The Official October 25th, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Violagirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Just thought I'd get a thread out there for those of us taking the MCAT on October 25th! Feel free to post how you plan to study, any study tips/tricks you might have or other resources you found helpful that might benefit others. I originally planned on taking the MCAT on July 12th but ended up having to reschedule with the hassle of job hunting. Now that I have a new job lined up, I ended up rescheduling to take it in October instead in getting back on track with studying. Best of luck to everyone taking it!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Haha, oh God... I'll probably say too much. I think the most important aspect of this exam is to be confident in your ability to reason and not over analyze things. Sometimes some of the answers are really as straightforward as looking at a table and understanding what it's telling you. I think people freak out when they see information presented this way, but for instance, if you see a positive coorelation with some characteristic and a disease, then it's highly likely that the disease is due to that characteristic. It's sorta common sense. There were a few answers I second guessed myself and I regret changing last minute because I was initially right. Sometimes the questions really are just that easy. Maybe they were a little generous with the biology section, but I didn't think it was all too bad. My orgo knowledge was largely self-taught (as in I read a textbook chapter by chapter). We had two organic passages on my exam and one of them was more biochem related. MCAT organic seems really straightforward and none of you should neglect it entirely. It's a really easy way to boost your score. Some of the questions are just gimmies. HOWEVER, I would not stress over it. The level of detail TBR goes in is way over the top and I personally think Chad's videos, EK, or even TPRH Organic is more than enough to do well on those passages. As for the biology content, it just seemed so weird to me because it didn't really seem like I was using anything I knew. There was barely any physiology and I agree with others that there is an increasing trend in genetics. But I definitely don't think it's necessary to take a class in genetics to do well. Most of the questions can be reasoned out by passage info. I'm not the best critical thinker but I was able to reason through some of them fairly easily - which kinda worries me a bit, lol. But anyways, again, know what's presented on AAMC outline, but don't strive for perfection because ultimately, most of what you did study unfortunately won't be tested. Verbal was hell. I was seated by the door so I had a very hard time focusing - not because of the noise (the headphones blocked it), but because I'd get so distracted by people walking by to the door. The first 3 passages I did were okay, but there rest were extremely convoluted to the point where I was entirely lost while reading. It was like they were throwing random bits of info at you with every paragraph and I had a very difficult time formulating a summary and main idea. I guessed on most of the questions, which worries me even more. Do not neglect verbal. I think critical reading is just part of it, but building up the stamina to read several passages back to back without feeling fatigue is just as important. For the physical sciences, I can't really say much but do realize they really can flip things around on ya. Without exposing the contests of the exam, they presented this one concept that we are all familiar with, except it was on another planet with a slight change and so you had to be able to reason out the answers using that new information. It seems scary, but again, it's all about being able to reason things out.

Sorry if this didn't help much, but basically what I'm trying to say is don't stress out over the content so much. I think if you all hit practice passages as much as possible (even if you don't know what the hell is going on), you could atleast do really well on the exam because you're practicing your ability to reason (what most questions are about these days). I agree there is a lot of material, so maybe this might help alleviate some concerns for those of you who feel it's necessary to know every bit of information. And once again, DO NOT NEGLECT VERBAL.
what sources did you use for sciences? and how many fls did you take?

Because my time was limited, I focused on doing as many passages as I could get my hands on. I finished PR Workbook and AAMC FL's just in time before my test. I had TBR books, but there's no way I could manage to practice everything atleast once using their materials alone. I thought PR materials were very helpful in tacking some of the questions on my test - and the last few AAMCs (specifically 10 & 11) are the most reflective of what the test is like today. If I weren't taking summer classes, I probably would have had time to do TBR as well. It's probably what I'll end up using this time around since I exhausted PR. Unfortunately, I didn't pracctice verbal as much as I should have. I started doing 2-3 passages the last month (from PR) which I found to be much more helpful than EK 101's ... their explanatoins totally suck. But because I waited so long, I did not have the stamina or endurance to stay focused after the 3rd passage and from there I felt like I absolutely guessed on everything.

