Sullivan University, Class of 2015 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats everyone! I hope I get mine before the end of the week..

Members don't see this ad.

I got my acceptance letter today:laugh: Congratulations to everyone who got accepted into the class of 2012:thumbup: hoping to see you all in july:love:

Just interviewed last Friday, September 2nd and got an acceptance letter today. They are on the ball!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just interviewed last Friday, September 2nd and got an acceptance letter today. They are on the ball!
Congrats, when was the letter date sent? I was one of the first to interview in August and still have not heard anything back yet, I am going to call them tomorrow... hopefully they sent mine out with yours, what part of the country are you located if you dont mind me asking?

Has anyone made the SUCOP class of 2015 Facebook group yet? Every year past seems to have one

I was looking and did not see one. We should make one though!

I agree, someone who's good at making facebook groups should make one that we can all join so that we can see who our classmates will be. The other one is more of a page and not a group

Congrats, when was the letter date sent? I was one of the first to interview in August and still have not heard anything back yet, I am going to call them tomorrow... hopefully they sent mine out with yours, what part of the country are you located if you dont mind me asking?

hey...the date on the letter is the 6th. i'm in nashville.

Last edited:
I agree, someone who's good at making facebook groups should make one that we can all join so that we can see who our classmates will be. The other one is more of a page and not a group
I tried that,but Facebook changed the settings around so now people on your friends list are the only people who can be in a group with you.

Has anyone interviewed in August and NOT heard anything back yet? Please, if your in the same situation let me know and if you contacted them, what have they told you. If I don't receive anything Saturday I am emailing them Monday, the wait at this point for me is beyond nerve wracking...hopefully I get something tomorrow

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone interviewed in August and NOT heard anything back yet? Please, if your in the same situation let me know and if you contacted them, what have they told you. If I don't receive anything Saturday I am emailing them Monday, the wait at this point for me is beyond nerve wracking...hopefully I get something tomorrow

You should definitely give them a call in case Ur letter got lost in someone else's mail. I live in the west coast and my letter has reached here since Tuesday this week and I also interviewed the first week of August. Even though it was a certified mail, my mailman had just dumped it in my box without the need for a signature. If he had mistakenly dumped it somewhere else, I would've never known it came.

You should definitely give them a call in case Ur letter got lost in someone else's mail. I live in the west coast and my letter has reached here since Tuesday this week and I also interviewed the first week of August. Even though it was a certified mail, my mailman had just dumped it in my box without the need for a signature. If he had mistakenly dumped it somewhere else, I would've never known it came.

hey!! do u apply to Sullivan this year or u reactivated ur application?? I applied last year but they said the class was full so they asked me to reactivate my appl for this year...i submitted everything to them already and have been waiting for 2 months but heard nothing...no interview or rejection...what should i do now?? :(

hey!! do u apply to Sullivan this year or u reactivated ur application?? I applied last year but they said the class was full so they asked me to reactivate my appl for this year...i submitted everything to them already and have been waiting for 2 months but heard nothing...no interview or rejection...what should i do now?? :(

I did not reactivate, I applied for the first time in late June. I understand your frustration, but perhaps u can contact the school again to inquire about the progress of your application. I would try shooting the dean or the asst dean an email. Also, see if ur check has been cashed? If you've completed any required courses over the summer, send them an updated transcript and maybe get a few extra LOR in, if possible? I hope you'll hear back for an interview soon!

I did not reactivate, I applied for the first time in late June. I understand your frustration, but perhaps u can contact the school again to inquire about the progress of your application. I would try shooting the dean or the asst dean an email. Also, see if ur check has been cashed? If you've completed any required courses over the summer, send them an updated transcript and maybe get a few extra LOR in, if possible? I hope you'll hear back for an interview soon!
i emailed Carolyn, the assistant of Dr Facoine I think, to double check my application status and she told me that the school received all required documents (update transcript and resume, LORs) and she would notify their final decision...but so far I have heard nothing ...I dont know who else I could ask for my situation....

Anyone know when they're starting their next interview cycle? They've had my application for about a month and I'm itching for things to start up again.

I would guess around October because some of my friends who are currently in the 2014 class didn't interview until then and heard back in mid november

Anyone know when they're starting their next interview cycle? They've had my application for about a month and I'm itching for things to start up again.

Have they cash out your check?
Is it a good sign if my check was cashed out? Hopefully an interview email a few weeks later?

My cash was checked on 8/29, which was quite some time ago...

Have they cash out your check?
Is it a good sign if my check was cashed out? Hopefully an interview email a few weeks later?

If you would have waited any later, then I might be worried. However, I don't think the class is quite filled yet. Since you sent in your application a few weeks ago, I think you'll probably be fine...but that's just my guess.

