The Official 5/1/2010 MCAT Club...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MegaSpectacular

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let the games begin...

Members don't see this ad.

HOLY SCHIT!

14/11/14 O!

I SO don't care about that O! I have been dreaming about a 39 for a few days. I even dreamt I got a 39 two and a half years ago. I am SHAKING!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, the irony between the two career paths is almost humorous. I wouldn't be going to med school to only save lives (I can argue I would be doing the same building nuclear weapons). The main reason for me going into medicine would be the interest in the physiological basis of mind. It's one of the greatest engineering feats performed by nature.

This is exactly what I'm interested in as well (Cog Sci major). Props

1. painmd87 - 2:01 p.m. EDT
  2. Geekchick921 - 2:38PM
  3. mrsolodolo- 2:58pm EST
  4. yiot - 3:00PM
  5. UF2011 - 3:05PM
  6. UrsusHorribilis - 3:15 PM Eastern
  7. In4thelonghaul - 3:19PM
  8. ksmi117 - 3:24 PM
  9. WhiteCoatFuture and Surak - 3:37pm EST
  10. ThatDude - 3:38PM <~~~ MEAN!
  11. DNAdude120 - 3:45PM
  12. kedrin - 3:47 - WINNER!!!
  13. PeachyPhd 3:58 PM EST
  14. Brenner - 4:12
  15. ksmi117 (try 2) - 4:15 PM
  16. Northwesterly - 4:17PM Eastern
  17. Cale 4:20PM
  18. kehlsh -4:44
  19. TACMON - 4:45PM
  20. Don Draper - 5 PM EST

Expected
7 PS
10 VR
10 BS

ACTUAL!
9 PS
10 VR
10 BS
Q WS
29Q...I expected 27-28, but 29 was the score that I was on the hump about retaking or not...decisions decisions

Scores are up!!!!!

36Q

Damn. I told myself if I got a 37, I'd definitely not retake it. AAAHHH!!!!!

33P.

10 Verbal
11 Physical
12 Bio

Lower than any of my practices, but I'm still very happy. Good luck to all the rest of you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Scores are up!!!!!

36Q

do it if ur really confident. i told myself i wouldnt retake if i got a 36, and i got a 35. so i retook it and it worked out pretty well

36R -- 12PS 14V 10BS.
I knew the skipped page (accidentally went two pages forward on the BS and only realized that there were 6 blank answers with around 45 seconds to go) would bite me in the ass, but all things considered it's hard to complain.

Scores are up!!!!!

36Q

do it if ur really confident. i told myself i wouldnt retake if i got a 36, and i got a 35. so i retook it and it worked out pretty well

What he said. But realize that once your scores get up around 36 ish, a few more points really won't help your application that much. I'd rather apply early with a 36 than apply later with a 37+.

VR - 9 (what happened?!?! I was getting 11's consistantly!)
PS - 11 (WOW!, I only hit 11 once on a practice test)
WS - P (oops)
BS - 10 (My average)

30P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HIT 30!!!!! THANK YOU JESUS!!

What he said. But realize that once your scores get up around 36 ish, a few more points really won't help your application that much. I'd rather apply early with a 36 than apply later with a 37+.

oh yea, i forgot that u ppl are applying right now. def follow ksmis advice if ur applying this year, consider the diminishing returns as ur score gets higher vis a vis applying early. i didnt apply for another 2ish years after my 35 so that wasnt an issue for me.

36R -- 12PS 14V 10BS.
I knew the skipped page (accidentally went two pages forward on the BS and only realized that there were 6 blank answers with around 45 seconds to go) would bite me in the ass, but all things considered it's hard to complain.

That's an amazing score considering you didn't even answer 6 questions.

First post ever, let everyone know how I did. I prepared while working full time and definitely would have benefited from more studying or a class, but overall about 3 months of studying, the last month being much more focused than the first two.