If you guys want a good score, definitely focus on doing PR SWBK first & AAMC FL's (don't forget about verbal too). If you guys have a strong foundation, only then would I recommend TBR to ehance what you know. But if you're like most people and want a decent score to get admitted (nothing over the top), PR is the way to go in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, TBR is a great company, but over hyped on SDN because of SN2ed's schedule. It's been like that for years. I just think it's silly for someone to try to run a marathon when you haven't started jogging yet. If you're new to the material or it's been a while like it has for me, PR is best suited for you. I'm sure others will debate this, so I can only speak from my own experience.

Reactions: 3 users
Because my time was limited, I focused on doing as many passages as I could get my hands on. I finished PR Workbook and AAMC FL's just in time before my test. I had TBR books, but there's no way I could manage to practice everything atleast once using their materials alone. I thought PR materials were very helpful in tacking some of the questions on my test - and the last few AAMCs (specifically 10 & 11) are the most reflective of what the test is like today. If I weren't taking summer classes, I probably would have had time to do TBR as well. It's probably what I'll end up using this time around since I exhausted PR. Unfortunately, I didn't pracctice verbal as much as I should have. I started doing 2-3 passages the last month (from PR) which I found to be much more helpful than EK 101's ... their explanatoins totally suck. But because I waited so long, I did not have the stamina or endurance to stay focused after the 3rd passage and from there I felt like I absolutely guessed on everything.

If you guys want a good score, definitely focus on doing PR SWBK first & AAMC FL's (don't forget about verbal too). If you guys have a strong foundation, only then would I recommend TBR to ehance what you know. But if you're like most people and want a decent score to get admitted (nothing over the top), PR is the way to go in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, TBR is a great company, but over hyped on SDN because of SN2ed's schedule. It's been like that for years. I just think it's silly for someone to try to run a marathon when you haven't started jogging yet. If you're new to the material or it's been a while like it has for me, PR is best suited for you. I'm sure others will debate this, so I can only speak from my own experience.
ur posts have been very insightful
ty! i hope u get a good score and congras on being done :)

Members don't see this ad :)

I see what you're saying here (TBR goes in pretty hard with content and passages) and I was actually discouraged by this @ the beginning of my studies cause the passages were killing me…but I came BACK to the TBR books after abandoning them for a brief stint and man am I glad I did. I tried using TPRH which was easier to get thru than TBR--BUT it literally has ZERO test taking tips/tricks. TBR is loaded with these throughout the text and in the passages. And these are invaluable I feel. I think if one watched Chads vids on the respective topic before jumping into TBR its totally doable. I talk to people too often (my friend being one) that avoids TBR for content and does EK to fly thru the content and only gets burned come time to do passages /FL's. Then he had to re-study everything with TBR after going thru EK--so his plan to save time actually wasted time. I see what you mean with TPRH and saying it is a good alternative,(way better than EK lol) but it still isn't TBR. The diff in gen chem quality is drastic between the two--physics not so much.

PS I am not hating on anyone who is using EK (I use it as part of my bio review) but if you talk to people and look at 30+ thread the the majority of the people who score well using EK had high diagnostics . When I say high I mean low 30's before any studying…so these people already basically knew their **** cold or are genius. I would like to hear from people in particular with low 20's or high teens diagnostics using exclusively EK and scoring well into the 30's…hmmm doesn't seem probable. I scored a whopping 22 on my diagnostic which is why I am utilizing TBR. Lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Thoughts on Re-reading
Listened to a radio program that says re-reading doesn't help as well as practicing passages. That's because when you re-read you may be memorizing the text better but not actually utilizing the material. I think it's better to do practice passage and review answers. Plus re-reading stuff is very very boring. Typically I only google the stuff I'm still weak on or just watch a short vid on it. Like my physics prof said "If you are confused reading the book, why get confused again?".

