Temple Univ. Post-bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I applied using my AMCAS, so I didn't manually upload anything but my resume and my SAT scores. How long did it take for you guys to get marked complete? Sorry if this was already mentioned in the thread.
1.5 weeks for me

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied using my AMCAS, so I didn't manually upload anything but my resume and my SAT scores. How long did it take for you guys to get marked complete? Sorry if this was already mentioned in the thread.
Mine was slightly delayed because I completed my application right before the Christmas break. But 1-2 weeks seems like the Avg processing time if you leverage you AMCAS.

How did you do that? I applied to TUSM so this would be helpful to speed things up

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you do that? I applied to TUSM so this would be helpful to speed things up

Apply using AMCAS? I just included my AAMC ID number where they asked for it. I think everything transfers over. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Apply using AMCAS? I just included my AAMC ID number where they asked for it. I think everything transfers over. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?
Pretty much.

Ah yeah, just saw that. Didn't get that far yet in the app lol. Thanks guys

They sent out invites last Thursday. Perhaps they might send them out again tomorrow. Probably just wishful thinking tho.

For those students that have received interview invites, did you application status change, or does it it still say "application received and payment verified?"

For those students that have received interview invites, did you application status change, or does it it still say "application received and payment verified?"

It's still "application received and payment verified"

Hi all, I''ve been complete since mid-January. Should I call the office and find out if they made a decision? Idk what to say to them if I call

Hi all, I''ve been complete since mid-January. Should I call the office and find out if they made a decision? Idk what to say to them if I call

They probably will give you a canned response that they are reviewing all applications. I doubt they will straight up tell you if they reviewed your app. But I'm just inferring here.

For anyone interested, I called the ACMS office this morning. I got nothing of importance. They said to expect an invitation to interview 2 weeks before the interview date (to which I explained how ridiculous that is for anyone not in the great Philadelphia area). They said no ACMS invitations had been sent out yet (which is a lie apparently) because they were only doing BCMS. They also said that they would be heavily getting into ACMS applications in the upcoming weeks and months. I did not talk with Dr. Hershman. Take this information with a grain of salt.

I talked with a student who ended up doing the Georgetown SMP program but had been accepted into the Temple ACMS program as well. She got her invite extremely late (..June if I recall) so I would generally keep your hopes up if you're still waiting.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone interested, I called the ACMS office this morning. I got nothing of importance. They said to expect an invitation to interview 2 weeks before the interview date (to which I explained how ridiculous that is for anyone not in the great Philadelphia area). They said no ACMS invitations had been sent out yet (which is a lie apparently) because they were only doing BCMS. They also said that they would be heavily getting into ACMS applications in the upcoming weeks and months. I did not talk with Dr. Hershman. Take this information with a grain of salt.

I talked with a student who ended up doing the Georgetown SMP program but had been accepted into the Temple ACMS program as well. She got her invite extremely late (..June if I recall) so I would generally keep your hopes up if you're still waiting.

Thanks for sharing

I believe I read it somewhere, but have not been able to find it again; can anyone inform me of how long it takes between uploading a document through "send us stuff" until it appears as being received under "materials received?" Thanks in advance!

I believe I read it somewhere, but have not been able to find it again; can anyone inform me of how long it takes between uploading a document through "send us stuff" until it appears as being received under "materials received?" Thanks in advance!

Getting the "Y's" takes time. For me, it took 1.5 weeks total to get the completion email. This was in Feb so it may take longer now or shorter, depending on volume.

Has anyone else who submitted through AMCAS awhile ago also not gotten Y's on their materials? I received a complete email and everything in February, but now I am getting paranoid as interviews are popping up.
I submitted a few weeks ago. Admissions says that it'll take a while to get AMCAS from med school. They don't know when. They'll take into account when you submitted, so don't worry

Thanks. They said they had received all my stuff and that I was complete, I just don't have Y's on my application page. Were you marked complete?
nope. When did you give permission to access your amcas/complete

Thanks. They said they had received all my stuff and that I was complete, I just don't have Y's on my application page. Were you marked complete?
So I have the opposite problem...I have all of the Y's but did not receive the complete email o_O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am seeing the stats of the people accepted and I wanna go cry in a corner. My stats are ugly which is why I am looking for a post bacc, but to second someone else's comment, some people with pretty good numbers get rejected from medical schools.

Good luck to everyone on the cycle, I was completed 2/4/15. Should be getting an interview soon.

Why on earth would they say that no ACMS interviews have gone out when others on this thread have said they interviewed for ACMS? Either Temple is lying (which I find rather hard to believe) or SDN members are lying (and I have no clue why anyone would do this).

