The Official May 22, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenderboi930

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think many of you will agree that today is a great day to officially prepare for the May 22nd MCAT!!!

I was against the April 2015 MCAT because a typical 3 month schedule doesn't seem to work for
students and/or working test takers. With a little over 4 months of preparation we can go in with confidence!
It's all new and really scary--so let's kick MCAT butt together!!

I was also wondering, wouldn't many professional MCAT test takers and tutors want to take the MCAT 2015 as soon
as possible (April MCAT) so they can better they're material or teaching? Wouldn't that just destroy the curve?

Members don't see this ad.

Guys just a little life advice. Pomegranate seeds might look normal, but if they taste alcoholic and fizz in your mouth you probably shouldn't eat them. And you definitely shouldn't eat a full cup of them. The results are not good.
lol wtf lanny?

lol wtf lanny?

They were really good and I couldn't stop and now I've been sick for two days :barf:

@Pastamahn I think since UW is such a great school compared to a lot of state schools, I'd be willing to go there if I was gonna save maybe $50,000 total across all four years, maybe less. But then again, it'd be really freaking hard to turn down WashU or Harvard.

LOL I was telling my nurse friend about how I woke up from a dream but felt paralyzed and couldn't snap out of the dream. Her diagnosis? Sudden Death Syndrome. Like what the hell? Given the fact that I am not dead, I obviously do not have that. I just lost a little bit of my faith in nurses.

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL I was telling my nurse friend about how I woke up from a dream but felt paralyzed and couldn't snap out of the dream. Her diagnosis? Sudden Death Syndrome. Like what the hell? Given the fact that I am not dead, I obviously do not have that. I just lost a little bit of my faith in nurses.
Oof. Don't judge all of us nurses by just that one! Sounds more like sleep paralysis to me ;)

about the school names impact for residency, I think I posted a survey in this thread that ranks school name very low in the list of things most programs look for even in specialties like dermatology. Everyone has been telling me to go to the cheapest school but obviously fit and location should also be part of the decision

Reactions: 1 users
about the school names impact for residency, I think I posted a survey in this thread that ranks school name very low in the list of things most programs look for even in specialties like dermatology. Everyone has been telling me to go to the cheapest school but obviously fit and location should also be part of the decision

I feel like all the pre-meds I talk to are like "go to whatever school is the best fit!" and all the doctors and residents are like "go to the cheapest school!"

Reactions: 1 user
Someone tell me where I fit lol

I feel like you just know haha. Like when I was at Case I could just imagine myself as part of the student body.
A small part of me is glad I only have one acceptance. No tough choices to make!

Also, I really really do not want to go to my UIC interview next week.

Hey all! Catching up since @raiderette called me out in another thread!
@Pastamahn, it is a good situation to be in. You have a good state school, but it would be hard to turn down a top school, especially if you get into Harvard.

Couple of my friends have decided to go to uic! They really liked the interview day

Tbh I think the reason I'm dreading it is because my friend (the nurse I was just talking about) keeps telling me what a horrible school and hospital it is and that I shouldn't go there.. I'm actually kind of mad at her for doing it because now I'm going in with this pre-conceived notion of what this school is like and it's probably not even accurate.
Also it's kind of insulting because I only got four interviews and for her to tell me that one of those four schools is crap is kind of insensitive.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah very true, I'll try to be positive! But I think at this point I'd not get placed at Chicago.
Your friend is one person who didn't event attend the school so I wouldn't put much stock in that opinion. Med students there are happy. I personally know one and he has nothing but good things to say so definitely go to the interview with an open mind

Your friend is one person who didn't event attend the school so I wouldn't put much stock in that opinion. Med students there are happy. I personally know one and he has nothing but good things to say so definitely go to the interview with an open mind

Yeah I know, but she went there for undergrad and she's my best friend so it's hard to totally ignore what she's saying, even if I logically know I shouldn't put much stock in her opinion. But I'm glad you know people who like it there!

Yeah I know, but she went there for undergrad and she's my best friend so it's hard to totally ignore what she's saying, even if I logically know I shouldn't put much stock in her opinion. But I'm glad you know people who like it there!
UIC is not great for undergrad. Much better to be in Urbana for undergrad. But med school is good overall.

UIC is not great for undergrad. Much better to be in Urbana for undergrad. But med school is good overall.

Yeah I agree, but she was at the nursing school which is surprisingly one of the best in the country. I think she just hates it because she was in UIC's hospital for a few days and they didn't bring her food for 3 days.

Well, don't put the horse before the cart either. No use stressing if UW isn't an option yet. I'd focus on determining which of the schools you've already gotten into you want to attend. If the option for UW becomes a reality than deal with that later on down the road. Plus, if you do get off of the waitlist, your reaction to that news will probably be pretty enlightening as to whether that's the school you want to be at or not.
Oh no I definitely agree I shouldn't get ahead of myself on this. I just wanted to think about it a little bit so on the off chance I am pulled off the wait list, I'm not scrambling to think of some pros and cons and make a decision in a fairly timely manner. Luckily I'm pretty sure I have my preferences pretty picked out from my current choices barring any good/bad news on financial aid once it comes through.

Don't some schools say they could even accept you the day before classes start? I feel like you should be able to but I haven't looked at that document

Don't some schools say they could even accept you the day before classes start? I feel like you should be able to but I haven't looked at that document
Yeah schools are allowed to send out acceptances up until the day of matriculation/orientation of the school you chose. But I"m curious about holding a wait list position (or multiple) past the April 30th deadline to pick a school.

Lol I'm the opposite. I'm sitting in my class watching Jane the Virgin on mute with the subtitles on and wondering why I didn't try to graduate early.
Lol I am actually afraid that i will have lost my ability to study by the time med school rolls arounds... Im dying to start

Reactions: 2 users
Currently snowed in due to the blizzard. Not much to do. Anyone else in this too?

Is it weird that I wish I was? I looove snow. Only an inch of snow on the ground and clear blue skies in Cleveland. Although it is really nice to see the sun.

Take out the name stuff. But good for you! You are going to be a doctor, so your stock is growing, regardless of how you see yourself. And you want to marry the smartest person you can find so you will have smart babies and she will make more than you!

Lolol after spending the first 3 days of my 4 day weekend doing absolutely nothing I was panicking about all the homework I have to do for Tuesday. Then I was like lol wait I'm a senior I don't have to do any of this ****. I love this.

Reactions: 1 users
Lolol after spending the first 3 days of my 4 day weekend doing absolutely nothing I was panicking about all the homework I have to do for Tuesday. Then I was like lol wait I'm a senior I don't have to do any of this ****. I love this.
Lanny is a bad@$$