Searching for Correct Vids
Many lecture vids may be great when you have done the reading but is still stuck. However, there is one level of MCAT that pure lecture vids may not offer and that's the experimental passages. In that case, I would just search say Southern Blotting on youtube, or Cyclotron. I typically don't re-watch videos either, like re-reading if I think the video doesn't explain it well I switch to another source.

Is progesterone released anytime during the follicular phase? Or is it released just during the luteal phase? I think it is released during the follicular phase as well but not too sure....

I see what you're saying here (TBR goes in pretty hard with content and passages) and I was actually discouraged by this @ the beginning of my studies cause the passages were killing me…but I came BACK to the TBR books after abandoning them for a brief stint and man am I glad I did. I tried using TPRH which was easier to get thru than TBR--BUT it literally has ZERO test taking tips/tricks. TBR is loaded with these throughout the text and in the passages. And these are invaluable I feel. I think if one watched Chads vids on the respective topic before jumping into TBR its totally doable. I talk to people too often (my friend being one) that avoids TBR for content and does EK to fly thru the content and only gets burned come time to do passages /FL's. Then he had to re-study everything with TBR after going thru EK--so his plan to save time actually wasted time. I see what you mean with TPRH and saying it is a good alternative,(way better than EK lol) but it still isn't TBR. The diff in gen chem quality is drastic between the two--physics not so much.

PS I am not hating on anyone who is using EK (I use it as part of my bio review) but if you talk to people and look at 30+ thread the the majority of the people who score well using EK had high diagnostics . When I say high I mean low 30's before any studying…so these people already basically knew their **** cold or are genius. I would like to hear from people in particular with low 20's or high teens diagnostics using exclusively EK and scoring well into the 30's…hmmm doesn't seem probable. I scored a whopping 22 on my diagnostic which is why I am utilizing TBR. Lol.

I have to agree but also disagree. But I have to point out that you shouldn't rely on just one prep company because they each have pros and cons. Specifically, EK users, if you're using it for content review, prepare to supplement with TBR or TPR. You can breeze through the content fast because there aren't that much compared to TPR/TBR but you'll notice from your practice that EK doesn't cover everything. EK is good to give you the basic foundation but like what @bambam92 was saying, they don't provide you with tricks as TBR does. If you're limited on time and do EK content, I think it's helpful to do as many TBR/TPR passages as possible and learn extra info from your mistakes and pay attention to what they say you should look for.

I agree with @billy2908 too..rereading the same notes isn't going to help as much. What I found to be most helpful after going through EK content is by doing TBR passages and learning from my mistakes. I think that's been the most helpful part of my study is by doing passages. In my TBR books, I have 488 passages and TPRSW also have a lot per subject so I think more focus should be given to practicing then figuring out your weaknesses and working on them.

Is progesterone released anytime during the follicular phase? Or is it released just during the luteal phase? I think it is released during the follicular phase as well but not too sure....

The progesterone gets released a lot during Luteal Phase but during Follicular Phase, the estrogen and progesterone levels are low so for the sake of MCAT, I think knowing that progesterone/estrogen get released mainly during luteal phase would be good to know..any additional info will probably be provided in the passage. I did a Kaplan passage with hormones during reproduction and stuff I didn't know were provided in the passage. I could be wrong though.

Hows everyone doing ? This date coming up so fast !! I cannot wait to get this thing done and move on with life :dead: Finishing ch 9 of TBR physics today and hopefully ch 9 of gen chem. Hoping to be done with content review at the end of Monday. Then just start ripping straight passages from there on out--starting with all TBr 2/3 in span of a few days…then AAMC SA package…then take AAMC #4 to see where I am at!

