The Official January 15, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hometownbrewin

B.S. in BSing
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Roll call! Didn't see a thread for this date. I stayed up until 5 AM the morning signups opened to secure a spot for the 15th because it's the last afternoon administration of the old MCAT and I'm definitely not a morning person. The test is basically all or nothing for me, as I certainly want to avoid the new version, but I'm botching the opportunity (just finished undergrad and I'm currently taking off work and research). It has been a struggle so far in terms of keeping up with SN2ed's 4 month schedule and establishing good study habits and a routine that works for me, however things are slowly starting to pick up.

How about you guys?

Members don't see this ad.

I've been trying to get as many chores on my to-do list completed before tomorrow...because I feel like my life will be over and back to studying as soon as I realize I need to retake this thing. My anxiety is almost as bad as the night before lol.

Reactions: 1 user
I've been trying to get as many chores on my to-do list completed before tomorrow...because I feel like my life will be over and back to studying as soon as I realize I need to retake this thing. My anxiety is almost as bad as the night before lol.

Ugh same, guess I can look forward to tossing and turning/staring at the ceiling and only sleeping between 6 and 10 am tonight...

New plan. Take MCAT as often as possible. Result: Longest, most miserable* life possible.

FTFY

Members don't see this ad :)
so... just curious, how much can the curve really affect the score scaling? Like a shift between 1-2 q's right and wrong on an easy exam compared to a hard one being the difference between 9's and 10's? Or supposedly something much more drastic? I hope not lol....

so... just curious, how much can the curve really affect the score scaling? Like a shift between 1-2 q's right and wrong on an easy exam compared to a hard one being the difference between 9's and 10's? Or supposedly something much more drastic? I hope not lol....

It depends on how high or low your 9 and 10 was. Can be as little as 1 question that pushes you over.

As you get higher section scores, the raw score values get tighter. In some cases, the difference between an 11 and a 13 can be 2 questions.

That being said: it's complicated.

Hi Everyone,

As some of those above, I am also a long time lurker in the shadows of SDN. Before tomorrow, I just wanted to thank everyone here for sharing your stories, experiences, and thoughts during this stressful period, it has truly helped me manage my own stress. Best of luck to everyone, I know we will all be countimg down the hours from now until then.

Now go get some rest! Goodnight!

Reactions: 2 users
So for this one month wait, I've been enjoying my time in my city, NY.

I went to about six free movie screenings this past month, and they were all free. These are the movies I saw:
Project Almanac
Kingsmen: Service
The DUFF
Marfarland USA
50 Shades of Grey
and most recent one 2/17/15 Focus. I saw Will Smith during this premiere
Tomorrow I got free tickets to watch Hot Tub Machine 2.
I even went to the infamous Sugar Factory, and ordered three drinks:
Red Velvet martini, s'mores martini and a 60 oz of Lollipop passion.

You know what else I did? Spent my time on groupon looking for deals. I did a mission escape game in China Town and I am going to go to the IceBar again!
I have NEVER enjoyed my time or my life since I have been in this abusive relationship with the MCAT (*eat the cake Anna Mae). It won't let me go, and every time I try to leave it keeps pulling me back, me back (singing Chiny feat Tyrese song :))
Hopefully, I can say adios, deuces, PEACE. If not, I already got approved for FAP, registered for the June exam, and I will painfully start my Kaplan course next week on the 26 at Hunter College :(

I made peace with myself and this exam. I just wish it would stop taunting me with these forehead kisses, like we are really in a "relationship" >.<. MCAT knows it's pretty one-sided :/

Goooooodddd moooorrrninning SDN! Who else did NOT sleep last night?

Me. 3 hours of sleep. The funny thing is I feel completely fine. I even woke up 1 hour before my alarm. I don't understand what is happening. I slept like 8-9 hours before the MCATs, but I felt 10x more nervous yesterday night.

Reactions: 1 users
I have an evolution exam tomorrow and I only slept three hours last night......Today can possibly the best day of my life or smh..... I keep telling myself whatever happens happens but in reality today is a game changer.......NOT TO MENTION THERE IS 10 inches of snow outside and I have to manage a way to commute to class....:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an evolution exam tomorrow and I only slept three hours last night......Today can possibly the best day of my life or smh..... I keep telling myself whatever happens happens but in reality today is a game changer.......NOT TO MENTION THERE IS 10 inches of snow outside and I have to manage a way to commute to class....:)
Are you in Boston??

It's so, so hard for me to focus on work right now, lol. Every five minutes I keep cycling between SDN and aamc's Twitter page. These final hours waiting is Killer lol

Reactions: 1 users
Test date: 1/15/2015
Time: 1 pm
AAMC average: XX.X
AAMC 10-11 average: XX
Post test expected score: XX-XX
Actual score: XX (XX PS/XX VR/XX BS)

Does anybody else want to be conformists and use this template as the other dates seemed to ?

Reactions: 7 users
I am telling everyone at school that my score comes out today, and every one tells me to wait till 5 pm to check the score, but i do not have that type of patienceeeeeeeee, my insides are clawing at me every second that passes

Test date: 1/15/2015
Time: 1 pm
AAMC average: XX.X
AAMC 10-11 average: XX
Post test expected score: XX-XX
Actual score: XX (XX PS/XX VR/XX BS)

Does anybody else want to be conformists and use this template as the other dates seemed to ?

I freaked out for a split second, seeing this up, while I was scrolling through. I thought the scores were up already.

Hey AAMC
55320361.jpg

Best of luck to everyone today.

Whatever happens, we are all forever bound in our passionate hatred for Indochina. It's been an honor sharing the field of battle with you.

Lol I feel as if the 1 month wait is the second part of the MCAT. I think of it as a 35 day long test rather than a 4 hour test hahah

As much as I want to check my score the second it comes out, I think I'll wait it out an hour or two until I get a good sense of the reaction on here. Then, I'll know how to prepare myself lol.

ugh want to PUKE. this is my 2nd time taking and if I do sh---y again, I'm done with the whole med school career change plan (i'm a non traditional, many years out of college). Can't do another round of studying for this beast of a test.

Also think I may not check right away--kinda want to hold on to the dream for a little bit longer :(

ugh want to PUKE. this is my 2nd time taking and if I do sh---y again, I'm done with the whole med school career change plan (i'm a non traditional, many years out of college). Can't do another round of studying for this beast of a test.

Also think I may not check right away--kinda want to hold on to the dream for a little bit longer :(

Same boat as you. I'm debating if I should check it in the middle of class or just wait.

This is so stressful. I feel like I did really well or really bad. Nothing in between.

Reactions: 4 users
SDN gave me a "First Post" trophy today, so you guys can imagine all my worries have now evaporated...... I wish. # LURKSOHARD

Long time reader, first time poster. Waiting for scores today as well. Nice to feel the camaraderie! Good luck to everyone.

Despondency near maximum levels. Way more anxious than during the test day, mostly because I know of all the careless mistakes and can't imagine how many more errors I made that I am not aware of. I am in a weak position to retake but I know that it is doable. I'm pretty desperate for support. Its terrifying to think what will happen when I get my score and how I will fail to pick myself up.