If you would have waited any later, then I might be worried. However, I don't think the class is quite filled yet. Since you sent in your application a few weeks ago, I think you'll probably be fine...but that's just my guess.

I sent my app on Aug 24
They received on Aug 25 and they confirmed that I missed transcripts and 1 LOR.
On Sep 9, they said my app is complete.
They cashed out on Sep 13.

Now crossing fingers :love::xf:

I'm a little late finding this forum but I got my acceptance letter back on 9-7-11!!
For those curious this is how everything worked out for me:
Late May/ Early June I submitted my application (can't remember exact date)
Received an email invitation for interview on August 10th
Interviewed on August 25th
Then, received my acceptance letter on September the 7th!
I'm just so glad the waiting is over it was killing me!

For those already accepted, does anyone plan on working while going to school?

I'm a little late finding this forum but I got my acceptance letter back on 9-7-11!!

Do you mind share your stats? I sent out the application on Aug 18th, but I still have statistic class that I will take on Spring.

Hey...I do plan on working part-time. I've got a pretty good gig already working for an online university, so I plan to just be adjunct faculty. Also, I do free-lance curriculum authoring for a textbook publisher, so I hope that they'll keep sending projects my way. If all this goes under, I'll probably try to work part-time at a pharmacy on the weekends.

I wouldnt mind working weekends a few hours, every little bit of cash is less to borrow.

Congratulations to all those accepted! Our class seems to be growing very quickly. I just asked to join the FB group :)

I definitely plan on working, I don't know how I would survive otherwise! I'm a little nervous about the availability of positions, though. I've worked for Walgreen's as a certified senior tech. for five years, and when I got accepted I immediately emailed the Louisville district supervisor. He said job availability in the pharmacy is very limited, which didn't surprise me at all. Given all the cuts in hours, combined with the ESI impasse, it's a little scary to think that I might not have a job come June.

Anyone else work for Walgreens and have the same concerns?

Also, is anyone familiar with the financial aid procedure for Sullivan? I've heard that if a school isn't accredited, than students aren't eligible for government loans.Now that they're accredited, does that change things? I've always used FAFSA in the past, and really don't know how to go about getting loans any other way :/ I also know that, since pharmacy school is considered graduate school, a great deal more government loans are made available to students. I suppose if I have difficulty transferring my job I could fall back on that?

Also, is anyone familiar with the financial aid procedure for Sullivan? I've heard that if a school isn't accredited, than students aren't eligible for government loans.Now that they're accredited, does that change things? I've always used FAFSA in the past, and really don't know how to go about getting loans any other way :/ I also know that, since pharmacy school is considered graduate school, a great deal more government loans are made available to students. I suppose if I have difficulty transferring my job I could fall back on that?

I am pretty sure since they are accrediated that changes the ability to get gov. loans.

Do you mind share your stats? I sent out the application on Aug 18th, but I still have statistic class that I will take on Spring.

3.3 GPA, 51 PCAT, very good LOR's and they said I had an excellent interview. Also spent a lot of time on my essay, having people read it and I was up for suggestions. I'm sure applying early helped a lot as well. Hope this helps!

Hello All,

My name is "BLANK" and well let me tell you my story. I applied in early June..
They emailed me June 8 and told me that they have received all my document. Great, I thought. Late August comes and well, NOTHING!..no update no reply to my request for updates..so I decided to send them an updated transcript of a class I took...I sent them another email asking if they got that transcript and on September 9 they said, "yes, thank you."

From June 8th - Sept. 20th...NOTHING...
All my files have been updated...everything is complete! 1 missing Ochem 2 class and that's it. Could very well finish wayyyyy before new pharm class starts..
But simply nothing...... NO REJECTION LETTER... NO UPDATES..... NO INTERVIEW.... NOTHING.........
For those of u who r complaining about 1 week - 1 month wait..TAKE A LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>AAAAAAAAAA!!!

SILENT KILL!!!!!!!!!!!!
(no I won't share my stats, plz don't even ask)

Last edited:
Hello All,

They emailed me June 8 and told me that they have received all my document. Great, I thought. Late August comes and well, NOTHING!..no update no reply to my request for updates..so I decided to send them an updated transcript of a class I took...I sent them another email asking if they got that transcript and on September 9 they said, "yes, thank you."

All my files have been updated...everything is complete! 1 missing Ochem 2 class and that's it. Could very well finish wayyyyy before new pharm class starts..
But simply nothing...... NO REJECTION LETTER... NO UPDATES..... NO INTERVIEW.... NOTHING.........
For those of u who r complaining about 1 week - 1 month wait..TAKE A LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>AAAAAAAAAA!!!

SILENT KILL!!!!!!!!!!!!

same here :(( I have been waiting for them over 2months but nothing....who should we ask??

Hello All,

>AAAAAAAAAA!!!