As a side rant---I recently started taking Monster low-carb energy drink (the blue can) when I study and do passages….and HOLY FUARKK this stuff is amazing!!! I used to be in 7:30-8 minute range on passages (I time myself) now I buzz thru passages in under 6 minutes!! Lmao I am not kidding--and my percentages are staying the same. Btw I am someone who gets jittery AF from lots of coffee so definitely was not someone drawn to energy drinks--but this stuff with all the combo of taurine, ginseng, and carnitine must also help to calm (cause their is a **** load of caffeine) because I end up in this zen where I am laser focus but not jittery (which coffee makes me feel jittery. ) Just thought I would throw it out there for you guys---I have been so impressed. And there is only 3 g of sugar per serving so no nasty crash like most energy drinks. Ok I'm done..Love you guys:thumbup:

I found a new hideout, another library, and this one has no crying children. Parking is a problem but will have to deal with it. Dunno why they blow air at full speeds out of the vents. It was freezing cold where I was today. Am tempted to try your drink for verbal. That may be the missing link for me....:). Is anybody doing ICC (TPR in class compendium)? The book I have only has passages with answers but with no explanations of any sort for correct ans -- for any of the sections. Just wanted to confirm that.....

Has any one started series of FL yet?

I am just wrapping up TBR gen chem ch 10 today and will do physics ch 10 tomorrow. Then done with content (finally)..bought the AAMC SA other day so will likely start with that later this week--with TBR 2/3rds mixed in. I want to do other FL's in addition to AAMC--as there seems to be a pretty positive correlation with # FL's taken and success…I'm generalizing, but still. I have kaplan FL's (old paper ones) but will likely get the 10 GS exams off ebay cause they're cheap and supposedly their scale is pretty tight to AAMC versus kaplan which is just kind of whack. Ideally I wanted to do kaplan FL 1-6, GS 1-10, and all the AAMC's---but now I am realizing I probably won't have the time for that. You already finish content?

Work has been consuming my study time! The date is creeping up too fast! I still need to finish content review and go over Chad's videos. I definitely lost a lot of time this past two weeks when it comes to the MCAT studying and motivation has been pretty low. I need to get back in this and get in the zone like all of you.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Same - I feel like I'm super behind but I realized that I've been doing entire BR Chapter problems instead of 1/3 at a time. I found that a lot of the physical sciences and chemistry chapters built on each other, and I would have to go back if my foundation in the previous chapter was faulty. Thinking about maybe switching over to TPRH SW soon to break up BR a bit before I start the AAMC SAs.

Anyone know if you can take the SAs and take breaks? I don't really wanna sit down for an entire stretch of 3-4 hours.

Same - I feel like I'm super behind but I realized that I've been doing entire BR Chapter problems instead of 1/3 at a time. I found that a lot of the physical sciences and chemistry chapters built on each other, and I would have to go back if my foundation in the previous chapter was faulty. Thinking about maybe switching over to TPRH SW soon to break up BR a bit before I start the AAMC SAs.

Anyone know if you can take the SAs and take breaks? I don't really wanna sit down for an entire stretch of 3-4 hours.

I just finished the SA Verbal and took it over the course of 3 days. The SAs are untimed so you can take a break whenever but it's recommended you do the sciences in 3 hours or so..so you can split up the question sets into separate parts.

How do you guys manage reviewing notes v/s problem solving or doing passages? Like how do you divide the two? Do you review notes daily? When I start reviewing it feels like problem solving is lagging behind -- when I focus on problem solving it feels like I should be reviewing because I am missing questions as I am not able to recall well enough........it's a constant struggle for me.........

How do you guys manage reviewing notes v/s problem solving or doing passages? Like how do you divide the two? Do you review notes daily? When I start reviewing it feels like problem solving is lagging behind -- when I focus on problem solving it feels like I should be reviewing because I am missing questions as I am not able to recall well enough........it's a constant struggle for me.........

I think everyone will have a different strategy for this but I think if you have a decent grasp of the content, you should start doing passage practice. Even if you can't do like 7 passages a day, at least start doing them throughout the week so you get use to the passage style..like do 1-3 passages a day (mix them up so it's random) for now until you feel more confident with the content then 4-6 weeks before the test, start doing more passages daily (this should go by faster since you'll be comfortable with the content by then to do fairly well) and don't neglect AAMC tests. I would focus more on reviewing your answers after you do the practice and that'll count as part of the content review and then set aside some time just to go over the content. I started listening to Chad's vids last week and I count that as content review and it takes up a lot of time since I take down thorough notes so my passage practice has been lacking although I did manage to finally get through the SA Verbal.

I think everyone will have a different strategy for this but I think if you have a decent grasp of the content, you should start doing passage practice. Even if you can't do like 7 passages a day, at least start doing them throughout the week so you get use to the passage style..like do 1-3 passages a day (mix them up so it's random) for now until you feel more confident with the content then 4-6 weeks before the test, start doing more passages daily (this should go by faster since you'll be comfortable with the content by then to do fairly well) and don't neglect AAMC tests. I would focus more on reviewing your answers after you do the practice and that'll count as part of the content review and then set aside some time just to go over the content. I started listening to Chad's vids last week and I count that as content review and it takes up a lot of time since I take down thorough notes so my passage practice has been lacking although I did manage to finally get through the SA Verbal.
Thanks for your response. I appreciate it. I've been meaning to get back to TPRSW. I started it, did about 10 psgs from each section and then left it in favor of notes revision. Think I will do that tonight after class. Speaking of Chad, his video on IR spectroscopy is heavenly. I took detailed notes on that one. He explains it very well and once you get that, it is easier to remember.....

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it. I've been meaning to get back to TPRSW. I started it, did about 10 psgs from each section and then left it in favor of notes revision. Think I will do that tonight after class. Speaking of Chad, his video on IR spectroscopy is heavenly. I took detailed notes on that one. He explains it very well and once you get that, it is easier to remember.....

Maybe try giving yourself 1 day a week dedicated to note reviewing then spend the other days doing practice and reviewing/note revising. I've only done TPR SW discrete questions and not the passages but I've been doing TBR passages and I've been doing thorough review/note taking after each passage..especially Bio! Also, don't forget to take a day off..it helps a lot to have that one day of rest. I've been revising my study schedule base on my progress. I haven't gotten to his IR stuff yet, will be done with that this week! I take detail notes for everything just because it helps me focus and I remember things more when I write it.

Thought I would update my studies here--
I've finished nearly all of Bio content (TPR & EK hybrid strategy) and will be doing orgo this weekend. Hopefully, by this Sunday I will conclude all content studying. The next 16 days I have planned are going to get through ALL the passages in TBR GChem/Physics books while working to complete the TPR Bio passages in SWB. Will be studying from 7AM-7PM if need be lol to cover these.

Then will start taking FLs. I have all Kap 1-11 and TBR 1-7. Will also redo all AAMC exams from last year.

A lot on my plate but hopefully this is enough to push me to where I want to be...

All the best studying lads and share with us when you are going to start taking FLs,

Maybe try giving yourself 1 day a week dedicated to note reviewing then spend the other days doing practice and reviewing/note revising. I've only done TPR SW discrete questions and not the passages but I've been doing TBR passages and I've been doing thorough review/note taking after each passage..especially Bio! Also, don't forget to take a day off..it helps a lot to have that one day of rest. I've been revising my study schedule base on my progress. I haven't gotten to his IR stuff yet, will be done with that this week! I take detail notes for everything just because it helps me focus and I remember things more when I write it.
Are you doing your TBR passages in chunks (1/3, 2/3, 3/3) ? How does your plan look like to tackle the TBR passages in the books.
When I was going through the chapters for content, I simply did the chapter reading :( So I have quite a lot of passages to do haha.

Are you doing your TBR passages in chunks (1/3, 2/3, 3/3) ? How does your plan look like to tackle the TBR passages in the books.
When I was going through the chapters for content, I simply did the chapter reading :( So I have quite a lot of passages to do haha.

My plan is to do 4 TBR passages a day, 5 times a week. So I do like 2 passages in phys and 2 in chem or 2 in bio and 2 in ochem as a set and I do a new section every day instead of finishing up 1 section. It's ideal for me to do it that way because I'm also putting in time for content review every day and time to go over the passage answers thoroughly.

Are you skipping TBR Bio passages altogether? I'm planning on finishing up 1/3 of TBR Bio passages then moving on to TPR SW Bio passages instead. And wow..12 hour study days..you the real MVP. :clap:

My plan is to do 4 TBR passages a day, 5 times a week. So I do like 2 passages in phys and 2 in chem or 2 in bio and 2 in ochem as a set and I do a new section every day instead of finishing up 1 section. It's ideal for me to do it that way because I'm also putting in time for content review every day and time to go over the passage answers thoroughly.

Are you skipping TBR Bio passages altogether? I'm planning on finishing up 1/3 of TBR Bio passages then moving on to TPR SW Bio passages instead. And wow..12 hour study days..you the real MVP. :clap:
This is a really good idea to divide the TBR books to finish them off efficiently. I looked at the Orgo book and a lot of the passages seemed really really advanced. And I've graduated from college so I can really study for the MCAT now lol (my full time job currently) :)

This is a really good idea to divide the TBR books to finish them off efficiently. I looked at the Orgo book and a lot of the passages seemed really really advanced. And I've graduated from college so I can really study for the MCAT now lol (my full time job currently) :)

I thought TBR Orgo was going to be hard because at first glance, it does look advance but the passages are certainly doable. I did my content review using EK and I feel if you have a basic grasp of the content, you should be able to get through the orgo passages. I review all my answers after I do the passage and I add things to my notes, especially new info that I did not think about or even know based on EK. I can't study for more than 6-8 hrs a day so kudos to you.

How many of you are finished with content review? If not, when are you scheduled to finish?

I am done with TBR gen chem, physics, and EK/TPR bio as of now--just have a bit of organic to touch up on. But will do that as I go. Damnnn TBR ch 10 of gen chem (thermochem) and ch 10 of physics (light/lenses) had to be the two most dense chapters of the series. Glad to be done !

Hows everyone been doing?! Damn this thread is dead:( Lets get that 10/25 pride going!!! :) I am finally done with all content (except some orgo left) but wow to be done with TBR gen chem and physics is NICE. Lol those books go ham. I have already done the first 1/3 passages as I went thru the content. Now I am banging out the second 2/3 passages for all chapters over the next couple of days while re-reading my notes to brush up. After I do all the 2/3 passages I will do the SA which will be the 12th I believe. Then start FL's with GS #1 on 15th. I am gonna try to do a FL every other day leading up to our exam (I KNOW this sounds crazy) but I am gonna go for it. I am gonna do kaplan 1-6, GS 1-10 except #7 (heard it sucks) and AAMC 4-11 (no 6). Well see how this goes. lol. I can unwind the days in between by reviewing content, and doing some random passages. Anyone else planning to take a boat load of FL's?

Hows everyone been doing?! Damn this thread is dead:( Lets get that 10/25 pride going!!! :) I am finally done with all content (except some orgo left) but wow to be done with TBR gen chem and physics is NICE. Lol those books go ham. I have already done the first 1/3 passages as I went thru the content. Now I am banging out the second 2/3 passages for all chapters over the next couple of days while re-reading my notes to brush up. After I do all the 2/3 passages I will do the SA which will be the 12th I believe. Then start FL's with GS #1 on 15th. I am gonna try to do a FL every other day leading up to our exam (I KNOW this sounds crazy) but I am gonna go for it. I am gonna do kaplan 1-6, GS 1-10 except #7 (heard it sucks) and AAMC 4-11 (no 6). Well see how this goes. lol. I can unwind the days in between by reviewing content, and doing some random passages. Anyone else planning to take a boat load of FL's?
Good Luck bro/sis. I'd say, go for it -- all out. I plan to do one AAMC every weekend, starting with 7. I've done 4,5. And GS 4-10 thrown in btwn somewhere. I've done 1-3. Wish there was a way we could post VR passages and discuss them without infringing any copyright laws. Can we?

