****The Official OHSU Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

For those who received an interview, was it via phone call or email for the invite? Thanks!

Email.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
May I ask you when you got invited for the interview? I received the competitive email in dec but havent heard back anything since. Thanks in advance

Interview Invite: 11/19/13
Interview Date: 1/27/14
Accepted: 1/31/14

I interviewed this past Tuesday (January, 28) and received an acceptance on Thursday (January, 30). I will be accepting this offer, good luck to everyone who interviews here, this school is great. I am OOS for anyone wondering.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed this past Tuesday (January, 28) and received an acceptance on Thursday (January, 30). I will be accepting this offer, good luck to everyone who interviews here, this school is great. I am OOS for anyone wondering.
when did you get interview invite btw? and do you know if the seats are still open for OOS?

when did you get interview invite btw? and do you know if the seats are still open for OOS?
I got the email to interview on the 12th of January. I can't say for certain but I got the impression that there are still around 20ish seats open; this is just my guess though. They told me they would interview through February so there is still plenty of time for everyone waiting to hear.

If you're making a decision among schools you've been accepted to, please PM me. I'm a dental student at OHSU.

Are they still interviewing people? Got the competitive email back on Dec 5th, nothing since.

Are they still interviewing people? Got the competitive email back on Dec 5th, nothing since.

Yeah, wondering about this too. Anybody heard anything from them since then? Has anybody asked them about it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone OOS gotten anymore word about interviews? Reading last years thread it a seems like interviewing OOS can go into April. For those interviewed were they all typically small groups of less than ten?

Has anyone OOS gotten anymore word about interviews? Reading last years thread it a seems like interviewing OOS can go into April. For those interviewed were they all typically small groups of less than ten?

My interview group was me and two other people. The actual interview was one on one though.

Thanks for your response. Do you know how many seats are left now? I know someone said 20 but I was wondering if that's changed at all.

Got an interview invite at like 1am from OHSU. Wasn't really expecting it this late in the cycle. I'm OOS.

Congrats! When will you be interviewing?

Thanks! I'll be declining the interview because I've already paid my second deposit at another school.
What school did you decide on? I'm deciding between OHSU and Mid-Western AZ . Any suggestions to help me decide?
Thanks

What school did you decide on? I'm deciding between OHSU and Mid-Western AZ . Any suggestions to help me decide?
Thanks

I'm going to the University of Maryland. I honestly don't know much about Midwestern, but I know OHSU has a strong program. The only things I've really heard about Midwestern have been people complaining about the admissions faculty on SDN, which kind of turned me off to the school, so I ended up not applying there. It worries me when I hear about schools treating prospective students poorly, because god knows how you'll get treated once they have your money. I'm a big fan of Portland, in general, so I'd probably go with Oregon on this one. I toured OHSU a couple years ago and I really liked the school. The faculty were all really nice. I bet the school will be even nicer with the new building opening in the fall. On the other hand, one thing to consider with having a brand new building is that they may still have some kinks to work out, which could get annoying. If it were me, Id choose OHSU, unless there was a dramatic price difference.

So I got in and paid the deposit and everything but I haven't heard much from OHSU since then. I got the email to set up my ISIS account but is there something I am missing or do you just wait to hear more information from them?

So I got in and paid the deposit and everything but I haven't heard much from OHSU since then. I got the email to set up my ISIS account but is there something I am missing or do you just wait to hear more information from them?

Same boat. I was thinking about giving them a call but never got around to it.

My understanding is we will get more "things to do" during the month if May.

Well it's good to know that I'm not the only one in the dark haha

Does anyone know how full the class is currently? My AADSAS changed to "invited for interview" this morning and had an explanation that I would contact the office to schedule it once I receive the letter that they sent. I was surprised to see this considering it's so late in the cycle and I personally thought interviews were done for all schools.

I think from last years thread there are more seats available for oos due to the new building. Something like 35 IS and 55 OOS now, but I am only going off previous threads so if I am wrong I'm sorry! I think someone from earlier said about 20 seats left. Not 100% though. When is your interview and congrats!??

Nice job sdn for all the auto correcting our posts! Happy April fools!

I was also offered an interview
I am looking forward to it

Are they still giving out interviews, or is the class mostly full?

I assume that it is not full because I just got an interview last week. Also from previous threads, they even interviewed in May....

I just interviewed last week on the 3rd of April. They let me know the same day that I got accepted. When I talked to the admissions they told me that they have 25 spots left that they are looking to get filled so don't give up hope! I was super surprised that I got invited to interview because I had assumed that they were done. All of the business with switching over the school to the brand new building has got them backed up a bit. Best of luck!

How were you guys informed of the interview? By email?

Just out of curiosity to those who are OOS and recently interviewed, what were your stats?

Any word on more interviews this month? I got that competitive applicant email in November and I thought I would've been interviewed but I am starting to lose hope. I know they interview late so has anyone heard anything recently?

Any word on more interviews this month? I got that competitive applicant email in November and I thought I would've been interviewed but I am starting to lose hope. I know they interview late so has anyone heard anything recently?
When I interviewed last week, I was told there were still roughly 20 seats left and that was really only for OOS applicants. If you are OOS I wouldn't give up hope quite yet.

Thanks for your response! I'll try and keep the hope alive now that I know there are still seats! Congrats on your interview!

Anyone who interviewed there, did your status changed from invited for interview
to "application complete" after your interview? or is this a rejection :( ?

Last edited:
Does anyone know how full the class is currently? My AADSAS changed to "invited for interview" this morning and had an explanation that I would contact the office to schedule it once I receive the letter that they sent. I was surprised to see this considering it's so late in the cycle and I personally thought interviews were done for all schools.
I don't know any exact numbers for ya but Mark is still reviewing applications and sending out interview invites. I believe there are about 25 spots remaining.

As far as how the process works. there is a fairly extensive screening process before the interview, but once you interview you should know within the week if you've been accepted. so theres that.

Also, OHSU is pseudo private which means they get less than 5% of their funding from the state so they don't have an instate vs out of state quota.

best of luck see ya'll when you get here (in in the class of 2016)

I was there last Friday for an interview and Mark told us there are about 21 seats left. I got accepted today so that will make it 20 :D

Anyone receive any additional info (besides the 1k deposit and email thing) from the school since acceptance?