SILENT KILL!!!!!!!!!!!!

have they cashed out your check? If they have, at least you know they went over your documents ...

yeah they cashed my check the first 2 weeks of my application, so a long long time ago.

Thanks for asking.

I applied in May!!! They cashed my check immediately. Received an email 2 weeks later saying file complete. Then............nothing!.....until today
The admission committee does not recommend me for an interview after 4 months of reviewing my stuff....I guess I should wonder but Carolyn has always been kind of short so I am not upset but a little put off that they needed 4 months to decide that I wasn't worthy....

I applied in May!!! They cashed my check immediately. Received an email 2 weeks later saying file complete. Then............nothing!.....until today
The admission committee does not recommend me for an interview after 4 months of reviewing my stuff....I guess I should wonder but Carolyn has always been kind of short so I am not upset but a little put off that they needed 4 months to decide that I wasn't worthy....

Well, I applied in July! Well they said the same thing to me! Whatever...I am gonna move on to next one! Where r u applying beside this school?

Hi PharmDee11,

I applied so SUCOP. I email them, and Dr. Facione responded that I should wait for email for invitation.
I have a few questions for you:
Are you accepted, but will you go to Sullivan and why? beside the fact that it 's in Louisville, I mean other considerations....
What advice would you have for an interviewee (soon to be)?
I am really nervous, because I complete all my pre-pharm class at community colleges, do not have a Bachelor, etc

Thanks a lot.
Here's all my information for those of you that are playing the waiting game. I completely know how it feels and I want to do anything to make you guys feel a little bit better about the situation!

I mailed my application May 2nd... it was received May 3rd.
Got an email from Carolyn letting me know that I was missing one LOR on May 5th... and then she emailed me about an hour later to tell me she has received it, not to worry about anything, that my application was complete!
Interview Invite on June 15th, scheduled mine in 5 minutes (lol) and got the first interview of the available dates and times.
Interviewed on June 23rd with only Dr. Facione... He asked Why sullivan, why pharmacy, and why should they pick me. He then told me that I wouldnt hear from them until mid July... AND THEN..
I got a certified letter notification 2 days later on the 25th, picked up my ACCEPTANCE letter on the 27th (because the post office was closed on Sunday)

As for stats
3.5 cumulative
3.2 science
Graduated from a 4 year state university with a Bachelors in Science
300+ observation hours
1 year work as a pharm tech
I am from Louisville.

Anything else you all might want to know. Just ask. I am here to help! Also, Carolyn is the sweetest lady on earth. I wouldn't bug her to death but if you have a question don't hesitate to call and ask her!! Shes awesome!

Wow,,

I am a little surprise of what they did. Hope I am not in the same situation. :xf:

Well, I applied in July! Well they said the same thing to me! Whatever...I am gonna move on to next one! Where r u applying beside this school?

Hi, congrats

two weeks for a decision was standard. How was the interview, How many ppl were there?
Plz, as much as you can share without "being too much information". Greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Sincere

Hi PharmDee11,

I applied so SUCOP. I email them, and Dr. Facione responded that I should wait for email for invitation.
Are you accepted, but will you go to Sullivan and why? beside the fact that it 's in Louisville, I mean other considerations....
I am really nervous, because I complete all my pre-pharm class at community colleges, do not have a Bachelor, etc

Thanks a lot.

Hey Long0301,
I was accepted back in early June to Sullivan. I am also applying/interviewing at the University of Kentucky currently. I will probably still be choosing Sullivan for these reasons: its a 3 year school (i feel like if I am going to have the same amount of debt but have an extra year of work... its a no brainer), the student body there seemed happier and more comfortable around each other, and because I have family here and my husband is a doctor here and moving him wouldn't be easy.

Advice that I would have for you...
Try and contact Carolyn (she usually gets back to you in minutes) and simply ask her when the next interview cycle will be and when you might be hearing from her.

The interview is sooooo laid back! With the tour of the school and the interview, it lasted a total of about 25 to 30 minutes.

As for not having your bachelors and credits at a CC, I am not really sure if that would hurt your chances or not... I would just explain your strong points (shadowing, volunteer hours, good grades) in your interview.

I hope this helps. :)

Hi PharmDee11,

Thanks a lot.
I'm in the same situation. I received an email from Dr. Facione at the beginning of this week which mentioned that the invites will be sent out later this week. I'm just wondering if you already received the invite. Thanks

has anyone received interview invite already??

I'm in the same situation. I received an email from Dr. Facione at the beginning of this week which mentioned that the invites will be sent out later this week. I'm just wondering if you already received the invite. Thanks

You mean the begining of Ocotber? The wait is killing me ;(

I just received an invitation, October 28 or November 4, and I don't know which hotel is closest to the Sullivan university.
What are the questions that they ask in the interview?
Thanks

I got the email for interview on Oct 28t this morning too :laugh:
I think I'll go on 28th