The Official May 22, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenderboi930

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think many of you will agree that today is a great day to officially prepare for the May 22nd MCAT!!!

I was against the April 2015 MCAT because a typical 3 month schedule doesn't seem to work for
students and/or working test takers. With a little over 4 months of preparation we can go in with confidence!
It's all new and really scary--so let's kick MCAT butt together!!

I was also wondering, wouldn't many professional MCAT test takers and tutors want to take the MCAT 2015 as soon
as possible (April MCAT) so they can better they're material or teaching? Wouldn't that just destroy the curve?

Members don't see this ad.

hi guys
just figured i'd stop by and say
hi

Seriously though hope the cycle is going well for everyone! Proud to be a part of the most ridic (amazing) thread on SDN haha.

Reactions: 4 users
Oh my god you guys. I was sick with a horrible cold all weekend and I was so glad because I thought I was getting all the sickness out before my interview on Friday. Then just now, my suite mate tells me her boyfriend has the flu. If he has it she's probably gonna get it, and if she gets it I'm probably gonna get it. And he spends a lot of time in our suite so I could get it directly from him too.
I thought I was finally going to get through an interview without anything going disastrously wrong. Please God keep the flu away from me. I didn't get the flu shot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my god you guys. I was sick with a horrible cold all weekend and I was so glad because I thought I was getting all the sickness out before my interview on Friday. Then just now, my suite mate tells me her boyfriend has the flu. If he has it she's probably gonna get it, and if she gets it I'm probably gonna get it. And he spends a lot of time in our suite so I could get it directly from him too.
I thought I was finally going to get through an interview without anything going disastrously wrong. Please God keep the flu away from me. I didn't get the flu shot.
Why didn't you get the flu shot???

Why didn't you get the flu shot???

Because apparently I'm stupid :( I dunno I'm not like anti-vaxxer or anything obviously but my mom just never wanted us to have flu shots and last year's was only 19% effective and it just didn't seem worth it. I planned to get one this year for med school but I totally forgot. I'll have to go get one next week.

Wash your hands all the time, spray everything with Lysol, wipe down every surface and stay away from everyone. I am a big believer in flu shots, since when I get sick I tend to get it worse than normal for everything. This year is more effective, last year was a bit of a fluke.

ImageUploadedBySDN1453759650.320103.jpg
this is the nerdiest I've felt in a while...

Wash your hands all the time, spray everything with Lysol, wipe down every surface and stay away from everyone. I am a big believer in flu shots, since when I get sick I tend to get it worse than normal for everything. This year is more effective, last year was a bit of a fluke.

Yeah my suite mate sprayed every surface in the suite with lysol this morning, and I've been washing my hands a ton. Of course luck would have it that I randomly developed an eye infection, so before she told us he had the flu I was rubbing at my eye all morning.

YOU GUYS I just opened a pack of portobello mushrooms to make dinner and there was something effing growing in there! One of the mushrooms was covered in some kind of web and the other one was filled with these little grey sacs that looked like eggs. Why does this always happened to me?? First fermented pomegranate seeds, then infested mushrooms, what's next!

Members don't see this ad :)
sat down to study/
got food/
stuffs growin already
an its not spaghetti/
I's nervous/
cause it's surface looks/
nauseating/
I'ma throw up/
now I keep on forgetting/
what I wrote down/
my notes look sloppy now/
this sure is some funny chow/
I feel it in my bowels now
breakfasts up/
Im pukin/
blow

Reactions: 1 users
Now that I've been accepted, I'm starting to get so nervous and intimidated by the thought of medical school :dead:

Reactions: 1 user
Now that I've been accepted, I'm starting to get so nervous and intimidated by the thought of medical school :dead:

Dude same. I saw this video on Facebook that was like "This time lapse video of Cincinnati will make you want to move there!" and I watched it and I was like actually this just gives me anxiety.

For me it can't get here fast enough. I am aware that regardless of how much work i think it will be, it will be even more, to the point of being miserable. But i miss of going to the library and pushing myself and see how much i have, and when i start faltering, just find that second gear and keep going

My god...you guys are posting dating advice and whatnot on here. I love it. It looks like you guys are pretty much all accepted somewhere so congratulations! I need support more than you with my 0 acceptances :nailbiting:

My god...you guys are posting dating advice and whatnot on here. I love it. It looks like you guys are pretty much all accepted somewhere so congratulations! I need support more than you with my 0 acceptances :nailbiting:
Idk if we can help with that but if you need dating advice we got you

Reactions: 2 users
May 22 4 lyfe - We ride together, we die together. :horns:

I'm right there with ya without an acceptance but we will get there! Have faith!

I just watched Parenthood (the movie) for the first time ever, I can't believe I've never watched it before, it was so great!

Wooooo! Also it bothers me that post 11111 is the first one on page 1112. Why couldn't it have been on page 1111!?