The Official November 7, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

M.D.orbust

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I am signed up for this date. 8:00 a.m. Yikes!!! I am aiming hard to make 40+ my reality so hence me making this thread so early. A former lab- mate and current medical student had a ton of MCAT prep stuff she gave to me. So I have the Examcrackers set, Hyperlearning set, regular Princeton Review, audio osmosis, and practice MCAT tests from a variety of sources I also do the MCAT questions a day through email and on my phone (to help with super quick recall). I am officially studying legitimately now. Currently starting with Examcrackers. I'd love to hear from you all doing the same. Let's do this!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Am I the only one who kind of doesn't want to know their score? I thought I did fine when I took it, but the finality of knowing the score is just so bittersweet. That coupled with the fact that if I didn't do well then I'm done with the med school dream (I'm 26 and am doing a masters in mechanical engineering as a backup and hoping it doesn't become primary)

Am I the only one who kind of doesn't want to know their score? I thought I did fine when I took it, but the finality of knowing the score is just so bittersweet. That coupled with the fact that if I didn't do well then I'm done with the med school dream (I'm 26 and am doing a masters in mechanical engineering as a backup and hoping it doesn't become primary)

i feel you on that.... it's such a big buildup and the climax is about 4 seconds long. but then more drama begins to build for those of us in a current cycle waiting for a school to love our scores.

Frank is probably procrastinating, his one job for today is to click "POST RESULT FOR THESE PRE-MED DOUCHEBAGS", while we wait in agony. Probably will make a trip to the men's room to give himself pleasures before doing his one job of the day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Inspirational. I don't know whether or not to look at my scores since I'm going to be working from 3-11 or should I just wait until after work
IDk depends on where you work. If you have a chill job then go ahead and check. IF you have a hectic job then wait till 11pm or check during your break time. either way I hope it is good news for you.

P.S I would totally check either way lol

well i have a patient in 30 min, then i will check after. i should be done around 3PM central time, which is 4PM eastern, so maybe they will be up then. otherwise i am leaving for a chiro appointment at 3:45 so I won't be able to check until I get home to hopefully not have to cry in public and/or on the interstate home

i feel you on that.... it's such a big buildup and the climax is about 4 seconds long. but then more drama begins to build for those of us in a current cycle waiting for a school to love our scores.

I'm there also. My sGPA is 3.3 last MCAT was 31 (PS 12 VR 11 BS (engineering didn't help here) 8), it expired (and I stupidly didn't apply to OOS DO schools last cycle) so I had to retake.

I'm there also. My sGPA is 3.3 last MCAT was 31 (PS 12 VR 11 BS (engineering didn't help here) 8), it expired (and I stupidly didn't apply to OOS DO schools last cycle) so I had to retake.

damnn....... that sucks so bad to have thrown away a 31. the 8 is kinda a downer, but meh it won't get you auto rejected at any, or many, schools.

did you get interviews anywhere? it would suck to have a 31, albeit unbalanced, and not get in.

One thing I realized after graduating is that there are so. many. possibilities out there, and we can do anything we want if we try hard enough. It might just be a new start to something else great if you end up getting a lower score or decide not to do a MD. Just trying to stay positive here before seeing this score. Good luck everyone! Oh and first post on snd btw :)

I feel like I'm in a courtroom.

"I find the defendant guilty of not studying that one night in summer resulting in a poor MCAT score. Punishment, a month more of MCAT studying and a retake!"

One thing I realized after graduating is that there are so. many. possibilities out there, and we can do anything we want if we try hard enough. It might just be a new start to something else great if you end up getting a lower score or decide not to do a MD. Just trying to stay positive here before seeing this score. Good luck everyone! Oh and first post on snd btw :)
welcome to the snd support group.

who has alcohol ready for both possibilities of a good result and a bad result? lol

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got a 30! :}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I couldn't be more grateful. Congrats to all of you and I hope you all get the scores you deserve. WE MADE IT!

Reactions: 5 users
33 (11, 10, 12). Exactly what my practice tests were at. I thought VR was my best section but I only got a 10. I thought PS was my worst but I got an 11. Soooo the MCAT is still an odd beast, but I'm done with it.

Got 12/5/12. This was my second retake (my first attempt was 11/5/8). Mainly apply to DO school. Am I done?

I got a 34. I am disappointed because I was averaging 36.5, but I can't complain I guess. 11/11/12

My distribution was a 10/9/11 !!

No it's not AMAZING but it's amazing for me lol. I legit had such a psychological aspect with this test. I couldn't be happier. My GPA is high and my Extracurriculars are growing. Going to build it up even more this coming year and apply broadly!

Thank you all for your support seriously :clap:

Reactions: 1 users
I'm asking for the 12/6 group, but how was your PS curve? From what I've read on this thread, it seems like we had a similar (and unexpected) PS section
The PS curve was apparently helpful. In my last 7 practice tests I scored 11, 11, 10, 10, 11, 10, 12. On the real test I scored 11 even though I felt my test performance was worse than any of those practice tests. I was expecting a 9 maybe

33 (8/13/12). Happy with my overall score, but not with how unbalanced it is. Anyone have any thoughts on how that will look to med schools?

My sister got a 34, OMG, no more drama, or at least happy drama. I only got a 33 so she kicked my ass.

First attempt 1.5 years ago was 26 (PS 8 VR 8 and BS 10)
Second attempt, Average AAMC FL 33
Actual 34 (PS 12 VR 9 BS 13)

Thank god she doesn't have to take again. Good luck to all.

Test Date: 11/7/14
Time: 8:00 am
FL AAMC Average:
AAMC 10-11 Avg.:
Post-test expected score:
Actual Score (PS/VR/BS):

My score was up

VR 07 PS 10 BS 10

This is 2 points lower than my 2013 MCAT

Now I just have to plan for what's next . Hope my 29 gets me somewhere

This day sucks for me and verbal has killed my soul

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! texan2414 logging in to report GOOD news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 PS / 9 VR / 11 BS = 32 composite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The section I was most concerned about was freaking VR and it gave the best results!!!!
Also, thank you so very much Berkeley Review ....... could NOT have made that 12 in PS without it!!!

Reactions: 7 users
33 (10/10/13). Pleased definitely, a little frustrated there wasn't more improvement from my expired 32, but at least no scores went down.

Congrats, everyone! Lots of hard work - wish I could buy you all drinks

33!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10/11/12........I'm crying. Retake, 28 last time. I'm so relieved!!!!!!!!

FL AAMC Average: 31 (#3 only)
AAMC 10-11 Avg: n/a (never took)
Post-test expected score: 30
Actual Score (PS/VR/BS): 11/12/10 = 33 !!

Reactions: 1 users
FL AAMC Average: 36.1
AAMC 10-11 Avg: 36.5
Post-test expected score: 33
Actual Score (PS/VR/BS): 11/11/12 (34)

I'm kind of disappointed that I didn't make my average... just adds less certainty to the whole thing I guess.

FL AAMC Average: 26
AAMC 10-11 Avg: 24.5
Post-test expected score: 27
Actual Score (PS/VR/BS): 10/11/10 (31)

I have never been so happy in my entire life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 19 users
I don't know if I should smile or cry on my new MCAT score. 14PS+12BS+7VR=33 Total. I noticed that many DO schools request applicants to score 8 or better on VR. My previous score is 12PS+11BS+6VR=29.

FL AAMC Average: 27
AAMC 10-11 Avg: 25.5
Post-test expected score: 27
Actual Score (PS/VR/BS): 10/11/10 (31)

I have never been so happy in my entire life.
YOU DID IT @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Been rooting for you so muhc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess sometimes it serves us best to let go of our ego!!! Your post-test feelings still haunt me (positively :) )