The Official May 22, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenderboi930

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think many of you will agree that today is a great day to officially prepare for the May 22nd MCAT!!!

I was against the April 2015 MCAT because a typical 3 month schedule doesn't seem to work for
students and/or working test takers. With a little over 4 months of preparation we can go in with confidence!
It's all new and really scary--so let's kick MCAT butt together!!

I was also wondering, wouldn't many professional MCAT test takers and tutors want to take the MCAT 2015 as soon
as possible (April MCAT) so they can better they're material or teaching? Wouldn't that just destroy the curve?

Members don't see this ad.

Omg I know! I was like "Omg look it's Jojen!" "Omg look it's Snape!" "Omg look it's Bilbo!" hahaha
And Trelawney, Qu-Gon-Jin, the bad guy from Serenity, Rick from Walking Dead and then the mom from Mad Men and Charlie Sheen's ex wife.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really want to eat Chipotle but I'm afraid it will make me sick again. Stupid E. Coli :(

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
apparently DO schools have a $2000 deposit?!
I have a friend that has put down 2 deposits because she didn't want to lose her spot and then she got her first choice school. Those deposits are non-refundable. She is out $2,000 because they only give you a month or so to decide. And the school is SO much more expensive than the state school. She rushed to take the MCAT in January, got a 29 and then only applied DO. I tried to talk her into taking the MCAT again, or at least trying to get into IUSM with her stats, but she did get into 4 DO schools and feels bad for me for only getting 1 MD school.

Omg. Qdoba has one of those magical soda machines that has every soda known to man. And it has vanilla root beer. Day made.

I have a friend that has put down 2 deposits because she didn't want to lose her spot and then she got her first choice school. Those deposits are non-refundable. She is out $2,000 because they only give you a month or so to decide. And the school is SO much more expensive than the state school. She rushed to take the MCAT in January, got a 29 and then only applied DO. I tried to talk her into taking the MCAT again, or at least trying to get into IUSM with her stats, but she did get into 4 DO schools and feels bad for me for only getting 1 MD school.
psh quality over quantity

Omg. Qdoba has one of those magical soda machines that has every soda known to man. And it has vanilla root beer. Day made.
root beer tastes like tooth paste to me :/

For a moment I thought you forgot who her character in HP was, and I was worried that we couldn't be friends anymore. :)

Hahahaha. Actually for years and years I always thought her name was "Trelwaney" and then one day I was reading the book and noticed it said "Trelawney" and I was like wait, is that a typo??

Okay my study guide says we have to know "the general origins and insertions of all the deep back muscles". Do you guys think that means that giving the answer "the splenius cervicis originates at the spinous processes of the thoracic vertebrae" would be acceptable rather than specifically saying "the spinous processes of T3-T6"?

Okay my study guide says we have to know "the general origins and insertions of all the deep back muscles". Do you guys think that means that giving the answer "the splenius cervicis originates at the spinous processes of the thoracic vertebrae" would be acceptable rather than specifically saying "the spinous processes of T3-T6"?
might as well give the more specific answer to be safe

more coffee time

Well, I was excited to watch Christmas Vacation tonight as my study break. But no. My suite mates decided a Monday night would be a great opportunity to get drunk and watch trashy movies on the TV that I paid for. So I guess I'll just sit in my room and study back muscles some more. x.x

Also, I'm declaring today May 22nd Family Lannister Appreciation day. We love you Lanny

Reactions: 1 users
Just got done with the UIC all in all liked the school. Just stoked to be on the same time zone as the mid west people.

Reactions: 1 users
Lanny the only tip I have for you is that its is time to move! J.k.
Honestly it is a conventional interview with three interviews. I had two students and the head of their diversity program.
It is not a blind interview though it is up two the interviewer if they want to ask questions based on your app.
The campus is very charming in the way that older buildings often are. I did not realize the school is no b.s. like less than 1/2 a mile away from Rush apparently both schools rotate at Cook County. The building is huge so I would recumbent getting there early to find your way. Though honestly just enter the main entrance on the corner of West Polk and Wolcott and hang a left and you will find it.
Other than that be the same Awesome selves you have all been on your interviews so far and you will be fine.

Last edited:
Lanny the only tip I have for you is that its is time to move! J.k.
Honestly it is a conventional interview with three interviews. I had two students and the head of their diversity program.
It is not a blind interview though it is up two the interviewer if they want to ask questions based on your app.
The campus is very charming in the way that older buildings often are. I did not realize the school is no b.s. like less than 1/2 a mile away from Rush apparently both schools rotate at Cook County. The building is huge so I would recumbent getting there early to find your way. Though honestly just of into the main entrance on the corner of West Polk and Wolcott and hang a left and you will find it.
Other than that be the same Awesome selves you have all been on your interviews so far and you will be fine.

Thanks!! :D

Does anyone else find that they still care way too much about grades? Like I was freaking out about how many muscles I need to know for my anatomy final. Then I was trying to calm myself down by reminding myself that it's okay to get a B in this class. And then I was like no no that's not acceptable, I have to get an A!

students I have met at some of these schools are so inspiring
Certainly a lot of amazing people. During a brief and regrettable stint selling cars I despised most of my coworkers. Which is why I feel confident in choosing medicine, because I like the majority of my fellow interviewees .

Certainly a lot of amazing people. During a brief and regrettable stint selling cars I despised most of my coworkers. Which is why I feel confident in choosing medicine, because I like the majority of my fellow interviewees .
I meant the medical students there haha, but yes interviewees are too :)

Does anyone else find that they still care way too much about grades? Like I was freaking out about how many muscles I need to know for my anatomy final. Then I was trying to calm myself down by reminding myself that it's okay to get a B in this class. And then I was like no no that's not acceptable, I have to get an A!
I mostly don't want a C, but I also need at least a 3.7 this year to stay at highest honors for my gpa

Hey guys. Would it be really bad to cancel my Columbia interview that is scheduled for the 17th. I'm so sick of flying and interviewing and I <3 Chicago. But I don't want to be rude or inconsiderate since I already scheduled it. Please give me real talk thoughts. Also, I <3 you @Lannister