The Official Midwestern University- Arizona Interview/Acceptance/Rejection***

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL i should probably call...

Just call them up and stop stressing over it! Im not sure what you're worried about, they're super friendly on the phone. Trust me, it's a relief to know where you stand.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the waitlist too :( but they are very nice on the phone so I guess that's good....

With all this movement I'm tempted to call as well.

Might wait until Monday as I don't want to ruin my weekend. On the other hand, I could call tomorrow and then drink away the trauma at a beer festival on Saturday.

SDN, what say you?

LMAO

waitlisted here.. I won't hear back till 1st of the year.

At least not a rejection

NOW I don't have to check on this goddamn portal every second now.

With all this movement I'm tempted to call as well.

Might wait until Monday as I don't want to ruin my weekend. On the other hand, I could call tomorrow and then drink away the trauma at a beer festival on Saturday.

SDN, what say you?

The latter... then regardless of the news you have ample reason to slug a few dogfish heads.

If you haven't received an interview via the portal or email there are only 3 outcomes for calling: 1) your application is still under review 2) waitlist for interview 3) rejection...so if you are okay hearing one of those outcomes then call...if not then delay the inevitable

If you haven't received an interview via the portal or email there are only 3 outcomes for calling: 1) your application is still under review 2) waitlist for interview 3) rejection...so if you are okay hearing one of those outcomes then call...if not then delay the inevitable

Yup. That's what the lady told me.

They are currently not considering my application for an interview.

Last edited:
With all the bustle in this thread, it's got me wondering: has anyone given a call to MWU-IL? I haven't seen any interviews from this school pop up yet, so I'm not advocating for anyone to make the call, just curious if anyone already has.

They are currently not considering my application for an interview. So I assume that's a rejection. :scared:

Sorry to hear that...yes that is what they are saying for rejections...for waitlist they will tell you to look for invites after Jan.

Typically, is the AZ program harder to get into rather than IL? I thought that was the case since IL is still in the initial accreditation stage.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called and was told that I'm on the waitlist. I'm going to call MW-IL to see if they can tell me if I'm rejected or not?

Typically, is the AZ program harder to get into rather than IL? I thought that was the case since IL is still in the initial accreditation stage.

I think MWU-AZ is slightly more competitive than MWU-IL: There is a small disparity between average DAT/GPAs (3.44 vs. 3.56 oGPA) of admitted students between the Downer's Grove and Glendale campus, and a couple hundred more students applied to the Glendale campus in 2012 (~2,550 vs. ~2,350).

I called but they were closed, so I will call tomorrow.I hope they don't reject people who call them.lol

What they don't tell you is that they keep a list of everyone that calls them and they make sure those who call get automatic rejections. I kid of course. Good luck everyone this is a fantastic school.

"at this time we will not be inviting you to interview. should that change in the future we will contact you via email"

no worries. i've had quite a while to mentally prepare myself for the certainty that i'll receive a lot more of those than interviews/acceptances.

no worries. i've had quite a while to mentally prepare myself for the certainty that i'll receive a lot more of those than interviews/acceptances.

Great attitude man. She said the same thing to me word for word. On to the next one I suppose...

I got a letter in the mail today, dated August 13, saying my application has been put on hold pending possible future interview invitation. So I guess I got waitlisted too.

I just called and received the same "not invited to interview" answer. :( boo

It's good to rip the band aid off and just call but it still hurts :scared:

AADSAS just uploaded my DAT scores last friday... any idea how long MWU takes to update their online portal?

I'm anxious to get those in!

They just sent me a snail mail saying what they told me over the phone.

At this time i'm not selected for an interview and my application will be on hold and re-reviewed throughout the cycle. It's like a very amorphous/soft rejection lol.

While I'm unhappy to be "rejected" I do appreciate their transparency and very timely communication.

They just sent me a snail mail saying what they told me over the phone.

At this time i'm not selected for an interview and my application will be on hold and re-reviewed throughout the cycle. It's like a very amorphous/soft rejection lol.

While I'm unhappy to be "rejected" I do appreciate their transparency and very timely communication.

Got the same letter in the mail.

have they done this "postponed rejection/interview" in the past or is this something new they're trying?

yeah, they sent the snail mail last cycle too so it is not something new that they are trying to do this year:(

Rejected from MWU-Az for having too low of a QR score. Told me everything else on application was fine, but I should work on getting QR up to where other scores are and I'd have a better shot next time - they were just worried that my low QR was a red flag.

Good luck everyone!

Rejected from MWU-Az for having too low of a QR score. Told me everything else on application was fine, but I should work on getting QR up to where other scores are and I'd have a better shot next time - they were just worried that my low QR was a red flag.

Good luck everyone!

they provided a 'why'! unsolicited?

