2018 The Official Thread : Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are meant to get an email, then you should get it today or tomorrow. If you do not get an email, your file is still being considered.

Members don't see this ad.

If AADSAS recently updated the personal note on the right side of admission decisions saying that they are reviewing the application and comparing it to others, but the status said received/ being reviewed for about 1-2 months, does that mean they only just started looking at it? Any idea how long it takes to hear back from them at this stage? Thanks for any input! :)

Good luck to everybody today!!

Members don't see this ad :)
My AADSAS was updated to "please check back December 2nd for more information." I'm not sure how this should be interpreted.

Reactions: 1 user
If AADSAS recently updated the personal note on the right side of admission decisions saying that they are reviewing the application and comparing it to others, but the status said received/ being reviewed for about 1-2 months, does that mean they only just started looking at it? Any idea how long it takes to hear back from them at this stage? Thanks for any input! :)

I got the same note

Negative. It was updated this morning from received/under review.
I interviewed yesterday (I totally loved it- Case is so amazing you guys!!!), and my status message got changed to "An invitation to interview at Case has been sent to you. As an applicant, you have either completed your interview or are scheduled to interview. This status will remain after your interview if you have been placed on continued review." I am guessing that AADSAS updated something, and a new message must have gotten posted or something.

I interviewed yesterday (I totally loved it- Case is so amazing you guys!!!), and my status message got changed to "An invitation to interview at Case has been sent to you. As an applicant, you have either completed your interview or are scheduled to interview. This status will remain after your interview if you have been placed on continued review." I am guessing that AADSAS updated something, and a new message must have gotten posted or something.

I have the same message. I hope this is a good sign and not a bad one..

I have the same message. I hope this is a good sign and not a bad one..
You'll be fine. Remember what Dr. Chuck said, "Application season should be enjoyable, not stressful." #itsgonnabeokay

Hi everyone,
As of yesterday, the AADSAS application management program allowed admissions staff to be able to add descriptions to each status update. The additional information you received that is discussed is my first pass at this function, and I'm glad to see it working. In short, this information should be considered applicable at the time your status changed on your school designation section for us. We continue to do a lot of comparisons among applicants, and right now there is no set schedule on when we will let you know next. We have already filled our pre-January spots and we will see what we get from future mailings before making a move to start filling interview spots in the spring.

I wanted to update you about the next communication we intend to send out: specifically, rejection of files without invitation to interview. It is my preference that we not reject applicants until a bit later in the cycle, especially as interview spots are filled. We are getting close to having all our pre-January spots filled (as some of our pre-December interviewees are requesting moving their interviews later), so as soon as I am confident that we will not be accommodating any additional files for pre-January spots, I will consider (finally) sending out our rejection letters. It is not our office's intention to keep so many of you on hold without a thorough consideration of each applicant's competitiveness compared to the overall group.

Our office does not consider any appeals to rejection decisions, so do not direct any phone calls or emails. It is best to review your applications with your prehealth advisors, references, or mentors who are supporting your application for such advice and counsel, especially considering the volume of information we disseminate to desirable applicants in-person and online. I admit our pool this year has been very impressive, and some solid applicants may wind up being left without an interview invitation from our office who I am confident will probably have interviews at other schools (there are over 60 of us).

I just received via aadsas "Our office has received your supplemental fee, your DAT scores, and your letters of evaluation. Your application is being reviewed and compared against other applicants to determine whether we will invite you for an interview. Please contact us when there are significant updates to your file by email to [email protected]." Does this mean i am really close to receiving an invite to interview? And if so can I expect one of the pre-january spots?

I just received via aadsas "Our office has received your supplemental fee, your DAT scores, and your letters of evaluation. Your application is being reviewed and compared against other applicants to determine whether we will invite you for an interview. Please contact us when there are significant updates to your file by email to [email protected]." Does this mean i am really close to receiving an invite to interview? And if so can I expect one of the pre-january spots?

I'll just say see my notes above. We have no timeline on issuing invitations for interview for our January 2014 or later spots. There are no longer any spots through December 2013.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for keeping us posted, Dr. Chuck! For the first time in months, I'm hoping I make it through the day without getting an email from Case... So far so good!

Yay~ I'm not rejected... yet

My AADSAS updated to this:

"AADSAS has delivered your verified application. Our staff is in the process of confirming the receipt of your supplemental application fee, your required letters of evaluation, and your official DAT scores."

It said you received my application in September, so does this mean you're seeing my application for the first time or just that I'm still being considered? I'm just curious, as most of my stats fall within the rejection range you mentioned before.

Thanks!

My AADSAS was updated to "please check back December 2nd for more information." I'm not sure how this should be interpreted.
This is what mine says too, I have no idea what it means or how to interpret it. I also have heard nothing about an interview.

