Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
After visiting A&M i cried because it was in the middle of farm land, but at least the building is new.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, quick question: do you know how they are going to contact us about being admitted to the program? Is it the phone call first, the email then the letter in the mail?
I remember Dr. Robertson explaining it but I was too excited and nervous so I didn't retain most of what he said!!! LOL

I actually got a phone call from Dr Robertson last year when I was accepted. Then received an email after talking to him & a letter via FedEx that I got the next day. But I had a late interview and was not in the first batch of acceptances. I believe the first batch of acceptances were sent via email.

I actually got a phone call from Dr Robertson last year when I was accepted. Then received an email after talking to him & a letter via FedEx that I got the next day. But I had a late interview and was not in the first batch of acceptances. I believe the first batch of acceptances were sent via email.

Thanks for the clarification, I am so nervous I check my emails every other minute. The wait is excruciating:scared:...I hope they will let us know soon! :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahh I see. Yes this is the closest school. I guess I'm the only person that applied from Corpus. Still haven't met anyone from the area. Good luck!

Hi there. I applied and I am originally from Corpus too. Interviewed on February 23rd.

Thanks for the clarification, I am so nervous I check my emails every other minute. The wait is excruciating:scared:...I hope they will let us know soon! :xf:

I know exactly how you feel. I can't believe it's been one year already since I was in your shoes. :)

Lisa,

Did you interview on the 21st? I recall someone from Corpus that drove down for 1:00 PM interview.

Good luck, and be patient!

No I actually interviewed the first Friday. I think it was the 10th maybe. Good luck to you too!

Hi there. I applied and I am originally from Corpus too. Interviewed on February 23rd.

Yay! I knew there had to be someone else from CC. Do you go to the Island CC or Delmar or are you some where else at the moment?

Yay! I knew there had to be someone else from CC. Do you go to the Island CC or Delmar or are you some where else at the moment?

Haha, Del Mar represent. :smuggrin: I went there for a little while, and went back to talk to their Biology & Health Sciences club about the school last year.

I graduated from TAMUCC in 2004 after finishing up at Del Mar in 2002. For the last 6 years I've lived in Fort Worth, but I'm a single mom now and am ready to get back to CC to be close to family.

Hahaha... you two will fit in just fine here... That debate goes on daily here.

Though, the last time I watched basketball, Olajuwon was still around. So since that's the last team I supported, that's the one I argue for... Whoooooo Rockets!

Also...

Go Texans.

If you ever hear anyone talking about "Tigers"... you'll know who LSUCPhT is. ;)

Edit: Oh hey! I finally got my 2+ Year Member thingy! This would be when my advisor told me to look up Texas A&M here for tips on the school!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does that mean they will be too busy today to send out admission letters?!

Today is one of our accreditation visits, so I'm not sure how anxious I would be. All the students are in "professional" dress with CARE badges on our shirt while the administration goes through their dog and pony show for SACS. :smuggrin:

will you all be having visits for the rest of the week or only today?

I know we were only told to sport the shirt and tie for SACS today. LSU mentioned on the previous page that they were going to be here on just Monday.

Some of you were apparently told it would be in the later part of the first week in March, so I don't think I'd be pacing the floor till Wednesday evening at the earliest. :)

"Follow your heart, but be quiet for a while first. Ask questions, then feel the answer. Learn to trust your heart."

The answer: acceptances will be sent out soon.

:)

I wouldn't trust somebody with a black cat for an avatar.

I wouldn't trust someone who has two wives on his iPhone.

Or one in a secret society that existed before the founding of this country.

Or one that can't keep family matters out of school emails.

I wouldn't trust someone who has two wives on his iPhone.

Or one in a secret society that existed before the founding of this country.

Or one that can't keep family matters out of school emails.

I'm rubber, you're glue.

Whatever you say... I can edit as I please. :D :smuggrin: :caution:

I know it might be too early but has anyone received anything about admissions? It's killing me to have to wait...:(

Sorry, but I think you guys should do this in your private emails. I think most of us don't find them entertaining nor funny,
I guess the upperclassmen should back out of this thread entirely and stop trying to establish a rapport with our future classmates? :shrug:

I guess the upperclassmen should back out of this thread entirely and stop trying to establish a rapport with our future classmates? :shrug:

Quite honestly, I sincerely appreciate what the upperclassmen are trying to do and the helpful information that you provide. While I understand that getting into the COP is a serious matter, I APPRECIATE the humor. I work in a pretty intense environment and it is a joy to read the banter that goes back and forth between colleagues. I do not speak for everyone else, but I thank you for showing that it does not ALL have to be so serious. I am all ready stressed out as it is waiting for the acceptance letters. ;)

This is a bit late, but I'll just put this here: http://pharmacy.tamhsc.edu/prospective/faq.html#15

Congrats to those who got interviews. My condolences to those who didn't.

For those saying this is not a top-tier school: Texas A&M HSC Rangel COP was established with the highest standards possible in mind. We're setting the benchmark for the rest of the Texas schools (and OOS schools) to follow. The school can still be considered up-and-coming, but it's pretty much established for its young age. As my fellow classmates have posted earlier, the tuition is the least of all TX COP's (and 6th in the nation as a whole), and we have a widely extensive network of preceptors in the South Texas and Houston/Dallas/Austin metro areas. It's a difficult process to get to the top, but you gotta start somewhere, and Rangel COP is doing well. SACS accreditation just passed the COP by today, and most likely, I don't see any reason why we can't continue to get funding from the government. As far as academics go, we've taken the best of the other schools and integrated it into more comprehensive classes based on certain topics.