I'd be willing to bet that it's a general policy (similar to how medical school admission offices work) to just deflect those types of questions. It would not surprise me at all if they "lied" about accepting people or that the person who told me didn't even know. If they give me hope that it's coming soon, I'm sure there's some over zealous students out there who would call them everyday which to be honest just makes their jobs harder.

From what I've heard, the program is a little disorganized on the admissions front and they you just need to hang in there and wait.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone received an interview invite within the last two weeks?

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone else miss the 800 character limit? Going to email an apology and ask what I should do about it.....

I don't recall seeing anything about a character limit

Hey all!

I wanted to know if anyone applied to the ACMS without MCAT scores? I know its not a requriement but am not sure how bad it looks if you never took it. I recently submitted a few weeks ago but am a little nervous because I have no MCAT scores to submit. Anyone in the same boat?

Good luck to all who applied!

I know I am being a little impatient but I was complete back in early February. My mcat is lower than their average so I'm just going to assume a silent reject. I advise anyone whose has their averages or has lower to just assume a silent rejection. Their acceptance rate is far too low to think otherwise.

Good luck regardless.

Hey all!

I wanted to know if anyone applied to the ACMS without MCAT scores? I know its not a requriement but am not sure how bad it looks if you never took it. I recently submitted a few weeks ago but am a little nervous because I have no MCAT scores to submit. Anyone in the same boat?

@nbMD1016 I submitted without MCAT as well. I'm taking the MCAT next weekend, which I indicated on my application. Idk if they're going to wait for the score or not to make a decision on my application.
It probably doesn't look very good all things considered, but if you have a killer GPA, that might help? I'm not sure. This program seems ridiculously high in their GPA/MCAT acceptances; most of these folks could get into a medical school with those scores.

Hey all!

MCAT score is not required. Though, if you took it, you must submit it.

I know I am being a little impatient but I was complete back in early February. My mcat is lower than their average so I'm just going to assume a silent reject. I advise anyone whose has their averages or has lower to just assume a silent rejection. Their acceptance rate is far too low to think otherwise.

Good luck regardless.

Don't be so negative. They're still focusing on the BCMS stuff right now. Class starts May 11 for them which is not that far away. ACMS does not start until August 24, plenty of time. If you haven't receive a rejection/denial e-mail, you are still being considered!

Don't be so negative. They're still focusing on the BCMS stuff right now. Class starts May 11 for them which is not that far away. ACMS does not start until August 24, plenty of time. If you haven't receive a rejection/denial e-mail, you are still being considered!
Agreed!!! I am in the same situation as Potentialdr, and I feel that there is still some hope :)

Agreed!!! I am in the same situation as Potentialdr, and I feel that there is still some hope :)

Yea. So Far, we are seeing a trend of high GPA and MCAT>30 being interviewed, but that doesn't mean all the spots are taken. In the meantime, rather than waiting daily for an outcome, make a back up plan like what plans is there for the summer? What hobby you like to learn? Don't let your days go by being dreadful about this. I have read previous threads where there were applicants that were completed in January and did not hear back until May or June. Though, there are chances where you won't receive a rejection e-mail until July, but at least that tells you, you are one of the competitive applicants. You were not eliminated early on. There is hope!

Would anyone suggest applying now for the current app (well within the next week) or should I wait until Oct for the next cycle? I'm planning on applying to medical schools and SMPs for the 2015-2016 cycle, but wasn't sure if this was a viable option at this point in time. Thanks.

@MedBlue515 I would still apply. I haven't heard much from anyone about getting invites for interviews or acceptances. This program's admin is a little unorganized from all I've heard and read. So I think they might be a little behind the ball again this year. I don't even know if they've started reviewing ACMS applications yet?
Definitely apply, what's the harm done?

@MBH0421 true.

If accepted I've seen things on this forum like "you aren't allowed to fill out an AMCAS" and I was planning on applying this summer, any idea if that's true?

@MBH0421 true.

If accepted I've seen things on this forum like "you aren't allowed to fill out an AMCAS" and I was planning on applying this summer, any idea if that's true?

Yes, because they are guaranteeing a spot for you in their medical school

Just checking in...so there has only been one round of interviews, right?

There were a few ACMS interviewers back in February, and there is another interview in a few days. Have any of those early interviewers received decisions yet?

How many rounds of interviews are there generally?

I've tried to call them a bunch of times, has anyone gotten through at all? I've only gotten voicemail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk