*** The Official LECOM Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

My admissions status on the LECOM portal just changed to say "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." No email. I interviewed this past Thursday, Feb. 19th. Anyone else who interviewed that day have anything different?

Members don't see this ad.

My admissions status on the LECOM portal just changed to say "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." No email. I interviewed this past Thursday, Feb. 19th. Anyone else who interviewed that day have anything different?
Me too! :wideyed: What is the meaning of this??

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted by email today!!!!!! Interviewed early January and wait listed. :soexcited::clap::claps:

Reactions: 1 user
Also accepted by email today! Interviewed mid-January and wait listed. :biglove:

I'll be taking myself off of the wait list today. Good luck to those still waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
Are they still going to send emails on March 4?

Just called, they are going to send emails biweekly now

will be removing myself from the waitlist. Good luck to all still waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 2/19 and received an acceptance e-mail this past Monday! I am so relieved! Good luck to those of you still waiting, don't give up!

Reactions: 4 users
does anyone know how much it cost to rent a taxi from tampa airport to the school?

does anyone know how much it cost to rent a taxi from tampa airport to the school?
I doubt a cab driver would let your rent his car. It's about a 1 hour 10 minute drive to the school, so I would imagine a cab fare would run at least $100. Rent a car, it will save you a lot of money.

Does anyone have an idea of how many people are currently on the alternate list??

Ok they said 150 ppl on the waitlisted right now, 15 seats still open. Biweekly acceptances with the next one rolling out 2nd week of March. She said there is a 50% chance you will be accepted off of waitlist speaking from years past. Better chances than nova's 300 waitlisted lol

Reactions: 2 users
Ok they said 150 ppl on the waitlisted right now, 15 seats still open. Biweekly acceptances with the next one rolling out 2nd week of March. She said there is a 50% chance you will be accepted off of waitlist speaking from years past. Better chances than nova's 300 waitlisted lol

150 as of now? I don't think that's right, when I called they said they waitlist 150 students total from the 500 they interview. A good number of students have either been accepted off the waitlist or declined their spots off the list since then.

The only other thing I can think of is that, as they continue interviewing, they place more students onto the waitlist as students get taken off. I was under the impression they select 150 students maximum to waitlist for the entire interview cycle

150 as of now? I don't think that's right, when I called they said they waitlist 150 students total from the 500 they interview. A good number of students have either been accepted off the waitlist or declined their spots off the list since then.

The only other thing I can think of is that, as they continue interviewing, they place more students onto the waitlist as students get taken off. I was under the impression they select 150 students maximum to waitlist for the entire interview cycle
You may be right, regardless once interviews are over, we are competing against 150

That's still better than Roseman's 7000 waitlisted :laugh:

Hey all, I was accepted to my in state school and will be giving up my spot at LECOM. Hope one of you gets it!

If it makes anyone feel better, I personally know a student at LECOM right now that didn't even add the school to his app until January. He was notified in April that he made it to the wait list. He heard from no other schools, then mid may lecom called him up for a late screening and he was accepted on the spot. I guess they only had a few seats to fill, but true story

Reactions: 3 users
Here's some added hope. I'm from Florida and go to different dental events where dental students from the 3 dental schools here will be. I've talked to many current LECOM students who say not to worry, the majority of them were on the wait list. I even know a D2 who said at least 10-15 of his classmates got off the waitlist in MAY! We got dis :D

I could be wrong so someone please confirm this. They changed from monthly acceptances to biweekly so the next round will go out next week, not today.

I could be wrong so someone please confirm this. They changed from monthly acceptances to biweekly so the next round will go out next week, not today.
Confirmed. Keep them fingers crossed!

Yup next week is the next round of acceptances...good luck to us all :)

so when are their interviews done?

Do you think the wait list is divided in sections? Like january interviews in one section. February in another? Do you know what I mean?

Do you think the wait list is divided in sections? Like january interviews in one section. February in another? Do you know what I mean?

No it's rolling admissions, and it's at random, not off date but off of how bad they want you.

Anything today?

Nothing here yet but today is two weeks from the last round of acceptances that went out, right? Does anyone remember about what time people received emails?

Yea it's been 2 weeks! Feels like forever! And I'm not sure

Good Luck to everyone waiting!

Haven't heard anything today.

Officially gave up my spot today, so someone should hear soon. :)

The struggle is real haha. Good luck everyone!

is someone brave enough to call and see when acceptances are coming out?

I just called them today and they said later this week.

:dead: This is going to take a while