Texas A&M c/o 2017 Applicants!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got my waitlist letter :( anyone know when people have to decide by? Waiting waiting waiting..... All I ask is every alternate called, please update us! I will be going crazy for the next 2 months haha

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Snail mail? Are you serious!?! Obviously the decisions have been made, is there any other way to find out besides snail mail? I get that A&M is gung-ho on traditions, but this admissions process has been painfully slow.

I think I'm the exception, but I am in CS and still have received NOTHING.. Not sure what to do/think at this point.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I'm the exception, but I am in CS and still have received NOTHING.. Not sure what to do/think at this point.

You, dear sir, are not the exception .... unless we both are. My friend got his acceptance yesterday ... and we use the same freaking post office! Still nothing for me either.

Well that's a little bit reassuring. I'm so happy for all my friends who have been accepted, but it's so hard to think of anything but my letter!

Yay, congrats guys! I hope to be joining y'all next year. :love:

Just wanna say congrats to everyone who got accepted!!!! Whoop!!! :D

Good luck to those of you still waiting! :xf::xf::xf::xf:

I got in :)
Has anyone started a Facebook page for our class?

usually someone from this years first years set up the page for ya'll. once it goes up we'll put a link on here for you guys. i haven't heard anything yet about it though

Well that's a little bit reassuring. I'm so happy for all my friends who have been accepted, but it's so hard to think of anything but my letter!

Gosh, I wanted to say I sympathize with you having to wait even more time. I can't figure out the post office, either. It seems like a randomized process. In our town in West Texas, ALL our mail goes to El Paso first, adding a day or two to delivery.

Hang in there and know we are pulling for all of you guys still waiting. :thumbup:

Alternate...more waiting for us...:(sigh

Still nothing for me! Did anyone else not get anything?

I finally received mine, but it wasn't what I was hoping for. Congrats to everyone that got in, hopefully I'll be in the class of 2018!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in! YAYYY!

Question: As an instate applicant, do you have to provide any type of documentation verifying your residency during the following years? Or do they never ask you about your residency for tuition purposes ever again?

Last edited:
Got my alternate letter :(

Is there any chance of getting in as an alternate? How many alternates are usually accepted a year?

Is there any chance of getting in as an alternate? How many alternates are usually accepted a year?

There is definitely a chance of getting in as an alternate. I think last year they pulled to #9 (other 2016ers can verify), but I've known them to pull as high as #15 in the past. It's difficult to say where they'll stop, but I have my fingers crossed for you! :luck:

I'm in! YAYYY!

Question: As an instate applicant, do you have to provide any type of documentation verifying your residency during the following years? Or do they never ask you about your residency for tuition purposes ever again?

Not as far as I know. Pretty much once you're considered in state, you stay that way til you graduate. I don't know about OOS being granted residency for tuition purposes. That is another question/topic...

They went up to 9 last year. I was number 5 so I know how hard it is to wait! But you never know how many they will reach. Every year is different. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

They went up to 9 last year. I was number 5 so I know how hard it is to wait! But you never know how many they will reach. Every year is different. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

This is great gives me hope!!! :D How did they contact you to let you know? Was it by phone, email, snail mail?

They called me a couple days before the deadline for people to respond.

I really hope they go that far this time! I really need to get in! Thank you!

This is great gives me hope!!! :D How did they contact you to let you know? Was it by phone, email, snail mail?

They called me April 17th. The deadline for people to make their decisions was April 16th I believe. She asked me if I would accept the offer and of course I said yes and then she verified my address and I got the acceptance packet a few days later!! One of my friends was #1 on the alternate and she got called about 30 min before me. So depending on how many people decline, you can hear back pretty soon after the deadline to accept has passed. Good luck!!:)

They called me April 17th. The deadline for people to make their decisions was April 16th I believe. She asked me if I would accept the offer and of course I said yes and then she verified my address and I got the acceptance packet a few days later!! One of my friends was #1 on the alternate and she got called about 30 min before me. So depending on how many people decline, you can hear back pretty soon after the deadline to accept has passed. Good luck!!:)

Thank you I'll be keeping my fingers crossed...it's this waiting that is killing me..lol

Is there one alternate list for in state and one list for out of state or is everyone on the same alternate list??

