***The Official Indiana University Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this year they'll send them out on Wednesday. Tomorrow is my birthday and that would be so sweet!

I vote you call the school and let them know we would all appreciate hearing on your birthday! ps, happy early birthday.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I am at received/under review. Have you all been in the same situation?

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine has also stayed at received/under review

Dang I really thought we would hear back from Indiana today! Not looking like it :( Having no interviews is making me way too anxious...

Dang I really thought we would hear back from Indiana today! Not looking like it :( Having no interviews is making me way too anxious...
Does anyone know when interviews begin? I was almost positive they would send some today, too.

Does anyone know when interviews begin? I was almost positive they would send some today, too.
last year I believe the first interview was on the 25th!!! they must be running behind this year.. :(

Waiting is proving to be more difficult than I imagined!! I really hope we hear something this week.

Reactions: 3 users
I want to call and ask about it but I'm too scared haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! Just discovered this thread. I am an in-state student. My status has said "file under review" for ages now. Hope we all hear back from them soon!!

Really hoping for invites this week! Anyone have a rough estimate of when they might start their interviews???

Really hoping for invites this week! Anyone have a rough estimate of when they might start their interviews???
No idea. No one seems to know. And when I called the lady told me that they started reviewing applications once the school started. So I am not sure if we should except something soon or not.

Reactions: 1 user
it's just so weird. this time last year Indiana had already held a round of interviews....

No idea. No one seems to know. And when I called the lady told me that they started reviewing applications once the school started. So I am not sure if we should except something soon or not.
I got an email in July after I had emailed checking on my app and she told me we should hear back in about a month but that was supposed to be 2 weeks ago. Hoping we hear this week!!

this is making me really anxious. I dont know if there being more selective this year and reducing the number of applicants they interview..hence more rejections?!

this is making me really anxious. I dont know if there being more selective this year and reducing the number of applicants they interview..hence more rejections?!
I don't see why IU out of all the dental schools will be more selective. I think they are just behind on processing the applications.

Called IU, the lady said they will be calling for interviews soon! She define how soon her "soon" is.

Called IU, the lady said they will be calling for interviews soon! She define how soon her "soon" is.

lol "soon" is a relative term. I'm hoping it is "soon" though.

wow... did they hire someone new or something?? they seem to be doing it all very differently this year

wow... did they hire someone new or something?? they seem to be doing it all very differently this year
No idea. She was the front desk lady in the admissions office. I'm sure they will send some kind of email notification too. Ain't no way that someone is eligible for an interview and they don't find out! Hahah. Refreshing email 100000 times a day is driving me nuts tho :(

Reactions: 4 users
I don't see why IU out of all the dental schools will be more selective. I think they are just behind on processing the applications.
your probably right..maybe its just the paranoia kicking in since it seems like FOREVER!

oh my goodness. I was at lunch with friends and got a call from an Indiana number, I dropped everything and ran out of the building to answer it thinking it was finally an interview invite... it was just about a fundraiser. Biggest let down EVER

oh my goodness. I was at lunch with friends and got a call from an Indiana number, I dropped everything and ran out of the building to answer it thinking it was finally an interview invite... it was just about a fundraiser. Biggest let down EVER

Just look for a 317 area code (Indy metro) :)

Just received an email stating I need to send one additional academic letter of recommendation. I already uploaded two biology, one dentist, and one personal/lab manager (employer) letters to AADSAS. Looks like I'll have to mail them another letter in order for my application to continue to be reviewed, and mine was mailed on 7/7. So much for being early :/

Just look for a 317 area code (Indy metro) :)
I know! that's where I'm from. The call was just from a random fundraiser from home
Just received an email stating I need to send one additional academic letter of recommendation. I already uploaded two biology, one dentist, and one personal/lab manager (employer) letters to AADSAS. Looks like I'll have to mail them another letter in order for my application to continue to be reviewed, and mine was mailed on 7/7. So much for being early :/

That's so weird! I only had three letters and they didn't send me anything (yet anyway) mine was in a committee letter though so maybe that's why?

At least we know they're actually looking at applications now though... Maybe we'll actually hear something before December now.

I just got the same email and three of my letters are from professors, something about not being written on official letter head. Now to figure out which one so it can be rewritten.