AAMC practice test averages:
PS: 11
VR: 10
BS: 11
T: 32

May 1 MCAT:
PS: 11
BS: 10
T: 31O

I'm disappointed with the writing and biology, but I'll take it! Also, I thought I bombed the physical sciences and that ended up being my highest score!

Last edited:
33M but 8vr

I thought verbal was the hardest thing in the world, I was praying for at least a 7
i dont even care about writing,
that 33M is just unbelievable for me right now!!

Last edited:
If there is anyone who is not planning to take the MCAT again and want to sell their TBR set, Please PM me. I really need them ASAP and would really appreciate if I can get them.

and once again grats to all

THANK GOD!!!!

On my last 2 AAMC practice tests, I got a 30 and a 29- including a 6 in verbal.

When I walked out of the test, I thought for sure I was taking it again and even told myself to void it 30 minutes in.

11-11-11-Q

I don't know how I did it. My practice tests were all under that score except two easy ones...

THANK GOD!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH OMGGGGGGGGGGGG

Expected:

PS: 12-13
VR: 10-11
BS: 10-11

AAMC Avg:

PS: 13
BS: 12

Real DEAL!!!!!

PS: 13
VR: 12
BS: 14

sorry accidentally put 15 instead of 14. 39Q!!!

Last edited:
12/11/11/O !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really weird though because I thought PS was hard as **** and never got higher than 10 on practice exams. Also, VR and BS were normally around 12-14 for me and are my strongest subjects, so not sure why I did so poorly on them on the real thing. But w/e. Clutch performance on a PS section that made me want to walk out or void my score was amazing. Should be a shoe-in for the EDP at MCG!

30O
PS 9
VR 10
BS 11
WR O

I'm 4.0 GPA and now a 30O... Seriously, O?? Anyway- debating on the retake. Any input folks?

38P
P14
V11
B13

This is exactly the average of my AAMC practice scores.

I thank God for your kindness. And God bless you all.

Well, I scanned a couple and answered super quickly, (without any time to think about the passage, but still) so there were only 4 blank, I think. But yeah, I'm super psyched it didn't drop me below a 10--my AAMC BS had been bouncing between 10 and 13.

30O
PS 9
VR 10
BS 11
WR O

I'm 4.0 GPA and now a 30O... Seriously, O?? Anyway- debating on the retake. Any input folks?

No. They say don't retake with a 30 and the stats for getting in with a 4.0 and 30O are really good.

Ultimately it depends on EC's and where you want to go. If you want to go to Harvard... then a retake might be good. But for the average person, no. Not unless you have 0 EC's.

33.........ugh. I was hoping for a 35+ and I was going to retake anything less, but the thought of studying over summer makes me want to throw up.

30O
PS 9
VR 10
BS 11
WR O

You have a 4.0 and 30 is NOT a bad score (the O doesn't matter unless you're maybe applying to some Canada schools???). I think your numbers are solid but at the end of the day the decision to retake is up to you. If you're 100% sure you can do better.. go for it. If not I don't think it's necessary. (Then again I don't know the list of schools to which you're applying)

ill post my estimated score: 29
and I think the score will be released at 2:47 central

I may have had luck with choosing the correct time but my score....

09 score: 25, 7V, 8P, 10B
10 score: 26, 8V, 9P, 9B

Pretty upset but hey i guess i did improve....

11/9/10 with an O on the writting section. I have a 3.5 cGPA with a s3.4. I don't think I can do better than a 30, to be honest, but when I took the MCAT 4 years ago I got an R on the writting. Is an O really bad?

HOLY SCHIT!

14/11/14 O!

I SO don't care about that O! I have been dreaming about a 39 for a few days. I even dreamt I got a 39 two and a half years ago. I am SHAKING!

Congrats again.

btw, after you enjoy your celebration, I would love to see an advice post from you.

Good luck! Your dreams literally came true.

Pretty upset. It was my third time taking it and my highest score on practice exam was a 38.

I got a Ps-11, V-9, BS - 8, 28M

I did worse than last time. I hate my life.

Congrats to all those that did well!