The Official April 24, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopelessDreamer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else on here taking it on the 24th? I'm going to start studying later this week. What is everyone else's study plan?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Fingers crossed!!!

Anyone completely done their application yet? I was doing good at first but I've been slacking lately
I was doing well too but the PS is throwing me off. I have my recommendations and transcripts almost in line and a list if activities to put down. It's getting closer!

I was doing well too but the PS is throwing me off. I have my recommendations and transcripts almost in line and a list if activities to put down. It's getting closer!
Literally in your exact situation here! I just feel like my PS will never be good enough no matter how many times I rewrite it or edit it... gr.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys I have question, do you know what the first day schools actually review your application is? Like if you submit June 3, when do they actually see your application after it has been processed?

Guys I have question, do you know what the first day schools actually review your application is? Like if you submit June 3, when do they actually see your application after it has been processed?
not very sure, but i think like a day or so, it depends, some schools don't review and send you secondaries (money) and then review after you submit your secondaries.
On the other hand, just watched Godzilla today, it was good!

not very sure, but i think like a day or so, it depends, some schools don't review and send you secondaries (money) and then review after you submit your secondaries.
On the other hand, just watched Godzilla today, it was good!

My girlfriend and I saw it the other day. We really liked it. Took me a while to figure out that was the guy from the Kickass movies.

why Why WHY does it take so long to score a multiple choice test?! And don't say to curve it, it doesn't take a month! Aaaargh!!!!!!!
Sorry just had to shout and vent to people who feel my pain...
can. not. wait.

Reactions: 1 users
This may have already been asked, but how are yall fillling out the WORK/ACTIVITIES section? Are you using all the characters? I was simply copying and pasting from my CV ,but putting more info for my most meaningful activities. :unsure::help:

I believe they send the 1st round of applications off in late June(19th-30th). Its a video on the AMCAS website that says something about it.

This may have already been asked, but how are yall fillling out the WORK/ACTIVITIES section? Are you using all the characters? I was simply copying and pasting from my CV ,but putting more info for my most meaningful activities. :unsure::help:
I wasn't sure what to do either. I made each activity into a mini essay and am using most of the space. Not sure!?

Members don't see this ad :)
just screwed up my first job interview in 3 years, but its alright, may i do better next time.

Way better than acing an interview for a city job, getting your ID picture taken, and background check started, to later find out they can no longer wait 1mo for you to finish studying for a "test."

Now, I sit here thinking about how I just turned down the highest paying job opportunity I've ever had for the MCAT.

Hopefully, I hear from Startbucks, even though I know nothing about coffee. lol

Last edited:
Hey guys,

On the MCAT website, does it tell you when you'll be receiving your scores? I don't see anything like that.

This is the longest wait ever. I've been following this thread since the day i took the MCAT. I feel so bad about this exam. PS wasn't so bad. I don't remember verbal or bio but I feel like I did terrible. I would be okay with a balanced 27. (10/9/8)

4 more days

This is the longest wait ever. I've been following this thread since the day i took the MCAT. I feel so bad about this exam. PS wasn't so bad. I don't remember verbal or bio but I feel like I did terrible. I would be okay with a balanced 27. (10/9/8)

4 more days
The wait was bearable in the beginning because I was distracted by school, but now that I'm on summer vacation I keep thinking about it. Ahh I can't wait!

3 days... Already made my game plan. My fiance is going to look at them for me and tell me what they are. I don't know why by that makes me feel a little bit better haha. Anyone else have a plan???

3 days... Already made my game plan. My fiance is going to look at them for me and tell me what they are. I don't know why by that makes me feel a little bit better haha. Anyone else have a plan???
Wow that is gutsy of you! My gf offered to do that but I would hate to have her see such a look of disappointment on my face if I got a mid 20 score lol...instead we are gonna have a night out and then Ill look at it afterwords...

Its such a game, cuz it is what it is...

Finished my personal statements (MD and DO) and got all transcripts (again MD and DO) and important letters of recommendation (MD). Now I just better get over a 28 and Ill be a happy camper!

This wait is killer. The number is going to determine which schools I cut from my list of 35! Maybe they'll be early?

nothing much we can do about it now, regardless, our lives won't stop here. Everyone is born on this earth for a reason.

Finished my personal statements (MD and DO) and got all transcripts (again MD and DO) and important letters of recommendation (MD). Now I just better get over a 28 and Ill be a happy camper!

Does AACOMAS require different LORs than AMCAS? I wasn't planning to apply DO, but I've started to fill the application out by copying and pasting from AMCAS.

This wait is killer. The number is going to determine which schools I cut from my list of 35! Maybe they'll be early?
I am right there with you! I have a good feeling my scores will be too low for most of my reach schools. We will see though!

welcome to one of the most anticipated weeks of our lives so far. may the odds be on our sides

I know there are more appropriate SDN subsites to post this on, but I feel some sort of suicide-pact/reverse-eskimo-siblings camaraderie with you guys:

For the PS, many of the resource sites I have been to say not to "repeat anything that's on the rest of the application/work/activities sections" on the PS.

I don't understand this advice. Then should we be choosing to put some meaningful activity only on the PS or Work section? Do people not write about meaningful activities that have helped them choose medicine?

Thanks

I know there are more appropriate SDN subsites to post this on, but I feel some sort of suicide-pact/reverse-eskimo-siblings camaraderie with you guys:

For the PS, many of the resource sites I have been to say not to "repeat anything that's on the rest of the application/work/activities sections" on the PS.

I don't understand this advice. Then should we be choosing to put some meaningful activity only on the PS or Work section? Do people not write about meaningful activities that have helped them choose medicine?

Thanks
I saw that same advice and was confused.... so here is what I am doing- not that this is the best way or anything.

I am putting the same meaningful activities in both my PS and work section. However, I am not repeating the same material at all. I am pulling out different lessons on each and using different examples.

Not sure if this helps. Anyone else do this?

Anyone else checking the website just in case they posted the scores early? Even though it's a holiday?!

I am going to spend next 48 hours making a list of what I will do with my life if I did poorly since this was a one time shot for me. I'm going to make the list full of things so good that I'll be happy either way. Right???? Ya right. Like I would have taken this test if I wanted to do something else.

The kind of tricky part about getting your exams during this time is that you have little time adjust/create your school lists, since so much depends on it. I'll have like 3 days to figure all my stuff out.

Still working on PS and Work/Activities too.

Anyone else checking the website just in case they posted the scores early? Even though it's a holiday?!

I am going to spend next 48 hours making a list of what I will do with my life if I did poorly since this was a one time shot for me. I'm going to make the list full of things so good that I'll be happy either way. Right???? Ya right. Like I would have taken this test if I wanted to do something else.
I have checked twice today too.... I had a dream last night that I got a 30 so I am all excited now haha

I have checked twice today too.... I had a dream last night that I got a 30 so I am all excited now haha

i had a dream i got a 9/8/9, but in my dream when i added them up, i got a 27, instead of 26 which it would be. I am hoping for higher, but 27-28 was my AAMC average. Retake is not an option for me (unless I score a 23 or below).. there is too much emotion riding on this, and I will just walk away if I dont do well at this point.

I'm subscribing to this thread again.

one.... more.... day.

So what are everyone's plans the night of? Are you opening them as soon as they are released!?

i have to open as soon as they release.. This wait is crazy. We went from it'll be out in 4 weeks to it'll be out tomorrow

I really want to delete all the audio osmosis things off my phone.

I feel you. I can't put my phone on shuffle in the car without hearing those two guys. The struggle is so real.

I'm gonna be at the hospital when they come out. Idk how I'm gonna get through my shift without checking my phone.