***The Official Indiana University Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm instate. Here's my basic stats. Best of luck to everybody else!

Overall GPA: 3.57, sGPA: 3.48
DAT: AA: 22, TS: 21, PAT: 18, RC: 25
Mail out date(s): 6/27, 7/11

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm 3rd batch and last Saturday I get an email requesting one additional academic LOR. I got a hold of a prof on Sunday who said he would be glad to write me one. Hopefully IU will receive it soon and my app will go back under review :/

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! stats?
Thanks! :)

AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7
Application complete date: 6/24
GPA (science, overall) : 3.60, 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/25/23/no

Reactions: 1 user
I'm 3rd batch and last Saturday I get an email requesting one additional academic LOR. I got a hold of a prof on Sunday who said he would be glad to write me one. Hopefully IU will receive it soon and my app will go back under review :/
Well that's a good sign that they asked you to fix it. I hope we hear soon! :p

Thanks! :)

AADSAS mail-out date: 7/7
Application complete date: 6/24
GPA (science, overall) : 3.60, 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/25/23/no
Nice scores!! Let us know how it goes :)

I'm 1st batch in state and haven't heard anything..is this bad?

Situation: IU received my app on 7/7 however last weekend I received an email stating I needed one additional academic LOR. I ask a prof the next day and just got word from him that my LOR is on the way to Indianapolis.

I'm assuming IU will receive it Tuesday or Wednesday. My question is this, will my application be taken all the way down to the bottom of the review pile or will they go back to it as soon as they get the letter? I'm in state and would die for an interview.

How do you figure out what batch your application is in?

Members don't see this ad :)
Situation: IU received my app on 7/7 however last weekend I received an email stating I needed one additional academic LOR. I ask a prof the next day and just got word from him that my LOR is on the way to Indianapolis.

I'm assuming IU will receive it Tuesday or Wednesday. My question is this, will my application be taken all the way down to the bottom of the review pile or will they go back to it as soon as they get the letter? I'm in state and would die for an interview.
I'm in the same situation. I don't see why we would be punished for improper LOR format.

Probably won't. Some schools send invites with a missing LOR, but they want you get it in before you come for the interview.
Hopefully we will hear something soon!

Can you call them and ask or email them?

Just got the interview email!!!! In state love!! WAY TOO EXCITED :D good luck everyone!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Got an interview about an hour ago!!! IN resident! :love::banana:

I got an interview today as well! In state resident.

Congrats! Still haven't heard anything and it's making me really nervous
I think they really getting through their pile this week. I wasn't expecting it at all, not today at least. Keep your hopes up! You might be the first in their pile tomorrow :D

i also received an interview :soexcited: sept 24th, in state. I received it last friday so their slowly but surely sending out the invites.

So has anyone out of state received an invite? I'm really hoping to interview here!

Anyone get the confirmation email for their interview?

JUST GOT MY INTERVIEW INVITE!!!!

So freaking excited :soexcited:

In state btw

Reactions: 5 users
They asked for an additional academic LOR from me on 9/7. My professor said it was on it's way on 9/14. I know it's only been 3 days since mailed but my AADSAS hasn't updated and still says "awaiting additional information". Anyone know about how long it would take for them to receive my letter and update my application? They were quick to change from "under review" to "awaiting additional information" so I'm just curious.

Maybe I'm being too anxious but I just really, really want an invite from this school.

They asked for an additional academic LOR from me on 9/7. My professor said it was on it's way on 9/14. I know it's only been 3 days since mailed but my AADSAS hasn't updated and still says "awaiting additional information". Anyone know about how long it would take for them to receive my letter and update my application? They were quick to change from "under review" to "awaiting additional information" so I'm just curious.

Maybe I'm being too anxious but I just really, really want an invite from this school.
Same happened with me, my professor sent it last Tuesday the 9th and my status still hasn't changed ):

Oh nooo...they scheduled me on the date I put as third priority and it overlaps with my interview at another school. Gonna have to make some phone calls tonight :/

I am dying here. 1st batch in state with what I think are competitive stats and no news yet..losing hope :(

Oh no.... The 3 interview dates that IU gave me conflicted with the other interviews that I have... Would be it unreasonable to call them and ask if they can give me 3 new dates to rank from? I am so scared to call them! AHHH

Oh no.... The 3 interview dates that IU gave me conflicted with the other interviews that I have... Would be it unreasonable to call them and ask if they can give me 3 new dates to rank from? I am so scared to call them! AHHH
I wouldn't ask for three dates. I would just tell them what period you can make it in and let them figure it out from there. And trust me, they have to interview you one way or the other. So..dont worry too much.

Last edited:

My professor mailed a new one on Thursday. Tuesday I got an email confirmation and now status is back to "Under review"

My professor mailed a new one on Thursday. Tuesday I got an email confirmation and now status is back to "Under review"

So that's about 5 days from mailing to confirmation, eh? Hopefully I'll get an email tomorrow.

Trying to get a handle on how many invites have gone out so far. Think I have decent stats, but no news yet:
Overall GPA: 3.70, sGPA: 3.68
DAT: AA: 19, TS: 19, PAT: 18, RC: 22
Also, heard they are "doing things differently" with regard to interviews this year. What exactly does that mean?
:(

Trying to get a handle on how many invites have gone out so far. Think I have decent stats, but no news yet:
Also, heard they are "doing things differently" with regard to interviews this year. What exactly does that mean?
Not sure what that means. They may have changed their committee or something. And I am not sure if the kind of applicants they are selecting has changed. It may just be the process on the day of the interview. God knows. We will find out next week.

Are you in state? We have the exact same stats down to the gpa and everything. I haven't received an invite yet either.

File is back under review after needing another academic LOR :D hoping for some in state love.

Reactions: 2 users
File is back under review after needing another academic LOR :D hoping for some in state love.
That is so weird, mine was sent out exactly 2 weeks ago and mine is still under awaiting additional information!

How long did it take you to get interview confirmations?

Last edited:
How long did it take yall to get interview confirmations? I got mine Friday and still haven't heard. My interview could potentially be a week away so I would like to know asap...
About three days. I would just call them.

yes I will today.

wasn't your interview today? how did it go?
It went really well. The faculty interviewing me was great. It was very conversational. They sort of asked questions out the conversations we were having. Nothing bizarre! :)

It went really well. The faculty interviewing me was great. It was very conversational. They sort of asked questions out the conversations we were having. Nothing bizarre! :)

Was it 2 on 1 or 1 on 1? Glad you had a great time! Can't wait for mine. :)

Was it 2 on 1 or 1 on 1? Glad you had a great time! Can't wait for mine. :)
Three on one! I was intimidated by the thought first but then it's actually better this way. It becomes very conversational if there are more people involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.