*** The Official LECOM Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Have not heard anything yet, but I've also been waitlisted since December. There's still hope, but from the looks of last year's thread, it seems like a lot of waitlist movement didn't occur until April/May

Members don't see this ad.

Do you mind sharing your stats? And did you show interest like writing emails to the school?

Sure, although I feel my on-paper stats are pretty average. 3.3 GPA (s and o), 21 AA / 21 TS, like 160 hours observing and 200 hours community service (non-dental). I went to a top public university so my GPA was probably forgiven a bit. I interviewed there early Oct and got accepted Dec 1. After my interviews I wrote thoughtful thank you emails re-selling my candidacy. If I was still waiting to get in I'd surely write a letter of intent and get it in the right hands (like Marjorie Bell's maybe?) and if I was desperate I might fly back down there and make a case for myself. A friend of mine did that for medical school after being wait listed - he called and said he'd be "in the area" and had an in-person meeting with the deans at two different schools (not LECOM, but besides the point). He was accepted to both. For my letter I think I'd call out stuff I suspected they were hesitant about - like some crappy grades and evidence that I can do better and handle the workload, etc., but again re-selling myself. Good luck to all! I still follow this thread because I am rooting for you all.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sure, although I feel my on-paper stats are pretty average. 3.3 GPA (s and o), 21 AA / 21 TS, like 160 hours observing and 200 hours community service (non-dental). I went to a top public university so my GPA was probably forgiven a bit. I interviewed there early Oct and got accepted Dec 1. After my interviews I wrote thoughtful thank you emails re-selling my candidacy. If I was still waiting to get in I'd surely write a letter of intent and get it in the right hands (like Marjorie Bell's maybe?) and if I was desperate I might fly back down there and make a case for myself. A friend of mine did that for medical school after being wait listed - he called and said he'd be "in the area" and had an in-person meeting with the deans at two different schools (not LECOM, but besides the point). He was accepted to both. For my letter I think I'd call out stuff I suspected they were hesitant about - like some crappy grades and evidence that I can do better and handle the workload, etc., but again re-selling myself. Good luck to all! I still follow this thread because I am rooting for you all.
Thank you for your reply!

Reactions: 1 user
Got my acceptance email today!!!!

Actually just had the interview on the 5th of Mar. From what they said it was the last interview slot.

Does that mean we have to wait another 2 weeks?

Got my acceptance email today!!!!

What time exactly did you get the e-mail? Did they mention last Thursday during your interview how many spots are left?

Last edited:
I called today and was told that it's rolling admissions now so we could hear any day. It might be more frequent than the 2 week status from before

Reactions: 1 users
Hopefully we hear more acceptances within the week! Good luck everyone!

What time exactly did you get the e-mail? Did they mention last Thursday during your interview how many spots are left?
Got the email around noon and as for the spots they told us there were 15 slots left and around 150 people on the waiting list as of that day 3/5.

Got the email around noon and as for the spots they told us there were 15 slots left and around 150 people on the waiting list as of that day 3/5.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
:(So who wants to call today and ask how many spots are open

And if they are sending anymore acceptances out this week, the anxiety is killing me

They probably wont know how many seats are still open because they'll wait on the deposits to come in first.
Its late in the cycle. For me, I'm going to prepare for the next cycle at this point.

Not giving up... but have to play it smart.

Any one else get in yet? I need to know so I can start truck driving school.

Hi! So I applied and haven't heard anything AT ALL not even interview....does that mean that I'm rejected or should I still be waiting...

Hi! So I applied and haven't heard anything AT ALL not even interview....does that mean that I'm rejected or should I still be waiting...
sorry, but theres only one more interview group left from what i've heard and its most likely filled already

It's all good. I'm just gonna study for the chiropractic admissions test while I drive a big rig.

It's all good. I'm just gonna study for the chiropractic admissions test while I drive a big rig.
Chiropractic makes 70k/yr and most of them are self employed and are going out of business bc of the new insurance policy. Unless it's ur passion, don't do it. Apply to dental again or apply for PA

sorry, but theres only one more interview group left from what i've heard and its most likely filled already

Earlier in this thread someone said they were the last group and that theres 15 spots. So where are you getting that it's likely filled already?

