**The Official Indiana University Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

toodletooth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got an email from Indiana saying that my app is "under review" so I thought I'd go ahead & start this one off!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Me too! Hoping for good news :D Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I received the same email. Best luck to all!

I just got the same email, I'm second batch mail out 7/2!

I can't get a third professor LoR so I may be a lost cause, lol

I just got an email from them stating that my application is "complete" and will be under review soon, which is weird because they said that I was under review a few weeks ago. But I think it's because they just received my third letter from my professor finally not too long ago..

Anyways, good luck to all you guys!

@BobbyBeavis : is there any professor that you can ask the last minute?

Just curious if everyone itt is IS or OS?

In-state here but my app won't likely be verified for another 3 weeks

nvm just got another email 10 min later that my app is in fact complete...lol

Last edited:
So I've been waiting and waiting for the secondary application email and it never came. A friend told me to just do it online. I just summited it, but now my application will be way behind! ):

I just received an email an hour ago stating I had been invited for an interview! First one I have received! :) (In-State Applicant)

I just received an email an hour ago stating I had been invited for an interview! First one I have received! :) (In-State Applicant)

Congrats!!! I hope I hear from them soon..I was second batch

Members don't see this ad :)

I just got mine as well! Congrats!

I was invited for an interview two days ago and was accepted for 9-15, anyone else?

Hi everyone! I just received the supplemental app for IU and it asks for the external application number. What is that? I have tried the AADSAS ID number and the IU one at the top of the IU supplemental screen, but it says that both of those are incorrect.

Any help would be appreciated from those who have already filled it out!
Thank you!

Hi everyone! I just received the supplemental app for IU and it asks for the external application number. What is that? I have tried the AADSAS ID number and the IU one at the top of the IU supplemental screen, but it says that both of those are incorrect.

Any help would be appreciated from those who have already filled it out!
Thank you!

This is pulled from IU's supplemental information section directly attached to the ADEA AADSAS portal:

• Applicants must complete online Graduate eApplication and pay $60 processing fee in order for application to be placed into review.
    Note: When completing the IUPUI eGraduate Application, your external application number is your AADSAS ID.

I'm not sure why your ID didn't work, but I'd try it again in case of a typing error or the application was being a little glitchy. Hope this helps!

Invited for an interview! They gave me 4 days to choose from and I got my first pick of 9/15. In state. Anyone from the region want to carpool? :)

Don't waste your time with this school. Unless you have past experience working for the CIA and interrogations. Enjoy your interviews!

Interview set for Oct. 6th. Anyone else looking to split a hotel room/rental car?

Does anyone have any advice on how these interviews generally go? I'd love to learn more! Anxiety is kicking in! and congrats to everyone!!! :D

Last edited:
Just got an interview offer!! :D

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone interviewing on the 6th?

Reactions: 1 users
I have an interview on Oct 8th. Anyone with me?

Notification Date: 8/20
Method: Email
Interview Date: 9/29
Residency: OH
AADSAS Mail out date: 6/25/15
GPA: 2.78 sGPA, 3.2 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/Any section below 17?):
21/19/26/30/no

Notification date: 9/14/15
Method of notification: E-mail
Interview Date: 10/22/15
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25
Application complete date: 7/24
GPA: 3.17 science/3.28 overall
DAT: 19 AA/18 TS/22 PAT/21 RC

Notification date: 9/14/15
Method of notification: E-mail
Interview Date: 10/22/15
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25
Application complete date: 7/24
GPA: 3.17 science/3.28 overall
DAT: 19 AA/18 TS/22 PAT/21 RC

Ahhh our stats are pretty similar. I hope I get an invite too!

Congrats btw!

I just got the application complete mail today though I'm 8th batch. Hopefully this is not a red flag.

Does anyone who has already interviewed know if they conduct open or closed file interviews? And does anyone who's gone have any feedback to share? Message me i'm freakin out! haha

Does anyone who has already interviewed know if they conduct open or closed file interviews? And does anyone who's gone have any feedback to share? Message me i'm freakin out! haha
interviewers dont know your gpa or your dat score but know everything else about you. They make you do a writing part where they ask you a question and give you 10 min to write on it. also they have two 15 minute interviews and an exit interview to explain how you liked the school to the dean of admissions.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone quick question.

So I got the app complete on July 31, and haven't heard back from the school since. Anyone know if it's possible to still get an interview? It said in the email review period is 4-6 weeks.

I was wondering the same thing.

Whats the stress level? Also, did they give you any # of interviews/# of acceptances stats in the presentation? I want to see if its worth flying across the country for. I am OOS.

Whats the stress level? Also, did they give you any # of interviews/# of acceptances stats in the presentation? I want to see if its worth flying across the country for. I am OOS.

It was a one on one interview, pretty much like conversation, no stress at all :):):)
I didn't hear how many OOS interviews but there were 13-14 OOS out of 17 students at my interview, so kinda competitive.
Everyone was polite and extremely helpful, but there were not much things to do in Indiana :(

It was a one on one interview, pretty much like conversation, no stress at all :):):)
I didn't hear how many OOS interviews but there were 13-14 OOS out of 17 students at my interview, so kinda competitive.
Everyone was polite and extremely helpful, but there were not much things to do in Indiana :(

I just interviewed there and was curious if you emailed your interviewers after your interview to tell them thank you? I know that Dr. Peterson gave us their email info to do that, but I wasn't sure if it was really normal or not lol

Does anyone know if your status changes from received/complete to something else, like under review? I got the app complete email on July 31.

I just interviewed there and was curious if you emailed your interviewers after your interview to tell them thank you? I know that Dr. Peterson gave us their email info to do that, but I wasn't sure if it was really normal or not lol

Yeah you can email them. It's optional actually and some people say it will not affect your acceptance. But it will not hurt if you do so right?

Status
Not open for further replies.