Was at the airport trying to catch a flight to Chicago-Ohare. Heard about some storm up there which perpetually delayed and finally "cancelled" most flights leading to O-hare. What's up Chicago? What's going on up there? They rescheduled me for tomorrow....

Was at the airport trying to catch a flight to Chicago-Ohare. Heard about some storm up there which perpetually delayed and finally "cancelled" most flights leading to O-hare. What's up Chicago? What's going on up there? They rescheduled me for tomorrow....

You from Chi-town bro??

Good Luck bro/sis. I'd say, go for it -- all out. I plan to do one AAMC every weekend, starting with 7. I've done 4,5. And GS 4-10 thrown in btwn somewhere. I've done 1-3. Wish there was a way we could post VR passages and discuss them without infringing any copyright laws. Can we?

How have you done on the FL's you have taken thus far if you don't mind? And what do you think of GS? I haven't actually purchased them yet, but am planning on it. You think they're worth it? I can get all 10 on ebay for $100. I heard they are great cause they have lots of calcs, nice content review in a sorta way, and they're dirt cheap. What do you say? Thanks:)

You from Chi-town bro??
Naa... just visiting some relatives up there...

How have you done on the FL's you have taken thus far if you don't mind? And what do you think of GS? I haven't actually purchased them yet, but am planning on it. You think they're worth it? I can get all 10 on ebay for $100. I heard they are great cause they have lots of calcs, nice content review in a sorta way, and they're dirt cheap. What do you say? Thanks:)
I did GS 1, 2, 3 and got 31/30/31 resp., as composite. My sciences were 10~11 range and verbal was 9~10. I highly recommend those. IMO they are excellent practice. GS 7~10 are very hard (I've read), so they might be calc oriented but GS 1,2,3 did not feel much like that to me.....And yes I went the ebay route as well on those.....

Naa... just visiting some relatives up there...

I did GS 1, 2, 3 and got 31/30/31 resp., as composite. My sciences were 10~11 range and verbal was 9~10. I highly recommend those. IMO they are excellent practice. GS 7~10 are very hard (I've read), so they might be calc oriented but GS 1,2,3 did not feel much like that to me.....And yes I went the ebay route as well on those.....

Wow very nice scores. Keep it going and you could be in for 35+!! Most claim their GS PS and BS are 1-2 points lower than their AAMC.

Wow very nice scores. Keep it going and you could be in for 35+!! Most claim their GS PS and BS are 1-2 points lower than their AAMC.
Most do claim that and I was hoping for it to be true in my case but that's not how it turned out. I was 26 and 27 for AAMC#4 and 5 with sciences as 9~10's and verbal 7~8. That was a big disappointment for me. However the % of correct ans I got for both exams were the same, but AAMC scaling was harsher than GS. Meaning a 40/52 for GS could be an 11 but AAMC it could mean a 9. The GS exams were tougher than AAMC. The AAMC exams have a distinct/different feel to them and it takes a good bit of getting used to. Passages are wordier, lengthier and questions can range from absurdly simple to WTF -- plus the nerves have to get used to AAMC exams too. I was nervous even though it was just a practice. I skipped a whole table at the end of a passage in AAMC#4 i.e., did not scroll all the way to the bottom of the passage and missed two questions because of that. The GS exams were evenly on the tougher side which I think is better than simple, imo. I am going through TPRSW and SA's........to get to that hallowed 30....:).

Didn't do any MCAT for the past 5 days. Will try to get back to it tonite. How is the grind coming along for y'all?

Didn't do any MCAT for the past 5 days. Will try to get back to it tonite. How is the grind coming along for y'all?

I will finally be done with content review middle of next week.... Starting SA and then hopefully my first FL ever the next week! I feel like I know the material well enough... It's just recalling the material under timed conditions that makes me nervous!

You gotta get back on the horse we don't have a lot of time left! Although I bet 5 days with no MCAT requirements was great!

