*** The Official ASDOH Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

so in the one month and two days since july 13th, 8 weeks have passed?

this is what you're saying?

Members don't see this ad.

so in the one month and two days since july 13th, 8 weeks have passed?

this is what you're saying?

LOL MY bad. I got my weeks and months mixed up:smuggrin:

Please understand, It's been a stressful cycle.

i know. everyone in our position knows how much of a suck this part is. the time dilation for this specific point of the process is extreme and excruciating, but you gotta keep it together.

we're all gonna make it.

Members don't see this ad :)
FINALLY!!! Started this thread now I get to post my own interview invite on it :D

Thanks!! Good Luck with your interviews

Anyone else disappointed that they're interviewing Tuesday/Thursday? If I'm visiting Arizona, I at least want the interview day+the weekend. Now it's blowing a third of my month's salary on a plane ticket for a single day.

Congrats. Would you mind sharing your stats? Also anyone that got an interview how did they contact you? I haven't checked the mail today (not close to home but I haven't got a call). I'm worried now!

got mine today via snail mail.

i'm 0-for-arizona this cycle.

Ferneezy, at least you still have the Case interview right?

if you dont mind me asking what were your community service hours. I have a ton from two services over a lot of years, but after hearing somebody have 6,000+ i might be join the SMC (snail mail club):(

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry to hear about the recent rejections. For those who recieved interview invites as well as those that recieved rejections, how many weeks after recieving the app under review email did you recieve a decision?

Ferneezy, at least you still have the Case interview right?

if you dont mind me asking what were your community service hours. I have a ton from two services over a lot of years, but after hearing somebody have 6,000+ i might be join the SMC (snail mail club):(

had to log back into aadsas for the first time in a while and dig around for a calculator to answer this.

documented on my app i was closing in on 600 hours (mostly for the underserved), but i somehow doubt that's relevant in their decision. they could have bounced me for my gpa, or that half of my pre-reqs are, in fact, much older than 5 years. it's not like they tell you why, they simply keep it to a "thanks, but no thanks".

shame, i would have liked to return to my childhood state.

I was in the first batch mail out but I had a problem with one of my LORs so I didn't get an app complete email until 7/18 and I got my interview invite 8/19.

Stats are pretty average. I took the DAT twice. Last year I applied with a 17AA/18TS/22PAT and got ZERO interviews and this year I'm applying with a 20AA/19TS/22PAT and currently have 5 interviews so far.

As for the 6,000+ volunteer hours, I only have that amount because I've been working almost every week since I was 16 (now 24) at the same volunteer organization so the hours have added up over time. I now run the organization so I have no option but to put in double time. Which I hope makes up for the fact that I have NO research experience. :eek:

I'm sure you guys have applied to other schools so keep your heads up and where ever you're supposed to be you'll definitely end up!!! Stay positive and don't give up

I was in the first batch mail out but I had a problem with one of my LORs so I didn't get an app complete email until 7/18 and I got my interview invite 8/19.

Stats are pretty average. I took the DAT twice. Last year I applied with a 17AA/18TS/22PAT and got ZERO interviews and this year I'm applying with a 20AA/19TS/22PAT and currently have 5 interviews so far.

As for the 6,000+ volunteer hours, I only have that amount because I've been working almost every week since I was 16 (now 24) at the same volunteer organization so the hours have added up over time. I now run the organization so I have no option but to put in double time. Which I hope makes up for the fact that I have NO research experience. :eek:

I'm sure you guys have applied to other schools so keep your heads up and where ever you're supposed to be you'll definitely end up!!! Stay positive and don't give up

Few schools care about research. Not that many applicants will actually have research experience. Good job on this year though.

Anyone else disappointed that they're interviewing Tuesday/Thursday? If I'm visiting Arizona, I at least want the interview day+the weekend. Now it's blowing a third of my month's salary on a plane ticket for a single day.

Yes, I wish it were on a Monday or something. But I'm still happy I got an interview at all!

Yes, I wish it were on a Monday or something. But I'm still happy I got an interview at all!

Unless I drive 100+ miles to a bigger airport, I have to leave on a Wednesday, come back on a Friday. 2 days work missed=2 days I don't have till October without getting fired. Or I can leave work at 5pm on a Wednesday get to the bigger airport just in time for a 7:30pm flight, land in Phoenix close to midnight, morning interview, and fly back that night and drive 2 hours back to my place.

