The Official 04/28/2012 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HoltMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured I should start this thread/support system. Good luck studying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

You never know what's gunna happen don't get discouraged. And if it's any consolation you can't possibly do worse than I did the first time lol. I'm forced to retake solely because of my verbal score (5) when I was averaging 10-11 on the practice tests.

Just take it and see how it goes. You never know! Hope is not lost :)

How about the case one averages around 6 on Verbal on practice tests ? Any hope to get to 8 ? :) That's my story. The only thing I hope for tomorrow is an 8 on Verbal and I'm super relieved.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did practice test 7 tonight, just the physical and bio section... according to scale I score 9-11 on each of those sections. Hopefully I can get that similar ballpark avg manana.

I'm really not stressing, I'm going in there with good zen, really not cramming we can do, might watch a few khan academy tonight, and a glass of wine.

How about the case one averages around 6 on Verbal on practice tests ? Any hope to get to 8 ? :) That's my story. The only thing I hope for tomorrow is an 8 on Verbal and I'm super relieved.

If I can get a 5 when I was averaging 10s it can go the other way! Lol verbal is a complete crap shoot. My problem last time I think was that I wasn't actively reading and I was going too slow. When your reading the passages, ask yourself what they're saying what point they're trying to make and make a mental note whenever the author throws out a negative word. I also find it helpful to highlight names in case they come up in questions and whatever you do don't get distracted. Concentration and active reading are the key to verbal.

I don't know how much I would take my own advice given my circumstances but it's worth a shot

I'm eating a ton of fiber and waking up an hour early: half an hour in shower, half an hour on the can. Getting it ALL out of the way.

Good luck everyone! I am a 6/21 test taker and I've been lurking around this for a bit. Don't envy your position tonight. I'll be there shortly.

Everyone in here is going to do wonderfully though so why is anyone worried? ;]

Members don't see this ad :)
OK guys i'm going to bed. You all try and get a good nights rest so we can destroy this thing tomorrow! Go in with confidence and good luck!

If its presented in the form HF vs H2O water is stronger H-bonds because the 2 lone pairs match with the two hydrogens. More h-bonds per molecule.

Chances they ask any of that is slim. Go in with a good universal knowledge cramming specifics is counter productive.

Off to bed for me now. good luck everyone. let's rape that sh.it

No matter how the exam goes, make sure you keep your head up

Good luck everyone! This was a great thread to keep up with and can't wait to hear how the test goes and eventually your 30+ scores!

damn in 3 hours i'll be at the testing center wtf.

mcat studying = your months fly by.

time to masturbate all over this test

Haha whoa you're there super early! i'm getting there 30 minutes early. don't want to psyche myself out by waiting there. everyone is different i guess.

GOOD LUCK BUDDY!

Mine was an hour away and I live in Florida where it rains every damn day and mother nature conveniently decided to downpour and keep me up all night and I hate driving in the rain. Plus last year if you got there early they let you start a little early and I wanna get this over with. I'm not going in till like 12:15.

Mine was an hour away and I live in Florida where it rains every damn day and mother nature conveniently decided to downpour and keep me up all night and I hate driving in the rain. Plus last year if you got there early they let you start a little early and I wanna get this over with. I'm not going in till like 12:15.

Gotcha. i'm probably going to review some formulas and then head out. the next time i'l be talking to you, we'll both be DONEEEE

GO RAPE THAT SH.IT! BEST OF LUCK!

Gotcha. i'm probably going to review some formulas and then head out. the next time i'l be talking to you, we'll both be DONEEEE

GO RAPE THAT SH.IT! BEST OF LUCK!

YOU TOO GOOD LUCK!

I'm reviewing AAMCs then formulas and going in head first. I'm gunna beat the **** outta verbal for kicking my ass last time

caitlin what part of florida are you from? im near the orlando area, but went to school in pensacola.

Remember, you aren't allowed to use the bathroom between breaks anymore because of the incident that happened a few months ago so make sure you go before the test.

Remember, you aren't allowed to use the bathroom between breaks anymore because of the incident that happened a few months ago so make sure you go before the test.

What incidence ? Are you serious ? You know it ain't cool to kid people in this moment right ? I have to go to the bathroom between breaks for sure. If this is true, I'm screwed !

There's always a lot of wet pants after the mcat....don't be shocked if during the verbal you hear your neighbor taking a slight wizz in his/her pants next to you.

relax it prob will not be what you expect exactly but the testing centers are usually super nice. you get to pee plenty of times.

haha don't be a douche and freak people out.

you guys he's kidding.

anyway i'm off to the testing center (11 55 am in texas). later guys! good luck!

I'm freaking out a little just knowing most of the above guys are taking the exam right now. Please post your impressions when you get home. Was the Bio heavy on experimental Qs? How was verbal compared to AAMCs?

Channeling positive energy to you all right now :D

I'm freaking out a little just knowing most of the above guys are taking the exam right now. Please post your impressions when you get home. Was the Bio heavy on experimental Qs? How was verbal compared to AAMCs?

Channeling positive energy to you all right now :D

GL guys. Been there, I know what yall are feeling right now: :wtf: