The Official Midwestern University- Arizona Interview/Acceptance/Rejection***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who haven't received interviews...have your letters of rec uploaded?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone knows if it's ok to use almost all of "Why do you wish to attend MWU-CDMA specifically" with the MWU-IL?

Since they're on the same portal website, can either schools look at what I said about the other one?

I mean what the heck... they're both fairly new and have good faculty. I'm not that picky about dental school, all i care about is getting accepted.

Anyone knows if it's ok to use almost all of "Why do you wish to attend MWU-CDMA specifically" with the MWU-IL?

Since they're on the same portal website, can either schools look at what I said about the other one?

I mean what the heck... they're both fairly new and have good faculty. I'm not that picky about dental school, all i care about is getting accepted.

Nothing will likely happen. But if you can literally copy and paste the exact same thing, you will probably not impress them too much by your knowledge of their particular program. You're not alone in 'just wanting to get in'. That's pretty much everyone's goal and I'm sure plenty are using the same answer for not just these schools, but others. Try to find one or two unique things for each and throw it in there. For this prompt specifically, I'm pretty firm in my belief that one should not use the same answer. But I'm just saying at a minimum, switch things up a little bit. I'm pretty certain they would not bother to compare. Really certain. Who has time for that, especially with the volume of applications? But you've come a long way to skimp on a small essay/paragraph. A few more minutes will negate the possibility (even though slight) of them noticing.

If I worked in their admissions, I'd always be cautious of this and would look if I could. They know they're new and a backup and all that. No other schools have this sort of ability, really. I suspect they could if they wanted to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone had their letters issue resolved yet? My portal still says all my letters are missing.

I'll call tomorrow and figure this out for all of us. It's bugging me a TON.

I shall update ya all tomorrow!

for ppl that got interviews, does ur letter status say "expected" or "received"?

I'll call tomorrow and figure this out for all of us. It's bugging me a TON.

I shall update ya all tomorrow!

I called them Friday and they still say its some glitch in there program and we'll have to wait a few weeks, which seemed like a long time. Especially since others are receiving interviews.

I called them Friday and they still say its some glitch in there program and we'll have to wait a few weeks, which seemed like a long time. Especially since others are receiving interviews.

Yea, I don't understand, I mean if the glitch is for everyone, confused as to why some people got interviews and some didn't..

Wondering if the people that got interviews got supplementals before?

I think the people who got interviews didn't have the glitch affect them.

My application is finally complete...all LORs uploaded and got the confirmation email last night...hoping to hear soon :D

Members don't see this ad :)
mine still says missing LOR #1 but i got an interview so not sure whats going on :confused:

Yay! Glad its being worked out. Hopefully mine and everyone elses updates soon too.

Mine is fixed too, but no invites yet haha. I want one soonnnn.. =)

just got an email that my app is complete and under review... FINALLY.

Any alternates on here from last year? Im currently an alternate right now for the start class of 2013.... but reapplied just in case....I submitted secondary app on july 31st, Aug 1st I was invited for Interview. I have interview Sept 16th. Crossing fingers for round 2...ding ding ding

I took it July 6th. It was uploaded to AADSAS July 18.
So I was assuming the scores would upload immediately...

It says my application is complete and fee is paid on the portal, yet says it's unable to retrieve/find my info for the checklist and just about everything else. I don't know anything from them yet.

I, too, just checked my portal and noticed I've been invited to an interview! Been waiting around for a month to get that "glitch" fixed, and received an email saying my app was complete on August 7, 2013 12:22:17 AM PDT. First batch.

Just checked my portal today and found out I was invited for an interview.

First interview :)

I just wanted to make sure when you say portal you are talking about the AADSAS website? Is that correct?

Hi All,

How did you guys reply to the question of "list your activities"? like, did you put down any dates or where you did things, etc?

Example: Shadowing at Gentle Dental from 6/2012 - 8/2012?

Hi All,

How did you guys reply to the question of "list your activities"? like, did you put down any dates or where you did things, etc?

Example: Shadowing at Gentle Dental from 6/2012 - 8/2012?

I kept the dates a little more general, with just months and years. I put the names of the dentists I'd shadowed and organizations I'd volunteered with. They didn't give you very many characters to respond with IIRC, so just get it on there and don't worry about details. If anything, they should see it all on your AADSAS app anyway.

Most updated and high tech technology and equipment in the country. Beautiful clinic. Great great faculty. Down to earth students...no gunners. Small nice clean campus. Great weather. Extremely high board pass rates. Also boards after first year. Extremely responsive and caring faculty and staff including administration. Nicest + smartest + coolest Dean...he remembers every detail about every student, can recite personal statements almost quoted. Overall I highly recommend. This is my top school, tied with UOP. Maryland is third, my home state.

Reactions: 1 user
Sheesh. FINALLY got the "App complete and under review" email.

Took long enough.

No worries guys! Interviews are still going out. I just got one today.:)

so this is kind of off topic but do you think I should submit my application now for review based on these stats

17 AA 17 TS 19 RC 19 QR 18 PAT
3.7 o/s GPA
1100 community service hours
120 hours dental shadowing

or should I wait for the November DAT score? I am worried that will be too late to be considered for any interviews.

Hey do you remember when you got the app under review email?

are you from the east coast?

I got the application complete email august 7th and haven't heard since. I feel like east coast applicants are not getting any love

are you from the east coast?

I got the application complete email august 7th and haven't heard since. I feel like east coast applicants are not getting any love

Did you apply to any east coast schools? There are a ton on the east coast.

Did you apply to any east coast schools? There are a ton on the east coast.

Yeah I applied to my state school (nj), pitt, buffalo, nyu, temple, maryland, tufts, MWUIL)

I believe only NYU has given out invites out of all of them and I didn't get one.

Don't worry it's still early for interview invites.

Don't worry it's still early for interview invites.

do they interview a lot in spring? or is it mostly interview for waitlist?

would you say having a complete application by November 1st is deemed late?

do they interview a lot in spring? or is it mostly interview for waitlist?

would you say having a complete application by November 1st is deemed late?

They hardly interview spring, by that time they have wait lists or filling the last couple slots. The majority of the interviews will be between September and November so a complete application in November is late but if you have the stats you'll have a ok chance.

They hardly interview spring, by that time they have wait lists or filling the last couple slots. The majority of the interviews will be between September and November so a complete application in November is late but if you have the stats you'll have a ok chance.

thanks for the reply, so should I send my application now with the stats I mentioned in a few posts above or should I wait for the new score in November, is it possible they can grant me an interview and recommend taking November DAT for a final decision?

This is from the director of admissions:

Only review file once. Even for those indicating a retake, don't expect them to look again.

The front load interviews to do as many as possible before December 1. ~300

This is from the director of admissions:

Only review file once. Even for those indicating a retake, don't expect them to look again.

The front load interviews to do as many as possible before December 1. ~300

Interesting, so for those in the first/second batch who haven't yet received interviews... we can stop checking our portals now? haha

So I hadn't heard from this school since my app went under review on the 6th. I decided to call the school and see if my app had been reviewed and they said that they reviewed my app and it has been waitlisted for an interview. She said this means that they will look at it again later in the cycle and decide then if they want to give me an interview...not sure what I should make of this

Status
Not open for further replies.