Chiropractic makes 70k/yr and most of them are self employed and are going out of business bc of the new insurance policy. Unless it's ur passion, don't do it. Apply to dental again or apply for PA

Last edited:
I have an interview on 4/14.
Am I pretty much just interviewing for a waitlist spot? Has the class been filled completly already?

I would say that the class is obviously not filled because you received an invitation to interview. Also I would ask (not being disrespectful) would you send someone an interview to be placed on a wait list when over 150 other aspiring dentists are already on the list? Have a little confidence and knock that interview out. I assure you that if invited you are very much catching the interest of the committee.

I would say that the class is obviously not filled because you received an invitation to interview. Also I would ask (not being disrespectful) would you send someone an interview to be placed on a wait list when over 150 other aspiring dentists are already on the list? Have a little confidence and knock that interview out. I assure you that if invited you are very much catching the interest of the committee.

you'd think they wouldn't do something disrespectful like that, but interview date being that late, I can't help but think that I am just interviewing for a waitlist spot.
Trust me, a lot of schools will interview you to put on you on the waitlist.

you'd think they wouldn't do something disrespectful like that, but interview date being that late, I can't help but think that I am just interviewing for a waitlist spot.
I wish you the best either way. I just believe that when given an opportunity to make the best of it. In my experience, .... Most professionals including myself would not waste time or money on a wait list person for an interview. I know I would not.

I mean not interview a person just to wait list them
I wish you the best either way. I just believe that when given an opportunity to make the best of it. In my experience, .... Most professionals including myself would not waste time or money on a wait list person for an interview. I know I would not.
not ont

I have an interview on 4/14.
Am I pretty much just interviewing for a waitlist spot? Has the class been filled completly already?

I honestly am going to give a humble opinion about this school. When I interviewed 2 months ago they said there were 15 seats left and now there's 10. They only accepted 5 students in a span of 2 months? Maybe people dropped and some were added but that's still not really a fair chance since they have over 100 on the wait list.

Now I you and I both hope they wouldn't waste our time but they would. Honestly PBL isn't for everybody and for the most part they know this. So they interview many candidates and have an extensive wait list. Why do they do this? Because students will drop or decline their spot on the wait list if they get accepted to another school that isn't PBL based if PBL turns them off. So LECOM knows they're not everyone's top choice even though people at the interview say that LECOM is. They interview many and wait list many in case people decline their offers so that they have a big applicant pool to go to when people withdraw their acceptances. On top of that, they like to cherry pick students out. Not really anything against LECOM but this is my opinion and how I see things from experience. I'm also on the wait list as well as many of my classmates.

I do wish you the best of luck though. If it's your only shot left I would go for it.

Got my acceptance email today. Made it off the waitlist. Interview Feb. 5

Reactions: 5 users
Stats please.

I graduated with a business degree then went back to school. Post-bacc GPA (all sciences) was 3.8 with a 19 on the DAT.
Everything on the DAT was 20's and up besides PAT = 19. QR= 15. Everything else was in the mid 20's so it didn't affect my AA too much.

This school is beginning to piss me off.

Lol me too. I give up.
I've been told that lots of movement happens in April/May bc even though students put down deposits, they will give up heir spot and attend elsewhere

This school is beginning to piss me off.
I don't really know how they choose their candidates. Honestly I feel like they put names in the hat and just pick someone off the wait list. How else are they going to remember how you interviewed especially if it was a group interview. If they don't take you off the wait list, it can be bittersweet. Bitter as in you may not start school this year but sweet because maybe you'll go somewhere else next cycle that you'll like

I was wait listed last year and this year. PBL isn't for me but I'm sure I could adapt to it but it's sweet in a sense that even though I lost a year to reapply, I had choices to make this year. Don't be frustrated though and I wish you all the best!

Did anyone get the email today from Lisa?looks like theres going to be movement

Did anyone get the email today from Lisa?looks like theres going to be movement
When I saw the e mail I almost had a heart attack until I opened it and realized it wasn't "the news" I was thinking of.