Is there one alternate list for in state and one list for out of state or is everyone on the same alternate list??

I had read in one of the older threads that there was just one alternate list, for in state. Therefore, if an OOS applicant rejected their acceptance, their spot would go to an IS alternate. But I didn't find this on TAMU's site, so you may want to make sure by contacting admissions.

Sent using SDN Mobile

Those of us who did not make the cut must wait until April 29 to talk to A&M about our applications. Unfortunately many deadlines for enrolling in other programs or classes will pass before this date. Those that have been in this position before, what advice did they give in the debriefing?

Last edited:
Hey 2VMs,

What are the chances of getting into the anatomy workshop? I have a TAMU BS and I know we get priority along with other schools, but I'm interested to know how many of us there are so that I can make an educated guess. I need to give as much notice as I can on my lease in Houston, but they don't let us know until May 10th, soooo back to the guessing game, lol.

Thanks!

Hey 2VMs,

What are the chances of getting into the anatomy workshop? I have a TAMU BS and I know we get priority along with other schools, but I'm interested to know how many of us there are so that I can make an educated guess. I need to give as much notice as I can on my lease in Houston, but they don't let us know until May 10th, soooo back to the guessing game, lol.

Thanks!

I was curious about this too. I am #1 on the wait list and was wondering what my chances for getting in this workshop is? Is there a limited # of spots?

I was curious about this too. I am #1 on the wait list and was wondering what my chances for getting in this workshop is? Is there a limited # of spots?

The paper in the packet they sent out says there is 36 spots in the workshop.

If there are more than 36 applicants, entry priority is: 1. Non-TAMU students, 2. TAMU students with a Bachelor's degree, 3. TAMU students without a Bachelor's degree. Only people who haven't taken a gross anatomy course before (such as VIBS 305 at TAMU) are eligible. It also says they are based on the order applications are received, so assuming they'll make you wait until after April 15th to get your acceptance notification, it might be hard for you to get in. If you don't get in the workshop though, you could try to see if you can take VIBS 305 over the summer instead; should be the same material but it will be a graded course instead.

And congrats on the acceptance, I already declined my spot so you're in regardless of what anyone else does ;)

Hey I was wondering if there was a page/place to seek out roommates/places to live for next year? I'd like to live with vet students but I don't know where to look. Any suggestions?

Thanks and gig 'em!

Hey I was wondering if there was a page/place to seek out roommates/places to live for next year? I'd like to live with vet students but I don't know where to look. Any suggestions?

Thanks and gig 'em!

Try looking at ya'lls facebook page. Between now and the summer there will be plenty of people posting housing opportunities. If you don't find anything there, you can always post on there and ask about it.

here's the link incase you don't have it...

http://www.facebook.com/groups/113629682157375/

After weeks if waiting...Just got a call from admissions office at TAMU...and....I'm in class of 2017!!!!!

No not at all...I was #2..best of luck to them, been there not a good feeling playing the waiting game.

Hey Aggie undergrads! If any of you left after undergrad and came back (or anyone else who knows) - did your UIN stay the same or is everyone issued a new one? Thanks!

Hey Aggie undergrads! If any of you left after undergrad and came back (or anyone else who knows) - did your UIN stay the same or is everyone issued a new one? Thanks!

My UIN stayed the same

Anyone else on the waitlist, or friends on the waitlist, heard from TAMU? This is the only site keeping me sane at this point :)

I cannot stop thinking about vet school. The wait is slowly killing me! Just a few more days, and hopefully, us wait-listers will know. :eek:

Just wanted to give the alternates a heads up... I was #12 and just got in :) Good luck to the rest of you!!

I feel old. Congrats to those that got in this cycle! I haven't been paying as much attention here lately. :(

Don't let second semester of first year kick you in the ass.

I feel old. Congrats to those that got in this cycle! I haven't been paying as much attention here lately. :(

Don't let second semester of first year kick you in the ass.

Holy crap, it's hopefulag!

Fellow 2014er! *high five*

How goes clinics for you? It's pretty awesome on this side of the border!