The Official May 22, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenderboi930

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think many of you will agree that today is a great day to officially prepare for the May 22nd MCAT!!!

I was against the April 2015 MCAT because a typical 3 month schedule doesn't seem to work for
students and/or working test takers. With a little over 4 months of preparation we can go in with confidence!
It's all new and really scary--so let's kick MCAT butt together!!

I was also wondering, wouldn't many professional MCAT test takers and tutors want to take the MCAT 2015 as soon
as possible (April MCAT) so they can better they're material or teaching? Wouldn't that just destroy the curve?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
With only two weeks left before finals, I'm just like

upload_2015-12-1_22-21-58.png

Reactions: 2 users
I just used my slow cooker for the first time!!! The beef stew I made is so good and, even better, it didn't burn down my dorm!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They are actually designed so you cannot prepare for them.
I know there's no way you can prepare for specific prompts, but you can prepare by doing some practice MMIs to get the feel of them because I've never done this interview format before.

I'm so mad. So a month or so ago I screwed up at work and ended up spoiling a ton of ice cream. I apologized and said it would never happen again and everything was fine. Then yesterday, my co-worker made the same mistake. And I just happened to work the shift after her. So now I'm in trouble again for not noticing her mistake (she didn't flip a tiny little switch on one of the yogurt machines, like anyone would notice that). This is not fair, it's not my job to be checking her work, no one checked my work when I messed up and I took 100% of the blame for that. And what makes me even more angry is the fact that I covered half her shift yesterday because I knew she was having a bad day and wanted to go home, and she also forgot to plug in the cooler when she opened and spoiled a bunch of fruit, but I didn't tell anyone about it because I didn't want her to get in trouble.

Second rejection, Stanford baby. Running total: U Rochester and Stanford no like me

Just got the ax from Rochester this morning. Actually surprised is didn't come sooner after you and several other qualified applicants got rejected. Haha. Oh well.

For any of you who have had an MMI interview (I know Lannister had one), how did you prepare for it?
I practiced a few scenarios that I found online to get used to the formatting of it, and I just read up on them in general. They really aren't that bad, and the questions are designed so that you don't need any prior knowledge to answer them. It'll be some sort of ethical question usually. Sometimes there's teamwork or acting stations (which I think are the easiest).

Out of curiosity, what was the format of all of your schools' intro biology sequence? My school had a two semester system with two 5 credit biology classes with lab. For Duke they expect students to have a course in cellular/molecular biology, but my intro bio course went pretty in depth in these topic areas, but was curious if this format for biology is normal across schools.

Out of curiosity, what was the format of all of your schools' intro biology sequence? My school had a two semester system with two 5 credit biology classes with lab. For Duke they expect students to have a course in cellular/molecular biology, but my intro bio course went pretty in depth in these topic areas, but was curious if this format for biology is normal across schools.

Semester 1: Evolution and Ecology, 3 credits + 1 credit lab
Semester 2: Cells and Proteins, 3 credits, + 1 credit lab
Semester 3: Development and Physiology, 3 credits + 1 credit lab but very few people take the lab unless they're bio majors.

Ahh so you have a class specifically geared toward cellular biology in your intro sequence? Both semesters of my 5 credit class are just called Introductory Biology so Duke might not consider them acceptable for the cellular/molecular biology requirement even though we learned it fairly in depth :blackeye: I'll give 'em another call, though.

Woohoo, first acceptance! One of my in state schools. Such a relief. I was in the grocery store when I got the call so I walked straight to the champagne. Still holding out hope on my UMich deferral and a couple other schools to hear from, but...I GET TO BE AN MD!

Reactions: 7 users
Woohoo, first acceptance! One of my in state schools. Such a relief. I was in the grocery store when I got the call so I walked straight to the champagne. Still holding out hope on my UMich deferral and a couple other schools to hear from, but...I GET TO BE AN MD!
OMG CONGRATS THAT'S AWESOME YAAAAAS CHAMPAIGN SHOWERZZ

Ahh so you have a class specifically geared toward cellular biology in your intro sequence? Both semesters of my 5 credit class are just called Introductory Biology so Duke might not consider them acceptable for the cellular/molecular biology requirement even though we learned it fairly in depth :blackeye: I'll give 'em another call, though.

Yeah, it's an entire semester of intro cell bio, basically. Maybe you can email them a copy of the syllabus or something?

CONGRATS! YAYAYAY!

Congrats!

Is it nuts to be only taking science classes for two semesters? I have 4 this semester (doing fine in all) and 4 next semester + calculus II

Is it nuts to be only taking science classes for two semesters? I have 4 this semester (doing fine in all) and 4 next semester + calculus II

Haha I mean if that's what you wanna do I think it's fine. I always like to have half science classes and half humanities. Next semester I'll be taking no science classes :oops:

Haha I mean if that's what you wanna do I think it's fine. I always like to have half science classes and half humanities. Next semester I'll be taking no science classes :oops:
Haha, well...the chemistry department convinced me to change my second major last year, so I'm basically only taking courses needed to finish the biochem degree this year (I've already taken all my gen ED's and finished my other major). So I dunno if its a want necessarily, but I do like chem, so its whatever. And if I get a B, I could really give a bleep, which reduces stress 10-fold. I was mostly wondering if its weird to take that many science classes, because I'll see post on here sometimes about people complaining that they have 2-3 a semester.

And all humanities sounds fun! Some of my humanities classes have been my favorite classes

I will have no science next semester. I will bet you will forget less before school starts. But I have too much senioritis

Senioritis and 19 credits next semester will sure be interesting :laugh:

lol.

I'm not doing that next semester. But I've been there. Haha. My last 4 semesters have been filled with between 4-6 sciences courses a semester. (got an associates degree from a different school which took care of all my generals, but the only science class I took there was college algebra.) I always had to chuckle to myself when I heard people complaining about 2-3 science classes at once while I whispered under my breathe "you have no idea" lol.

Yay! Congrats!

Oh God my poster session for my senior capstone is tomorrow...I am so nervous. I don't actually have to give a formal presentation so I have nothing prepared but I'm afraid my PI is going to show up and be like "okay, present it to me".

Reactions: 1 users
They threw a Hail Mary with no time left to win the game. When you grow up a Lions fan, you come to expect stuff like this.

Last edited:
Well just got wait listed at UC Davis. Well at least their wait list actually moves and I already have one really good acceptance,

I wonder if I'll ever hear back from the 10 other schools I applied to
yeah ik what school i'm going to but i'm kinda bummed to only have gotten 3 II. ik some people want to kill me for saying that but...maybe i was overly optimistic? I'm kinda just assuming the silences are rejections at this point tho

Reactions: 1 users
Yesterday was my one year anniversary with SDN! So thankful for all of you that have been a part of that year!

Reactions: 3 users
yeah ik what school i'm going to but i'm kinda bummed to only have gotten 3 II. ik some people want to kill me for saying that but...maybe i was overly optimistic? I'm kinda just assuming the silences are rejections at this point tho
Where are you for sure going?? I can't remember. But it's annoying because at this point I feel the silence from schools is a rejection waiting to happen.