The Official January 13, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kinipela

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who will be joining me on this day?

112 days left!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm dyyyyyyyying. I don't think I can make it till Wednesday. Why couldn't the mcat be more like the GRE's where they give you a range of where your score will be and take all the anxiety out of it? They already pre-determines the curves.....

Edit: On another note since I'm unrepentantly spamming this thread. My friend has promised to go drink with me when I get my results. So I'm probably going to go out and get smashed. hahaha

Reactions: 1 user
If you think you are dying today go look at how silly the 1/10 thread got the day of score release. It was miserable waiting out the last 8 hours.

Reactions: 2 users
^^ same. Apparently a lot of the May spots are already taken. That's annoying.
I think these spots are being taken up because the wait times for April and May are so different. I heard 45 days for May tests and 60 days for April tests!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm dyyyyyyyying. I don't think I can make it till Wednesday. Why couldn't the mcat be more like the GRE's where they give you a range of where your score will be and take all the anxiety out of it? They already pre-determines the curves.....

Edit: On another note since I'm unrepentantly spamming this thread. My friend has promised to go drink with me when I get my results. So I'm probably going to go out and get smashed. hahaha

They should totally just give you the scores immediately like the DAT. It's so dumb that they have you wait so long since they have removed the writing part!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm not sure what's causing me more anxiety: waiting for our scores or waiting for the airline to find my 'lost' luggage in Mumbai...

I can feel myself aging exponentially while waiting for my results. All this worrying isn't good for the mental state......

^It really isn't. Also causing lowered immunity. I don't feel well at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Question: for those who plan to possibly retake, do you plan on reusing books for the most part? Just purchasing the social sciences book and the critical reasoning book? Or do you plan on buying an entirely new set?

Question: for those who plan to possibly retake, do you plan on reusing books for the most part? Just purchasing the social sciences book and the critical reasoning book? Or do you plan on buying an entirely new set?

Too soon lol

Serious buzzkill.

If I were planning a retake (I'm not) I'd use my old books and buy books only for the new material.

In other news, today is the slowest scribe shift ever.

I've got hundreds of lbs of books that I will be turning into the most glorious bonfire. Regardless of score. Stocking up marshmallows

It's getting way too real lol. I don't want to check my score until I see some people here post their scores and expected and all that :/

I'm literally thinking through all of the possibilities in my head... This is so unnecessarily stressful.

I have planned out my day tomorrow so that all of my 'difficult' tasks are in the morning before my MCAT score crashes the party. I have a test on thursday so I may just be conveniently at a cafe without my phone or computer when 330 rolls around so that I can get my stuff done. I'm pretty sure I did poorly but if I did especially well then I'd still have impaired concentration for the rest of the day.

Whatever happens, I'm trying to convince myself that it's not the end of the world. If it's bad, I retake and do better (hopefully). I'll still be alive, I'll still be in school, have my family and friends, and (thankfully) the willpower to try again. Let's all try and keep our chins up :D Even though it's hard, we'll beat this thing one way or another

Reactions: 9 users
I decided to forget that I took the exam until today. Now that I actually "remember" that I took an exam called the MCAT just made my heart go 10bpm faster.:bang:
My avatar reflects how I feel right now.

Just praying that whatever the result is, I will cope with it well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
I was just flipping through TV channels for an hour to see what's good (and takes my mind off the scores for a while) despite having so much work to do. Just can't concentrate?!?!?

The more I think about it, the more I feel sick to my stomach...

Ugh, I have a physics midterm at 6 pm. Should I check before or after?
Oh that's a tough call, I would say stay in blissful ignorance until after your final :) At least that's what I would do. I'm not opening mine until all my work, meetings, etc. is done for the day!

Ugh, I have a physics midterm at 6 pm. Should I check before or after?

Haha if I were you I'd check after. If I do well I would be too ecstatic to concentrate. On the other hand, if I didn't do so well, I would be too depressed to concentrate.

Haha if I were you I'd check after. If I do well I would be too ecstatic to concentrate. On the other hand, if I didn't do so well, I would be too depressed to concentrate.
On the other hand. If I didn't check, I be to mentally distracted to concentrate!!!!

Work full time too? I like your profile pic :)
Thanks! Good luck on your final. Just remember that your mcat is already scored so no sense worrying about it. What's done is done and hopefully you kicked it's ass but if not then you will plan accordingly. No sense having it affect another aspect of your life, especially not another test!!

friends wanna go paint balling at 7. Perfect outlet after 5pm release or will it be dangerous for my friends if I don't get my desired score ?

Reactions: 5 users
Thanks! Good luck on your final. Just remember that your mcat is already scored so no sense worrying about it. What's done is done and hopefully you kicked it's ass but if not then you will plan accordingly. No sense having it affect another aspect of your life, especially not another test!!

Thanks formerpheonix! If you are as emotionally stable in real life as you are online you will make a great doctor ;)

Goodluck y'all! I'm on this thread for a friend who also has their birthday today. He's going to get hammered tonight for the good or bad of the MCAT.

Let me know if they post early...checking this thread seems healthier than checking the AAMC website esp. when I know I really shouldn't look until later this evening...anyone else have recurring dreams about getting their scores back?