Good luck everyone!

What's your QR Score, if you don't mind me asking...

Nah, I asked them what needed to be improved on my application to give me a better shot next time.

Luckily, you won't have a next time. If that was really their only reason, that's kind of lane. I mean, I understand needing to get through lots of apps, but a 17 in QR seems harsh.

What's your QR Score, if you don't mind me asking...

I had a 17 in QR.

@ Jeffity, yeah I was surprised because everyone says QR isn't all that important. They just said it was a red flag because it was way lower than my other scores. I'm not too concerned yet, still have 6 other schools to hear from :)

I had a 17 in QR.

@ Jeffity, yeah I was surprised because everyone says QR isn't all that important. They just said it was a red flag because it was way lower than my other scores. I'm not too concerned yet, still have 6 other schools to hear from :)

Way to stay positive man! I'm sure that will show in your interviews. Optimism is def needed in this time of strife and turmoil.

I had a 17 in QR.

I don't believe they rejected you because of 17 in QR.

I got a 17 in RC and got waitlisted. Plenty of people got into the school even with a 17 in the science section.

I don't believe they rejected you because of 17 in QR.

I got a 17 in RC and got waitlisted. Plenty of people got into the school even with a 17 in the science section.

Yeah, I was wondering about that - this is just what they told me over the phone. I might not have what they're looking for as far as EC's and such? My community service and things are lower than some other SDN'ers. Had 50+ hours dental shadowing with a few dif dentists, 100+ hours community service for the underserved, had personal statement checked over by 2 people on here + my mom (she works at a college) that all thought it was good, increasing trend for GPA (~3.7 for last 4 semesters), a research project, leadership position, had good letters of recommendation, etc.

Not really sure what was wrong unless it was just not enough hours for things like volunteering and shadowing. Just gonna accept that they didn't like my 17 because it was significantly lower than my other sections :oops:

Ahh Alright. Thanks and good luck, man! ^__^

Yeah, I was wondering about that - this is just what they told me over the phone. I might not have what they're looking for as far as EC's and such? My community service and things are lower than some other SDN'ers. Had 50+ hours dental shadowing with a few dif dentists, 100+ hours community service for the underserved, had personal statement checked over by 2 people on here + my mom (she works at a college) that all thought it was good, increasing trend for GPA (~3.7 for last 4 semesters), a research project, leadership position, had good letters of recommendation, etc.

Not really sure what was wrong unless it was just not enough hours for things like volunteering and shadowing. Just gonna accept that they didn't like my 17 because it was significantly lower than my other sections :oops:

That was just a stupid excuse for them to reject you. FYI, I have only 100 hours of shadowing at a general dentist office, and less than 100 hours of extracurricular activities. I have no community service for undeserved, and my DAT score barely made an overall of 19. I have no research experience neither. I don't know if they value gpa more since I have a 4.0 but all of my prereqs are done at CC.

So yeah, they might just not like your application.

That was just a stupid excuse for them to reject you. FYI, I have only 100 hours of shadowing at a general dentist office, and less than 100 hours of extracurricular activities. I have no community service for undeserved, and my DAT score barely made an overall of 19. I have no research experience neither. I don't know if they value gpa more since I have a 4.0 but all of my prereqs are done at CC.

I thought it was weird too, but it's done with now. GPA could definitely be a bigger consideration for them, but I thought mine was kind of average in comparison to most applicants, not really good, but not bad either.

Regardless of my rejection, hope you get in from the waitlist!

This is getting some hot response. Sorry to keep discussing. Your app looks pretty solid to me, so I'm sure it's a little discouraging, but your attitude is positive. I'm thinking you'll do just fine this cycle with your other schools.

I'm not so sure their recent averages reflect this, but regarding DAT vs GPA, admissions captain (I don't know his real title) says the dean favors DAT. But he "knows of a couple other people who think otherwise". That would be him and the other admissions guy, I assume. He also says a high GPA can offset a less-than-stellar DAT, and vice-versa. For the record, I rolled a 17 in QR AND OCHM. But I also had 3.9s. So maybe that's all true. But it's not like his GPAs are terrible. So odd that they of all people would actually see any sort of major concern for a QR score with a 20/20.

I thought it was weird too, but it's done with now. GPA could definitely be a bigger consideration for them, but I thought mine was kind of average in comparison to most applicants, not really good, but not bad either.

Regardless of my rejection, hope you get in from the waitlist!

Thanks! I hope you get good news from the other schools.

hey Jeffity...do you have any idea what % of those who interview at Midwestern-AZ are accepted into the class??

Check out the first page of the University of Kentucky thread. I asked the same question for kentucky and Paperclipz posted a link to another thread that has an excel spread sheet with your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.