The Official May 22, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenderboi930

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think many of you will agree that today is a great day to officially prepare for the May 22nd MCAT!!!

I was against the April 2015 MCAT because a typical 3 month schedule doesn't seem to work for
students and/or working test takers. With a little over 4 months of preparation we can go in with confidence!
It's all new and really scary--so let's kick MCAT butt together!!

I was also wondering, wouldn't many professional MCAT test takers and tutors want to take the MCAT 2015 as soon
as possible (April MCAT) so they can better they're material or teaching? Wouldn't that just destroy the curve?

Members don't see this ad.

yeah ik what school i'm going to but i'm kinda bummed to only have gotten 3 II. ik some people want to kill me for saying that but...maybe i was overly optimistic? I'm kinda just assuming the silences are rejections at this point tho
I feel the same way. 4 II, 1 acceptance and a waitlist that kills me. Iowa is accepting people after my date, so that is not looking good. I have a feeling no more interviews are coming. But it is hard to feel bad when I have an acceptance and other great people are still waiting. I didn't think I would kill it, but I hoped for more than one acceptance. I guess I don't interview well after all.
BTW, MMI was so much better than a traditional interview for me.

Reactions: 1 users
I feel the same way. 4 II, 1 acceptance and a waitlist that kills me. Iowa is accepting people after my date, so that is not looking good. I have a feeling no more interviews are coming. But it is hard to feel bad when I have an acceptance and other great people are still waiting. I didn't think I would kill it, but I hoped for more than one acceptance. I guess I don't interview well after all.
BTW, MMI was so much better than a traditional interview for me.

Haha this post perfectly describes me as well. 4 II, 1 acceptance, a waitlist that kills me, and probably no more IIs coming.

So did you have any school on the list that you just KNEW would interview you, but didn't? I was so sure that Rush or Loyola would interview me. My summer ECs were all in Chicago, I live 35 minutes from Chicago and I had a ton of volunteering hours. No love from Chicago at all, but interviews at three OOS publics. What about everyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
So did you have any school on the list that you just KNEW would interview you, but didn't? I was so sure that Rush or Loyola would interview me. My summer ECs were all in Chicago, I live 35 minutes from Chicago and I had a ton of volunteering hours. No love from Chicago at all, but interviews at three OOS publics. What about everyone else?

For some reason I really thought I was going to get an interview from Rochester. I have no idea why, but they gave me the ax a few months ago :p
Have you gotten an interview from UIC?

I am OOS for Illinois. I am a Region Rat in Indiana. I thought maybe Rochester too because of the liberal arts feel.

I am OOS for Illinois. I am a Region Rat in Indiana. I thought maybe Rochester too because of the liberal arts feel.

Ohh I keep forgetting which states everyone here is from. I feel like half of us are from Illinois or Indiana lol.

Reactions: 1 user
upload_2015-12-5_14-17-25.jpeg

just have to get through finals first

I need to study for anatomy but all I want to do is sit in bed and watch SpongeBob.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't listen to music really for studying. I either need it to be really quiet, or if I'm listening to something I listen to some type of white noise. I'm boring that way haha

do you know anyone who interviewed at washu early and has heard back?
In real life I only really know one person who has applied this cycle haha, but I'm guessing you mean on SDN? But either way, it looks like only a really small amount of people have heard back from Wash U so far. I still don't even have my Dean's Cert checked off yet.

In real life I only really know one person who has applied this cycle haha, but I'm guessing you mean on SDN? But either way, it looks like only a really small amount of people have heard back from Wash U so far. I still don't even have my Dean's Cert checked off yet.
I meant both haha, everyone who got accepted seems to have interviewed in november. Yea, I don't either

I meant both haha, everyone who got accepted seems to have interviewed in november. Yea, I don't either
Haha gotcha. But yeah idk what kind of order they're even going in, if any. Someone was outright accepted like two weeks after interviewing somehow.

resized-ef99d080-7e98-4239-80f5-a749adfbb73c.jpg

:arghh: Why do you do this to me, gluten free flour??
I really should have learnt my lesson by now, I've done this like five times.

It isn't Christmas for me without Love Actually, Die Hard, Rudolph and Nightmare Before Christmas.

Ahh I forgot about Rudolph! I haven't seen that one in forever. I always consider Nightmare Before Christmas to be a Halloween movie, tho. And I've never seen Love Actually or Die Hard.

I can't listen to music really for studying. I either need it to be really quiet, or if I'm listening to something I listen to some type of white noise. I'm boring that way haha
Haha, same, I usually listen to classical music for studying on pandora

I interviewed in early september and haven't heard from Wash U yet. They do it regionally. So in other words, I'm in the NE. So even tho I was one of their first interview dates, I won't hear back until they accept/reject the NE people
so what region are they in right now? do they need to accept a certain number of people from each region or something?

I interviewed in early september and haven't heard from Wash U yet. They do it regionally. So in other words, I'm in the NE. So even tho I was one of their first interview dates, I won't hear back until they accept/reject the NE people
Wash U has such a weird process

And of course I start getting sick the day before I fly to TN for my interview. Part of me thinks it is the chipotle outbreak.

And of course I start getting sick the day before I fly to TN for my interview. Part of me thinks it is the chipotle outbreak.

SAME! I had Chipotle a few nights ago and within 2-3 hours I was crying on the toilet. But it was over by the next morning.

SAME! I had Chipotle a few nights ago and within 2-3 hours I was crying on the toilet. But it was over by the next morning.
Yea I had it Thursday. I felt stomach cramps yesterday. I thought it was indigestion, took pepto bismol and it got better. Then I started feeling it again a few hours ago.

Yeah at my Case interview I had extreme nausea throughout the whole thing :( it was so bad. Hopefully it won't be that bad for you!
Yea that's rough. Luckily I feel much better this morning. Hopefully this stays the same throughout the day.