The Official May 22, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenderboi930

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think many of you will agree that today is a great day to officially prepare for the May 22nd MCAT!!!

I was against the April 2015 MCAT because a typical 3 month schedule doesn't seem to work for
students and/or working test takers. With a little over 4 months of preparation we can go in with confidence!
It's all new and really scary--so let's kick MCAT butt together!!

I was also wondering, wouldn't many professional MCAT test takers and tutors want to take the MCAT 2015 as soon
as possible (April MCAT) so they can better they're material or teaching? Wouldn't that just destroy the curve?

Members don't see this ad.

I definitely want to live alone in medical school. I'm living with friends now and it's fine but after this year I just want to be able to walk around my apartment naked and pee with the door open.

meh I don't want to live with strangers even if they are members of class lol. What if they're super neurotic and burn your homework or something
jk haha but I'm looking forward to the freedom of setting 40 alarms, doing dishes when I want, among st many other stuff

Fair enough. Both of those do sound pretty great.

So I got the stuff back. I don't think anything else is missing but we'll see. The reason I'm not going to press charges is because I think it was actually their friends that stole the stuff. Also I have to go all the way downtown to file charges, which is ridiculous, it'd take me like an hour to get there.
"Fun times in Cleveland today"

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think I am going to live with someone, at least the first year or so. It will save money, and I have been living with guys for the last couple of years. Maybe year 3 I will be alone. The fewer loans I have the better.

"Fun times in Cleveland today"

Hahaha yeah this stuff is like totally normal for Cleveland, actually. Sadly. It's getting so much better though :D

In happier news, I got an interview for a job at an ice cream store! This is my childhood dream.

I've returned from the dead to say <3 dat graduated life :horns:

Currently on a plane to a conference where the international director of MSF is giving the keynote! Pumped

Donut, when is your Stanford interview? What if we meet IRL and don't know it

Reactions: 2 users
I've returned from the dead to say <3 dat graduated life :horns:

Currently on a plane to a conference where the international director of MSF is giving the keynote! Pumped

Donut, when is your Stanford interview? What if we meet IRL and don't know it
Omg I'm jealous
Gotta keep that anonymity :p
Wait do the even do md and md/phd on same day? And is yours mmi?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhh I'm nervous bc I have no idea what to expect lol
Hope we both do amazing!!
I feel like I'll like the MMIs. Seems like people find them fun. But yes, hope we do well. I wasn't thinking much about Stanford before and now that I got the interview I'm like "pleaseeeeeeeeeee take me"

DAE read through the other MCAT dates' threads? August just took theirs this weekend and if you want to relive all that nervous energy, looking through the last few pages is a great way to do that. Like, I know I've finished the test, got my score, and done really well, and I still leave those threads with a sense of dread and feeling like I've failed at life.

Reactions: 1 users
lol that's so awesome, free ice cream?!

Haha I hope so! Probably not, but even a discount would be awesome, since this place is super expensive.

Uggg don't wanna go to class

I just got back from my first class...French 101. So many annoying freshman who are trying to prove how smart they are to the professor by answering every hypothetical question. But I have a 300-level Spanish class next so that should be better.

rock that rainbow shirt!!
Not that kind of rainbows haha

These:
image.jpg

This is good training for you for California

DAE read through the other MCAT dates' threads? August just took theirs this weekend and if you want to relive all that nervous energy, looking through the last few pages is a great way to do that. Like, I know I've finished the test, got my score, and done really well, and I still leave those threads with a sense of dread and feeling like I've failed at life.
Nope...

ugh why do you want to relive that

actually I am super stressed about grades this semester. I am missing more than half of september's classes. How are you all doing it??

Well, so far I am handling it by not getting interviews :(
No, seriously, I have emailed all my professors. All but one is prepared for this, and has agreed to let me turn papers in at a different time.

Well, so far I am handling it by not getting interviews :(
No, seriously, I have emailed all my professors. All but one is prepared for this, and has agreed to let me turn papers in at a different time.
That's actually a really good idea. I should start emailing my profs.

Yea but the 3 make up exams will be in the 3 day gap (when will I study lol). Also one of my classes has way too many different assignment things and attendance is mandatory so that's annoying..

actually I am super stressed about grades this semester. I am missing more than half of september's classes. How are you all doing it??

By getting no interviews, of course!
I'm reading the chapter on the skeletal system from my anatomy textbook and, for the first time in my life, I am beginning to doubt my ability to be a doctor. :nailbiting:

How many of you have taken/are taking an anatomy class? I want to and feel like it would be a helpful jumpstart for med school, but my school doesn't readily provide for people not in specific programs like nursing.

I have. If you're good at rote memorization, it's not bad at all

yea agree with lanny, anatomy is considered difficult but use those memorization skills and it'll be fine lol

Last edited:
How many of you have taken/are taking an anatomy class? I want to and feel like it would be a helpful jumpstart for med school, but my school doesn't readily provide for people not in specific programs like nursing.

I'm taking it now, will probably take physiology too next semester. I think it's gonna be helpful. The reputation of the class at my school is that it's very difficult, but if you put a lot of effort in you'll get a lot out of it. And after one day of class I can already tell that that's true.

So many annoying freshman who are trying to prove how smart they are to the professor by answering every hypothetical question.

I do this. But I swear it's only to participate so the prof isn't just dying up there every time he/she asks a question.

Prof: "So then 2+2 would be....."
Class: ".......(f*ck your patronizing questions)"
Prof: "........would beeeee......?????"
Me: "uh....would it be 4?"
Guy in back of me: "Douche."
Prof: "This guy's going places."
Me: "Hehhh.....one more year :unsure:"

omg all these brags about defunding planned parenthood are dumb

What's wrong with not killing life? Even one cell can be considered life. I for one am pro-cell. Save the cells. Join the cause.

I know right...I kind of want to be a student interviewer when I'm in med school, and if I ever see their name on a list of people I'm supposed to interview, I'll tell the med school that they should under no conditions accept them.

And who are you, the proud lord says, that I should bow so low...

hey guys should I email uchicago about my app?! lol still no change and I'm not sure if anyone else is left who turned it in as early as I did

How are you guys dealing with a multiple interviews during the semester? I feel like my professors will hate me if I have to switch labs, reschedule exams, and etc. a bunch of times.

How are you guys dealing with a multiple interviews during the semester? I feel like my professors will hate me if I have to switch labs, reschedule exams, and etc. a bunch of times.
I found out today that one class doesn't allow make up exams so I had to drop it and take a random class instead -_-
I decided to take lab next semester and will have to reschedule all earlier exams

I'm kind of surprised that I have only heard from two schools so far. When are all the rejections gonna start flowing in and depressing me?

Don't know how SDN can help you get some action. Success in that arena is all about charm

You forgot money and good looks. Your participation on SDN may help with the former, and SDN buddies going into PS will help with the latter.

Money + looks > lack of charm. That's just science.

Bro+Do+You+Even+Science_.png