Received a "no further consideration" e-mail today. I considered myself to be a reasonably competitive applicant on paper in the 3.9+ GPA club with a 22 AA DAT score. So, if you got one as well, don't too defeated: odds are, you're in good company. I deduce at this point that they have a select few interview spots at best, and hundreds and hundreds of applicants still pending so they have to reduce the range somehow. One has to be realistic about these things. I'm very much out of state, and I applied to this school a little bit later because their mission statements and forum activity impressed me, so I will concede that I'm sad to see the potential dissipate.

I admit that I've been obsessively checking AADSAS as a part of my daily routine, and the change in status terrified me the other day, but at least it prepared me for the e-mail ;)

Good luck with your other schools and interviews.

Thank you for the updates Dr. Chuck.

Received a "no further consideration" e-mail today. I considered myself to be a reasonably competitive applicant on paper in the 3.9+ GPA club with a 22 AA DAT score. So, if you got one as well, don't too defeated: odds are, you're in good company. I deduce at this point that they have a select few interview spots at best, and hundreds and hundreds of applicants still pending so they have to reduce the range somehow. One has to be realistic about these things. I'm very much out of state, and I applied to this school a little bit later because their mission statements and forum activity impressed me, so I will concede that I'm sad to see the potential dissipate.

I did post the midrange statistics of the group whose applications we are no longer considering a bit earlier. Any particular insights on what we are looking for were posted in post #1 of this thread as well as disseminated in our various presentations we make to predental applicants and clubs throughout the year, and some of those insights can make a real difference. (It does appear we have not had much interest from predental organizations near your area, by the way.) Grades and DAT matter but do not guarantee an interview invitation in our process, and there are always some difficult calls to make. But chances are that many people with your numbers will get a lot of attention from a lot of schools, so I'm confident that something will go your way.

From the CWRU ASDA Chapter:

The Case Western ASDA (American Student Dental Association) chapter will be hosting a tour of the dental school on Saturday Nov. 9th. The tour will be 1-3 pm and will include:

• An introduction to Case Western SODM curriculum
  • Info about the admissions statistics/process
  • Info about a typical day at the school
  • Info about the American Student Dental Association (National + the Case chapter)
  • A Q&A session
  • A tour of the school (e.g. The Clinic, Simulation Lab, Classrooms, Library, Cafeteria, etc...)

If you are interested, please contact [email protected], and we will send you further details!

I did post the midrange statistics of the group whose applications we are no longer considering a bit earlier. Any particular insights on what we are looking for were posted in post #1 of this thread as well as disseminated in our various presentations we make to predental applicants and clubs throughout the year, and some of those insights can make a real difference. (It does appear we have not had much interest from predental organizations near your area, by the way.) Grades and DAT matter but do not guarantee an interview invitation in our process, and there are always some difficult calls to make. But chances are that many people with your numbers will get a lot of attention from a lot of schools, so I'm confident that something will go your way.

Ahhh, yes, I see that. I entered the CASE game perhaps a bit later than would have been advisable, and that was due to my own oversights. CASE slipped my radar as a school. I noticed you first on SDN in late August or so, but I was impressed by your active involvement here and with the essence of the school as written on the institution's website.I appreciate being considered all the way up until now in any event, and although I hope to never go through an application cycle again, I would check out CASE once more if that were to occur. The whole application cycle is stressful, even perfect candidates (which isn't me, to be sure) have no guarantees, and acceptance requires a fair deal of preparation, timing, fit, and a little chance.

At any rate, I commend your engagement with your applicants inside and outside of this form. Without the former, I would have never applied to CASE in the first place because I simply was not aware of the institution. On account of this, I think your forum presence does adds to the visibility and character of your school for individuals like myself. There are only so many schools, but there are enough that it is a daunting task to sift through all the various programs and curricula to find ones that fit with one's own values and skills.

Thanks again for being so communicative and positive Dr. Chuck, I wish the best for your school and this upcoming class of students.

Predental clubs or groups have the opportunity to try to arrange an online recruitment presentation with Case School of Dental Medicine this upcoming academic year. While I do try to schedule open recruitment "office hours" at my discretion, I know many predental clubs are starting to figure out your meeting agendas for the next semester or year.

We are particularly interested in making sure we contact anyone attending programs represented in the top of our "feeder school" list from last application cycle. Some of these schools are fairly easy to arrange as we have standing visit invitations, but a few others require a little more coordination. Specifically, if someone representing any of the following schools can email me directly, it would be great to coordinate a visit either in-person or on-line. (Note, it is also possible to coordinate a recruitment talk targetting multiple schools online; our medical school has been doing this over the last couple of years.)