It's quite all right to say this is not one's 1st choice; as a Houstonian, this was not my top choice, but hey, I'm here, I'm healthy, and I'm making the best of what this school has to offer. I hope no one calls this school a 2nd- or 3rd-tier school, because taking the best aspects of the best schools in the nation shouldn't be downranked.

Good luck to those who are waiting. Dr. Robertson and the Student Affairs office, no, the whole school, prides ourselves in gaining the best and the brightest of all our applicants. And, good luck to those who are applying for c/o 2017. It's worth the wait.

-Shadow-

I know many of you are getting antsy, but you must be patient. They mentioned that invites would go out this week when I went for my interview.

If you think about it, worrying will not help the situation. As I mentioned previously, check here for updates (if any), and continue to hope for the best. Utilize your energy more efficiently and effectively on something other than worrying.

I am positive that someone will post as soon as they receive an acceptance. Good luck to everyone applying!

P.S. - I have no problem with upperclassmen posting on here. If you look back, they have been active in providing information and promoting the school. It may be a stressful time, but I do not see any wrong in a bit of humor.

Dr. Robertson - Call me! :D

Is Texas A&M the first school in the state to offer admission every year?

Quite honestly, I sincerely appreciate what the upperclassmen are trying to do and the helpful information that you provide. While I understand that getting into the COP is a serious matter, I APPRECIATE the humor. I work in a pretty intense environment and it is a joy to read the banter that goes back and forth between colleagues. I do not speak for everyone else, but I thank you for showing that it does not ALL have to be so serious. I am all ready stressed out as it is waiting for the acceptance letters. ;)

That's partially it. We tend to joke around a lot down here because... well, when you're stuck in class for several hours straight in Kingsville (and PharmB uses close to 1.5 hours more than we do driving back and forth daily) and rarely have time for much else, joking around is one way to make sure we don't all go crazy. We see that you all are stressing over the whole issue when there's nothing you can do until one of y'all gets an acceptance letter. It's not healthy, and people who are like that about grades here are usually pretty miserable.

As for "ThePharmD", you're not a PharmD yet. You're still "Pre-Pharmacy". Don't presume to speak for everyone regardless of whether it is true or not. I won't say that there aren't people that will be off-put by it, but if you can't take one little thing like that with stride, then good luck interacting with patients. Unless you intend to stay in a hospital basement, at which point I'd be concerned about the technicians working with you.

Is Texas A&M the first school in the state to offer admission every year?

I think Austin offers it around the same time. It used to be one of the later ones.

Still sad ;( I had to ask my professor to resend my recommendation letter FOUR times. Called the admissions office--they said they were going to get back to me and never did. E-mailed twice and no answer D; SAD DAY

Still sad ;( I had to ask my professor to resend my recommendation letter FOUR times. Called the admissions office--they said they were going to get back to me and never did. E-mailed twice and no answer D; SAD DAY

Oh wow, that's still going on? Did you even get an interview? :/

Did you actually visit the professor at any point, or did you just ask him/her to do it via email or phone? Professors are rather busy and are prone to forgetting things, you know...

In fact, I ran into this issue when I was applying two years ago, so I actually went to my professor's office and explained the situation (which established I was there to make sure she gets it in not because I don't trust her, but because it somehow wasn't getting through and I was already a day late). Because of that, she was more than happy to fax it in right in front of me. I called the office and made sure it arrived.

I'm somewhat concerned that you are just now saying something about it, almost a month after everyone started having interviews. I know I saw somewhere on the Student Affairs Calendar yesterday that there was another interview date reserved somewhere (I'm guessing as a last-minute solution. If everyone is accepted by that point, they likely won't actually use it), but I'm afraid that if you've taken so long to get this resolved, they may not even consider you?

oh I did the first round of interviews on the 10th. I was surprised they offered me one since I didn't have any recommendation letters in (didn't finish it in time + one of my professors backed out) so I hustled to get the first two in and the third one was maybe a week after. I finished my interviews and they sent me an e-mail a week or two later saying that they were ranking me and to get the last one in.
Needless to say, I panicked and seriously asked my professor to e-mail it again and then the e-mail didn't work and then again to a different e-mail (after trying to call to confirm if they received it) and then to another one (same situation).

Super sad ;(

How much advance did you give your professor? It took my professors about a month to complete and send my letters. One of my professors forgot about my letter and remembered when I came by to drop off some more letter forms :p.

How much advance did you give your professor? It took my professors about a month to complete and send my letters. One of my professors forgot about my letter and remembered when I came by to drop off some more letter forms :p.

She sent me confirmation e-mails everytime she would send it. :/ I doubt that she would lie.... .__.

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone accepted!! Welcome Class of 2016!! :thumbup: See you next year! You should start a FB group! It worked well last year for us to help answer questions and getting to know you. =)

Easier said than done haha..oh boy now I am a bit nervous too >_< :xf:

and CONGRATS to everyone who got in!! :)