I will finally be done with content review middle of next week.... Starting SA and then hopefully my first FL ever the next week! I feel like I know the material well enough... It's just recalling the material under timed conditions that makes me nervous!

You gotta get back on the horse we don't have a lot of time left! Although I bet 5 days with no MCAT requirements was great!
Good for you, now that your content review is done! The first FL corrupts you. You are left changed, forever....... The 5 day gap was part of life. Was helping some family move to my city. Moving is never a good experience. I don't know why people work out. They should just help people move.....that should give them all the exercise they need for an year.....ha ha.. Right now I am sitting with a very sore lower back, upper back, knees and eyes that could use some sleep after more than 18 yrs of driving.......

Good for you, now that your content review is done! The first FL corrupts you. You are left changed, forever....... The 5 day gap was part of life. Was helping some family move to my city. Moving is never a good experience. I don't know why people work out. They should just help people move.....that should give them all the exercise they need for an year.....ha ha.. Right now I am sitting with a very sore lower back, upper back, knees and eyes that could use some sleep after more than 18 yrs of driving.......

That is brutal... Moving any distance is the worst, but family first....they won't forget that you were there for them... So props for being a good guy/girl!

So what's the plan for this weekend? I will be finishing up on notes revision and solving passages, discreets from TPRSW. If there is time I might gun for GS-4, fingers crossed.......
As time approaches....this sh....is scaring me now.......

So what's the plan for this weekend? I will be finishing up on notes revision and solving passages, discreets from TPRSW. If there is time I might gun for GS-4, fingers crossed.......
As time approaches....this sh....is scaring me now.......

Taking chem self assessment today….physics tomorrow…bio the next day. Then some FL's!!

I'm getting nervous......I'm almost done with all chap 9's of TBR, and will hopefully be done with 10's by next week. Then self assesments, looking like I might not be able to take a full length until the first weeek of October. I really was hoping to be done with content by now. Im not sure 3-4 weeks of FL's is going to be enough. The unknown is the worst part.... I've never taken a FL and I've only practiced with TBR, usually avg around 11-12 with the TBR stuff, but that doesnt really make me feel any better.

76% on chem SA :( Gahh kinda pissed, especially since I was averaging 80-85% on TBR chem (which is supposed to be harder.)I was wicked tired today though and had to rush through it cause I had to do something at 5. Will review it fully tomorrow.

76% on chem SA :( Gahh kinda pissed, especially since I was averaging 80-85% on TBR chem (which is supposed to be harder.)I was wicked tired today though and had to rush through it cause I had to do something at 5. Will review it fully tomorrow.

Did you feel like the SA's were on par difficulty wise with TBR?

For those of you who did the SA sciences already, did you guys do any practice passages prior to SA or just took it with your content knowledge?

For those of you who did the SA sciences already, did you guys do any practice passages prior to SA or just took it with your content knowledge?

Ya what stitch said.... Would like to know as well.... I was thinking about spending a day or so going through my anki decks.

Ya what stitch said.... Would like to know as well.... I was thinking about spending a day or so going through my anki decks.

I'm half way done with Chad's vids and I did my EK content review like over a month ago so I think I have a better grasp of content now. I've been doing TBR passages as practice but I'm not even halfway done with that but I'm going to start my SA for the sciences at the end of this week. I just don't want them to be a waste if I haven't gotten through a lot of practice yet but the point of SA is to tackle your weaknesses, right? lol

I'm half way done with Chad's vids and I did my EK content review like over a month ago so I think I have a better grasp of content now. I've been doing TBR passages as practice but I'm not even halfway done with that but I'm going to start my SA for the sciences at the end of this week. I just don't want them to be a waste if I haven't gotten through a lot of practice yet but the point of SA is to tackle your weaknesses, right? lol

yeah just take them. You should be taking them soon regardless given that our date is coming up so soon:mad: lol. The FL's are there for after you do those, and SA's will help address your weaknesses.I say take them. Good luck. I have only taken chem. Will take physics tomorrow probs.