school.:corny:

All that matter is "Full Accreditation Status" I'm proud if I can be a part of this school.:corny:

I feel the same way! New schools often have hicups before they become something great! I am proud of the founder's vision and I am hopeful that the big people will take care of this "Legal issue" and put the interest of the students first.

Best,

Regards.

Perfectly said!! I would also be one proud person to be able to say that I was a student at sullivan university college of pharmacy. Nice post well said!

:thumbup:
I was waiting to see if the weak would fall...and I'm sure the person who posted that was trying to be more than informative...possible detour some candidates. The truth is...just about every institution (public and private) has had or will have law suits and financial burden; but that is where we would come in as future alumni and assist our school for future students. There will always be predators...and sometimes you will be the prey. Keep your head! And good luck to all. See I'm soooo BLESSED, that I don't mind sharing my knowledge to help another...see you all in July 2012 :love: :p

me too! i feel honor to get an invitation from the school <3

2 more weeks guys! are you guys ready ?? !!! ??? :) :smuggrin:

Ditto! Once i heard this news i was ecstatic!!
Looking fwd to july 2012 and meeting everyone in the class of 2015!! :thumbup:

Good Luck to all those with interviews!!

me too! i feel honor to get an invitation from the school <3

2 more weeks guys! are you guys ready ?? !!! ??? :) :smuggrin:

We are down to less than a week now! I'm really excited and nervous at the same time! Good luck everyone! I wish we knew how many people was going to be there and how many spots are left!

OCT 28th is just a few more days from today. According to the forecasts, it will be cold and rainy.

Can anyone share the questions that you had in the interview? I am so nervous about it

No need to be nervous. You need to know yourself...your strengths and what makes you YOU! I have my interview Friday as well, Good luck to all of us!