*** The Official LECOM Dental Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Hey guys I got into LECOM and I am super excited! However, I misplaced some of the stuff that they gave me from the interview and I was wondering if someone could take a pic or scan the sheet detailing the tuition and fees so I can see if the website is complete or if I am missing something. I just want to estimate the cost of living and other expenses like that. Thanks again and congrats on getting in everyone =)!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I got into LECOM and I am super excited! However, I misplaced some of the stuff that they gave me from the interview and I was wondering if someone could take a pic or scan the sheet detailing the tuition and fees so I can see if the website is complete or if I am missing something. I just want to estimate the cost of living and other expenses like that. Thanks again and congrats on getting in everyone =)!

Scroll up in this forum, someone just asked that recently.

Yesterday I declined my offer to LECOM. Good luck waitlisters! I loved lecom's approach & promised clinical experience & think they are building a great program.

I got placed on the alternate list :/. Does anyone know how the alternate list works by any chance? Ranked, not ranked? Thanks and congratulations to those who've got accepted!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a "re-review in 90 days" email AGAIN after getting this same email in october and doing the academic update. Just reject me already, I quit this school.

Will be withdrawing my acceptance tomorrow. Hope it goes to an SDNer :)

I am...they said we would hear back yesterday or today....

Hear back regarding what?
I interviewed Dec. 9th. We were told we would probably know the decision of our acceptance yesterday or today.
Has anyone heard anything today? Are they just supposed to email us?

I spoke with the admissions office and they said decisions would be released later today. We will be receiving an email if accepted, and regular mail if wait listed or rejected, I understand

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the update
I spoke with the admissions office and they said decisions would be released later today. We will be receiving an email if accepted, and regular mail if wait listed or rejected, I understand

I got my acceptance about 15 minutes ago. Will be turning it down. Good luck to those who are still waiting!

Congrats to all that got accepted today. were any of you on the alternate list? Or Dec interviews? Thanks

I was on the alternate list. Interviewed in August. I think it was their first date.

I was on the alternate list and interviewed in November

I was emailed an acceptance yesterday around 1:30 cst and I interviewed in September. I just checked my admissions status on the portal...it changed from acceptance of my place on the alternate list to "a decision has been made...you will receive something in the mail within 30 days."

Thanks, When is your deposit due if you don't mine me asking?

accepted yesterday!!! :)
I interviewed Nov 7 and was waitlisted. Got an email Friday and also AADSAS portal status changed to "offer made"

Last edited:
I received an email acceptance Friday afternoon. I interviewed Oct 28th and was placed on the alternate list in Dec. Good luck to everyone else

I got an interview invite for Dec. 9! Does anyone else have an interview at this date? Also, is it true that post-december interviews are for waitlist spots only because they didn't mention that to me over the phone.

I got an interview invite for Dec. 9! Does anyone else have an interview at this date? Also, is it true that post-december interviews are for waitlist spots only because they didn't mention that to me over the phone.
Uhmm December 9? :/

I apologize in advance if the question I'm about to ask has already been addressed

About the initial accreditation status...from my understanding, CODA will conduct its final assessment of the program after the graduation of its inaugural class. After this final visit, the committee would make the decision to grant full accreditation or not. So this would mean that the inaugural class would obtain their DMD from an accredited program without a doubt.

So my question is, what happens if they fail accreditation during the time of our attendance (just say class of 2018)? Would CODA just administer a slap on the wrist and another initial accreditation process would ensue? Would we still be able to complete our education from an "accredited" program? Would we be grandfathered in since we initially enrolled while the school was still accredited? In order to practice in any state, one must have an education from an accredited dental school.

I don't foresee the school failing to obtain full accreditation...I'm just assessing the risk of my investment here. My question is directed primarily to LECOM's second class (currently D1), since they fall into this category I'm describing...and if you don't know the answer, to whom on LECOM's staff should I address my concerns.

Thanks

I apologize in advance if the question I'm about to ask has already been addressed

About the initial accreditation status...from my understanding, CODA will conduct its final assessment of the program after the graduation of its inaugural class. After this final visit, the committee would make the decision to grant full accreditation or not. So this would mean that the inaugural class would obtain their DMD from an accredited program without a doubt.

So my question is, what happens if they fail accreditation during the time of our attendance (just say class of 2018)? Would CODA just administer a slap on the wrist and another initial accreditation process would ensue? Would we still be able to complete our education from an "accredited" program? Would we be grandfathered in since we initially enrolled while the school was still accredited? In order to practice in any state, one must have an education from an accredited dental school.

I don't foresee the school failing to obtain full accreditation...I'm just assessing the risk of my investment here. My question is directed primarily to LECOM's second class (currently D1), since they fall into this category I'm describing...and if you don't know the answer, to whom on LECOM's staff should I address my concerns.

Thanks

This question was asked at my interview and we were told that in the event Lecom didn't get it's accreditation, students would still be able to finish and receive their degree as if the school is accredited but no further students would be enrolled until the problem is sorted out.

Guys, Does anyone know, how long the committee takes to make a decision about your application regarding interview invites? My application was sent to committee about three weeks ago and I still didn't hear anything back. I was told that it might take few weeks. Just was wondering how long I would have to wait? Thanks you so much.

Took me about two months to get invited for an interview after submitting my application. I applied all the way back in July, because you applied so "late" I don't think anyone here could truly tell you how long it will take/I'm not sure if applying late would mean they would contact you in a shorter time frame than they contacted me (I would assume the timeline would be shorter for you because there aren't as many "new" applicants this late in the cycle)

I applied in June, but they were waiting on an updated DAT score. Once I submitted my score first week of September, I was invited for an interview within two weeks. My interview was in Nov and I was waitlisted Dec 2, but I also found out on Jan 3 that I was accepted. Hope that helps

I just got invited for an interview for April. Can anyone tell me how many people interview and how many get accepted? And if anyone interviewed could you possibly tell me anything about the interview? Thanks!!

I just got invited for an interview for April. Can anyone tell me how many people interview and how many get accepted? And if anyone interviewed could you possibly tell me anything about the interview? Thanks!!

They said they interview ~500, wait-list ~130-150 for 100 seats

Did u choose to Interview in april? Or they just send u invite for that month? I am just tring to figure out their process? Since I applied late I am very nervous.

Anyone know when the second round of acceptances go out?..

Hi guys, I know LECOM has a scrub ceremony, but when are white coats given? Do we get white coats? Sorry if this question has been answered already! :)

Hi guys, I know LECOM has a scrub ceremony, but when are white coats given? Do we get white coats? Sorry if this question has been answered already! :)

During my interview day I asked one of the D2's and they said they don't get white coats :S but mabe they meant not yet bc I know some schools get them after they complete boards part 1.

Did u choose to Interview in april? Or they just send u invite for that month? I am just tring to figure out their process? Since I applied late I am very nervous.
No, they give you a set date right off the bat. Although when I went for the interview, I met another interviewee who told me that he was able to get a date change since he had final exams and the date conflicted with another interview.

Last edited:

We don't get white coats since we wear scrubs everyday. Student government is trying to get a ceremony but I don't think it's totally necessary, just a cool thing that you could hang up in your closet or wear if you decided to dress up for clinic.