• University of Washington
  • University of Western Ontario
  • Wayne State University MI
  • York University
  • University of British Columbia
  • University of Florida
  • University of Houston
  • University of South Florida
  • Virginia Commonwealth University
  • University of Alberta

Dr. Chuck, I did not apply to your school but I think I can be of assistance. I was an officer in the Pre-Dental Society at the University of South Florida. I graduated early, consequently I am no longer lining up speakers or events, but I would be happy to pass any information along to the PDS President at USF. Please let me know if I can help.

Dr. Chuck, I did not apply to your school but I think I can be of assistance. I was an officer in the Pre-Dental Society at the University of South Florida. I graduated early, consequently I am no longer lining up speakers or events, but I would be happy to pass any information along to the PDS President at USF. Please let me know if I can help.

Please tell one of your officers to contact us. Our assistant director just completed his annual Florida recruitment trip, including some trips through Orlando and Miami. USF is one of our most frequently cited programs, so it would be a shame if so many of them applied without knowing much about our program.

When is the next batch of interview invites going out?

Hi Dr. Chuck,

I am glad I found this forum. I wish I had found it before so I could participate in some pre-dental workshops. My AADSAS status is also updated. It says that I am still being considered. It also says that I can email any significant changes that would help my application.

I was wondering what kind of information will be consider significant that will help my application?
- I am working as a dental assistant right now.
- I am going to start doing substitute teaching soon.
- I am also a tutor at Madonna University.
- Participated in pre-dental workshop at the University of Detroit Mercy.

Will this information help my application? Is there anything else that I can include in an email?

When I applied for dental school, I was volunteering at a dental office. She liked my work and hired me as dental assistant.

Hi Dr. Chuck,

I am glad I found this forum. I wish I had found it before so I could participate in some pre-dental workshops. My AADSAS status is also updated. It says that I am still being considered. It also says that I can email any significant changes that would help my application.

I was wondering what kind of information will be consider significant that will help my application?
- I am working as a dental assistant right now.
- I am going to start doing substitute teaching soon.
- I am also a tutor at Madonna University.
- Participated in pre-dental workshop at the University of Detroit Mercy.

Will this information help my application? Is there anything else that I can include in an email?

When I applied for dental school, I was volunteering at a dental office. She liked my work and hired me as dental assistant.
Email us any information that you consider significant to add to your file.

Email us any information that you consider significant to add to your file.
Thanks Dr. Chuck,
I will email my letter as soon as possible. Please keep us updating on Interview process. It is very stressful for me.

What about 2014?
If I remember correctly Dr chuck said in an earlier post that it'll be all quiet on the [case] western front until January or so, then they'd start actively trying to fill in the remaining seats not acquired in the first round of deposits. Something along those lines. I bet you'd find an answer in his previous posts.

I interviewed last month and my status still says:

"An invitation to interview at Case has been sent to you. As an applicant, you have either completed your interview or are scheduled to interview. This status will remain after your interview if you have been placed on continued review."

Does it mean I am wait listed?!?

I interviewed last month and my status still says:

"An invitation to interview at Case has been sent to you. As an applicant, you have either completed your interview or are scheduled to interview. This status will remain after your interview if you have been placed on continued review."

Does it mean I am wait listed?!?

Haha, no! At least not necessarily. I wouldn't read too much into status updates until December 2nd. People on here are going crazy trying to figure them out, and it's all speculation. :)

I just got in!!! Thank you so much Dr. Chuck!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I just got in!!! Thank you so much Dr. Chuck!!!

:soexcited:

YAY, changedude!

And thank you for finally letting us know, Dr. Chuck, especially after all of your little taunting FB posts and tweets!
:laugh: :thumbup: Love it!

Congrats everyone! And like the others, thank you Dr. Chuck (we all know you're reading this right now) and staff! So excited for this first acceptance so I can go to bed in peace. haha.:)

First of all, congrats everyone!!!! and I believe that all your efforts made a goal today. For guys who made the goal, did you guys got a new update on AADSAS portal? or Did you get any email from Dr. Chuck?

First of all, congrats everyone!!!! and I believe that all your efforts made a goal today. For guys who made the goal, did you guys got a new update on AADSAS portal? or Did you get any email from Dr. Chuck?
No AADSAS update. Got an e-card in an email from Dr. Chuck. :)

Well, I got a e-card too. Is that a good sign?

Well, I got a e-card too. Is that a good sign?
Did you open it and read the contents? You know what it means if it says, "Congratulations! [...] offer of admission". :)

Any other contents... then I think you have to wait for an email to see their decision.

The Facebook page is open. I am hoping I actually included the link into the e-cards... if not, it will be embedded in the offer letter emails sent later today.

Though I concede, the URL follows the pattern as last year's Facebook group.

Last edited:
I got a puppy!!!! Cant wait to see everyone in the Fall!!!!:claps: Congrats everyone:highfive:

If we didn't get an update or an ecard, does that mean something other than acceptance? And congrats to everyone who got accepted!

Status
Not open for further replies.