Got my interview invite yesterday!

Unless I drive 100+ miles to a bigger airport, I have to leave on a Wednesday, come back on a Friday. 2 days work missed=2 days I don't have till October without getting fired. Or I can leave work at 5pm on a Wednesday get to the bigger airport just in time for a 7:30pm flight, land in Phoenix close to midnight, morning interview, and fly back that night and drive 2 hours back to my place.

Oh man that sounds rough either way... Makes my one day of missed class seem minor in comparison haha.

Is anyone still waiting to hear back from this school? My application complete email was july 13th and I haven't heard anything since.

Is anyone still waiting to hear back from this school? My application complete email was july 13th and I haven't heard anything since.
I still haven't heard either. I got the "application complete" email on July 30th.

I got a letter in the mail saying that my application is "placed on hold" not really sure what that means. Any ideas??

Anyone knows how long its take the office to update the application status? I have been checking online and it still says evaluations I and II not received. My LOR submitted on 8/9 and AADSAS showed mailed on 8/16. Should I wait couple more days?

I could be just getting paranoid.

Just got the snail mail rejection. Oh well at least I've got midwestern.

Anybody know what to expect for ASDOH interview? Thanks!

interviewing the 19th of sep.. in 3 weeks :)

What is the batch number you guys are talking about? And where can I find out what batch I was in?

Thanks

interviewing the 19th of sep.. in 3 weeks :)

Is it better to interview as soon as possible? like for example sept 10th instead of oct 3rd or something because of rolling admissions

or does it not matter?

Is it better to interview as soon as possible? like for example sept 10th instead of oct 3rd or something because of rolling admissions

or does it not matter?

It shouldn't matter as long as its by the time they can make a decision before dec 1st..

I heard as long as its pre-december it doesn't make too big of a difference

The earlier the interview the better, schools usually already have an idea of who they are accepting well before december 1st

I think if you're done before Thanksgiving you're all in the same boat.

I think if you're done before Thanksgiving you're all in the same boat.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too.

I mean there are interview dates open for late september and early october....I chose late September but does that make a difference?

For people with sept 19th interviews what hotels are you staying at? I still need to book my hotel and it'd be cool to hang out before the interview. I get to Arizona on the 18th around 8pm

Is ASDOH one of those schools that just interviews everyone like LECOM and ends up waitlisting all applicants?

Is ASDOH one of those schools that just interviews everyone like LECOM and ends up waitlisting all applicants?

They definitely don't interview everyone, but the percentages for OOS students are certainly not in your favor, even after you've been granted an interview. For reference, ASDOH invited 11% of all applicants last year, and of those, accepted only 21%. Of the entire OOS applicant pool, only 2% were accepted.

Last year, LECOMs %ages were slightly more favorable (26% OOSS interviewed, 47% of those were accepted). It seems pertinent to note that at my LECOM interview, they said they had a record number of applicants and were planning on interviewing 500 people for 100 spots.

So I was second batch and completed the supplemental in July, I still haven't gotten rejected or an interview invite...should I contact them?

They definitely don't interview everyone, but the percentages for OOS students are certainly not in your favor, even after you've been granted an interview. For reference, ASDOH invited 11% of all applicants last year, and of those, accepted only 21%. Of the entire OOS applicant pool, only 2% were accepted.

Last year, LECOMs %ages were slightly more favorable (26% OOSS interviewed, 47% of those were accepted). It seems pertinent to note that at my LECOM interview, they said they had a record number of applicants and were planning on interviewing 500 people for 100 spots.

Even for pre-December? Also, they can accept more people because not everyone who is accepted matriculates....they may go somewhere else.

But are those stats for Pre-December as well? And what about waitlists? I heard if you're 20th or so, you'll get in.

I got an invite today! And I was putting money that they'd reject me right off the bat so I'm pretty surprised.

Stats:
AADSAS batch: 7/12 (3rd batch)
Application complete email: 7/27
Method of notification: Email, timestamped at 11:21AM.
Residency: OOS
oGPA: 3.77, sGPA: 3.64
AA/TS/PAT: 24/23/22
Volunteer hours: in the 300's

Worried about the 20% number I've been seeing... and I've read that the interview is quite stressful. :( Just gotta put my head up high and walk in and try to own it.

Good luck everyone!

Congrats!!!! You totally will Rock it out!!