The Official Midwestern University- Arizona Interview/Acceptance/Rejection***

Status
Not open for further replies.

asne0407

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope this is the first thread for Midwestern-Arizona. I looked and couldn't find one so here it is!...I was wondering if anyone has heard ANYTHING from them? I am in the second batch and haven't heard from them yet..

Members don't see this ad.

Second batch here too and nothing. Don't worry, I'm pretty sure they take their sweet time.:)

I hope to hear from them soon. I wonder how similar their secondary will be to MWU-IL?

Members don't see this ad :)
What sets this school apart from other dental schools?

^ They specifically state that until contacted, to not send/fill the supplementals, no?

^ They specifically state that until contacted, to not send/fill the supplementals, no?

I think they did an update yesterday. So if you had a login for MWU-IL it would just be there listed too if they issued one to you. Maybe a notice will come out tomorrow to fill it out. That's assuming that's what happened. Don't people freak out if you don't see it right now. I just know in the past you would see people who happened to see the option to schedule an interview and such in the portal before they were notified.

Just submitted the supp through the portal, hopefully I didn't jump the gun on that one.

They say to wait until they contact you because it makes their processing easier...

Rejected for eagerness and not being able to follow directions, wouldn't that be something haha

I still haven't gotten a email from MWU-CDMA yet saying to fill the app out.

Should I keep waiting, or should I submit?

Members don't see this ad :)
They haven't emailed anyone yet. I would wait it is still early.

I still haven't gotten a email from MWU-CDMA yet saying to fill the app out.

Should I keep waiting, or should I submit?

I'd just be patient. I get eager myself and want to be on the ball with this stuff. But If they haven't actually asked you (us) to complete it they probably aren't looking at them. Relax and just wait for that email saying to fill it out. At that point just pay and submit! thats my plan anyways.

Im confused. I contacted them a week ago and they said they are still in the process of reviewing applications. Have you guys already been contacted via email and filled out their supplementary applications?

Exactly, they specifically say do not send the secondary until contacted by the school on AADSAS. They are reviewing applicants to select those who qualify for the secondary application as most schools do. That means we must wait to be contacted until we send the secondary. You may be wasting your money if you send it to them and then find out they don't even ask you for one.

MWU IL has already sent me mine. I guess MWU AZ is slacking.

Finally, they had sent out the supplemental information today just like the one for MWU-IL.

Just got mine too. 2rd batch.

Hey everyone I was accepted here last year and moving to arizona in a little over a week! If anyone has questions or anything feel free to PM me :) Can't believe it was a year ago i was going through the process youre going through now GOOD LUCK

Finally, they had sent out the supplemental information today just like the one for MWU-IL.

Same here! I basically copied everything over except why MWU-CDMA part, lol.

I was third batch.

Just submitted the supplemental!

However, everything else has a red X beside it. Is this the situation for everyone else?

Did you read under the boxes with red crosses?

Letters of recommendation are not automatically uploaded when we receive your application.
Please allow up to two weeks for the processing of your application documents.

anyone get an update today on their mwu portal?

Got an invite on the portal today! Stats in the interview/ acceptance thread:D

Got an invite on the portal today! Stats in the interview/ acceptance thread:D

Congrats! Did they email you too, or was it just on the portal? Also, when were all your materials received? My portal still says my aadsas app and letters are expected.

No email yet, and it said they recieved LOR 1 and 2 the day after I submitted my supplemental (I believe 7/25). However, it still says my committee letter is missing even though my LOR 2 is a committee letter.

IFor those of you whose portals say letters or other materials are missing, i just called their office. They let me know that they had some kind of system error and they're now working on uploading all the letters/aadsas app materials by the end of the week.

So I just called MWU-AZ and she confirmed the glitch in the system and also stated that NO interview invites have been given out yet and they are still in the process of reviewing...Kind of confused how some people are saying they got interviews

So I just called MWU-AZ and she confirmed the glitch in the system and also stated that NO interview invites have been given out yet and they are still in the process of reviewing...Kind of confused how some people are saying they got interviews

Great work!! Thank you for posting it.

That is so weird.

So there are fakes lurking on SDN =(??

I find it kinda strange and sad that someone would lie about getting an interview. Though i guess its possible someone could do that. The person you spoke with on the phone is probably an admin assistant or receptionist who was misinformed about interview status.

I have an interview scheduled for sept 9th at 745. I just called to double check because this thread made me nervous but they told me I was scheduled!

ya it was probably just a mis informed receptionist

For those who have interviews does the mwunet say you have all your letters of rec. in?

O well I guess we will be waiting then :corny:...nothing we can do...I sent my supp app the night of as well

O well I guess we will be waiting then :corny:...nothing we can do...I sent my supp app the night of as well

Ugh. yes..more waiting. I hope they fix the "glitch" soon.

I'm starting to think I need to take a break from SDN. Seeing all these people getting interviews so early is making me stressed that I have none :/

Same thing happened to me 2 cycles ago. Mine was a composite letter from my undergrad: just a bundle of letters with a cover letter just saying it was a bundle of letters. When they showed up in the portal, it showed one science letter and then the cover letter. So, probably the first 2 "pages" in the file. I emailed explaining and it was fixed right after. Seems like a mismatch in how they import or something in addition to just getting to each applicant whether it's in chronological order or cheery-picked based on other things they see first. As a side note, I've heard they like a solid letter, not too generic. Just keep an eye on it. The good news is that you're all early still and they interview plenty. Knock their socks off and you'll get in. Your app is completely of the table once you interview. Feel free to PM me if you want an interview rundown. It's long and I prefer to not post it here. If your letters don't correct soon, act on it. One day an interview option will just pop up, probably before you get an email. Another piece of advice, don't reschedule if you don't absolutely need to. It's so easy to switch dates in their system and seems harmless. One dude a few cycles ago got called about it. Kind of a, "do you want to come here or not" sort of thing. SDN folklore? Maybe. But it doesn't surprise me.

I'm starting to think I need to take a break from SDN. Seeing all these people getting interviews so early is making me stressed that I have none :/

I was thinking the same thing. This is only adding to my stress and I know it's probably for no reason. I think the schools give me enough information to stay on top of it, being impatient and comparing myself with everyone else is not helping any. haha. I'm going to go stick my head in the sand for now.:)

The people that got interviews:

Out of curiosity, what batch were you?

Status
Not open for further replies.