I just got the same email and three of my letters are from professors, something about not being written on official letter head. Now to figure out which one so it can be rewritten.
l would take this as a good sign. If they weren't interested in your app they probably wouldn't care to fix the problem.

l would take this as a good sign. If they weren't interested in your app they probably wouldn't care to fix the problem.

That's what my fiancee said. If they weren't interested then they would've just rejected me. So that makes me feel good. Being a non-traditional applicant my best bet would be to take my resume, dat scores, and personal statement to an old professor I had for a few classes back in 2007. I took human anatomy in 2011 but that professor wasn't my lab instructor so he and I never interacted. What do you think? Old professor from 2004-2008 when I was a full-time bio student or anatomy professor from 2011 whom I only had that class for and never interacted with? Fiancee and I think old professor but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

That's what my fiancee said. If they weren't interested then they would've just rejected me. So that makes me feel good. Being a non-traditional applicant my best bet would be to take my resume, dat scores, and personal statement to an old professor I had for a few classes back in 2007. I took human anatomy in 2011 but that professor wasn't my lab instructor so he and I never interacted. What do you think? Old professor from 2004-2008 when I was a full-time bio student or anatomy professor from 2011 whom I only had that class for and never interacted with? Fiancee and I think old professor but I'd like to hear your thoughts.
Hmmm yeah I guess the professor. I would just get it as soon as possible so whichever you can get the quickest.

Hmmm yeah I guess the professor. I would just get it as soon as possible so whichever you can get the quickest.

Already planned on emailing him tomorrow attaching my personal statement, resume, and dat scores. I have an interview at LECOM on Tuesday so I'm flying out early Monday.....so I'll just say that if he'd like I would be happy to come see him on Wednesday.

I got the same email. I have 2 professors, 1 dentist, and one oral surgeon. Well I can get the other letter, but how if AADSAS only allows you to upload 4?

I got the same email. I have 2 professors, 1 dentist, and one oral surgeon. Well I can get the other letter, but how if AADSAS only allows you to upload 4?

That's exactly what I asked them yesterday and they sent me another email with the exact letter requirements. Basically you need two science and one other academic (any subject). It also said that if your professor cannot upload an additional letter to AADSAS to have them mail it directly to IU admissions office and they'll do a manual upload.

That's exactly what I asked them yesterday and they sent me another email with the exact letter requirements. Basically you need two science and one other academic (any subject). It also said that if your professor cannot upload an additional letter to AADSAS to have them mail it directly to IU admissions office and they'll do a manual upload.
Well great. It has to be an actually letter mailed in the postal or emailed by the professor? I used interfolio for my other letters I wonder if I could just send it like that.

Just out of curiosity when did you guys submit your apps? I feel like they should have told you this weeks ago

Last edited:
Submitted 7/13, paid fee before I even received the email to pay the fee.

Just out of curiosity when did y'all submit your apps? I feel like they should have told y'all this weeks ago
Mine was end of June, pretty sure the 29th! I think IU is just starting to review applications.

Well great. It has to be an actually letter mailed in the postal or emailed by the professor? I used interfolio for my other letters I wonder if I could just send it like that.

I gave my professor the school's admissions mailing address posted in the email. I used interfolio as well but I just told him to mail it on official letterhead and to include my full name along with my aadsas#.

Just out of curiosity when did y'all submit your apps? I feel like they should have told y'all this weeks ago

I submitted and paid the fee on 6/27. My app was mailed on 7/7.

Hopefully this whole missing LOR thing doesn't push my app to the bottom :/ Even though last year they interviewed 70% of in-state applicants, being at the bottom of the review pile would suck.

im in state so im praying for an interview invite. i dont understand why this year is so different from the previous years. My current dentist attended IU and he remembered hearing in August for an interview invite. I am assuming no one on this thread has received an invite??

im in state so im praying for an interview invite. i dont understand why this year is so different from the previous years. My current dentist attended IU and he remembered hearing in August for an interview invite. I am assuming no one on this thread has received an invite??
I'm also in state and know that no invites have gone out yet...I heard they were changing their admissions process this year but who knows. Hope we hear soon!

Just received an interview invite!

I received an email. My interview is September 24th.

Status
Not open for further replies.